Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Willie announces Mika is at her daughter's graduation.  Joe from the bunker basically breezes right by it with a "Big Stuff" comment.  No graduation invite for bunker boy . . . SAD.

All snarking aside, it is a little weird/sad/[some feeling I can’t express] that her KYV minions, excuse me staff, are there but not Joe. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

All snarking aside, it is a little weird/sad/[some feeling I can’t express] that her KYV minions, excuse me staff, are there but not Joe. 

How do you know that the KYV minions are there?

Maybe Joe and Jim Hoffer don't get along (quite likely) and Joe is staying away not to spoil the day Jim Hoffer.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, cased said:

How do you know that the KYV minions are there?

I follow one of them on Instagram and she's been posting. I forget her @ right now and I am not near my phone to check to share with the class. She did a lot of the PR stuff for it back when I first heard about it and couldn't quite wrap my mind around it all. 

2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

It's almost like a hostage situation now; I keep looking for little signs/twitches from him signalling 'help me'. 

giphy.gif

• Love 5

I'm curious what will become of the bunker once Joe moves out of his Connecticut house. Will the bunker disappear, or will it re-appear somewhere else. On Redfin Joe's house is still listed as pending, so it doesn't look like it has closed yet.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, oakville said:

Barnicle just asked Ratner why Harley Davidson stock buy backs work on behalf of shareholders and not workers. What a dumb quesion.

Everyone is mad at Harley Davidson for cutting jobs in the USA. Ratner admitted that tax reform was necessary. They are building a plant in Thailand to avoid tariffs on steel.

Its a race to the bottom. Every country is cutting taxes to keep the companies.

Joe will be discussing racism in America. Joe is a leader on race relations. This will go well:)

Hey it's Eddie Glaude from the SNL skit.

Jon Meacham is the Soul of America!

Joe is mad at Evangelicals for supporting Trump.

Eddie is mad at Matthew 25 Christians.

Where is Al Sharpton? Joe gets into trouble discussing race issues when Al Sharpton isn't on the show to keep Joe in check.

Joe is mad.

Joe's hair looks ridiculous.

Joe is mad at Clinton because he lacked moral character. Clinton was a moral failure.

Joe is mad at trump for being hateful.

Joe likes the beatitutudes.

It's Sunday School with noted religious scholar, Joe Scarborough".

The evangelicals want conservative judges. Idoltry is not cool.

Harleys made in Thailand! WTH

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, rcc said:

Harleys made in Thailand! WTH

According to Ratner , it’s cheaper to make a Harley Davidson in Thailand than the USA. Production costs are lower in Thailand. There are also new customers in Asia for motorcycles.   Barnicles question is idiotic. Stock buybacks help shareholders. Employees benefit to the extent that they own shares.

Does Barnicle act dumb on purpose? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Is that her ex giving her horns in that first picture?  HEE! 

It has to be because the girl on the other side of Mika has her hand to her mouth like "OMG". 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, teddysmom said:

It has to be because the girl on the other side of Mika has her hand to her mouth like "OMG". 

That girl's reaction is priceless.  Joe's head must be exploding right now.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Her daughters are both in their 20s. At that age I would have been mortified at her Instagram flood alone. If my mother was on a national platform saying I wasn’t cool with her wedding because I was graduating I would crawl and hide under a rock. Lol 

Mika’s older daughter rebelled during the 2016 election by posing in a Trump Make America Great Hat. Mika was opposed to Trump at this point.

• Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

That girl's reaction is priceless.  Joe's head must be exploding right now.

Awww. Bunny! That's really, dare I say, adorable.

Who called potential reconciliation? Was that oakville? Looooool

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 4

Wow, I do believe that is a first.  He should have thrown in there something about being able to see him live and in person as opposed to hiding out in the bunker.  Tomorrow is gonna be lit!

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Wow, I do believe that is a first.  He should have thrown in there something about being able to see him live and in person as opposed to hiding out in the bunker.  Tomorrow is gonna be lit!

He had to let everyone know he’s going down to collect his fiancée from the bunny ears threat. ?

No but seriously. I thought this was weird. I wonder if there’s been bunker blowback. Probably just wishful thinking, that. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Awww. Bunny! That's really, dare I say, adorable.

Who called potential reconciliation? Was that oakville? Looooool

Mika has the hots for Avenatti. Jim Hoffer looks like Avenatti. Mika has made enough money over the past few years from being Joe's girlfriend. Why not give back the ring to Joe, & reunite with Jim Hoffer. Jim took care of Mika during her career trial & tribulations.

She could easily get rid of blowhard Joe. She could threaten to #metoo him.

It would be the end of Morning Joe but Mika would finally stand up to Joe.

Mika could raise chickens & other animals & on a farm & retire.

Living with Joe must be a nightmare.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Are ratings down? Has Joe ever posted anything reminding people to watch his show?

The ratings are available on www.showbuzzdaily.com. Joe is live from the Washington studio. Joe can't make up his mind about wearing or not wearing glasses.

Michael Steele is back complaining about the GOP being complicit in going along with Trump.

Joe & Steele said Trump is violating constitutional norms.

Heidi is on set with Joe. Watch out Mika!. Heidi could be a replacement for you if you get back with Jim Hoffer.

Heidi wouldn't put up with Joe's shenanigans.

Everyone is happy that the North Korea summit was cancelled. Trump wasn't ready. Kim doesn't want to give up weapons and end up like Gaddafi.

Joe keeps repeating the word Libya.

Joe is happy that Emilia graduated & posted a picture of her.

Joe's youngest son is 10 years old!.

It was Kasie's! birthday yesterday. Did she get cake on the show?

Willie & Mika are off today. Joe looks lonely being stuck talking to other panelists.

The latest ratings for Morning Joe.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-wednesday-cable-originals-network-finals-5-23-2018.html

• Love 1
1 minute ago, XOQueens said:

I know I call it, but still. Why in the world is Mika off again? 

Maybe I am not the best person to answer this as I haven't watched much of the show today but I believe it is because she is still in daughter graduation mode as Joe mentioned the graduation along with his youngest son's 10th birthday (thank you Oakville).

I swung by in time to hear Katty Kay describe Weinstein as looking frail . . . did you see the size of his gut in that blue sweater Katty?  And as for the shuffling it looked to me like he had loaded his pants which wouldn't surprise me as that is what most bullies do when they are finally held to task.

• Love 3

Joe is making a big deal out of his ownself being in DC today.  But if my memory serves me, John's Hopkins isn't all that far from DC.  So, I am sure he will be at some sort of family celebration. It seems strange to see him interacting with guests face-to-face.

And for crying out loud...why all the breathless covering of Weinstein?  The only time I want to hear his name is when he goes to prison...other than that, I don't want to see his ugly mug.

Arms Mitchell is on set.

• Love 2

Has anyone noticed that Joe doesn’t say Mika’s daughter Emilie’s last name? He’s said congratulations to her for the past couple of days, but only by first name. It’s not like it’s a privacy thing - Emilie is tagged in every Instagram post added here. I just find it odd. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I swung by in time to hear Katty Kay describe Weinstein as looking frail

???

5 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Has anyone noticed that Joe doesn’t say Mika’s daughter Emilie’s last name? He’s said congratulations to her for the past couple of days, but only by first name. It’s not like it’s a privacy thing - Emilie is tagged in every Instagram post added here. I just find it odd. 

Joe seems like the type of guy who hates the fact "his" women have ever been with other men. 

29 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Joe is making a big deal out of his ownself being in DC today.

I usually like the DC set shows more, but I couldn't do today. Maybe I've become too Morning Joe jaded to even enjoy the open window view as the sun comes up. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm curious what will become of the bunker once Joe moves out of his Connecticut house. Will the bunker disappear, or will it re-appear somewhere else. 

If you take out the holding pins, the bunker folds and can be transported to a new location.  

Has Heidi P lost weight?  Her face looks really different

Why is Mika's daughter posing with AvenHottie? I see she goes to the same colorist as her Mom (Yes, I am a beotch)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

Oakville, did someone detonate a bomb in a restaurant in Toronto today?  I hope you and yours are ok. 

Thanks for any update I was watching Morning Joe so I didn’t see any news this morning. 

• Love 5

The last part of the show was good with the Richard Engel discussion regarding an Israeli firm being hired to spy on people in Obama administration who helped work out the Iran deal, the upcoming HBO documentary on McCain and the book about McCain. 

I could have done without the focus on Harvey Weinstein throughout the show today. 

• Love 2

Did Joe say that Mika was courageous in cancelling her book deal with Weinstein resigned from the company?

Weinstein used to be a guest on the show. It was on YouTube.

47 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Oakville, did someone detonate a bomb in a restaurant in Toronto today?  I hope you and yours are ok. 

Thanks for any update I was watching Morning Joe so I didn’t see any news this morning. 

Yes! It was a popular chain restaurant. It’s like the Applebee’s for Indian cuisine. I used to live 5 minutes from there. The bombing was in Mississauga which is a big suburb of Toronto. Oakville is the next town over.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

If you take out the holding pins, the bunker folds and can be transported to a new location.  

Has Heidi P lost weight?  Her face looks really different

Why is Mika's daughter posing with AvenHottie? I see she goes to the same colorist as her Mom (Yes, I am a beotch)

She is posing with her dad!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Did Joe say that Mika was courageous in cancelling her book deal with Weinstein resigned from the company?

Weinstein used to be a guest on the show. It was on YouTube.

Don’t get me started on this lol. There’s no way either will ever convince me she/they didn’t know full well what was up with him before this autumn. I knew and I’m not in their gilded circles. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tvaddict44 said:

question for Morning Joe viewers:  I'm asking someone on here because the clip that I'm trying to identify the speaker in runs just before Morning Joe starts each morning.  It's a lovely quote on how we have to hold on and trust for a better tomorrow and know that things will change and ends with the idea of how we all appreciate the importance of a free press come what may....

It sounds like Tom Brokaw to me, but I don't know.  If it's part of a longer piece, I'd like to know that too.  I'd appreciate any response....

I posted the clip in Small Talk. (The voice is NBC journalist Chet Huntley of the nightly news show called the Huntley-Brinkley Report during the '50s and '60s.) IA, it is a lovely quote.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika has the hots for Avenatti. Jim Hoffer looks like Avenatti. Mika has made enough money over the past few years from being Joe's girlfriend. Why not give back the ring to Joe, & reunite with Jim Hoffer. Jim took care of Mika during her career trial & tribulations.

She could easily get rid of blowhard Joe. She could threaten to #metoo him.

It would be the end of Morning Joe but Mika would finally stand up to Joe.

Mika could raise chickens & other animals & on a farm & retire.

????❤️.   One for each brilliant paragraph.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Ladyrain said:

No kidding.  I bet working with him is no picnic either.  Watching him on TV passively is difficult.  Knowing him must be such a fucking chore.
Where is the tell all book?

• Love 2
18 hours ago, oakville said:

Does Barnicle act dumb on purpose? 

Maybe he's trying to make Meek-a feel better. 

And Meeks seriously tossed that AvenHottie doppelganger overboard for the squinty eyed blowhard?  She's even stupider than I thought.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, suomi said:

I posted the clip in Small Talk. (The voice is NBC journalist Chet Huntley of the nightly news show called the Huntley-Brinkley Report during the '50s and '60s.) IA, it is a lovely quote.

Oh, shoot. I was going to guess Edward R. Morrow, because I thought it sounded like him, but that wouldn't make sense, given that ERM was with CBS.

It is a lovely quote. And so appropriate for our times.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am fairly sure I saw Joe in Boston, around the Boston Calling crowds.

ETA: In case that collection of words means nothing to anyone, it's a festival with a little bit of everything. On Friday til Sunday, there's some really good gigs. St. Vincent just lit it up. Pod Save America is here somewhere doing their thing too.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 2

It'll be interesting to watch the show tomorrow to see if Joe has any response to Trump's tweet from earlier today lamenting the "lost, beautiful lives" of those who left his administration in disgrace.

I seem to recall Joe echoing those sentiments a couple of months ago, bemoaning the tragic fates of people like Hope Hicks and Mike Flynn who hitched their wagons to the Trump Train only to have it all blow up spectacularly in a tweetstorm of indictments and legal entanglements.

• Love 1

No Morning Joe this morning. Man. Must be nice to have Mika’s work schedule. She’s been off since last Tuesday after-9:00am. 

On 5/25/2018 at 5:17 PM, Chloesmom said:

HAHAHAHAHA . . . . HAHAHAHAHA. . . . HAHAHAHAHA . . . this is just fabulous:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-hires-notable-instastud-as-morning-joes-new-booking-producer/

Love the comment about Joe and Mika.  Me-oooow Mediaite!

They desperately needed a new booker. Lol

I think what's even worse is they put on that taped hour instead of letting actual working journalists speak to today's news and more importantly cover the real, solemn, precious ceremonies taking place today.  Having those two sit there and sneer and roll their eyes while exaggerating/explaining that their hour was taped especially today was just infuriating to me.  I wish MSNBC had just gone with live programming.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I think what's even worse is they put on that taped hour instead of letting actual working journalists speak to today's news and more importantly cover the real, solemn, precious ceremonies taking place today.  Having those two sit there and sneer and roll their eyes while exaggerating/explaining that their hour was taped especially today was just infuriating to me.  I wish MSNBC had just gone with live programming.

Happy Memorial Day to all the Americans on this forum.

Monday Recap. Mika is wearing her bright "Where is Avenhottie" Fuschia Dress. Joe is at the NYC studio with her. Barnicle is also there.

They showed Meet The Press from 6-7 am in Canada. I don't like Chuck Todd anymore. He wouldn't be allowed on TV in Canada without disclosing his conflict of interests. I  fast forwarded through it.

Mika & Joe wasted 5 minutes mocking viewers who don't realize that the show is taped and not live.Mika & Joe like to pretend that they are working hard at the studio on the holiday. The viewers complaints ruined their little game.

Excellent Interview with the author of Sh*tshow, who said everyone loves the ratings from Trump but the country is falling apart,

He wants Morning Joe to do segments on regular people.

I don't know if Joe realized that Leduff was mocking Joe for focusing on tv ratings.

Everyone is addicted to cable news now because of Trump. Sto covering his every tweet.

Joe said that Trump's rise began during Vietnam when he watched Ken Burns's documentary. They are sitting in VFW halls complaining about the country sending people to war.

Jack Jacobs said only 1% of Americans serve in the armed forces. No one is sacrificing for the country. Did Jacobs realize he was implicitly criticizing Joe & Barnicle? Joe didn't even bother enlisting in the National Guard. I doubt Barnicle served.

Someone wrote a biography on Dr Z.

It's book review day!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Excellent Interview with the author of Sh*tshow, who said everyone loves the ratings from Trump but the country is falling apart,

He wants Morning Joe to do segments on regular people.

Thanks as always for the recap Oakville.  This segment I am sorry I missed as I caught the last maybe 30 seconds of it.  If you get a chance, what was their reaction when he said do more segments on regular people?

As for Scarborough and Barnicle realizing Jacobs was perhaps criticizing them?  Yeah, that would be a hard no.

Thank you for recognizing our Memorial Day Oakville.  You are a true friend to the USA!

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Thanks as always for the recap Oakville.  This segment I am sorry I missed as I caught the last maybe 30 seconds of it.  If you get a chance, what was their reaction when he said do more segments on regular people?

As for Scarborough and Barnicle realizing Jacobs was perhaps criticizing them?  Yeah, that would be a hard no.

Thank you for recognizing our Memorial Day Oakville.  You are a true friend to the USA!

I love all US & Canadian holidays. I used to visit my relatives in Buffalo during Memorial Day weekend. It is very warm here in Oakville today so I going out to finish planting my flowers.

Mika & Joe were non committal to allowing "regular people" being interviewed on their show.

Joe did realize that he is making a lot more money with morning cable tv ratings at record levels.

I would buy Dr Z's book & the Charlie Leduff book. He wanted to bring homeless people & opiod addicts on the set. I doubt MSNBC would allow that.

Leduff looked a bit unkempt on the show & wanted to say the word sh*t. Joe did it & got bleeped.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3

I love all US & Canadian holidays. I used to visit my relatives in Buffalo during Memorial Day weekend. It is very warm here in Oakville today so I going out to finish planting my flowers.

Hee!  I live in the western suburbs of Chicago and it was already 83 degrees at 8am this morning.  I have never run that fast to the dumpsters in my life but I was like it's now or never . . . :)

• Love 2
(edited)

Why is Joe replying to a two year old Trump tweet? ?

ETA: And Joe's Twitter time stamp is five hours +, so is he in England again? ??

Edited by XOQueens
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

ETA: And Joe's Twitter time stamp is five hours +, so is he in England again? ??

Oh good grief he's as bad as Trump.  Had to dig up a two year tweet to make it be about himself again on today of all days . . . me Me MEEEEEEEEEEEE.

And I hope he is in England (sorry to my friends there) and I hope blondie is with him and I hope they suddenly develop technical problems in their respective bunkers (kudos to whoever it was that came up with that for an SNL skit) so the show tomorrow will actually be watchable/informative.  I have completely lost my patience with useless/waste of space talking heads.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Not sure about England, but you were probably right about seeing Joe in Boston. According to Politico Playbook, he and Mika were at the Red Sox game on Sunday.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Hee!  I live in the western suburbs of Chicago and it was already 83 degrees at 8am this morning.  I have never run that fast to the dumpsters in my life but I was like it's now or never . . . :)

My late dad said it was important to celebrate all holidays that remember veterans. He was a member of the Hellenic (Greek) Navy  in WW2 & his ship was sunk by the Nazis in December 1944 in the Mediterranean. He was rescued by the US navy.They fixed his broken legs. He always liked the US navy. He ended up walking with a limp after he came back from the war but he said they did a good job given the circumstances.

My grandma on my mom's side was American, so we celebrated Canada Day on July 1 & the fourth of July . I loved it because I got cake on both holidays. I like cake.

My mom refused to fill out a US citizenship application for me because she was worried that I would be drafted by the US government.

• Love 5

My late dad said it was important to celebrate all holidays that remember veterans.

Oakville, God bless yes no truer words have ever been spoken.  On a personal note, after the 9/11 attack I read a post from a Canadian citizen that I will never, ever forget.  It highlighted that although many people do not like us at times it historically never stops us from doing the right thing and lending a helping hand to those that need it.  I literally tear up every time I think about that post.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oakville, God bless yes no truer words have ever been spoken.  On a personal note, after the 9/11 attack I read a post from a Canadian citizen that I will never, ever forget.  It highlighted that although many people do not like us at times it historically never stops us from doing the right thing and lending a helping hand to those that need it.  I literally tear up every time I think about that post.

Thanks. I know that  Canadians in Gander Newfoundland provided shelter to the American citizens stranded during the attacks. Canada & the USA are strong allies despite political differences. No flights to the USA were allowed in. The planes had to land in Newfoundland. I think it's a play on Broadway now.  My late father was drafted by the Hellenic Navy ( in exile) while living in Alexandria , Egypt. At the time, the British army was in command & they needed young men for the war effort. They told the Hellenic Navy to drafted Greek & other European citizens living in Egypt for the war effort. My dad wasn't happy about being drafted but he did his duty for Greece & the Allied forces.

I find it sad now that many of my Canadian friends and families refuse to visit the USA now since Trump was elected President. One friend of mine  in particular, who is of West Indian descent was recently sent for secondary inspection by the US Customs & asked some ridiculous questions about his facial hair. He grew a beard in the past few years, so he looks different than his passport photo. My friend thinks he was being targeted by the US Customs for being "brown". He refuses to go to the USA now. It's very sad because he likes the theme parks in Florida.

On 5/25/2018 at 9:51 AM, suomi said:

I was watching the CNN show, 1968. They showed clips of Chet Huntley. It is his voice.

• Love 3