Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Hell, social media hadn't been invented back then. [snip] The affair was in 1998 and Facebook wasn't invented until 2004 and there it was limited access until 2006.

Monica was only 22 at the time but please don't assign her sainthood status because she was a victim of cyber-bullying. Media bullying, yes.

There was a very very busy, socially interactive internet before Facebook came along to make billions off it in 2004 and in 1998 Monica was indeed the subject of intense bullying and the most awful, crude, insulting, degrading slander against her on the internet and yes, in the media too. It was disgraceful how the right wing pursued her just to get at their nemesis Bill Clinton. Especially when many of those sanctimonious Republicans were having adulterous affairs of their own! Monica made, and has admitted to making, mistakes but the treatment she received was outrageous and completely totally out of proportion to her misdeeds.

• Love 3

...never mind the bullying tactics that were used against Lewinsky by the prosecutors.  I just can't develop a real keen opinion about Lewinsky one way or another; I do abhor the new round of slut shaming whatever her real intentions are with becoming public again.  It's the height of irony that the minute she created her Twitter account, the slut shaming and bullying began anew.

I'm curious as well about the notion that the internet didn't start until social media began, since originally didn't social media refer to itself as the internet v.2.0 of some such?  Yikes... I'm getting old, remember Compuserv?  And Usenet?   Anybody? :P

• Love 1

The top story today was the death of Ben Bradlee. He was the editor who authorized the investigation of Nixon.

Joe got upset with Chris Christie for saying that he is tired of hearing about the minimum wage.

Joe supports increasing the minimum wage but acknowledged voting against increases when he was in Congress.

Joe is no longer a big cheerleader for chris Christie.

Cackles was on the show & talked about the inequality of opportunity.

Chuck Todd was the moderator of a senate debate in NH. He went after scott brown for running in NH etc since he used to live in Massachusetts.

Debbie Wasserman Shultz said the democrats may pick up seats in Congress.

Mika said her daughter remembers Obama for providing healthcare & saving the auto industry.

I really enjoyed Cackles trying to explain what Christie meant. Joe wasn't having it. Mika didn't know who to suck up too but seemed to lean towards Cackles. Howard Dean just cracked up and said it sounded like something he would have said during his run for President. I really enjoy Howard's demeanor and he doesn't mind making fun of himself.

*Sigh* they played a tape of Bristol Palin explaining to a police officer on the scene how the infamous brawl started. She was clearly excited (more likely drunk) and using the "F" bomb repeatedly in a masterful alliteration. Mika's response was that it sounded like Bristol was being attacked...you know because drunk people always tell the absolute truth. Cackles raised her eyebrow and said sure (not a ringing endorsement). I wonder why this is still news?

I turned it off early but thankfully I didn't hear anything more about Ebola and gross government incompetence while I was watching. I wonder when Dr. Nancy will be making her redemption tour for the inevitable Matt Lauer exclusive interview? Gosh that woman sets my teeth on edge. I still hope NBC will fire her.

Edited to add: Oh, Oakville I'm so sorry to hear about the shootings in Ottawa. I hope the authorities figure out who or what group is doing this. Very scary indeed.

Edited by stafford
  • Love 4

Edited to add: Oh, Oakville I'm so sorry to hear about the shootings in Ottawa. I hope the authorities figure out who or what group is doing this. Very scary indeed

Thanks Stafford. Yes, the deceased suspect was identified. He was on a "watch list" & his passport was seized recently because he apparently wanted to go fight for ISIS . This is the second deadly attack in 3 days. A soldier was run over & killed two days ago by another person on the watch list. 

• Love 2

From the AP:

"NBC announced that its medical correspondent, Nancy Snyderman, has ended her 21-day quarantine period Wednesday and is healthy. The voluntary quarantine for Snyderman and her colleagues who reported from Liberia with Mukpo was made mandatory by health authorities when some of them were spotted getting takeout food. NBC News President Deborah Turness said Snyderman has been encouraged to take time off and won't return to work until next month. Some critics have called for her firing given the quarantine lapse. Turness did not say whether Snyderman would return to covering Ebola."

I'm hoping that "encouraged to take time off" means find a new job or NBC needs time to find a new Medical Correspondent. I mean she just had 21 days off.

• Love 2

Thank you Nextiteration for the clip. I'm not sure why he's making the rounds of the MSNBC shows. According to Wikipedia

Eric R. Braverman (born 1957, New York City) is a physician, researcher, author, and the medical director of PATH (Place for Achieving Total Health) Medical as well as coordinator of clinical research for PATH Foundation NY, both in New York City. Braverman has published journal articles and popular books on the topics of neurology, psychiatry, internal medicine, bariatrics, and preventative medicine.

So why is he commenting on Ebola and infectious disease and viruses?

One of his celebrity patients is Suzanne Sommers (nuff said?). I found an article that said he (the photo sure looked like him) was arrested in January of this year for trying to steal court documents in a nasty custody hearing. He was caught in the act. I'm not sure if charges were dropped.

He was a total douchebag on MJ talking about how the doctor could have sneezed into his hand and then held on to the pole on the subway. He said this virus is constantly evolving and who's to know when it turns into an airborne virus? Fear mongering at its worst I think. He is a radio and sometimes TV commentator. I thought MJ cut him off rather quickly but still the damage might already been done. Sheesh.

• Love 2

I see it as a twofold win for Mika and Joe.  Mika "has questions" about current protocol, the whole show she was "wondering" whether these returning heroes shouldn't be forced into a quarantine.  This serves Joe because it stokes fear, once again, days away from an election and tries to force the question whether the Obama administration is handling Ebola properly.  It was strange because in the "repeat" 30 minutes at the top of the third hour?  Governor Cuomo appeared unexpectedly after which the announced appearance of Rep. Peter King (who was booked to discuss the Canadian Parliament shooting) occurred, and of course King called for stricter guidelines, quarantines and travel bans.

I think the Braverman appearance prompted Cuomo to insist on having time, but I doubt we'll learn the truth.

Clearly, this Dr is not in any way qualified to be commenting on the subject of Ebola from the get.

Here's the Cuomo Clip, look at Mika's sour puss.

Edited by NextIteration

Even Joe thought Chris Christie went overboard by putting the nurse in an isolation tent. The pictures of the tent and her living conditions were pretty bad including a porta potty. I just read where they are releasing her and are sending her to Maine but officials were careful to say she would not be using any public transportation. Christie doubled down and kept repeating she was "obviously ill" when she landed (based on a forehead thermometer which are notoriously unreliable) but now is not showing any symptoms. I read her op ed piece and she was treated horribly at the airport and no one would tell her why she was being held.

While Joe saw how ridiculous Christie acted he sure uses every opportunity to dis the government mishandling the situation (read the Obama administration) and that health officials have bungled the "outbreak". He kevetched about the doctor being allowed to go bowling and "sweat" in rented shoes. He finally confirmed that the doctors initial temperature was 100.3 and not 103 as they reported last Friday. They had a terrific woman on from public health that said the doctor that was on MJ on Friday that said if this doctor had sneezed or coughed into his hand and then held on to the subway pole then he exposed people that used the same pole to Ebola, was 100 percent wrong. (Thank god someone refuted that idiot).

Everyone seemed pleased that NY had seen fit to implement a middle ground between imprisoning "hero health workers" and letting them be quarantined at home (with police standing guard outside and paying their salary as they impose mandatory quarantines). Steve Ratner ponted out that the U.S. has hundreds (soon to be over a thousand) of troops serving in these countries and how were they to be quarantined when they arrived back in the USA? NOTE: I just read that 11 soldiers, including the commander of the troops that turned over his command this past weekend, coming back from West Africa were being quarantined in Italy. I'm sure the Italians are grateful...Not.

So Joe and the rest say these health workers are heroes but decry this doctor "galavanting" all over NYC when he was symptom free. Make up your minds folks--either believe the science of how this virus spreads or just go all Fox News hysterical. Pick a side. I did however enjoy Joe and the rest sticking it to Christie. Even Mika seemed to think the conditions arranged for the nurse in NJ were draconian.

Now it looks as if this poor little five year old from West Africa may have Ebola...let the hysteria begin again and let's blame the Democrats or as Joe called them repeatedly "stupid liberals" that see this as a human rights issue instead of a public health crisis. It just galls me that Joe is using every opportunity to swing the mid-terms to the Republicans by blaming this virus on Obama. Really?

Speaking of the mid-terms there was another batch of polls that show the Republicans gaining ground. Steve Ratner said forget the polls and use Vegas odds makers who have been right 99.8 percent of the time over the last three election cycles. He said the Vegas odds show the Republicans are going to gain control over both houses (but Mitch McConnell may not win re-election--which I think he may pull it out in the end). Sobering news. Let's see how long the 60 percent majority rule in the House stays in place and how many times they try to repeal Obama Care...

• Love 2

The whole thing has gotten ridiculous.  Will the whole team that treats Dr. Spencer be quarantined too?

And Joe suggested that the heroic health workers' employers should fit the bill and provide salary for them during their quarantine periods, what?  Seriously?  At the rate this is going, desperately needed help will just say no thank you.  What in the hell are people thinking?  Until this epidemic is brought under control in West Africa, this will go on for a very long time.

If Joe squawks one more time about "we just don't know how it's transmitted" it should be a drinking game, perhaps watch the show after work instead of before. heh

I'm praying for the baby awaiting Ebola test results, not that it would be a picnic, but hopefully it's malaria if it's not just a little gastro-virus.

eta

Even Mika seemed to think the conditions arranged for the nurse in NJ were draconian.

but she's the ninny that was begging for it on Friday.  sigh.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 1

Nextlieration, wow, I hadn't even thought of the medical teams taking care of the Doctor. Under the new quarantine rules will they be allowed to ride the subway or even go home? When would their quarantine begin? Look, I understand this is a horrible oftentimes deadly virus and yes we do need procures and protocols to monitor those who have been exposed but even Mr. Duncan's (patient zero) family did not contract the virus and according to reports he shared a bed with a family member and he was with them for three days after his fever started.

I agree to your drinking game that whenever Joe says "Even Dr. Kent Brantly doesn't know how he contracted it" we all take a shot. I just think that statement is so irresponsible when the science tells us how you contract it. Pick a side Joe.

• Love 2

Nextlieration, wow, I hadn't even thought of the medical teams taking care of the Doctor. Under the new quarantine rules will they be allowed to ride the subway or even go home? When would their quarantine begin? Look, I understand this is a horrible oftentimes deadly virus and yes we do need procures and protocols to monitor those who have been exposed but even Mr. Duncan's (patient zero) family did not contract the virus and according to reports he shared a bed with a family member and he was with them for three days after his fever started.

I agree to your drinking game that whenever Joe says "Even Dr. Kent Brantly doesn't know how he contracted it" we all take a shot. I just think that statement is so irresponsible when the science tells us how you contract it. Pick a side Joe.

The stupidity around all of this Ebolysteria is infuriating to me. Kent Brantly doesn't know how he contracted it? Well, the guy was mucking around for god knows how long in virus-infested blood, vomit, and feces! DUH. There is a world of difference between someone saying he doesn't know how he contracted it under those conditions, when he was in full protective gear but awash in the bodily fluids of patients in the final stages of the disease, versus someone walking down the street who was suddenly felled by Ebola. Bitch, please.

And, yeah, let's take all this quarantine nonsense to its logical conclusion. The nurse imprisoned in New Jersey was asymptomatic. But by the logic by which she is being held, what about the individuals monitoring her? Should we just impose an ever-widening net of isolation around anyone who came near her, then the people who came near those people, and then the people after that...? When does it end?

GAH. Teh stupid. It burns.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 4

In learned so many things on this show today. Like, Wall Street types and tech moguls stick their noses in education because they care about children. All this time I was thinking it was to crush teacher unions (a cornerstone of organized labor in general) and to make money off for-profit charter schools. Silly me!

• Love 5

I seriously almost threw up today. They had on a college president who had worked himself up from poverty to be a Rhodes Scholar and a successful businessman. He has taken a pay cut so that the salaries of the lowest-paid employees. Inspiring.

Barnicle asks: you were a former GE employee, how much were you inspired to pay it forward by Jack Welch?

Okay, a refresher: Jack Welch has never "paid it forward."  His nickname at GE was "Neutron Jack" because his corporate growth policy while at GE consisted of acquiring other companies, taking their inventory and equipment, and firing the employees. He currently runs a for-profit "Jack Welch University" online diploma mill. And while I'm being judgmental, he's currently married to a woman that he took up with while married to his previous wife. 

But none of that matters. He's Barnicle's neighbor on Nantucket so he must be a great guy. [And more insultingly, this (African-American) man, Rhodes Scholar or not, MUST have learned this from a white man.]

To his credit, the university president responded that he had learned a lot at GE (not mentioning Welch), but it was his parents who instilled his values.

In many ways, this show is more dangerous than Fox and Friends. Over there, the Bible-thumping gun nuts let their freak flags fly, so it's easy to roll our eyes and dismiss them out of hand.  But this show, to a casual viewer, has the patina of respectability and reasonability. But they're advancing the 1-percent agenda just as much. Jack Welch is a great guy. Mark Zuckerberg and Peter Thiel know what's best for our schools. Sheryl Sandberg is a genius for insisting that it's women's laziness and not  built-in prejudices that keep women back.  Just because these folks eat with utensils and dress nicely, doesn't mean they're any less dangerous than the Fox crowd.

• Love 12

Thank you Mumbles for describing this show so perfectly. I had to turn it off early because I was afraid I'd have an aneurism but you put into words what has been gnawing at me about this show for a long time.

• Love 2

I continue to be amazed that anyone listens to a single word out of Barnicle's mouth.

--------------------

Didn't see this Mika/Joe Josh Earnest interview when it happened:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/behold-the-look-of-disgust-on-mika-brzezinskis-face-while-interviewing-josh-earnest/

My question:  who made Mika judge and jury WRT anyone's job performance?  How does she know the woman hadn't been doing a bang-up job cleaning things up at the SS after a couple of scandals?  What if the latest issue was an isolated incident?

Moreover, WTH did she expect Earnest to say?  "Nah, we don't take POTUS' safety seriously, in spite of the constant / numerous threats against his life?"

Mika, try worrying about your own job performance, for a change!

Edited by BearCat49

I wish there was some decent show on that isn't just local news or CNN drivel from 6 to 7 as that's when I'm getting ready for work.  I really just need to flip off the TV, listen to NPR and not lose brain cells/scream at the TV on a daily basis.  

Lord Chris Christie blew his top at an event today commerating the second Anniversary of Sandy. No surprise that he was vulgar and nasty to the protester. I'm betting that Joe (feeling emboldened by rising republican poll numbers) will land on Christie's side and tell the protestor to go back to his parents basement. I really hope I'm wrong because even the fluff news show Inside Edition reacted poorly to Christie's mean spirited rant. A couple of days ago when Joe was against Christie's isolation of the nurse Mika mumbled under her breath that she wished he'd come on the show and Joe said forget it, that ship has sailed and he "ain't" coming back.

I'm not sure the now Maine resident nurse (Kaci) is doing herself any favors by saying she is going to break her 21 day mandatory house arrest er...ah, quarantine. I think she is absolutely correct that politicians have gone too far but she is going to or has lost public support--by a shockingly high percent. I keep going back to what one of you said (sorry my memory fails me) but are the medical personnel treating the doctor at Bellevue Hospital allowed to go home after their shift? Wouldn't they fall under the same mandatory quarantine because they've been exposed to the virus or is it the Africa part that scares the bejesus out of them?

I really don't understand the disconnect between what President Obama is saying about quarantining medical personnel as a deterrent and quarantining the returning troops outside the U.S. The good, really great and promising news is that the number of Ebola cases dropped in one West African country this past month.

• Love 1
are the medical personnel treating the doctor at Bellevue Hospital allowed to go home after their shift? Wouldn't they fall under the same mandatory quarantine because they've been exposed to the virus?

My question exactly.

I'm betting that Joe  will land on Christie's side and tell the protestor to go back to his parents basement.

The protestor, Jim Keady, was on Chris Hayes tonight and he is anything but a parents basement type of guy. He's held political office in NJ himself and has been active in community affairs for years. Nice looking guy and very articulate. Christie, being his usual asshole self, had no idea what he was bellowing about, especially the bit about telling Keady to roll up his sleeves and help. Keady has done far far more to help people affected by the storm than fat-ass Christie hamming it up in front of tv cameras. He took a month off work to help homeowners clean up and find alternative places to live and has founded and been active in organizations dedicated to helping victims of Sandy for the past two years. He's furious that NJ got $1.2 billion in aid and has only spent 20% of it helping the citizens who lost their homes and still has hundreds of millions of dollars sitting in a bank account while thousands of people can't get their homes fixed. I hope Keady is pushy and gets himself on a bunch more tv shows so that people can see what a solid citizen he is and what a cretin Christie is.

• Love 7

Wouldn't they fall under the same mandatory quarantine because they've been exposed to the virus or is it the Africa part that scares the bejesus out of them?

Ding ding ding ding ding!  Also the reason nobody rushed to find a cure or vaccine for Ebola - it's just the brown folk over in Africa, what, me worry?  But now they are going to possibly infect us.  The whole racist elitist tinge to this hysteria is stomach turning and heartbreaking.

The protestor, Jim Keady, was on Chris Hayes tonight and he is anything but a parents basement type of guy. He's held political office in NJ himself and has been active in community affairs for years. Nice looking guy and very articulate. Christie, being his usual asshole self, had no idea what he was bellowing about, especially the bit about telling Keady to roll up his sleeves and help. Keady has done far far more to help people affected by the storm than fat-ass Christie hamming it up in front of tv cameras. He took a month off work to help homeowners clean up and find alternative places to live and has founded and been active in organizations dedicated to helping victims of Sandy for the past two years. He's furious that NJ got $1.2 billion in aid and has only spent 20% of it helping the citizens who lost their homes and still has hundreds of millions of dollars sitting in a bank account while thousands of people can't get their homes fixed. I hope Keady is pushy and gets himself on a bunch more tv shows so that people can see what a solid citizen he is and what a cretin Christie is.

Can we make a bet now that Joe and Mika will fail on this front this morning?  Either that, or they'll try to take credit for it, like they often do with stories that Chris and Rachel do the previous evening even though they would never allow either of them to appear on the show, it's aggravating to see, and it always reminds of Joe's temper tantrum with Rachel on the old David Gregory Race for the White House Show.  This is pretty much the reason that Joe is no where near any election night coverage, he can't play nice with those more intelligent, and Rachel is excellent at it.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

shok, thank you so much for the information on Jim Keady. After reading what you wrote I've changed my mind...Joe would be crazy to land on Christie's side (although crazy does coarse right through him). *Sigh* you'd think that networks, desperate to fill 24 hours of air time, would report on Mr. Keady's background but, as we know, very little digging is done by the press/pundits with the exception of people like Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes and Steve Kornacki. Christie seems to be digging a bigger hole for himself but he's been probably getting so much positive feedback on his smackdown/imprisonment of Kaci Hickox that he thinks by continuing to show how "tough" he is that his poll numbers will skyrocket. Honestly, he was scary mean in his response to Mr. Keady.

Edited to add that I read that David Gregory is going to work for Yahoo News for the mid-terms but is keeping his options open after that.

Edited by stafford

Joe and the panelists all agreed that Christie over-reached in his response to the "heckler". Although I take issue with them calling him a "heckler". He is a citizen that held up a sign and I'm not sure he heckled but Joe remarked how else are you going to get in front of the Govenor? Willie kept saying he thought the guy had legitimate concerns about the program to get people back in their homes. Joe said he thought Christie's anger doesn't go over in Iowa where Iowa Nice exists. He said he thought Christie might need some anger management therapy (hello kettle, I'd like you to meet the pot). Joe thought Christie had been emboldened by the favorable public response to his rants about the mandatory quarantine of the nurse.

• Love 4

Willie never referred to him as a heckler, though Mika and Joe consistently did, except when Joe called him "the guy" stating that he was interviewed "all over television" last night.  So, if they were aware that he was interviewed, why not use Mr. Keady's name?   I don't know where all else he may have been interviewed last night - but all Mika and Joe reported was that he was a previous city council member, and former pro-athlete.  I don't remember the pro-athlete thing coming up in the Hayes interview last night?  Of course, not a single damn word about how much work Keady has done to help his area recover, nor his organization.

FAIL.

Adding that as much as Joe insists that the 80% in the latest polls that agree with quarantining, I highly doubt it's because of lack of leadership from the White House and sincerely believe that it's to do with the near constant fear-mongering and exploitation of the situation by the media and Republicans/Conservatives.  And IIRC correctly - Obama addressed the "inconsistency" in the approach between the military who volunteered to be under what ever orders they are given and private citizens that volunteer and sacrifice to go West Africa to try to ameliorate the epidemic.  le sigh

• Love 1

Yes, it must have taken a lot for Mika and Joe to cluck disapprovedly about their BFF Christie.  Surprised they didn't try to excuse it by saying he might still be smarting from his dust-up with Nurse Hickox.

And speaking of which, Joe went on another stream-of-conciessness (sic) about Ebola quarantines.  Again with 'New York being the  most populous place in the country' and then something about 'would have been okay if it had happened in Kansas or Iowa....'

Yes, Joe, cause everyone knows that those two states are just vast empty prairies with no large cities to speak of.

Dear God! 

Ebola is a PERFECT topic pre-midterms for the right wing.  It's ideal.

Anything the CDC does can be refuted with vein-popping bluster.  Sense or science or truth have no place in the face of political expediency via paranoia...

- Quarantines are necessary on an as-necessary basis with science leading the way -- Perfect!  Obama (why Obama is responsible, is an unecessary detail) hates you, America.  He doesn't care if you get sick.  He wants you to get sick because something something Muslims and borders something something National Guard something something civil liberties something something martial law.

- Quarantines are mandatory, better to be safe than sorry -- Perfect!  Obama hates you, America.  He doesn't want you to have freedom.  He is responsible for the outbreak because something something Muslims and borders something something National Guard something something civil liberties something something martial law.

• Love 7

Donnie Deutsche is having some legal problems.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2014/10/30/judge-rules-donny-deutsch-scammed-broker-out-real-estate-commission

Mika & Joe are upset that Christie won't come on Morning Joe since "bridge gate". Joe retaliates by blasting Christie for shouting at the heckler. In 2011, Mika practically begged Christie to run for the GOP nomination.

Mika & Joe are now friendly with Mitt Romney & gave him an interview on Wednesday.

If I were Romney, I would run away from Mika & Joe. Joe has a terrible track record of touting Governor's.

I think it started with Mika & Joe on the beach with Charlie Crist in 2010 after the oil spill. Cristie was a Republican  Governor & ran for Senate & his campaign imploded.

Joe was friends with Mark Sanford (SC)  & McDonnell (VA). Joe touted them both as potential presidential or VP Nominees. Their careers ended.

Joe was BFF with Gov Scott Walker & now he may lose the election. 

Next , Joe became friendly with former Gov Jon Huntsman from Utah. He got 1% of the vote in 2012 & his campaign derailed.

If I was running for office as a GOP candidate, I would stay away from Joe.

Has Reince Pribus  considered putting Joe under a quarantine from getting close to  any GOP Governor's ?

Joe is hazardous to their political careers.

• Love 5

Gotta say Oakville, I want all republican governors to cozy up to Joe if he has such an affect on their careers

Joe is a secret weapon for the democrat.

It's sad that Mika &Joe are now colour coordinating their pants. I think McDreamy should do an intervention with them. He is always very well dressed.

I do like the fact that Joe acknowledged he was wrong about Romney rising in 2012. His gut instinct was wrong then.

Kasie Hunt is doing a great job with her road show.

It also describes Joe's blabbering.

Blabbering. Blathering. Bellowing. Bawling. Bloviating. Whatever you want to call it, I simply cannot stand it. Every once in awhile I think I'll give the show a try again but as soon as I hear his voice I cringe and have to turn it off.

• Love 6

Blabbering. Blathering. Bellowing. Bawling. Bloviating. Whatever you want to call it, I simply cannot stand it. Every once in awhile I think I'll give the show a try again but as soon as I hear his voice I cringe and have to turn it off.

I am glad I am not the only one that can't stand his voice.

• Love 1

The new set has Joe all the way screen-left with Mika to his left, so he is well removed from co-workers/guests. When he began to foam at the mouth during a discussion Mika prompted him with a firm yet soothing "NIICE," sounding just like what you do when your dog is growling at the meter reader.

It's sweater Monday on Morning Joe. Mika was in a bad mood because the polls were showing the GOP's lead in key senate races increasing. Harold Ford gave 3 points why Republicans are doing better with Latinos & Millienials. Halperin said something but I tuned him out.

Joe said he wasn't a DC Republican. Donnie said Obama should be doing better given the economy & low gas prices.

Joe said the Independent Senator from Kansas will caucus with the democrats

The show is running ads here to say how much more popular Morning  Joe is than CNN. That's bizarre. Why run an ad on Morning Joe for Morning Joe? They are showing clips from 2010. Mika had blond hair . The show promises comprehensive election analysis!

• Love 1

The show is running ads here to say how much more popular Morning Joe is than CNN. That's bizarre. Why run an ad on Morning Joe for Morning Joe? 

I saw the ad here and wondered the same thing. ???

• Love 1

The only news shows I see on TV in airports, car repair waiting rooms, hospital labs etc is Fox News...which might as well be MJ lately. I dread tomorrow and Wednesday's show. I guess it's time for Netflix.

• Love 2