Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, millennium said:

What no one seemed to mention is that some of the most vocal hecklers of Charen appeared to be women.   Probably more of those harpies who wore "Trump Can Grab My Pussy" t-shirts to his campaign rallies.

^^^^THIS!  I was actually stunned when I heard that video, good grief.

As for Joe defending his "great" pals, let us never forget the odious Halperin.

And third, Old Country Lawyer Joe better brush up on the books as it's my understanding that what the Lt. Gov. from GA is threatening is illegal and unconstitutional:

The First Amendment prevents the government from punishing private entities based on their political views. Typically politicians don’t admit they’re doing that, but Georgia Lt. Governor @CaseyCagle vows to kill tax legislation unless Delta funds the NRA. Unlawful.

1 minute ago, XOQueens said:

I missed something at the beginning. Why was Mika wearing a huge coat, and why did Joe look so mad at her for it?

Willie gave his Olympic on-air parka to her.  I think it was a little bit too much fussing for Joe as Willie kept explaining how warm it is (it seems Mika is always cold).

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I missed something at the beginning. Why was Mika wearing a huge coat, and why did Joe look so mad at her for it?

It was Willie's coat from South Korea. They chatted with Willie about Korea. Joe was mad that the Koreans weren't as focused on US politics.

• Love 1

Tuesday Recap. Mika & Willie are on set with Barnicle & Eugene. Heidi is in the library.

Joe is happy because polls show the Democrats gaining ground in the generic ballot. I swung 11 points in one month.

Joe was talking women & millenials turning out against the GOP. Intensity was repeated 6 times in 30 seconds.

Barnicle warned Democrats about overplaying their hand. The economy doesn't matter . It's cultural issues that dominate the off election years.

Joe trashed he Democrats for not having a unifying message. It's balkanizing voters.

Trump is doomed after Parkland!

Willie said that Feinstein is too pro Trump to get endorsed by the California Democrats.

Joe is mad that voters aren't excited about Pelosi & Dianne Feinstein.

• Love 1

The panel is happy that they an use their talking points from December on how the polls show the GOP is doomed. It flipped to pro GOP in late January & early February, so they kept quiet about polls.

Joe had to admit that the tax cut was popular. It was supposed to be ARMAGEDDON Joe!

Joe said Democrats should run on Obama's United States of America theme instead of identity politics.

• Love 1

Joe said he warned Hillary's campaign in August 2016 that identity politics would be bad for Democrats!. They should have listened to Joe. LOL!

Clips of Trump saying Sickos shouldn't have guns! Fellas we have to do something!

Mika is wearing a grey sweater over her red top from the Librarians Gone Wild collection at JC Penny.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Willie gave his Olympic on-air parka to her.  I think it was a little bit too much fussing for Joe as Willie kept explaining how warm it is (it seems Mika is always cold).

Lol. Joe's manhood was hurt by a poofy winter coat. It's gonna be a stellar morning.

29 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika is wearing a grey sweater over her red top from the Librarians Gone Wild collection at JC Penny.

She switches to a black sweater later on. With her shirt+sweater and his tie, they look like they're going to a Gryffindor themed party. 

• Love 7

That Hugo Gordon had a strange, contorted take that seemed to lay the fault of Trump at the feet of Democrats.  It was an odd shift to see Joe & Peggy chime in approvingly when they’d said very different things only minutes earlier.

It’ll be interesting to observe if this narrative gets traction in the months ahead. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, revbfc said:

That Hugo Gordon had a strange, contorted take that seemed to lay the fault of Trump at the feet of Democrats.  It was an odd shift to see Joe & Peggy chime in approvingly when they’d said very different things only minutes earlier.

It’ll be interesting to observe if this narrative gets traction in the months ahead. 

I will have to watch that segment later tonight. I am always amused by Peggy. Did she talk about Reagan? 

I was looking at some old political maps from the 1980s & early 1990s. The Democrats had strong majorities in Congress even with Reagan & Bush as popular Republican Presidents.

Why hasn’t Joe picked up on that? Divided government was the norm not the exception. He seems to think that the Blue ave in 2018 willl doom the GOP forever

• Love 1

Jesus Joe!!  Again with the "Millenials are against abortion because they grew up with the technology that you can see the fetus in the womb."  Is this accurate--is ANY research done on this show at all, except have cocktails with Mika the night before?? Look, I'm not a NARAL worker/volunteer, but he constantly throws shit out that pops into his poofy head.  To my knowledge, support for right to choose remains stable, it isn't losing ground.  Correct me please, if I'm wrong.

Oy. That clip of Melania.  You just can't make this stuff up.  She comes across as what I think of when I hear in Japan they have robots working the front desk at hotels.

Ok I go back and forth about her.  On one hand, she knew what a piece of shit he was when she married his very rich ass.  Second hand--Do you hold the wives of Nazis as complicent as the Nazis themselves?  And she does have a school-age son, she wouldn't be the first woman to stay in a marriage for the child/children.  3rdhand--she can't come out of this penniless, although I'm sure Trump has an iron clad prenup.. but of course she wouldn't have riches like she does now.  BUTTTTT--I remember her piping in years back that yes, Obama was not a US citizen.  So suck the karma, girlfriend.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 9

Carter Page is live on CNN right now if you already saw the first half hour of MJ.

eta:  God that guy is great TV . . . hee!  I wish MJ would book him, what a gabfest that would be.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3

Lol Mika's stories about her exes... I can't lie, I would love to sit on her chicken coop steps passing a bottle of vodka back and forth and talking sh!t. 

Wait. I think Joe is legit hurt she's still hung up on that. 

Final edit: I cringed SO HARD at the guest's "Is our lady here yet?" story about Peggy Noonan. 

Edited by XOQueens
added observations, because Morning Joe is the gift that keeps giving.
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

esus Joe!!  Again with the "Millenials are against abortion because they grew up with the technology that you can see the fetus in the womb."  Is this accurate--is ANY research done on this show at all, except have cocktails with Mika the night before?? Look, I'm not a NARAL worker/volunteer, but he constantly throws shit out that pops into his poofy head.  To my knowledge, support for right to choose remains stable, it isn't losing ground.  Correct me please, if I'm wrong.

I just looked it up and it's pretty evenly split.  What kills me about people like Joe, they try to make it sound like the pro choice people are kidnapping pregnant girls and forcing them to have abortions.   This became political when Reagan realized the evangelical Christians would back him if he got behind pro life.  So of course Mr. High & Mighty Scarborough, who is only second behind Peggy Noonan in the ass kissing of Reagan's ghost, falls right in line.  Joe you don't want an abortion? Don't have one.  I don't even think he really gives a shit, it's just another way for him to be a controlling asshole to women. 

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Lol Mika's stories about her exes.

Wait what? ex boyfriends?  Dammit, I didnt' watch this morning. for some reason, watching JLaw do shots of rum with Colbert was more entertaining. 

I keep getting a feeling this marriage is doomed before it starts.   Has Mika become woke? Does she realize she hitched her wagon to a "Ridiculous Blowhard who won't stop talking about his 1 1/2 terms in Congress 20 years ago" (trademark) .  

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I just looked it up and it's pretty evenly split.  What kills me about people like Joe, they try to make it sound like the pro choice people are kidnapping pregnant girls and forcing them to have abortions.   This became political when Reagan realized the evangelical Christians would back him if he got behind pro life.  So of course Mr. High & Mighty Scarborough, who is only second behind Peggy Noonan in the ass kissing of Reagan's ghost, falls right in line.  Joe you don't want an abortion? Don't have one.  I don't even think he really gives a shit, it's just another way for him to be a controlling asshole to women. 

You should google Michael Griffin & Dr George Tiller. Before He was elected to Congress he defended Griffin who was accused & convicted of killing Dr Tiller who performed abortions. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Wait what? ex boyfriends?  Dammit, I didnt' watch this morning. for some reason, watching JLaw do shots of rum with Colbert was more entertaining. 

I keep getting a feeling this marriage is doomed before it starts.   Has Mika become woke? Does she realize she hitched her wagon to a "Ridiculous Blowhard who won't stop talking about his 1 1/2 terms in Congress 20 years ago" (trademark) .  

The short of it (it carried on quite a while): Joe threw it out there that Mika once dated a guy from … was it the National Review he was an editor for the Dartmouth Review and they dated a few years. It happened at the beginning and end of the Buckley segment. Mika went off. This guy, who she never named despite Peggy’s best attempts to get the gossip (although it was clarified it wasn’t Dinesh…lol), left her crying out cold on the steps in the rain after she spent two hours doing her hair and make up because “apparently there were more important things going on.” The entire time Joe tries to get her to stop, the top moment being when Joe says women only complain about their ex boyfriends when they aren’t happy in their current situation. Mika stops momentarily, gives the camera a look, and continues with her monologue about this ex. Peggy asked what happened to him. Throughout Joe is quietly sulking and says something like “it turned out ok for you in the end,” which goes unnoted. Anyway, Mika tells Peggy, “I think Laura Ingraham stole him.” The scene fades at the end of the show with Joe asking-telling her she’s still hung up on this and Mika making an OTT gesture. I was howling and actually paused putting on my eyeliner. It was delightfully weird and messy.

Edited by XOQueens
Does this explain why Joe has at times randomly shaded the Dartmouth Review? Lol
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, oakville said:

You should google Michael Griffin & Dr George Tiller. Before He was elected to Congress he defended Griffin who was accused & convicted of killing Dr Tiller who performed abortions. 

I did know that. Thanks for reminding me!  

11 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe says women only complain about their ex boyfriends when they aren’t happy in their current situation

what?   That doesn't even make sense.   A guy I dated years ago, who I was friends with prior to dating, we used to laugh about the idiots we'd dated prior to meeting.  It would be different if she was going on about "the one that got away" in front of Joe. which I would fucking pay to see. 

See! I'm telling you guys something is going on. She must have threatened to break up with him. All the "Mika is the love of my life BS on instagram, Mika Mika Mika".  And Mika not wanting to talk about the engagement or for him to touch her.  

Damn girl!  Are you finally realizing what you're going to be stuck with? Joe Scarborough. 24-7.   

yuck

• Love 6
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

What kills me about people like Joe, they try to make it sound like the pro choice people are kidnapping pregnant girls and forcing them to have abortions.   

This. 

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Not surprised. I'm going to Google this later too, thanks for the tip.

7 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said he warned Hillary's campaign in August 2016 that identity politics would be bad for Democrats!. They should have listened to Joe. LOL!

Whoever is thinking of running in 2020 should hire Joe right now. A guaranteed win.

• Love 4

Agree on Carter Page being entertaining...at least more entertaining than a good many of the blowhards MJ usually has on.  The goofy hat?  The dimples?  The whole act of being a blithering idiot?  He has all of that stuff down.  I am surprised he hasn't been on the show; although, maybe that is his choice.  I didn't see the CNN piece this morning, but Chris Hayes seems to be a master at getting him to come on and blab.  Sometimes incoherently.  I think Hayes actually told him he hoped he had a lawyer because "you are doing a lot of talking" or some such.  Gold.

In all honestly, I find Page fascinating.  From what I have read, he is highly educated and I guess maybe moved around in high places (i.e., Russia).  Then he comes on some of these shows and sounds like he has no idea what in the world is going on...maybe nitwitted-ey.  Would love to see Mika asking the questions.  A two-fer?  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

what?   That doesn't even make sense.   A guy I dated years ago, who I was friends with prior to dating, we used to laugh about the idiots we'd dated prior to meeting.  It would be different if she was going on about "the one that got away" in front of Joe. which I would fucking pay to see. 

See! I'm telling you guys something is going on. She must have threatened to break up with him. All the "Mika is the love of my life BS on instagram, Mika Mika Mika".  And Mika not wanting to talk about the engagement or for him to touch her.  

Damn girl!  Are you finally realizing what you're going to be stuck with? Joe Scarborough. 24-7.   

yuck

Here you go, it's the only video I could find (although admittedly my search was fairly lazily conducted lol): https://www.nationalreview.com/blog/corner/jack-jay-joe-and-more/

I'm still greatly amused Joe is in his emotions enough about this to bring it back up at the very end.

• Love 4

Really not liking Jon Podhoretz on the show.   He actually said "Jarvanka."    You run across it in print from time to time, sure.  But for a grown man to form the word with his mouth and give it voice?

He needs to go.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

Jeremy Bash: Kushner's current clearance allows him to deliver mail in the West Wing or serve navy bean soup in the WH mess.

He said the same thing on a couple shows last night but it still cracks me up this morning.

In times like these, do Mika and Joe realize how enormous a bullet they dodged?

• Love 5

Why do idiots like Willie Geist keep making excuses for Trump's failure to act on Russia.  "I think the word 'Russia' is so radioactive in the White House that President Trump just can't bring himself to act on it ..."

How about, Russian interference worked to the benefit of Trump and the Republicans, so why in the world would they want to stop it?

• Love 11

Does anyone on the panel this morning really think that Jared isn't going to continue to read any and all top secret info?

Podhoretz did say that trump has the last word so that pretty much sums it up.  I think it was Joe that said this will give trump the opening he wants to push Jared out now that Mueller's gotten closer.  Yeah, right.

• Love 6

Wednesday Recap. Jokey Joe & Anti Pop culture warrior Mika are on set. 

First topic. People are getting kicked off the Bachelor for having herpes.

They discussed Survivor, and how people get kicked off Morning Joe. Willie laughed & said he wanted to go back to Korea.

Mika was mad that they would have to redo the opening.

Everyone piled on Boy Wonder Jared Kushner for losing his top level security clearance.

Mika & Joe forgot that they were very deferential to Ivanka & Joe during the transition. Joe got a lot of scoops from Jared.

Now Joe said that they have no one who knows anything on how to run the White House.

Trump could still show him the top secret info.

KCDC got the lightning intro

• Love 6

I was more than surprised to see Podhoretz this morning as usually he is on with Nicolle Wallace.  He does a lot of movie reviews so I guess he was there for the Academy Awards (I missed the first half hour).  He's an acquired taste but knows a lot about a lot of things and can throw major shade.  He was one of those "25 Conservatives Twitter Feeds to Watch" in a Salon story which is how I found him.  There were a lot of funny tweets that came out immediately following the release of the story including one who said he just sent out t-shirts to everyone to commemorate the occasion and Podhoretz's response was "Mine doesn't fit" which to this day still makes me laugh.  

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

KCDC got the lightning intro

Kasey got TWO lighting intros, the usual one and another about 25 minutes later.   Scarborough said he felt another female journalist on the show should have a lightning bolt too (NEVER suggested for any male journalist -- know your value, sweetheart).  Mika chimed in and said the female guest in question does not have a lightning bolt and that Kasey has a lightning bolt even though she never wanted one, but has a lightning bolt all the same.  

• Love 5

Mika got on her high horse about shopping at Dick's Sporting Gods. They won't sell assault rifles anymore. She told Joe that they were going to shop there after the show. She took a credit card out of Joe's wallet on the show. Joe was excited that Delta might leave Atlana if they continue to deal with the NRA.

Is it easy to mve an airline hub?

Joe went on yesterday about Connecticut raising taxes on GE that forced them to leave the state. Joe ws mad becase taxes went up & he couldn't sell his bunker home for a profit.

1 hour ago, millennium said:

Kasey got TWO lighting intros, the usual one and another about 25 minutes later.   Scarborough said he felt another female journalist on the show should have a lightning bolt too (NEVER suggested for any male journalist -- know your value, sweetheart).  Mika chimed in and said the female guest in question does not have a lightning bolt and that Kasey has a lightning bolt even though she never wanted one, but has a lightning bolt all the same.  

The show should stop treating KC like a child. If I was in the control room, I would play a noisy blowdryer sound every time joe appeared on set.

His hair is too puffy & he is a blowhard.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Mika got on her high horse about shopping at Dick's Sporting Gods. They won't sell assault rifles anymore. She told Joe that they were going to shop there after the show. She took a credit card out of Joe's wallet on the show. Joe was excited that Delta might leave Atlana if they continue to deal with the NRA.

Is it easy to mve an airline hub?

Joe went on yesterday about Connecticut raising taxes on GE that forced them to leave the state. Joe ws mad becase taxes went up & he couldn't sell his bunker home for a profit.

Their physical hub, no but their corporate offices can go anywhere they want.  United had a mammoth complex in the suburbs of Chicago which was right next to O'Hare.  Chicago gave them an offer they couldn't refuse so they left and all of that real estate is just sitting there.  It devastated the community and so, so many people lost jobs that haven't come back to that area  I know I am talking the same state here but corporate offices can and will move if the price is right.

I am so glad MSNBC hired David Farenthold, great get!

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I was more than surprised to see Podhoretz this morning as usually he is on with Nicolle Wallace.  He does a lot of movie reviews so I guess he was there for the Academy Awards (I missed the first half hour).  He's an acquired taste but knows a lot about a lot of things and can throw major shade.  He was one of those "50 Conservatives Twitter Feeds to Watch" in a Salon story which is how I found him.  There were a lot of funny tweets that came out immediately following the release of the story including one who said he just sent out t-shirts to everyone to commemorate the occasion and Podhoretz's response was "Mine doesn't fit" which to this day still makes me laugh.  

Academy Award chat occupied perhaps three minutes in total -- a mention that the Academy Awards were upon us, hence Podhoretz, and  a brief discussion of why this year's Oscars were expected to get the lowest ratings ever.   Scarborough postulated that everyone will blame it on Weinstein but it was really because they only nominate movies America doesn't want to see, i.e., a movie about some woman having sex with a fish guy.  

I have my own theory why no good movies get nominated, and its simply this: good movies are no longer being made.    The price of a movie ticket ($14-$17 where I live) has eliminated casual movie-going.    Few people are willing to risk that kind of money on an artsy/experimental/under-promoted/non-blockbuster film.    As a result, the studios have stopped making films like that.   For the last twenty years, it's been nothing but franchise sequels, superheroes, drunken bro comedies, and really bad teen horror films.   Every November, a few serious films with more mature actors -- think Robert Redford, Meryl Streep, George Clooney -- are released as Oscar bait.   But otherwise, it's a wasteland.  

• Love 6

Mika got on her high horse about shopping at Dick's Sporting Gods. They won't sell assault rifles anymore. She told Joe that they were going to shop there after the show. She took a credit card out of Joe's wallet on the show.

Welcome to 1960 Mika, where you use your "husband's" money to shop.  Tomorrow will she come in wearing a shirtwaist dress with a crinoline, gloves and a hat and admonish all the women out there to Know Your value and be sure you set your hair and put on lipstick before you make your man's martini and greet him at the door.

Mika chimed in and said the female guest in question does not have a lightning bolt and that Kasey has a lightning bolt even though she never wanted one, but has a lightning bolt all the same.  

The show should stop treating KC like a child. If I was in the control room, I would play a noisy blowdryer sound every time joe appeared on set.

KCDC needs to sleep with a control room guy, thus ensuring that everytime Mika talks, there is a chicken squawk sound bit played.  Mika KNOWS Kasey hates it, admitted it, but on it still goes.

they only nominate movies America doesn't want to see, i.e., a movie about some woman having sex with a fish guy.

Yeah, they should keep that stuff in online porn, where it belongs.....

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6

When I heard Mika talking about Dicks, I thought she meant Scarborough and Barnicle.

3 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Tomorrow will she come put in a shirtwaist dress with a crinoline, gloves and a hat and admonish all the women out there to Know Your value and be sure you set your hair and put on lipstick before you make your man's martini and greet him at the door.

Say what you will, but I think women looked lovely back then.   Men dressed much better too.    I think the loss of civility and decorum in American society is directly reflected in the general slovenliness of the population today.  

• Love 6

Is it hard to move an airline hub? I don't know but when Delta bought Northwest, they picked up and moved.

We Minnesotans mourn Northwest to this day.

I picture daddy, Ivanka and Jared having their weekly spa day together waving around top secret Intel for a laugh.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika got on her high horse about shopping at Dick's Sporting Gods. They won't sell assault rifles anymore. She told Joe that they were going to shop there after the show. She took a credit card out of Joe's wallet on the show.

Lol wait. How? Does Joe keep his wallet on the desk? Or in Mika's purse?

I turned in at 8:30 to Mika having lost her mic, and a conversation about Dicks with Willie. I'm not mature enough for this.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3

"Wikkuh licks?"  What's wrong with her?
And at the same time, that wine colored dress looks good on her.

If they think Trump is going to remove Kushner, they're out of their minds.  Trump has no idea how to run a bureaucracy, nor does he care.  Niceties like security clearance and access to top secret documents don't need rules (but her emails, amiright?). And it doesn't matter.  Nothing matters.  If China or Israel had actual footage of Kushner making a blatantly illegal deal,  35% of the United States wouldn't believe it, or would contort their logic to approve of it, or would simply say how fun it is to make liberals mad.  SHS would mock the media at a press briefing the next day, and it will blow over.  Congress wouldn't investigate, and any law enforcement investigation would be called fake.  And this is where we are.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Lol wait. How? Does Joe keep his wallet on the desk? Or in Mika's purse?

Joe’s wallet was on the desk. Mika went through his entire wallet. In past years she would clean out her purse on the show when she was bored with segments

• Love 5
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Joe’s wallet was on the desk. Mika went through his entire wallet. In past years she would clean out her purse on the show when she was bored with segments

I still can't believe for someone who's stated brand is "Know Your Value" doesn't see anything wrong with those optics and then gets insulted at the comments on her Twitter and Instagram feeds.

• Love 4

Joe Manchin just said that he doesn't know anyone who has committed a crime with an AR 15 and so he can't vote to block sales.  Willie was making "WTF?" faces the whole time Manchin was talking, and Manchin looked super uncomfortable.  He's from West Virginia, ya see.  He'll be voted out of office in a land slide.  Cuz god, guns, merica.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, stormy said:

Is it hard to move an airline hub? I don't know but when Delta bought Northwest, they picked up and moved.

We Minnesotans mourn Northwest to this day.

I picture daddy, Ivanka and Jared having their weekly spa day together waving around top secret Intel for a laugh.

I worked in the industry for decades.  It still breaks my heart to see what has and will continue to happen.  Sad.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, millennium said:

Academy Award chat occupied perhaps three minutes in total -- a mention that the Academy Awards were upon us, hence Podhoretz, and  a brief discussion of why this year's Oscars were expected to get the lowest ratings ever.   Scarborough postulated that everyone will blame it on Weinstein but it was really because they only nominate movies America doesn't want to see, i.e., a movie about some woman having sex with a fish guy.  

I have my own theory why no good movies get nominated, and its simply this: good movies are no longer being made.    The price of a movie ticket ($14-$17 where I live) has eliminated casual movie-going.    Few people are willing to risk that kind of money on an artsy/experimental/under-promoted/non-blockbuster film.    As a result, the studios have stopped making films like that.   For the last twenty years, it's been nothing but franchise sequels, superheroes, drunken bro comedies, and really bad teen horror films.   Every November, a few serious films with more mature actors -- think Robert Redford, Meryl Streep, George Clooney -- are released as Oscar bait.   But otherwise, it's a wasteland.  

I haven’t been to a movie theatre in a year. The theatres in Canada are now offering beer & wine for some films & have better food.

5 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe Manchin just said that he doesn't know anyone who has committed a crime with an AR 15 and so he can't vote to block sales.  Willie was making "WTF?" faces the whole time Manchin was talking, and Manchin looked super uncomfortable.  He's from West Virginia, ya see.  He'll be voted out of office in a land slide.  Cuz god, guns, merica.

It's politicians like him that need to be voted out of office.  I am tired of candidates that vote in their own self-interest/preservation.  I will vote for candidates that speak their mind even if it means leaning into the wind and maybe doesn't agree with me.  I'm glad he's uncomfortable, so are those kids that are returning to their school today where 17 of their friends were killed.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I worked in the industry for decades.  It still breaks my heart to see what has and will continue to happen.  Sad.

Air travel used to be more relaxing when I was a kid. Now i feel like cattle when i fly. 

• Love 4

I am listening to Joe Manchin trying to sound harsh on getting gun reform; trying would be the operative word.  How many times can a politician do the dance..stepping right up to the line on any hot topic...but not crossing  it.  He kept stressing the need for accomplishment..but he said it takes leadership from those in charge.  Hello!  You're in Congress!  You are partly in charge.  Why not have some guts and actually take a stand.  He SOUNDS like he is taking a stand.  But he isn't.  Maybe these politicians who are mouthing off on the "need" to do something .. would actually DO something.  They could threaten the Senate and House leaders with losing their leadership posts.  

Willie actually DID try and hold his feet to the fire.  I am still steaming...was Joe on set for this?  Because I only saw Willie trying to get Manchin to commit to something.  I guess I was so irritated I couldn't see anything in front of me.  I do realize that Manchin helped sponsor a bill or some such; and that bill, I guess, has gone nowhere  I guess because of "leadership" preventing it from going forward..  And I loved him patting himself on the back for that.   

Since I am still mad about Manchin, I will vent more irritation.  This is the show of the Disappearing Hosts.  Where do they go?  Bathroom breaks?  Rerunning the 6:00 stuff at 8:00?  Then, one of them is on and the other isn't.  I must admit, when Mika takes a break, the set seems a lot more fun.  "The guys" let loose a little, sometimes, and joke about stuff.  Stuff that Mika would never get.

Looks like Clint Watts is letting his hair grow a little.

• Love 8