Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

But you have warm cookies!! Cookies or tanks...choose one.

HEE!  Hey, I have one! they go with everything and also make you look like a Beatnik.

I have a new theory.  Trump is not serious about any of this shit--calling Dems unwilling to stand "treasonous" and the parade schtick.  He just knows that us and the media will go apeshit, and he likes to disrupt.  In addition, he likes to see himself on the news. What can we do differently??

Beatnik, ya ya ya!

As for Trump, stop giving him and his antics air.  Stop broadcasting every news daily briefing, stop broadcasting his pep rallies but most of all stop reacting to those insidious tweets.  He throws those grenades to create chaos and the news media keeps picking them up and getting blown up.  Follow, broadcast and panel discuss the real news stories. as there are more than one or two at a given moment  He thinks the press hates him now, wait until they go back to doing their real jobs.  Please know I love and support the press but they are much smarter than he is and they need to stop chasing their tails sometimes.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Beatnik, ya ya ya!

As for Trump, stop giving him and his antics air.  Stop broadcasting every news daily briefing, stop broadcasting his pep rallies but most of all stop reacting to those insidious tweets.  He throws those grenades to create chaos and the news media keeps picking them up and getting blown up.  Follow, broadcast and panel discuss the real news stories. as there are more than one or two at a given moment  He thinks the press hates him now, wait until they go back to doing their real jobs.  Please know I love and support the press but they are much smarter than he is and they need to stop chasing their tails sometimes.

This is the problem with Morning Joe in the Trump era. Mika & Joe spend too much of the show complaining  about Trumps latest tweets & outbursts.

Its very lazy analysis.

The attacks on Trump are predictable.

shouting everyday is Armageddon with whatever Trump says loses its effect after the 100th time.

Stay in the Bunker Joe & let someone else discuss other issues.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Thursday Recap. Mika is wearing her black turtleneck that was also worn by Mie Myers on SNL when he played the role of Dieter.

The show would be 100% better if they incorporated a "Now we dance!" segment.

• Love 7

He looks at the camera (with a normal expression) and she looks at him (with one of those wannabe sexy pouts). That pretty much tells the story of this hard hitting journalistic super duo. WTF were their spouses thinking?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, suomi said:

He looks at the camera (with a normal expression) and she looks at him (with one of those wannabe sexy pouts). That pretty much tells the story of this hard hitting journalistic super duo. WTF were their spouses thinking?

The article was written around the time Joe filed for divorce from his second wife. Was the photo the trigger?

• Love 3

Friday Recap. Short due to the fact that I prefer to watch the opening ceremonies rather than Bunker Joe & the Brady Bunch crew.

Joe was excited that Sarah Sanders back up , Manu ? was respectful to reporters & not as annoying as Sarah Sanders. Joe went on about poise & that he was a PIVOT from Sarh. Heileman came on to shoot down that talking point. He reminded Joe that he was discussing serious allegations against Porter & that Trump was chaos.

Joe said Mike McMcurry had to defend Bill Clinton through all the scandals but he was a good mn.

The theme today is that General Kelly is an evil man who supports racist views against immigrants. His 40 year career in the military means nothing. he has lost his soul working for President Voldemort.

Joe is mad at Congress for supporting a rising debt ceiling. Joe wants entitlement reform and blamed medicare & social security.

Joe is mad at Trump for supporting record deficits.

Free money is over and interest rates are rising. This is bad for the stock market. People are getting higher wages which is bad for the stock market.

Fereccio said this is the day the Tea Party died!. LOL!. She is a milquetoast GOP analyst.

Barnicle showed up to get melodramatic about people losing their souls when working for Trump.

Katty Kay looks tanned.

Joe brought on Chu from CNBC to talk about the stock market. Joe pretended to understand what is happeinng. He tried to blame Trump for allowing the tax cut to fuel the fire on an over heated stock market. Watching Joe discuss stocks is painful.

He should stick to UK football & his music.

I forgot to add that Joe was busy yesterday blocking people critical of his show. There is one account which has been posting scathing criticques of him & Mika & the show for several months. I guess Joe is upset at his critics despite what he says about ignoring them.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4

Thanks, Oakville, and also for the alert about the opening ceremony.  I wouldn't mind if Katty Kay looked pale and a little wrinkled, you know, *British*, but she seems to think that she needs to look like a botoxed Palm Springs golfer. 

Hey, they just introduced Kasie without the lighting!  So, that really is a specific Mika putdown, and Mika is away with the animals today. 

• Love 5

Kasie should be treated like an adult. She is a solid reporter. Mika is jealous of her because people take her seriously.

Mika used to belittle Savannah Guthrie when she had Kasies job. Mika would make fun ofSavannahs outfits.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Kasie should be treated like an adult. She is a solid reporter. Mika is jealous of her because people take her seriously.

Mika used to belittle Savannah Guthrie when she had Kasies job. Mika would make fun ofSavannahs outfits.

Maybe Meek-a isn't as clueless as I thought; maybe she really does 'know her worth' - and it's worthless.  That's why she puts down other people, both women and men.  Belittling others - in the twisted logic of her overbleached pea brain - elevates her own status. 

By the way, why does that overpaid twit get every freaking Friday off?  It's not like the previous four days were especially taxing for her.  Her biggest challenge everyday is selecting which ugly scarf to drape around her neck.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, suomi said:

My only takeaway from this video is (because really, Joey saying 'f*ck' on the air doesn't surprise me; he probably drops that bomb all day long in private) is how much prettier Meek-a looks with a hair color that actually exists in the natural human world.  That shiny white mop that she sports now hurts my eyes.

• Love 1

I don't know who that grey haired good looking man who was speaking around 8 :30, in tandem with !Anand!, but he is one hot looking older man.  Since I am a hot looking older woman--match made in heaven.

High School Joe had the same POMPADOUR!!   RIP, Sister Margaret.

Katty is back in extreme cat-eye territory.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5

Good for Willie in getting out of the studio for some Today Show fun at the Olympics. Nice that he gets to continue doing that. Got the feeling that him checking in with the MJ team they were a little jealous and really did miss him.

Although his mention of his kids saying they already missed him was sweet and sad. Sometimes you forget that when these reporters are hustling around the world, they're leaving their families back home. It ain't all glamorous!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I don't know who that grey haired good looking man who was speaking around 8 :30, in tandem with !Anand!, but he is one hot looking older man.  Since I am a hot looking older woman--match made in heaven.

Dylan Rattigan? He used to be on CNBC years ago, which was why he was on to talk about the stock market. He then had a show on MSNBC for a while.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

image.thumb.png.50f45bad3c130897b32946564f36298a.png

This picture is gratuitously sexist, and casts Mika, "The-Feminist-Who-Knows-Her-Value," in a bad light.  She's literally being objectified as Joe's sexual possession.  Bizarrely tone deaf.         But, she looks great.  She was born to wear that outfit.  It's fun to like bimbo sex kittens being bimbo sex kittens, and you don't need to remark on their hypocrisy.  I wouldn't judge y'all if you like a promo pic of Thomas Roberts posing in between weightlifting reps in a sweaty tank top, or in a tuxedo lifting a tumbler of Scotch giving the camera a "hey baby" look.
But with all that said, Mika's blatant hypocrisy is just... it's a head scratcher.

I never knew that she would slide digs in on Savannah, and given that context, yeah, I do think she's bullying Kasie Hunt.  I bet Joe either admires Savannah and Kasie, or has said something flattering. 
Like Mika even knows one AC/DC song.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

By the way, why does that overpaid twit get every freaking Friday off?  It's not like the previous four days were especially taxing for her.  Her biggest challenge everyday is selecting which ugly scarf to drape around her neck.

Twice this week, within two hours after the show ended, Mika was at home, Facebook live-ing (is this a verb) with her chickens.

This brings up an interesting point. I remember reading in Mika's books that she was so busy with Morning Joe that she rarely made it home for dinner with her family. How times have changed.

It makes sense that in the early days of the show, when their staff was much smaller, they had to do a lot more of the work themselves. However, they are probably coasting more now than they used to, and maybe the long days were also an excuse for the co-hosts to spend more time together.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, cased said:

Twice this week, within two hours after the show ended, Mika was at home, Facebook live-ing (is this a verb) with her chickens.

This brings up an interesting point. I remember reading in Mika's books that she was so busy with Morning Joe that she rarely made it home for dinner with her family. How times have changed.

It makes sense that in the early days of the show, when their staff was much smaller, they had to do a lot more of the work themselves. However, they are probably coasting more now than they used to, and maybe the long days were also an excuse for the co-hosts to spend more time together.

Maybe their oh so long days back then didn't involve so much 'work' as it did 'play'.  ("So sorry I'm late again, honey; there was just so much 'work' to do").

Also, I wonder how Meek-a's daughters feel, knowing that they weren't important enough for mommy to come home in time to have dinner with, but her chickens have her undivided attention a few hours after the show ends.  Good one, Mika; that sure tells those girls what their "worth" is to you.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 4

I was trying to give her benefit of the doubt thinking maybe she was spending time with her Mom, but obviously I'm forgetting who we're dealing with. 

Thank God Katty was there to take over news reading this morning, Joe was all over the place. 

STFU about Clinton. No one but Joe would bring up Mike McCurdy & Bill Clinton while talking about the press briefing yesterday and Porter. 

Do we need an exorcist to rid Joe & Mika of the ghost of the Clintons? 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, cased said:

What is the point of a Facebook Live with chickens? 

Is she auditioning for a part on the Green Acres remake? 

• Love 3

Dylan moved to CA and started a solar powered hydroponic farming business.

And yes he is hot. 

Me likey.  I couldn't watch much today--do they touch on Omorosa's dramatically whispered, secretive conversation about Trump  IN FRONT OF MICROPHONES?  That was like a performance art piece.

• Love 4

I think they showed it, but I also watched Colbert and he definitely did so maybe I'm confusing one with the other.  I want to know how she booked Big Brother so fast, her agent must have every reality show on speed dial. 

Answer about Omarosa - They showed Omarosa's interview when she said everyone would bow down to Trump followed by the Big Brother clip. The panel laughed and made some comments that I didn't hear.  I was getting ready for work and not paying much attention. They didn't spend much time on her.

Edited by madfortv
FIxed wording - Changed "Answer to answer" to just "Answer"
  • Love 1
On 2/8/2018 at 9:30 PM, suomi said:

Suomi, I just wanted to thank you for posting this clip as it lead to the other ones of Rachel Maddow dragging Scarborough around by the neck until in one clip he got up and left before the segment ended.  I needed a laugh and I thank you for that!

• Love 2
On 2/9/2018 at 9:00 AM, WhineandCheez said:

I prefer CatEye Kay reading the news than Mika.

• Love 1

I enjoyed the interview with Mike Mussina. He told Joe not to worry about polls till August. The key is the intensity of the voters. This year Democrats are more intense than GOP voters. He also said that the Democrats have to focus on state races & trying to win governorships in open states like Florida.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I enjoyed the interview with Mike Mussina. He told Joe not to worry about polls till August. The key is the intensity of the voters. This year Democrats are more intense than GOP voters. He also said that the Democrats have to focus on state races & trying to win governorships in open states like Florida.

I didn't see a lot of the show yesterday but I did catch a bit of this interview and the one with the fabulous Dylan Ratigan and enjoyed both a lot.  It was nice to listen to a great and respectful conversation instead of folks trying to get a word in edgewise around the usual nonsense that takes place.

• Love 1

Here was a comment from Feb 12, 2014. I am glad that Mika isn't as conscious about her weight anymore.

"Saw the View. JS & MB on for 5 minutes. Nothing in depth was asked. Mika said she is tweeting her weight because she is tired of starving to maintain 118 lb. weight. (How does one have such large breasts @ 118 lbs. when NORMAL breast tissue is made of fat?) Joe's not very talkative but his hair is very red. Mika loves Chris but said her politics differ from his "but he is evolving just like Joe." Joe disagreed, saying he is going backward from the forward progress he's made with Mika. The Pres. aspiration question was asked. Joe said No, he's not running and his face flushed a bit but Mika said she wants him to run then buried her face in her hands. Calling Dr. Freud!!! More like calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard. That woman is not good at repartee at all. She is so stiff.  She was wearing a very tight brown knit dress and beige high heels and took a center seat on stage showing off those gams. Maybe Pres. Joe will put her in his (liquor) cabinet. She needs to get busy sending valentines to all her loves--CC, the Red Sox, Sen. Claire McCaskill, Carl Bernstein (who moved to CNN and cannot appear on MJ any more), Henry Winkler, Tom Coburn...and on and on. That word love is used far too freely and often that it isn't special at all. Wednesday is the big lunch day at Michael's restaurant in NYC every week where media types show up--now that she's all dressed up she will probably go to see and be seen. The NY Social Diary will report on it tomorrow if she is there and who she is with. Also on MJ earlier this am, again in private language-y talk, Mika is having a problem with new dog and she is bringing in someone to help her with said problem of it running in circles but it only does it when Joe is around, Mika said."

On 2/10/2018 at 10:53 AM, Chloesmom said:

I didn't see a lot of the show yesterday but I did catch a bit of this interview and the one with the fabulous Dylan Ratigan and enjoyed both a lot.  It was nice to listen to a great and respectful conversation instead of folks trying to get a word in edgewise around the usual nonsense that takes place.

Ratigan is only 45 years old. I was shocked about how much grey hair he has. I used to watch CNBC regularly. He was pretty hyper back then about corruption & elites.

• Love 3

Hoo boy XOQueens, thank you so much for that live action shot!  Wowzers, there's a lot to unpack there.  I especially love how Mika is wearing a rocker chick chic top and Joe is wearing a suit (I am assuming sans socks).  She does look genuinely happy.

Katy gets tough this morning on Mike Pence and his North Korea stance. You go girl.

Joe finally showed annoyance with Pence's "I know nothing' about everything.

So a security clearance is now just a bogus meaningless piece of paper since trump became president. If it was really important and necessary, how did trump pass the bar.

Edited by stormy

At the start of the show, there didn't seem to be much planning.  Joe spoke for several minutes and for a time they brought some of the regulars on, 1 by 1, to speak and to be interviewed by Joe. No Willie, Mika or Barnicle.  Do they even care about the show any more?  The show should be given to a team of people who are actually interested in it and have more energy.

Finally, as I write this an hour into the show, there is now a large panel. 

Edited by madfortv
Fixed wording
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, madfortv said:

At the start of the show, there didn't seem to be much planning.  Joe spoke for several minutes and for a time they brought some of the regulars on, 1 by 1, to speak and to be interviewed by Joe. No Willie, Mika or Barnicle.  Do they even care about the show any more?  The show should be given to a team of people who are actually interested in it and have more energy.

Finally, as I write this an hour into the show, there is now a large panel. 

And poor Heidi sitting in the poorly lit library.  For a second there I thought someone forgot to pay the electric bill.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, stormy said:

Yikes Oakville, how did you dig that up? I find the comment about Mika's weight vs the size of her breasts offensive. I hope we don't go down that road.

It's from the archives on Television Without Pity. I wanted to show what people were discussing 4 years ago on this show. Back then, Mika & Joe were excited about Chris Christie running for President & were worried about Bridge Gate affecting his electoral chances.

• Love 2

Kattie handily demonstrates just how superfluous Mika is.

On one hand, it's a better show without Mika.   On the other, episodes without Mika leave precious little to snark on.

Did anyone even mention Mika at the beginning, like "Mika has the morning off' Or "Mika will be back tomorrow?"

On 2/9/2018 at 12:46 PM, oakville said:

What is the point of a Facebook Live with chickens? 

Mika explained she was investigating whether there had any been any fowl play in the blocking of the Democrats' memo.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

And poor Heidi sitting in the poorly lit library.  For a second there I thought someone forgot to pay the electric bill.

The lighting is off today. Joe looks heavily tanned in his Bunker. Heidi should be with the rest of the panel. Mika was supposed to be here today but she took another day off. Willie is in Korea. Joe started with a scripted rant about Trump being worse than Hillary Clinton at handling classified information. Jared & Porter don't have security clearances so they should not handle classified info. They have temporary clearances, but Joe didn't mention that. It's a better talking point to say that Trump is reckless.

Ignatius said it takes a while to get a security clearance but not this long. Ratner said they may have filled out the wrong forms. Kushner is shady.

Katty Kay is furious that Trump always believes the men & not the women. Katty was shocked that 52% of White Women voted for Trump over Hillary who is a White woman.

Katty is furious at the media being criticized for supporting Kim's sister. David said she is very attractive and wore lipstick. Pence didn't stand up for the Koreans.

Joe said it would be foolish for kim to give up nuclear weapons. Gaddafi did this & Obama & Hillary killed him. Same thing in Iraq. Hussein should have developed the weapons & the USA would leave him alone.

Haas said Ukraine was foolish to give up Nuclear weapons & listen to Nato. Russia took over Crimea without any support from Nato.

Haas didn't realize that he is contradicting himself, because he has been a strong supporter of Nato & diplomacy.

Heidi is upset at the Infrastucture plan. It's not enough money to fix all the infrastructure needs.

Joe is upset at the huge budget deficits with the tax cuts & extra spending.

Joe said the deficit could be 2 trillion in 2027.

Joe said when he was in Congress he was upset with a 300 billion deficit. Now its 1 trillion.

Joe said that Democrats are intense & will vote in the fall.

9 minutes ago, millennium said:

Kattie handily demonstrates just how superfluous Mika is.

On one hand, it's a better show without Mika.   On the other, episodes without Mika leave precious little to snark on.

Did anyone even mention Mika at the beginning, like "Mika has the morning off' Or "Mika will be back tomorrow?"

Mika explained she was investigating whether there had any been any fowl play in the blocking of the Democrats' memo.

Joe said Mika wiIll be back tomorrow. He said the same thing on Friday.

Mika gets much more time off now than she is engaged to Joe.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, millennium said:

This is exactly what I have been thinking, hee!  I do wonder how the ratings work though as when she isn't on I have a tendency to stick with the show much more as there is more valid discussions.  I wonder how finite that ratings information is.

• Love 3

Ratner has charts! A brief shining moment to get me though the next 6 weeks of this gloomy, dark Winter.  I'm sitting under my SAD light as I type this.

Ratigan is only 45 years old.

You're shitting me.  I'm thinking 60ish, and retired. Whoa...

• Love 1

Thank goodness Joe was on the air this morning reminding us about the women in North Virginia who voted in the rain!

There's a larger story behind this Kelly stuff than simply the palace intrigue at the White House. As an American citizen, I want to know whether they simply ignored his lack of clearance and let him handle those highly sensitive, highly classified materials that he should not have been allowed to handle without said clearance. And someone - Ignatius or Scarborough - made the comment that "Trump didn't know" about the allegations. Which makes sense given that Porter literally controlled all the information that Trump saw.

But I'm sure there will be another Tweet or kerfuffle this week that will distract them again and we'll never get any answers.

• Love 4

Joe said his sources in the White House tell him that Kelly will leave the White House. Joe trashed Kelly Ann Conway for not knowing about general Flynn being fired.

Very interesting discussion with David Ignatius about Syria vs Iran. Russia is running the show in Syria.

Joe is on a rant against Trump for not being supportive of the women who were abused by Porter.

Joe is a champion of women.

Joe is a hypocrite because he never defended the women who were harassed and abused by Mark Halperin or Harold Ford or Matt Lauer . Joe let Mika make the announcements & never said anything about the issues. In fact, Joe usually dissapeared from the set when issues of sexual harassment are discussed.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

You're shitting me.  I'm thinking 60ish, and retired. Whoa...

I would have guessed mid to late 50s for Ratigan, but I looked it up, and sure enough, he was born in 1972. 

Edited by cased
Typo
  • Love 3