Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Well, I absolutely agree that Kasie Hunt is the best of the best. Her knowledge of the workings on Capitol Hill is always quick and up to date. I think she deserves much more respect than is given by Meeks, who seems to be uncomfortable when Kasie is reporting a story. Meeks is more of a "celebrity" now, rather than a seasoned reporter like Kasie....IMHO. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I think he got into sportscasting but I could be wrong. 

He is a sometime co-host of the Tony Kornheiser podcast.  We, on the TK message board, often mock him for being born on third base and thinking he hit a triple.  When he's not on the show, he's traveling the world so he can regale us with his stories when he's on.  Oh joy...  

His mom is Maureen Orth.  She writes/wrote for...something. 

And hi everyone.  I lurk here all the time, but don't post since I actually never watch the show (only catch a glimpse sometimes when Mr. ebk is watching), I don't feel qualified to post.  But thanks for the amusement!! 

• Love 7

I slept late this morning and turned on my TV just in time to catch Joe ranting AGAIN about Bill Clinton while simultaneously lamenting the defeat of Mark Sanford.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t BOTH men commit adultery while in office? 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I slept late this morning and turned on my TV just in time to catch Joe ranting AGAIN about Bill Clinton while simultaneously lamenting the defeat of Mark Sanford.

I was just going to mention this. It really boggles the mind that Joe and Mika go on and on about how the Trump people are completely off the reservation and are taking our country in a bad place that it's never been before and then they turn around and bring up Clinton, making the argument that they are some how equivalent. The reactions to them by their supporters are equivalent. So, Joe and Mika, either Trump is just like any other president and is not the most horrific man who ever took office or he's equivalent to a guy who got a blowjob in office, but otherwise was pretty normal in terms of his policies and respect for the other institutions of government. You can't have it both ways.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, cecelia45 said:

Well, I absolutely agree that Kasie Hunt is the best of the best. Her knowledge of the workings on Capitol Hill is always quick and up to date. I think she deserves much more respect than is given by Meeks, who seems to be uncomfortable when Kasie is reporting a story. Meeks is more of a "celebrity" now, rather than a seasoned reporter like Kasie....IMHO. 

Mika used to be a reporter & straight news anchor before she joined Morning Joe.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

I was just going to mention this. It really boggles the mind that Joe and Mika go on and on about how the Trump people are completely off the reservation and are taking our country in a bad place that it's never been before and then they turn around and bring up Clinton, making the argument that they are some how equivalent. The reactions to them by their supporters are equivalent. So, Joe and Mika, either Trump is just like any other president and is not the most horrific man who ever took office or he's equivalent to a guy who got a blowjob in office, but otherwise was pretty normal in terms of his policies and respect for the other institutions of government. You can't have it both ways.

Very True

Bobby Kennedy's daughter recently released a book about her father and interviewed Joe Scarborough for it. Did I hear that right? That certainly explains his heightened interest in Kennedy these days. 

Oh. I love how Joe is lecturing his daughter about her father from the bunker.

• Love 1
(edited)

Holy Cow, I just now realized that this Mark Sanford is the dude who was governor(?) and just took off w/o notice to chase a piece of tail in Argentina while saying he was on the Appalachian Trail?  And he resigned, then ran again later? And this is The Great Fallen Hero?  Good riddance, I say!! He also had some financial violations--so why is the press saying he lost because he said BOO to trump?

This AM Joe pompously said something I wished I would have written down.  He was alluding to the 1000% true fact that the Republicans are going to all fall down and go boom this November.  From Joe's mouth to God's ears...

Oh. I love how Joe is lecturing his daughter about her father from the bunker.

Maybe Joe has to be in a bunker all the time because NBC won't buy him a bulletproof desk and a 40 man security detail like Pruitt has/needs.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

I'm not a fan of Mika, but that display of utter disrespect and condescension by Joe (her future husband?) was rude and  totally unnecessary. Willie also got in on the laughing as she was trying to make a point about trump. Is this all for ratings, or this how Joe treats women in general??? Love to be a fly on the wall when those two are finally in the same room! She must be crazy to plan a life with such a jerk.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, cecelia45 said:

I'm not a fan of Mika, but that display of utter disrespect and condescension by Joe (her future husband?) was rude and  totally unnecessary. Willie also got in on the laughing as she was trying to make a point about trump. Is this all for ratings, or this how Joe treats women in general??? Love to be a fly on the wall when those two are finally in the same room! She must be crazy to plan a life with such a jerk.

I'm stuck on that too. It happens way too often. 

Why did Mika leave early? She was at the final segment with the Kennedy daughter (and was noticeably annoyed) but wasn't around three minutes later at the end to throw to Stephanie Ruhle (and it was a mess. Of course they didn't get to her on time). Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Mika left because she's tired of her beloved fiancé treating her poorly in front of a national audience. 

(edited)

My take on Luke Russert is the same on Ronan Farrow.  They were both thrust in front of the camera without enough support and experience beforehand.  I think both did just fine given the parameters they were working within and I am so glad to see Ronan spread his wings so spectacularly and fly after leaving MSNBC.  I very much wish the same for Luke as goodness knows he has huge shoes to fill losing his father at that particular age as I think many hoped for Tim Russert II and Luke was clearly just too young at the time.  The expectations had to be staggering.

Edited by Chloesmom
8 minutes ago, cecelia45 said:

My cable/internet was out this morning so I missed whatever happened but these two deserve each other.  Both of them have enough money to live a good life if they decided to part ways and to be honest no one would care.  They have done damage to both of their respective families in the course of chasing each other around (including on air) so if the two of them hiss at each other on camera so be it.  He is a flaming bore from the jump and she will never know her value as she really doesn't want to,  she just wants to point out other's faults and ignore her own.

• Love 4

I think Mika cried, or nearly cried, this morning when she read the bit on Trump claiming that he was contacted by parents of soldiers whose bodies had been left behind in North Korea from the Korean War.  Which means the POTUS is now so free and easy with lying to Americans he's not even trying to fake it... knowing that 40% of us are too fucking stupid to think for themselves... and, in fact, don't even care that he lies.  I don't blame her for being emotional about it.  If that's what caused her to choke up.

• Love 5
(edited)

Joe is an ass. This video is only part of it. He went on to call her Kate McKinnon and say she's a caricature.

ETA: Mika's face and voice when he says "Mika, Mika, Mika" and she says "oh don't" could freeze the Sahara. 

Another edit: Joe's so willing to shut down Mika. Can we get some of that over Great Grandfather Barnicle's way? No? Only women you feel ownership over?  

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, XOQueens said:

pretty alone in this here, lol, but I went all the way off the ⚡️Kasie⚡️bandwagon once she started to sound like a Paul Ryan apologist. 

Nope, I'm standing right there next to you. I am so over Kasie.   When she started with her "Paul is a young man who wants to spend time with his family" when he announced his resignation, I about barfed.  Paul realizes Randy Bryce was kicking his ass, and he probably wants to run for governor or Senate, so he's going to take a few years off in the hopes that everyone forgets what an asshole he is.  

Joe & Mika are not reporters or journalists, their show is opinion based so whatever bs they spout, we take with a grain of "yeah that's where they are on this". But Kasie is supposed to be a reporter. Period. Her personal politics are starting to show up way too much. 

She is retweeting Jacob Soboroff's story this morning on the Wal Mart Kiddie Prison, so maybe her heart hasn't completely turned to stone yet.  Or she's just doing her job by promoting an MSNBC story. 

She must be crazy to plan a life with such a jerk.

In my best Ari Melber inpersonation of him quoting Kanye " now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger, but she ain't messin' with no broke n******s. " 

In other words, it's all about the Benjamins, and the fame.  

I cannot believe they're trotting out that clip of Trump saying Putin was a good guy, and that lots of countries do bad things, ie murder journalists, like "here's the proof that we were always hard on Trump".

FFS Mika is giggling in that clip "so you like that Putin complimented you, heee heee".

Let's play the countless clips of you two kissing his ass and joking with him and thinking the mike was off when you tell him you won't ask tough questions.  AFTER HE SAID HE THOUGHT PUTIN WAS GREAT. 

AARRGGHHH. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

I think Mika cried, or nearly cried, this morning when she read the bit on Trump claiming that he was contacted by parents of soldiers whose bodies had been left behind in North Korea from the Korean War.  Which means the POTUS is now so free and easy with lying to Americans he's not even trying to fake it... knowing that 40% of us are too fucking stupid to think for themselves... and, in fact, don't even care that he lies.  I don't blame her for being emotional about it.  If that's what caused her to choke up.

I'm sure it had more to do with her finding out she didn't sell out her most recent KYV rally, or Joe making fun of her  rather than thinking "omg Trump just blatantly lies and no one calls him on it, like me & Joe."

No one caught that when he said it Tuesday? I guess maybe because I'm old and my father was in the AF Reserve after WWII,  and was almost called up to go to Korea in 1951, I realized there is about a .000001% chance any Korean War veterans' parents are still alive. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I'm sure it had more to do with her finding out she didn't sell out her most recent KYV rally, or Joe making fun of her  rather than thinking "omg Trump just blatantly lies and no one calls him on it, like me & Joe."

No one caught that when he said it Tuesday? I guess maybe because I'm old and my father was in the AF Reserve after WWII,  and was almost called up to go to Korea in 1951, I realized there is about a .000001% chance any Korean War veterans' parents are still alive. 

^^^^ THIS

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

FFS Mika is giggling in that clip "so you like that Putin complimented you, heee heee".

My GOD that was awkward.  I had never re-heard that clip.  Do they have ANY sense of themselves?  They weren't being hard on Trump, she was giggling.  She was just happy to be talking to a very famous person.  The clip is ridiculous.  The takeaway from the clip is what Trump says, not their participation.  MSNBC should edit her out of it and burn the master copy.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Joe is an ass. This video is only part of it. He went on to call her Kate McKinnon and say she's a caricature.

ETA: Mika's face and voice when he says "Mika, Mika, Mika" and she says "oh don't" could freeze the Sahara. 

Another edit: Joe's so willing to shut down Mika. Can we get some of that over Great Grandfather Barnicle's way? No? Only women you feel ownership over?  

Both can be true. He's ignorant and he's a liar. 

I do not get why Joe was so concerned over what she was saying.  Unless he just doesn't like her acting like she's running the show. 

You made your bed, Mika. Enjoy it. 

• Love 2

Good Grief! Are trumps supporters that mathematically/historically uneducated that they actually believed that crap about Korean veterans parents approaching him to find their loved ones remains??? The "dumbing down" of America is scary. What's next from the LOTUS (Liar Of The US)....WW1 or WW2  parents approaching him? And his followers would no doubt believe it to be true. I see a bleak future for my kids and grandkids. MATA.....Make America Trumpless Again!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Edited 3 hours ago by XOQueens.

Can we discuss her outfit?
I guess we're grilling at a pool party on the Cape?
She doesn't have to be a Fox News bimbo in a bodycon cocktail dress with Instagrammable hair extensions, but c'mon Mika. 

• Love 5

I'll start us off this morning. I don't think Mika's under eye makeup has ever looked worse. It's so thick that it cracked and the cracks crinkle when her facial expressions move that area. And the contouring! That is either pissed off makeup or hangover makeup. Senator Blumenthal looks better. He is also a color found in nature.

3 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Another day, another host not bothering to show up for his show?

He was there earlier. He went off the rails (immigrant children) so maybe they're icing him down somewhere.

• Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, suomi said:

He was there earlier. He went off the rails (immigrant children) so maybe they're icing him down somewhere.

Lol. I turned on during Blumenthal and he was gone. I walked back in during the Trump-Putin segment to the horror of hearing his voice. 

Did anyone put their head in their hands and call him an SNL character for his rant? No? Is that reserved for the womenfolk’s reactions?

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3

Third hour, same as the first. Joe is ranting about Comey, he's livid, he's nearly foaming. He's badgering Heilemann, Willie's eyes are darting, Mika is shifting in her seat. I hope they show the segment where Donny doesn't know how much a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk costs. " A quart? I've bought quarts." I forget why Joe was demanding that Donny spit out prices.

Joe is wearing his glasses. I think they're keeping his eyes in his head.

OK, glasses off now and it has become obvious that his bloated eyelids are up to the job after all.

• Love 8
(edited)

Bible verses and a closeup shot of Donny's ankles!  "It's one helluva day at sea, Sir!!"

Do you think Satan actually would chose to come back to Earth in the body of a dour overweight woman with a Southern accent? KAC is actually saying, "Hey Sara, dial it back about 7 notches."

Yes, John Meacham, the Evangelists at the end of their day actually DO think that a seat on the Supreme Court was worth this demented shitshow (the last 2 words were not JM's but mine)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 7
(edited)

I think at least part of the third hour is live -- they just showed Trump walking and surrounded by many reporters.  (8:29 AM ET) Very odd.  Then Joe said Trump had tweeted he would do that forty minutes ago.  

Edited by jjj
  • Love 1

Breaking news, live outdoors at the WH, Trump walked from point A to point B surrounded by a scrum shrieking questions at him. Man, he tossed himself out there like chum and they were snapping it up. Ari Melber is at the table.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Apparently the walk and talk was some staged appearance, according to Joe.

Ari Melber is insulting Donnie's "loud" jacket to make a point about appropriate language and protocol-- while saying Giuliani is not appropriate.  Donnie does not seem to appreciate this. Sorry, Ari, I can't hear you while Donnie's jacket is strobing like a disco ball. 

5 minutes ago, suomi said:

Breaking news, live outdoors at the WH, Trump walked from point A to point B surrounded by a scrum shrieking questions at him. Man, he tossed himself out there like chum and they were snapping it up. Ari Melber is at the table.  

Edited by jjj
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Donny needs to #KnowHisValue

Donny needs to wear socks.  I was treated to his naked ankles first thing this morning . . . oh God just nooooooooo.  But I was surprised he had on a higher heel than most men usually wear (not Prince high mind you but it did catch my eye).  I looked it up and he's 5' 10' and all the other guys at the table are 6'4"-6'5".  That's ok Donny, no one notices how much shorter you are today because they are too busy staring at that God awful jacket.

58 minutes ago, suomi said:

Third hour, same as the first. Joe is ranting about Comey, he's livid, he's nearly foaming. He's badgering Heilemann, Willie's eyes are darting, Mika is shifting in her seat. I hope they show the segment where Donny doesn't know how much a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk costs. " A quart? I've bought quarts." I forget why Joe was demanding that Donny spit out prices.

Joe is wearing his glasses. I think they're keeping his eyes in his head.

OK, glasses off now and it has become obvious that his bloated eyelids are up to the job after all.

Suomi, you are on fire today my friend!

I think Donny was being quizzed because they kept mentioning he's worth 400 million dollars (he's not but Joe's net worth is pocket change next to him).

And I felt sorry for Joe's glasses today.  Between trying to hide that mess going on behind the lenses and Joe banging them on the table to make a point I am surprised they survived the day.

42 minutes ago, suomi said:

Yes and totally unplanned . . . no wonder they came back from their morning nap a few minutes early.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, suomi said:

I don't think Mika's under eye makeup has ever looked worse. It's so thick that it cracked and the cracks crinkle when her facial expressions move that area. And the contouring! That is either pissed off makeup or hangover makeup.

GAH, this is when I miss having HD . . . :(.  This just doesn't show up on my teevee.

• Love 2

Mika & Joe we’re on set today.Mika looked nice with her navy blue top. Joe looks better with glasses. My family doctor advised me to avoid watching cable news. It’s bad for my blood pressure. I might watch the show tonight. I have the 3 books plus DrZ’s biography to keep me busy this summer.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe we’re on set today.Mika looked nice with her navy blue top. Joe looks better with glasses. My family doctor advised me to avoid watching cable news. It’s bad for my blood pressure. I might watch the show tonight. I have the 3 books plus DrZ’s biography to keep me busy this summer.

Oakville, please take care of yourself as high BP is nothing to mess with (but I am not sure your choice of reading material will help either!).

Here is Joe's rant/assault on his eyewear/a stack of innocent documents:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-slams-giuliani-for-using-ig-report-to-undermine-mueller-i-dont-believe-theres-anyone-that-stupid/

• Love 3

Willie is the best during that rant! Head randomly swiveling, eyes darting, grimaces and grins...he needs to be sure to keep a steady level of sedatives in his bloodstream it seems as if he didn’t have quite high enough a dose today. 

And im surprised Heilemann didn’t slap Joe “Pull yourself together man!”

• Love 3
1 hour ago, suomi said:

I hope they show the segment where Donny doesn't know how much a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk costs. " A quart? I've bought quarts." I forget why Joe was demanding that Donny spit out prices.

What was strange to me about this segment was when Heilman (I think it was Heilman: I was still half-asleep) was talking about having been in Donny's apartment. He said everything in Donny's apartment is labeled and that Donny has a Kato-Kaelin-like assistant who does the labeling. Donny then said something like "I feel exposed right now."

It was very odd. I mean, I like organization as much as the next person, but labeling everything?

Or was this all a joke that went right over my head??

• Love 1
1 minute ago, novhappy said:

Willie is the best during that rant! Head randomly swiveling, eyes darting, grimaces and grins...he needs to be sure to keep a steady level of sedatives in his bloodstream it seems as if he didn’t have quite high enough a dose today. 

And im surprised Heilemann didn’t slap Joe “Pull yourself together man!”

Hee!  I didn't realize Willie had that face/reaction until they started those SNL skits and now I realize Day's impersonation is spot on.  Poor Willie.

1 minute ago, Jordan Baker said:

What was strange to me about this segment was when Heilman (I think it was Heilman: I was still half-asleep) was talking about having been in Donny's apartment. He said everything in Donny's apartment is labeled and that Donny has a Kato-Kaelin-like assistant who does the labeling. Donny then said something like "I feel exposed right now."

It was very odd. I mean, I like organization as much as the next person, but labeling everything?

Or was this all a joke that went right over my head??

There's a weird vibe between Heilemann and Donny.  I think at one time maybe they were friends but I saw them get into a very heated argument on Nicolle's show and also one on MJ a couple of weeks ago (both over Cohen).  To be honest I am surprised they have them on at the same time.

• Love 1
(edited)

There's a weird vibe between Heilemann and Donny.

That's nothing compared to the thing going on between Joe and Donny.  If you ever look up PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE in Webster's, there's a video clip of Joe going at Donny over his money, his career, his girlfriends, his money again and most of all, his metrosexual hair, clothes and facial work.  It's soooo obvious.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, oakville said:

My family doctor advised me to avoid watching cable news. It’s bad for my blood pressure.

I know exactly how you feel. I had to make myself stop watching it, I get so riled up. Plus yelling scares the heck out of my poor dog. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Joe on big TV reading captions of his rant while he'd flinging around a 500 pages of paper was absolutely hilarious.

Yes I agree. It's on at the gym so sometimes I'm drawn to it like a moth to a light bulb.

Actually, the IG's report is so depressing, I'm sorry I heard Nicolle read parts of it yesterday.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I think Donny had a thing for Mika at one time, and he likes to F with Joe and that gets Joe's overbearing possessiveness dialed up to 11. Heileman I believe, thinks Donny is a douchebag. 

• Love 1

Thanks for posting the Mediaite link, Chloesmom. That's a nice long clip, it's nearly the entire A block. 

Joe was savoring the taste of the word stupid in his mouth this morning and he enjoyed quite a few servings of it. Can you even imagine what he must be like behind closed doors?.Mika was dehydrated as hell. She kept taking batches of long deep draws on the straw in her coconut water. It seems more and more like these two are unraveling before our eyes.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I think Donny had a thing for Mika at one time, and he likes to F with Joe

I think Donny may have had a thing WITH Mika.  Once a cheater and all that.......

• Love 2