Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Kemper said:

In response to our discussions on Meeka's clothing choices.  Yes, she should be comfortable; but also professional.  There is no way she looks like a professional news/anchor in those depressing, ill-fitting tops.  The show used to have a coffee-group feel with everyone sitting around the desk; then it regressed into the Brady Bunch squares...maybe around the time they moved to Florida.  I think CNN now has both morning anchors in the studio; not sure.  I know we are in the middle of a pandemic but this show has been insulated longer than we have had the pandemic, I think.

But between Joe's frat-boy behavior and rants, Meeka's in-over-her-head personna and everyone being Zoomed in, the show is sometimes a disaster, albeit an interesting one - like gawking at a car accident. 

I think the times have changed and JoMika have not been able to adapt. 

The premise of the show is fine, and I understand the hesitancy to put five people around desk just yet, but Joe & Mika just don't work any more. 

The Bickersons schtick got old, then we went thru the googoo eyes/affair bs, Mika's fury at Joe or Willie daring to talk about sports or pop culture, now it's like a couple old married people who would rather be anywhere but where they are. 

For two weeks Rachel Joy & Nicolle hosted pre and post convention shows and they were brilliant. They were in studio, but sat far apart, they were funny and informative.  And then for the post show add BriWi to the mix and it's like a cocktail party you really want to attend. 

This show just needs a complete make over. New hosts, or at least Willie and a younger more engaged co host.   Joe is always mad and Mika is barely awake.  You just get the feeling they're not enjoying it anymore, and therefore we don't either. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

I keep waiting for a guest to say, "Oh, is it my turn now?"  

perhaps it's the isolation in Fl that has made it worse, isolation from the guests, from cues and reactions from crew and people around him, now even isolation from Mika after the mysterious disappearance of the breakfast nook so there's not even that tongue-in-cheek aspect of her rolling her eyes at him (or punching his arm and telling him to shut up! she used to do that!). I mean he was always bombastic but he used to be funny and self-aware about it, that really helped tone it down a bit

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

This show just needs a complete make over. New hosts, or at least Willie and a younger more engaged co host.   Joe is always mad and Mika is barely awake.  You just get the feeling they're not enjoying it anymore, and therefore we don't either. 

So true. I just can't stomach Mika's sour face any more. She just sits there smugly hating everything...until she's put on the spot in Joe's absence and then we're subjected to her tongue-tied rants. She has ruined the show, IMO. Joe is usually pretty affable with the right guest/subject, but she is a joyless shrew.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

So true. I just can't stomach Mika's sour face any more. She just sits there smugly hating everything...until she's put on the spot in Joe's absence and then we're subjected to her tongue-tied rants. She has ruined the show, IMO. Joe is usually pretty affable with the right guest/subject, but she is a joyless shrew.

I think their contract comes up for renewal in 2021. I don't know if Mika would let Joe retire. Mika would like to expand her KYV empire & needs to be on tv to help sell tickets to her seminars.

Another option would be for Mika & Joe to ask for a high profile job in a Joe Biden administration. Joe's contacts with many important world leaders could make him Secretary of State or being named Ambassador to the South of France. Mika likes France. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, neona said:

Did Kasie Hunt just say that talking to Trump was like French kissing a chainsaw? Ahahahaha, omg, I love her. 

Kasie! was discussing a quote in Michael Schmidt's new book from former WH Chief of Staff and retired USMC General John Kelly:

"Kelly has said that having to say no to Trump was like 'French kissing a chainsaw.' "

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, suomi said:

Kasie! was discussing a quote in Michael Schmidt's new book from former WH Chief of Staff and retired USMC General John Kelly:

"Kelly has said that having to say no to Trump was like 'French kissing a chainsaw.' "

Ahh I see. Then I revise my comments to say 1) Kasie Hunt is still awesome, and always will be, and 2) So is Michael Schmidt!! His black fleece upturned collar makes him look like Count Dracula, but somehow, it works for him. And congratulations to him on his book

ETA: And to Kelly himself, it's lovely that you have a sense of humor, but it would also have been nice if you'd also had a spine, so you could have warned the public and testified about this shit while it was going down

Edited by neona
  • Love 6

Joe is wearing the same navy blue sweater  for the third day in a row. Mika is wearing the same black cardigan. I suspect that the person who does their laundry is on vacation.

Joe's new talking point is that Joe Biden has always condemned violence & looting.

Joe is mad at Trump for not condemning his supporters for shooting paintball pellets at protestors.

Joe is speaking slowly today to emphasize his points.

Joe compared Trump holding a bible in Lafayette Square to Dukakis in a tank in 1988.

Joe wants Trump to condemn Qanon.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, neona said:

Ahh I see. Then I revise my comments to say 1) Kasie Hunt is still awesome, and always will be, and 2) So is Michael Schmidt!! His black fleece upturned collar makes him look like Count Dracula, but somehow, it works for him. And congratulations to him on his book

ETA: And to Kelly himself, it's lovely that you have a sense of humor, but it would also have been nice if you'd also had a spine, so you could have warned the public and testified about this shit while it was going down

I agree about Kelly's spine.  That is what is so infuriating about all these books coming out from former White House staffers.  Months or years after-the-fact.   Even General Mattis .  I am an Army Brat so know that you don't publicly call out your Commander-in-Chief; at least during normal times.  But apparently things coming from the top were so egregious, so crazy, that I don't understand how an honorable person could stay silent.  Resign, tell the American People why and then write your book.  Of course, Trump would be suing them immediately and probably taking their pensions.  So there is that.  The most shameful one of all is John Bolton.  At least we have Bob Woodward's book coming out in a few weeks.  But at the end of the day...none of these books make any difference in Trump's popularity.

Another thing this morning; the conversation centers on the same thing for hours; the only break is if a guest is on to plug a book or discuss KYV.  CNN in the morning has a better-rounded show.  Then again, MJ gets better ratings.

• Love 6

Joe said he demanded that the GOP take Trump off the ticket in 2016 when he proposed Second Amendment solutions to Hillary picking judges. The GOP did not listen to the him & will suffer for a generation.

Mika is happy that Joe Biden is leading Trump by 8 points nationally and leading in all the battleground states.

Biden's lead in Arizona,Michigan & Colorado is 10 %. Joe said Trump is doomed.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I agree about Kelly's spine.  That is what is so infuriating about all these books coming out from former White House staffers.  Months or years after-the-fact.   Even General Mattis .  I am an Army Brat so know that you don't publicly call out your Commander-in-Chief; at least during normal times.  But apparently things coming from the top were so egregious, so crazy, that I don't understand how an honorable person could stay silent.  Resign, tell the American People why and then write your book.  Of course, Trump would be suing them immediately and probably taking their pensions.  So there is that.  The most shameful one of all is John Bolton.  At least we have Bob Woodward's book coming out in a few weeks.  But at the end of the day...none of these books make any difference in Trump's popularity.

Another thing this morning; the conversation centers on the same thing for hours; the only break is if a guest is on to plug a book or discuss KYV.  CNN in the morning has a better-rounded show.  Then again, MJ gets better ratings.

I totally agree about Kelly's spine, but I don't agree that CNN has a better morning show - in my opinion, the situation is this:  Fox and Friends is utterly unwatchable for humans rooted in reality, CNN is dull-as-fuck and prone to alarming both-siderism, so Morning Joe remains as the only viable option right now. They sort of win, BY DEFAULT.

And, you know, they deserve credit for that, for distinguishing themselves from the two others....but also, some criticism, for resting on their laurels, and becoming the sort of inexplicably pompous people who weirdly broadcast from separate rooms without explanation, and who consider themselves too important to even say good morning to guests anymore.

And for changing an intellectually challenging, crazy, beautifully amusing format into this awkward formulaic Edwardian Funeral Parlor (yep I'm gonna use this as often and repetitively as they use THEIR dull-ass tropes)

In about 4-6 months, the current shitshow newscycle will hopefully be over...and people will wake up and EITHER think 1) thank god this madness is over and 'm no longer FORCED to watch the news in the morning, or... 2) hey, I wonder what Joe and Mika and the gang are up to this morning?

I mean, that major change isn't that many weeks away (I hope!!) ? So while they have all those eyeballs, for free, all those people who will watch no matter what because they're DESPERATE FOR INFORMATION, it might make sense to take a deep breath, and start to construct a polished, pleasant, colorful, fun, AND intellectually challenging show that people actually feel emotionally attached to, that people love and want to keep on in the background, even when there isn't that much breaking news. It's like doing a play when you know there's an agent in the audience - here's your chance, prove to them why they should stick around. Don't take them for granted. 

I really wonder what their long-term plans are, and if they've actually thought about these things.

• Love 1

Please MSNBC for the love of God, tell Joe to find something to harp on for three hours other than calling out violence.  Yeah we get it.  But enough already.  Biden's speech was impactful. You screaming about it every day is not.  It is tiresome. You're like a broken record, and again, you're preaching to the choir. 

Mika really needs to stop sighing like she can't wait for 9 am to come. Her interview with Chasten was awful.  Thank God he's such a delightful person. 

They stopped for a minute to talk to Michael Schmidt or something and as soon as it was over, Sis and I were texting each other "FFS here we go again with Joe and the ranting."   I would think with what Schmidt was talking about they would have had him on for a longer segment, unless he was booked for another show. The stuff in his book is insane as his reporting suggests we could actually be living under an Administration being run by a Russian agent.  Gosh Joe maybe that's more important than you getting everyone to sign your No Violence Pledge. 

Joe's hypocrisy re Trump is really getting to be beyond the pale.  It's obvious the way he subtly tries to tell Trump how to run his campaign, to no avail. He is so butt hurt about Trump giving he and Meeks the heave ho. If they remade Fatal Attraction, he'd be cast in the Glenn Close role.  "I WILL NOT BE IGNORED DONALD". 

This show is unwatchable when they host. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, neona said:

I totally agree about Kelly's spine, but I don't agree that CNN has a better morning show - in my opinion, the situation is this:  Fox and Friends is utterly unwatchable for humans rooted in reality, CNN is dull-as-fuck and prone to alarming both-siderism, so Morning Joe remains as the only viable option right now. They sort of win, BY DEFAULT.

And, you know, they deserve credit for that, for distinguishing themselves from the two others....but also, some criticism, for resting on their laurels, and becoming the sort of inexplicably pompous people who weirdly broadcast from separate rooms without explanation, and who consider themselves too important to even say good morning to guests anymore.

And for changing an intellectually challenging, crazy, beautifully amusing format into this awkward formulaic Edwardian Funeral Parlor (yep I'm gonna use this as often and repetitively as they use THEIR dull-ass tropes)

In about 4-6 months, the current shitshow newscycle will hopefully be over...and people will wake up and EITHER think 1) thank god this madness is over and 'm no longer FORCED to watch the news in the morning, or... 2) hey, I wonder what Joe and Mika and the gang are up to this morning?

I mean, that major change isn't that many weeks away (I hope!!) ? So while they have all those eyeballs, for free, all those people who will watch no matter what because they're DESPERATE FOR INFORMATION, it might make sense to take a deep breath, and start to construct a polished, pleasant, colorful, fun, AND intellectually challenging show that people actually feel emotionally attached to, that people love and want to keep on in the background, even when there isn't that much breaking news. It's like doing a play when you know there's an agent in the audience - here's your chance, prove to them why they should stick around. Don't take them for granted. 

I really wonder what their long-term plans are, and if they've actually thought about these things.

Tomato/Tomahto.  That is what is so great about this board.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Joe's hypocrisy re Trump is really getting to be beyond the pale.  It's obvious the way he subtly tries to tell Trump how to run his campaign, to no avail. He is so butt hurt about Trump giving he and Meeks the heave ho. If they remade Fatal Attraction, he'd be cast in the Glenn Close role.  "I WILL NOT BE IGNORED DONALD". 

This show is unwatchable when they host. 

Joe is tired of Presidents that don't follow his advice.

Joe warned George W Bush not to have massive deficits & be cautious about invading Iraq. Joe's contacts in the Iraq government told him that there were no Weapons of Massive Destruction in Iraq.

Joe warned President Obama that his stimulus package & health care plans would fail.

Joe blamed President Obama for losing control of Congress & thousands of state & local legislative seats because he refused to schmooze with members of the elite media like Mika & Joe.

Joe criticized President Trump for not appointing Harold Ford Jr & Richard Haas to his cabinet.  Joe considers himself to be brilliant at selecting the right people for cabinet.

It's important for Joe Biden to acknowledge Joe's political acumen & make sure that he is allowed a veto over any appointments that President elect Biden may make.

• LOL 4
11 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Please MSNBC for the love of God, tell Joe to find something to harp on for three hours other than calling out violence.  Yeah we get it.  But enough already.  Biden's speech was impactful. You screaming about it every day is not.  It is tiresome. You're like a broken record, and again, you're preaching to the choir. 

He could pivot to the alternative "harp"....poll numbers.  

• Love 3

The president visited Kenosha.  Mika is upset that the president didn't visit Jacob Blake's family.  In a clip the president said he was there for law enforcement.  The president said he is about law and order.   He said he will put out violence.

Mika is upset about the president saying he is against violence and not visiting the Jacob Blake family.

Joe said Joe Biden supports cops and is against violence. 

Lemire said Trump has suggested that Biden is a leftist.

A Grinnell College general national election poll of 800 voters showed an 8 point lead for Joe Biden. Mika is excited about the Grinnell poll since she loves Iowa.

Joe says the goal for Trump is to make everyone forget about coronavirus.  He loves these talking points from January. Joe says there is no point in worrying about violence in Kenosha when Americans are dead.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

Mika complained about Trump holding a super spreader at the White House last week.

Joe said he knows Joe Kennedy & Ed Markey. Joe was puzzled why Kennedy was running against Ed Markey because the focus should be on Donald Trump.

• Love 2

Mika flew on American Airlines this week. She visited her daughters & wore a mask. Mika also wore gloves.

Joe is more optimistic about the virus receding temporarily.

Joe said people should help out the airlines by flying.

Joe said he also went out to eat a restaurant & wore a mask.

Joe is the spiritual leader America needs now.

• LOL 5

Joe freaked out when Shawna Thomas told him that he shouldn't use the moniker Law & Order Conservative.

Joe said the Biden ad spoke to him.

Joe cut her off & said that he is opposed to looting & violence. Joe said he has the support of John Lewis & Reverend Al Sharpton.

After Joe's rant about the virus, Lemire told him "Joe you simply couldn't be more right". Joe said he didn't pay Lemire to say that.

Lemire said he won't do that again.

Mika started laughing.

Lemire wants to swicth the issues from the Virus to Law & Order.

• Love 3

I enjoyed this morning's SOUPCANSTRAVAGANZA.  I liked the talking head who said, "...French Onion, Minestrone."

But what was interesting this AM was the Evangelical who was talking about the Right to Life voters who feel that they MUST vote for Trump or else they have "blood on their hands," no matter how awful and non-Christian his actions/policies are.  He did his earnest best to prove that abortion  is not so much effected by the Supreme Court justices (IE, only 1 said they would overturn Roe Vs Wade--Clarence Thomas-- not even Trump's 2 appointees) and all the action that counts is on the State and local levels.  He said mostly older RTL voters are the ones that still think overturning it resides with the President. And he did such a compelling job that I am sure that every one of the Right to Life Republican Evangelican Christian older voters who watch MSNBC and Morning Joe will not vote for Trump.

Edited by WhineandCheez
need coffee to spell
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Mika read an editorial from Mark Hemingway. He complained about violence in Portland has been going on for many years.

Joe said he was criticized by the far left for complaining about violence.

Barnicle said the country was in much better shape before Trump was sworn in.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Shawna Thomas was great today.

Joe did pretty much all the interviews by himself. Mika only popped up to do the reading. This is just getting weird, why is she not allowed to be there

Barnicle experiencing difficulties while broadcasting in front of a giant, ancient fireplace is very on-brand.

20 minutes ago, oakville said:

After Joe's rant about the virus, Lemire told him "Joe you simply couldn't be more right". Joe said he didn't pay Lemire to say that.

That's actually some variety - they usually ALL say "you're absolutely right, Joe". I mean they all use that *exact* phrase! I always wondered why they didn't mix it up a bit, eg," that's correct, Joe", "your wisdom is boundless, Joe", "your intellect astounds me, Joe", "your hair is real pretty, Joe"...

• LOL 7
42 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

He said mostly older RTL voters are the ones that still think overturning it resides with the President. And he did such a compelling job that I am sure that every one of the Right to Life Republican Evangelican Christian older voters who watch MSNBC and Morning Joe will not vote for Trump.

I can't even with these RTL conversations. The hypocrisy is so infuriating.  

And Joe trashing Portland.  There were several comedians on Twitter last night who tour the country and go to Portland and said they have never seen what people are talking about, hotels on fire, constant protesting, etc. Of course the  WSJ is going to side with Trump. 

And Joe you can also shut up about Joe Kennedy. You didn't even make it six years in Congress. He comes from a political dynasty.  He'll be back while you're foaming at the mouth on your Wayne's World basement dweller shit show. 

And I cannot take one more day of Joe and Mika screeching about violence. Shut The Fuck Up. 

You cannot tell me there isn't anything else to talk about. Every day the same thing. We know Trump isn't going to denounce his supporters. YOU know Trump isn't going to denounce his supporters.  Who are you trying to convince? 

Joe started up on this rant and I switched over to Parks & Rec. 20 minutes later I turned back and BIG SURPRISE he's still at it. 

The Soup Can thing was trending on Twitter, it was fun.  I buy my soup at Trader Joe's it comes in small cartons or whatever they're called,  like milk.  Libs don't even buy soup in cans!!!  Or as I was told, Traitor Joe's you antifa scum!!  Hee 

5 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said KYV helps women gain confidence.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Mika ended the show with a KYV segment on women voting.  Women are supporting Biden.  Mika said KYV helps women gain confidence

I usually listen to MJ, not watch, so when all of a sudden Mika's voice turned all chirpy and artifically bright, I knew some kind of KYV spiel was about to happen.  It's like she's all sullen, robotic and sigh-y, until KYV, the thing that's REALLY GOING TO TURN AMERICA AROUND.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

It's like she's all sullen, robotic and sigh-y, until KYV, the thing that's REALLY GOING TO TURN AMERICA AROUND.

She couldn't give two shits about turning America around, she wants the attention she got from these idiotic KYV rallies. It's nothing but an excuse to get people to tell her how wonderful she is. Even tho she is not. She doesn't do her job, she has no interest in educating herself, she's petty, and quite the hypocrite. 

Why any woman would listen to Mika Brzezinski about gaining self confidence is beyond me. 

• Love 6

I doubt she's doing the knowing your value-stuff for attention. Yeah some of it's a bit vapid and there are some wildly misguided conformists aspects, like everyone needs to drink smoothies (?) or everyone needs to wear black (did we learn nothing from a Handmaid's tale??) but the basic advice I guess is somewhat useful for those in need of basic advice (more than one might expect..society treats women like shit, and even smart women internalize it). And if it was all for attention, why would she help Nicolle Wallace with her contract, help Kasie Hunt get her own show etc. Those two talents are pretty undeniable and if they were helped along by Mika's project I'm all for it. YMMV. But yeah, a bit more enthusiasm for her own show wouldn't hurt.

7 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe freaked out when Shawna Thomas told him that he shouldn't use the moniker Law & Order Conservative.

When I watched this it kinda confused me? I feel like I was missing something, why did Shawna say he shouldn't use that moniker and why was Joe upset? Not being snarky, genuinely confused, I wasn't paying 100% attention...

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, neona said:

When I watched this it kinda confused me? I feel like I was missing something, why did Shawna say he shouldn't use that moniker and why was Joe upset? Not being snarky, genuinely confused, I wasn't paying 100% attention...

Joe showed an ad of Joe Biden speaking out against violence . Joe told Shawna that the ad "spoke to him" as a Law & Order Conservative.

Shawna said he shouldn't use that moniker because Trump uses that moniker to attack people protesting for Black Lives Matter.

Shawna didn't realize that Joe considers himself to be one of the only "True Conservatives" left in America.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe showed an ad of Joe Biden speaking out against violence . Joe told Shawna that the ad "spoke to him" as a Law & Order Conservative.

Shawna said he shouldn't use that moniker because Trump uses that moniker to attack people protesting for Black Lives Matter.

Shawna didn't realize that Joe considers himself to be one of the only "True Conservatives" left in America.

First of all, I missed the show today - so who is Shawna?  ... I probably know but cannot place her tonight after a glass of wine laced with gin.  Yes, Joe does consider himself to be a ...angels singing, reverential whisper .. True Conservative.  I would actually miss this if he stopped saying it this way.

And from above...I think it was Neona.  You Are So Right!  Yes, a lot of the guests use this in response to Joe's 15-minute tirade or blather.  I love Jonathan LeMire but he is one of the most obvious offenders that comes to mind.   

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Kemper said:

First of all, I missed the show today - so who is Shawna?  ... I probably know but cannot place her tonight after a glass of wine laced with gin.  Yes, Joe does consider himself to be a ...angels singing, reverential whisper .. True Conservative.  I would actually miss this if he stopped saying it this way.

And from above...I think it was Neona.  You Are So Right!  Yes, a lot of the guests use this in response to Joe's 15-minute tirade or blather.  I love Jonathan LeMire but he is one of the most obvious offenders that comes to mind.   

Shawna is Shawna Thomas of MSNBC.  She has recently started appearing as a guest in the Brady Bunch boxes. She is also a content producer for Quibbi ( whatever that is).  

• Love 2

The first topic today was a discussion of the movie Fletch with Chevy Chase . Lemire liked the movie. Mika didn't see the movie.

Susan Del Percio has joined the Lincoln Project.

Mika was very happy reading the polls showing Joe Biden leading in the battleground states.

Biden is leading 52-42 in Wisconsin.

Joe is wearing his dark blue sweater which has many white spots on it.

Joe said that Trump's law & order strategy isn't working in Wisconsin.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, oakville said:

The first topic today was a discussion of the movie Fletch with Chevy Chase . Lemire liked the movie. Mika didn't see the movie.

Joe has some balls talking about Donald Trump not being of sound mind,  muttering under his breath for five minutes about some stupid movie while Mika's trying to introduce guests. 

And then he starts giving Lemire shit for not caring about Fletch. Oh did you hear about talkies. Jesus Fucking Christ, does no one in charge at MSNBC watch this crap? And tell them to get their shit together or their contract can be bought out? NBC had no problem buying out Megyn Kelly's contract, I'm sure there's enough change under a sofa cushion somewhere to give you two the heave ho. 

If I was Mika I'd have gotten up, walked over into his camera range, smacked him upside the head and told him to STFU.  

Chevy Chase was funny for five minutes. He was an asshole and and still is. Fletch is NOT a classic comedy, Joe. The book is funny, the movie was stupid. And BTW Chase is not a comedy God, Bill Murray is who you're thinking of. Chase was kicked off Community for being such a dick. Something you can probably relate to. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 7

Joe talking about how Carter underestimated Reagan, and how silly everyone was to think Reagan would start WWIII. 

Wrong on both counts, Joey. 

Carter was ahead til the debate, and Reagan's people had "mysteriously" gotten hold of Carter's debate briefs. And as unethical as that sounds, didn't think it was a big deal and didn't return them.  Carter was being hurt by the Iran crisis, and now people know what he was actually doing behind the scenes to get the hostages out, that until recently he never spoke of it so as not to reveal CIA operatives. Iran held the hostages to hurt him, because of his support of the Shah.  

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/07/16/us/reagan-aides-say-only-one-protested-use-of-carter-notes.html

As far as his his build up of the military, scroll down to "So what happened in 1983".  I know Joe is just a dumb country lawyer, but I bet even he could understand the three syllable words in this article. 

https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/standing-on-the-brink-the-secret-war-scare-of-1983/

Joe's understanding of history is akin to my dog's understanding of nuclear physics. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Liberty said:

It looks like someone threw a chalkboard eraser at Joe's favorite sweater

Maybe the dots are cake crumbs from Mika?

I've never heard anyone who met Chevy Chase in person say anything good about him.   Fletch the book was great, Fletch the movie was hideous. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I've never heard anyone who met Chevy Chase in person say anything good about him.   Fletch the book was great, Fletch the movie was hideous. 

Even that movie he made with Goldie Hawn, Foul Play, which I thought was cute, she carried it.  He has one gear, obnoxious wise ass. 

• Love 4

Joe and Mika started the show the a clip of President Trump criticizing John McCain.  Jeffrey Goldberg has a new report about how the president called service members "losers,"  Mika is very solem reading the anonymous story.  Joe called the story incredible.  Jeffrey Goldberg joined the show.  He said that he hears things all of the time.  He hears interesting stuff.  Jeffrey Goldberg does not like the president's attitude toward service. 

Joe listed military officials who allegedly don't like Trump.  Joe knows all about  the military since some of his friends served.  

Mika talked about a 2017 visit to Arlington Cemetery.  Trump allegedly asked what was in it for the dead soldiers.  Mika's solemn reading is great. I feel like I'm watching a play.

I think she should do an off Broadway performance of "The Vagina Monologues."

• LOL 4

MIka read from The Atlantic that Trump allegedly called John MCcain a "fucking loser" after he died. Mika said "f-ing."  Joe and Mika getting real today.

Jon Lemire said the White House denies The Atlantic's story.  So what Jonathan?  I want to hear Mika read the whole thing.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 2

Joe looked into the camera and did a monolgue for military members.  He solemnly stated that the overwhelming majority of Americans support you, the military, unlike the president who called you names.

Joe said General Mattis and John Kelly would deny the story if it wasn't true.  Joe said that he has friends in Congress who were in the military.  He used to visit their offices and admire the decorations and awards.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Joe is wearing a new grey sweater today. Mika is wearing a turquoise jacket over a white top.

I am surprised that Joe didn't tell the story of how he went for a meeting at the National Guard recruiting office in Alabama when he was in college.

The recruiters were very excited about Joe's interest in joining the National Guard but they couldn't accomodate Joe's busy academic schedule.

They did thank Joe for his interest the National Guard.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1