Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

what is the Donna Brazille story?  They never got to the heart of it, from what I could tell anyway.  But Mika sure did put on her super smug face.

They actually spent a segment and a half on it, around 8:40, with a WaPost reporter who wrote about the relevation that Brazile considered replacing Clinton and Kaine with Biden and Booker after she has those convulsions at the 9/11 ceremony, because Brazile didn't know what was wrong with Clinton and was working with the possibility of an incapacitated nominee. Harold Ford defended Brazile, saying it was something as DNC chair she would have had to have considered.  

Brazile will be on the show Wednesday.

• Love 1

WHAT IS A NIGHTMARE?

1. I watch MJ streaming on my laptop and I don't know why, maybe the impending storm, but every single sentence Joe said was repeated 3 times.  Yes, 3 times the mad, 3 times the smug, and  3 times the Mika grimaces and sighs.

2.  Later this AM I was forced to watch Faux News in a hospital waiting room and listening to a shrieking litany of post-shooting "!They're taking away our guns to appease Michael Bloomburg!! " at 8 AM while waiting to be called for an important test appears in some Hieryomous Bosch painting of Hell somewhere.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

every single sentence Joe said was repeated 3 times.  Yes, 3 times the mad, 3 times the smug, and  3 times the Mika grimaces and sighs.

Yep.  Was this just before he was going to kick it to the former FBI operative?  The square jawed guy who sits humorlessly ramrod straight?  The FBI guy went to open his mouth 3 or 4 times but Joe kept filibustering, repeating himself over and over.  So so odd.

• Love 2

The Texas Attorney General had a sick look on his face, probably because he was on this liberal show and somehow he had to defend GUNS, GUNS, GUNS and the almighty 2nd amendment in the face of a slaughter in a church of innocent Texans by a guy with an assault rifle.  He was pathetic, as are all of these cowards who defend the NRA at all costs, including Trump, of course. Trump's little robotic speech about mental illness, not guns, being the problem has and will be repeated over and over, and no Republican in Congress or state legislatures has the guts to do anything about it.   

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 9

Yep.  Was this just before he was going to kick it to the former FBI operative?  The square jawed guy who sits humorlessly ramrod straight?  The FBI guy went to open his mouth 3 or 4 times but Joe kept filibustering, repeating himself over and over.  So so odd.

LOL!--no, it was an actual glitch in the streaming, a mechanical issue, not not issue that Joe is an idjut that repeats something over and over until it is disproved down the line....

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I wouldn't mind if they lost him forever.

Barnicle is hoping that Mark Halperin will make a comeback. I find it very hypocritical that Barnicle, Joe & Willie refused to appear on camera to comment on Halperin. Poor Mika was left to defend "their friend" Halperin on camera. Why can't the others say anything? They have opinions on EVERYTHING.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-he-did-was-creepy-it-was-bad-truly-bad-the-rise-and-fall-of-mark-halperin

From the Daily Beast article:

"Halperin’s frequent fellow Morning Joe panelist, Daily Beast contributor Mike Barnicle, said he recently called Halperin to tell him, “Your life isn’t over.”

“What he did was creepy. It was bad, truly bad,” Barnicle said, adding that it will take a good long while before Halperin can contemplate a comeback, even though “This is America—it’s geared for comebacks.”

“He deserves to be punished for what he did,” Barnicle added. “He deserves to have what he did be deplored. But does he deserve to die? How many times can you kill a guy?”

• Love 1
19 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

WHAT IS A NIGHTMARE?

1. I watch MJ streaming on my laptop and I don't know why, maybe the impending storm, but every single sentence Joe said was repeated 3 times.  Yes, 3 times the mad, 3 times the smug, and  3 times the Mika grimaces and sighs.

This reminds me of the tic that drives me nuts. He can't say "When last in Nantucket, Mika and I dined with Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Dopey." Nope, we get "When last in Nantucket, Mika and I dined with Doc. When last in Nantucket, Mika and I dined with Grumpy. When last in Nantucket, Mika and I dined with Happy." Etc, etc, ad nauseam. Gah!!!

Three times, just for you, WHINEANDCHEEZ ;-)

• Love 4

Tuesday Recap. Election Day.

Mika is wearing a greyish sweater that has a weird pattern. She wore this one before.

Mika is excited about Carter Page met with Russians in 2016 & Sessions knew about it. Joe thinks the GOP platform was changed to help the Russians. The Ukrainiaan amendment was removed. This is Huge! according to Joe.

Joe is shouting at Democrats for running a bad campaign in Virginia. Kasie said that Northam is not being reaching out to the Democratic Base & Progressives. He left out the African American Lt Governor.

Joe can't believe how incompetent the democrats are. Gillespie is a Washington Insider running on Trumpisms.

Why aren't virginians reacting to Trump's poor polls & the GOP in disarray theme.

Joe is mad that the electorate in off year elections is whiter, older & more conservative.

Once again, Joe is hyper over a Trump Tweet. Trump wrote that he is considering all options short of military action. Joe thinks it's a brilliant strtegy.

Ignatious said its good cop/ bad cop & they might freeze their nuclear testing for 1 year. Has the past 25 years stopped their testing?

It could just be that someone took Trump's phone while he was sleeping.

Joe is hyper again & interrupted Mika & asked for water.

Joe thinks he is Matlock because he figured out that Papadopoulos & Carter Page were key to making contact with the Russians!

Why hasn't Joe covered the VA race in more detail?

The glamor shots with Mika & Joe are back!

What's going on in Saudi Arabia? The country was governed by consensus but now the new Prince is arresting people.

He is allowing women to drive in Saudi Arabia. Everyone is excited. He is tough on the clerics.

He is way over his skis according to Joe.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

Why does Joe have to ask Ignatious about Saudi Arabia? Didn't Joe used to brag that he knew key Middle Eastern Leaders.?

Eugene said that a 2-3 point win by Democrats would be good. They desperately need a win.

• Love 1

This show makes me laugh. They started showing polls with Trump's low approval rating.

Now Joe says it doesn't matter because Trump had low approval ratings when he got the nomination & still won the election.

Kornacki said people knew he would be a bad President & is unqualified but still voted for him.

Why has Joe been wasting over a year saying these polls are disastrous for Trump & demanding that the GOP Caucus get rid of him when he now realizes that it doesn't matter.?

The show didn't explain how a Convicted US Senator Menendez could stay in the Senate? Wouldn't he have to resign?

Kornacki said that the Democrats could allow him to run in 2018. Wouldn't a non convicted candidate do better or is this a NJ thing?

I think someone should call out Joe for wasting time talking about polls that he knows don't mean anything.

• Love 2

Kornacki said that Trump is winning the culture wars against the NFL. People that hate trump will vote for him because like his culture wars.

The Air Force forgot to put the criminal conviction against Kelley , so he could still buy guns. Wow!

It's the Carter Page show featuring Mika & Joe. Ignatius has a new book.!

Kasie gets sound effects & a musical intro.

• Love 1

What's with David Ignatius' head?   It's a big wedge.

And has this show become the Home Shopping Network?   It seems like they're always hawking stuff: Know Your Value, Scarborough's music, two thinly-disguised infomercials for books this morning ... 

• Love 4

Why has Joe been wasting over a year saying these polls are disastrous for Trump & demanding that the GOP Caucus get rid of him when he now realizes that it doesn't matter.?

My thoughts exactly. They have been crowing for months how these polls are disastrous, awful....and then now it doesn't really matter, they shrug.  The problem is, national polls are useless, as are polls against nameless opponents to be named later. The poll they talked about by the AP of counties that switched from Obama to Trump, or huge gains for Trump over Romney - show that a plurality of voters there think the country is the same or better under Trump. THAT is a result that is interesting, and alarming.

Kornacki should be on this show more. Replace Barnicle with him.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

My thoughts exactly. They have been crowing for months how these polls are disastrous, awful....and then now it doesn't really matter, they shrug.  The problem is, national polls are useless, as are polls against nameless opponents to be named later. The poll they talked about by the AP of counties that switched from Obama to Trump, or huge gains for Trump over Romney - show that a plurality of voters there think the country is the same or better under Trump. THAT is a result that is interesting, and alarming.

Kornacki should be on this show more. Replace Barnicle with him.

I wonder why they didn't bother to do in depth coverage of the Virginia race this fall. 

They spent more time on Charlottesville & the statues in the summer but completely ignore this election.

• Love 1

The show is fun this morning.  Lots of interesting folks.  I bought 2 books!
Although I hate Joe muttering and mumbling as Mika reads the news then interrupts her, "ENOUGH! I'm bored with this stop."  Rude AF

• Love 5

Leary should stick with ripping off Bill Hicks, and stay out of the political commentary business. The fact that people hated Trump and Hillary doesn’t mean that partisanship has failed. It just means those two candidates were awful. Middle-of-the-road “third way” triangulation of the past twenty years is what got us in this mess - conservative and moderate Dems kept yielding ground to conservatives thinking that would satisfy them, but they just kept grabbing more ground.

”The Commentary Magazine Roast of Jonah Goldberg” sounds like something that would be playing in the waiting room to hell.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Lokiberry said:

Joe needs to shut the hell up about remembering 1968. He was five. He remembers Romper Room, not Vietnam.

Joe thinks he is the reincarnation of Bobby Kennedy. He frequently mentions books he has read about him. He dresses like him & vacations in Cape Cod.

Mika is his Marilyn Monroe. 

Edited by oakville
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe thinks he is the reincarnation of Bobby Kennedy. He frequently mentions books he has read about him. He dresses like him & vacations in Cape Cod.

Mika is his Marilyn Monroe. 

I can't help but think you're right, Oakville. He's marrying into a politically famous family. He lives in New England, and hobnobs with all the "important" people. I saw Scarborough Country a few times back in the day, and I can vouch for the fact that his hair didn't always look like that. I think he's got some delusions going on.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Lokiberry said:

I can't help but think you're right, Oakville. He's marrying into a politically famous family. He lives in New England, and hobnobs with all the "important" people. I saw Scarborough Country a few times back in the day, and I can vouch for the fact that his hair didn't always look like that. I think he's got some delusions going on.

His hair didn't look like that in the early days of Morning Joe either.

I think another reason for the tall hair is that Mika likes it. In one of the recent interviews they did, they were talking about Mika trying to make his hair look taller.

Edited by cased
typo
  • Love 2

Catching up with yesterday's show. Joe was a big fan of Ed Gillespie but was sad that he embracing some Trumpian policies like respect for Confederate monuments. The Panel was despondent that Gillespie would win the election. Harold Ford Jr was mad about MS 13 & Northam's support for Salvadorian gangs to terrorize the populace. Ford Jr was against gangs & criminals. Confessore was apopletic about Northam's support for sanctuary cities & illegal immigrants. The theme from the panel of "experts" was that the Democrats were doomed.

Tonight's results show Northam winning by about 8 point, much better than the polls etc.

I suspect Joe will open the show saying he was right that about Gillespie being doomed & that he predicted a Democratic win.

It's getting hard to take any of their predictions seriously. I predict Mika & Joe will be extra smug tomorrow & bash Trump.

• Love 3

I think I saw Kasie Hunt clenching her teeth during the "KasieDC" routine today.   And when Scarborough was setting her up for a question (with a 10-minute preamble), you could see it in her face: I just wish he would shut up

• Love 9

Today's headline:  DECENCY FIGHTS BACK - Joe retreats to his 1994 safe space . . . I am so glad to hear of all the good news this morning and that people are going to vote in representatives that actually want to do a good job and not just run from camera to camera.  It's also so great to see Heilemann sitting in Halperin's chair . . . enjoy the day everybody!

millennium, I noticed the same thing about Kasie and also Mika's face.  That was one rambling opening soliloquy by Joe today.

• Love 4

WEDNESDAY RECAP. The Democrats strike back! Joe is in the Bunker & Mika's Neapolitain Ice cream scarf & wine colored top.

Kasie got the ACDC welcome whih is annoying.

Professor Eddie Glaude was on. Heileman & Hyper Axios guy.

Joe said he predicted the win in Virginia at 3 pm yesterday because he found out that women stood in the rain to vote for Northam. It was amazing!. i love Joe's ridiculous anecdotes.

Joe said the win in Virginia is a signal that the GOP will be wiped out in 2018.

His friend from Congress, Lobombo is quitting Congress.

Kasie said Democrats won in the Pennsylvania suburbs.

Eddie is happy that Arican Americans showed up to vote. There are now African Americans in the House of Delegates & Asians, Latinas etc.

The panel is so happy that the Democrats won.

Joe went on and on about recapping history since 1994.

Joe is mad that Trump mentioned his golf course in the speech to Korean assembly.

Joe is mad at plugs after Plugging Ignatious book. Joe said he bought hundreds of books.

Joe said this is the end of Trumpism. Joe admitted that not all democrats support taking down all Confederate statues.

Mika said Charlottsville & Sukphur Springs helped get Democrat voters out.

• Love 6

I'd like to clarify my earlier post.  When I spoke of decency returning, it wasn't directed at any political party.  I was just so thrilled to hear the young man whose fiance was gunned down on live TV won his uphill battle for a VA house seat and will lend a strong voice for sane gun control.  Glad to hear Maine overwhelmingly voted for Medicaid expansion.  Glad to hear a trans-gendered woman not only won but defeated an incumbent.  But most of all, I am glad to hear that the turnout was so much higher than anticipated.  If anything came from last year's elections, I think those that sat it out for whatever reason realized the mistake they made and won't let it happen again.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Glad to hear a trans-gendered woman not only won but defeated an incumbent.  

Not just any incumbent either but someone who prides himself on being a homophobe and whose advertising referred to Danica Roem by male pronouns throughout the campaign.

Scarborough's nose looks bigger this morning, like it's a fake rubber nose.  

• Love 10

Jim Vander Hei admitted that pundits like him are usually wrong about politics. That made me laugh. I wish Mika & Joe showed the same humility. Mika is praising women for voting in the rain!. Perhaps they saw the Know Your Value tour and were excited to vote.

Joe liked that Deblasio changed his policies against the police so he was able to win the election. Joe used to have daily rants against De Blasio but since the Proclamation of Morning Joe day in September, Joe became friendlier.

Why can't Joe show up on set to host his own show.? It's so distracting to have him shouting from the bunker.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, millennium said:

Not just any incumbent either but someone who prides himself on being a homophobe and whose advertising referred to Danica Roem by male pronouns throughout the campaign.

Scarborough's nose looks bigger this morning, like it's a fake rubber nose.  

Joe looks like he's missing a few meds this morning and Prof. Eddie Glaude looks like he found them.  He's very chatty this morning.

When Joe said he and Mika were on the phone with the White House the night Scott Brown won I was like oh c'mon don't harsh my mellow . . . 

• Love 5

That's interesting.  I always respected Donna Brazille.  I guess I was blinded by bias because she's "on my team."  Also it's possible she had always made cogent statements previously.
But wow, she embarrassed herself this morning.  She may very well be an absolute idiot.
She cannot defend nor describe why she attacked Hillary Clinton.  I presume she did this to generate heat for her book.  Super embarrassing.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

That's interesting.  I always respected Donna Brazille.  I guess I was blinded by bias because she's "on my team."  Also it's possible she had always made cogent statements previously.
But wow, she embarrassed herself this morning.  She may very well be an absolute idiot.
She cannot defend nor describe why she attacked Hillary Clinton.  I presume she did this to generate heat for her book.  Super embarrassing.

Donna Brazille seems drunk. Willie had to pull teeth get a straight answer out of her.

• Love 7

Chris Coons got on my nerves this morning.

I really can't listen to a Dem trying to normalize trump.

Joe always correctly predicts the out come of every race months in advance if his "candidate" wins. 

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

Ha.  No evidence of Hillary "rigging" the primary is all the proof Joe needed to claim every step of the way was rigged against Sanders.  You know... the fella who wasn't in the Democratic party.
This just in, Joe Scarborough HATES the Clintons.
Love how earlier in the show, to prove what a pig Trump is by promoting his golf course while addressing South Korea's government, he compared Trump to the Clintons.  Because, apparently the Clintons used their status as celebrities and the most famous people in the world to their advantage after leaving office.  And that is the worst thing in the world.  Says a former public servant using his celebrity to host a TV show and hob nob with the political elite and celebrities and insiders while making $10M+   Clintons evil!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I think I saw Kasie Hunt clenching her teeth during the "KasieDC" routine today.   And when Scarborough was setting her up for a question (with a 10-minute preamble), you could see it in her face: I just wish he would shut up

Pull up a chair, Kaisie.  Welcome to my world.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Lokiberry said:

Donna Brazille seems drunk. Willie had to pull teeth get a straight answer out of her.

She was like that on The View yesterday, too.  Talking very rapidly, stringing together words that made no sense and most certainly didn't answer the question she was asked.  She seems cornered in these interviews because she has no rational answers.  After CNN showed her the door following the  incident of supposedly giving HRC debate questions in advance, my thought is that she wrote this book to generate money; tried to make it as controversial as possible to amp up sales; never figured on the backlash she's getting now from everybody on the left - and that includes me.  I always liked her but wow, it surprises the hell out of me that she dished the way she did.  And now she can't talk her way out of her own mess.  JMHO

• Love 12

First, everyone might as well admit that Donna couldn't make it this AM, so Queen Latifah slapped on a grey wig and stood in for her. Man, they have the exact same voice.  Anyway, Donna was back pedaling harder than a Tour de France contestant sliding backwards down an Alp. I think it's shameful and yes, done for the massive PR her book got when it came out.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Joe looks like he's missing a few meds this morning and Prof. Eddie Glaude looks like he found them.  He's very chatty this morning.

When Joe said he and Mika were on the phone with the White House the night Scott Brown won I was like oh c'mon don't harsh my mellow . . . 

No matter what political event occurs in America, Mika & Joe were there offering advice to the winning candidate.!

Kasoe! Made a good point that Democrats have to be careful about running bland Clintonian candidates against Bulldozer Trump in 2018. She thinks the Democrats need Proggesive voters as well.

• Love 3