Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, oakville said:

Oakville, you asked about whether Mika is going forward with her book.  After the first two and half hours, she finally clarified that even though Weinstein was out she still had more demands for information before she makes her final decision.  In other words, she's in.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, scrb said:

How realistic is it to publicly call out a friend or even an acquaintance?

Weinstein is a public figure.  Are the people in his social circle suppose to hold a press conference?

If a good friend of yours was having an affair or sexually harassing women at work, would you tell his wife or report him to his bosses?  Most people would tell each other "it's none of our business."

But the least they could do is distance themselves from that person, if they're not going to report him.

Joe was unfair to Ratner today. He should have warned him that he would "rat him out" about being in his wedding & being personal friends him.

Mika was ridiculous by saying that she always turned down party invitations from Weinstein, & has never met him yet Joe said they did go parties where Weinstein was present.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, scrb said:

How realistic is it to publicly call out a friend or even an acquaintance?

Weinstein is a public figure.  Are the people in his social circle suppose to hold a press conference?

I agree. Meryl Streep came out today with a lengthly rebuke against Weinstein and probably others will too, but I guess that wasn't speedy enough for hysterical Mika and Joe. I think Mika just loved connecting her Know Your Worth stuff with the Weinstein scandal and oh my, she's so brave to cancel her book deal. Yuck.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 10

Jeez, these two. She upped the ante with her publisher, resignation (her original ultimatum) be damned. Methinks Joe and Mika are convinced that her threat turned the tide re Weinstein. They were positively giddy when they returned for the last hour because Meryl Streep tweeted during their "break" and, doncha know, they had called her out earlier, her and Gwyneth Paltrow. Their tentacles reach into every facet of human endeavor! I forget how Joe worded it during that last hour but he likened Mika to Meryl and Gwyneth in terms of the fame and influence of those making/being called to make Weinstein statements. I don't care for the wardrobe changes, never have, it always seemed hinky and hinting at something. Now that their relationship is confirmed I think the changes of clothing are ooky because my mind goes to "they just knocked one off and raced back to the set."

They were also cute-sy intentionally vague re Mika's current position on the book deal until the third hour. Joe, a few times, said "Mika lost/walked away from a lot of money" - instead of saying "Mika stood to lose a lot of money" or "Mika faced losing a lot of money" (if Weinstein hadn't resigned/been fired, right?). Joe was sorta breathless during the last hour when he opened for Mika's clarification that the book deal was back on - wait for it ... if and when her new conditions are met/her new questions are suitably answered. Power, it corrupts. (Even, maybe especially, imaginary power).

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, suomi said:

Jeez, these two. She upped the ante with her publisher, resignation (her original ultimatum) be damned. Methinks Joe and Mika are convinced that her threat turned the tide re Weinstein. They were positively giddy when they returned for the last hour because Meryl Streep tweeted during their "break" and, doncha know, they had called her out earlier, her and Gwyneth Paltrow. Their tentacles reach into every facet of human endeavor! I forget how Joe worded it during that last hour but he likened Mika to Meryl and Gwyneth in terms of the fame and influence of those making/being called to make Weinstein statements. I don't care for the wardrobe changes, never have, it always seemed hinky and hinting at something. Now that their relationship is confirmed I think the changes of clothing are ooky because my mind goes to "they just knocked one off and raced back to the set."

They were also cute-sy intentionally vague re Mika's current position on the book deal until the third hour. Joe, a few times, said "Mika lost/walked away from a lot of money" - instead of saying "Mika stood to lose a lot of money" or "Mika faced losing a lot of money" (if Weinstein hadn't resigned/been fired, right?). Joe was sorta breathless during the last hour when he opened for Mika's clarification that the book deal was back on - wait for it ... if and when her new conditions are met/her new questions are suitably answered. Power, it corrupts. (Even, maybe especially, imaginary power).

Today is Thanksgiving in Canada. I will be sure to add a blessing at dinner later for Mika & Joe who hold the power players in Hollywood & Washington to account!

Just now, suomi said:

Happy Thanksgiving, oakville :). Eat lots, it's opening day of Eating Season.

Thanks!. We are having Honey Glazed Ham & Pumpkin Pie .

I hope to see Mika & Joe on TV at the baseball game. I hate the Red Sox.

Back to work tomorrow! My recaps will be a bit shorter.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, suomi said:

Yes.  Their tentacles reach into international decision making by world leaders, and now it appears Hollywood.  Too bad their tentacles aren't long enough to reach into their own personal relationship.  Too bad they don't have friends who will keep it real with them about how their relationship comes across onscreen, particularly Joe's bullying, braying and bloviating and Meek-a's chickenshit acceptance of same.  That the words "know your worth" even come out this woman's mouth is simply astounding.

I just can't with these two.

• Love 5

Also, I continue to find David Ignatius just pathetic, the way he prattles on about Trump's "agenda" (as if there were one). He's clinging to this idea that there is some sort of structure and order or strategy in this effed up White House and it is just ludicrous.

These Beltway/Bos-Wash corridor crowd have grown up with complete faith that the "meritocracy" will ultimately prevail and save us all, because they are the product of that meritocracy. Go to the right college and law school, work for respected elected officials, teach at the Woodrow Wilson School or Kennedy School, serve as fellows at the Brookings Institution/Council for Foreign Relations....these are our saviors, this is the recipe for a well-meaning and stable society. And this show is the epitome of the Church of the Meritocracy. They waste their real estate with Establishment hacks like Peggy Noonan, David Ignatius, Richard Haas, Gene Robinson. Trump's election over the gold standard of the Meritocracy (Wellesley, Yale, wife of a President, centrist Secretary of State) is something they can't really digest. That's why they cling to the idea that John Kelly will save us all, the generals will save us all, that Trump will "pivot." These are the people who came all over themselves on the show the morning afterTrump bombed Syria one night because of what an Establishment move it was.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, stormy said:

I was glad Joe called out robotic Pence's ass kissing stunt for what it was.

I enjoyed that segment and appreciated how the panel wondered how many people had 911 emergencies, who weren't able to get help because of the traffic jam caused by Pence's motorcade, etc. That makes this stunt even more despicable because that pursed-lip motherfucker and his boss knew he wasn't going to be there long.  As mentioned, of course, they knew that the players on that particular team were going to take a knee because that was Cap's last team. Not to mention the amount of time the Secret Service had to spend the day before combing the stadium for devices and other security risks--all just so that despicable white-haired motherfucker could stage his stunt with the help of his homely wife.

Yes, I'm going in on the wives, too, because they go along with this shit.  What should have been a crowning moment for Peyton Manning was trashed.  As an aside, I found it interesting that they so readily mentioned Governor Christie's "bridgegate" scandal in that context.  This is the same scandal that Joe and Meek-a sneered about and attempted to minimize when they were singing Christie's praises.

• Love 7

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I felt Mika's self-righteousness was a ploy to leverage an even more lucrative contract with some other publisher.   The way she spoke about her books, as if they are groundbreaking social documents that will revolutionize how women advance their interests in modern society rather than just another celebrity self-help vanity project, was over the top.   She is a woman who sits there every morning and allows her contributions to be steamrolled and frequently dismissed by the pompous baboon at her side.   On the rare occasions he cedes the spotlight to her, he acts like a proud daddy -- isn't she precious, folks?

As a spokesperson for empowering women, Mika has about as much credibility as Harvey Weinstein pontificating about monogamy.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Right. So let's not perpetuate that here by saying it was justifiable for Pence to be offended.

Also, I continue to find David Ignatius just pathetic, the way he prattles on about Trump's "agenda" (as if there were one). He's clinging to this idea that there is some sort of structure and order or strategy in this effed up White House and it is just ludicrous.

Finally, Joe is foolish if he thinks that Corker won't support Trump's tax cuts just because Trump insulted and lied about him. I'm happy that Corker is speaking out and all, but I doubt he's going to be the one to kill the dream of trillion-dollar cuts to Medicaid to fund another trickle-down boondoggle.

I totally agree! Joe is so dumb about Corker voting against tax cuts.

The Pence walkout was carefully orchestrated. Do it in your home town against Colin's former team from "elite" San Francisco.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, millennium said:

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I felt Mika's self-righteousness was a ploy to leverage an even more lucrative contract with some other publisher.   The way she spoke about her books, as if they are groundbreaking social documents that will revolutionize how women advance their interests in modern society rather than just another celebrity self-help vanity project, was over the top.   She is a woman who sits there every morning and allows her contributions to be steamrolled and frequently dismissed by the pompous baboon at her side.   On the rare occasions he cedes the spotlight to her, he acts like a proud daddy -- isn't she precious, folks?

As a spokesperson for empowering women, Mika has about as much credibility as Harvey Weinstein pontificating about monogamy.

Agreed!. I laughed when Mika said she would add a chapter on how to deal with the Harvey Weinstein's of the world.

She used the Trump Twitter attack about her facelift to get the Know Your value book re released.

Now she used the Weinstein scandal to get more publicity & hopefully a better offer from a rival publisher.

It's quite a smart business move. Pretty shady from an ethical point of view.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

These Beltway/Bos-Wash corridor crowd have grown up with complete faith that the "meritocracy" will ultimately prevail and save us all, because they are the product of that meritocracy. Go to the right college and law school, work for respected elected officials, teach at the Woodrow Wilson School or Kennedy School, serve as fellows at the Brookings Institution/Council for Foreign Relations....these are our saviors, this is the recipe for a well-meaning and stable society. And this show is the epitome of the Church of the Meritocracy. They waste their real estate with Establishment hacks like Peggy Noonan, David Ignatius, Richard Haas, Gene Robinson. Trump's election over the gold standard of the Meritocracy (Wellesley, Yale, wife of a President, centrist Secretary of State) is something they can't really digest. That's why they cling to the idea that John Kelly will save us all, the generals will save us all, that Trump will "pivot." These are the people who came all over themselves on the show the morning afterTrump bombed Syria one night because of what an Establishment move it was.

The show used to have more segments without Establishment types on. I guess they are easier to book than "out of the box" guests. It's possible that Mika & Joe believed that Trump was acting up during the campaign but would "pivot" back to normal after being elected.

• Love 2

God, I can't stand Meeka.  Can't stand her.  Like she would let anything stand in the way of her book being published.  I agree with points made above...she is using this whole Weinstein thing as a publicity tool for herself. She is a selfish, entitled, clueless snob who wouldn't know her value if it came up and bit her skinny butt and over-peroxided hair.  And her beady, squinty eyes.  Can't stand her.  She makes Joe the normal one.  At least he has a bit of a sense of humor.  Even though it seems sometimes that they will not renew their contracts...maybe deep down they Know Their Value.  And it is on a low-rated morning tv show.  Can't stand either of them...but she is by far the worst of the two.

And I surely do wish they would get some new guests on.  Love Gene Robinson but am tired of him and some of the others.  If you want to look at a panel full of entitlement, look no further than MJ.  Barnicle? When was he last relevant?  Donny D?  He is ok sometimes, but there is always a sense of smarminess about him.  Willy?  He seems bored to tears most of the time and really adds nothing.  Joe is about the only male on there who seems to have a pulse.  They never have a lot of women on...and the ones they do have are usually same old same old.  Peggy Saint Reagan? Again...when was she last relevant?  Elise Jordan?  Am surprised she is on as much as she is considering she is blonde and attractive.  It is bad when I look forward to hearing from Steve Schmidt and David Frum.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is calling out Gwyneth Paltrow, Meryl Streep & Hillary Clinton for not attacking Weinstein.

I would tread very lightly on this subject if I were you, Joe.  You kissed Donald Trump's ass six ways to Sunday.  And your ire has only been on display because of the heinous way he runs his Administration.  Don't hear you talking about his treatment of women. 

BTW Meryl Streep did call him out this morning.

Not everyone has a tv show to spend three hours  screaming about their new enemy.   Are you keeping a list of everyone who attacked Ailes & O'Reilly?   Do you keep that written down in your trapper keeper or is it all in your head?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Kenz said:

I agree. Meryl Streep came out today with a lengthly rebuke against Weinstein and probably others will too, but I guess that wasn't speedy enough for hysterical Mika and Joe. I think Mika just loved connecting her Know Your Worth stuff with the Weinstein scandal and oh my, she's so brave to cancel her book deal. Yuck.

Exactly and this is why I have such a problem with the show today.  I just snagged this off of Joe's (please note not Mika's) Twitter feed from the Hollwood Reporter about her book.  Again, it doesn't state specifically that she cancelled the deal, just adds a couple more days onto her own personal news cycle (which unfortunately I am participating in)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mika-brzezinskis-weinstein-book-deal-is-still-his-firing-1046939?utm_source=twitter.

• Love 2

I felt sorry for the panelists today as I felt they were coached/threatened into supporting a certain narrative.  It was one of the most dysfunctional shows I have seen since Trump was elected.  I think if they had stronger, fresher (forgive me as I hate that word probably more than you do) guests on I think it would make the show better.  In that vein, I nominate Charlie Pierce for the left, Rick Wilson for the right, Russell Brand as he and Mika had the best interview ever and in the spirit of Fox News having the gall to invite O'Reilly back on their airwaves, I say it's time for MSNBC to bring back Keith Olbermann . . . yep, that should liven up the morning nicely . . . :) 

Oakville I meant to ask you earlier how you were feeling, so glad you are on the mend and back to work tomorrow!

• Love 5

and while I'm being critical of Mika today, I'm sorry but I think she -- and the show -- trade off her father's reputation way more than anybody should.  

I wouldn't know who the heck her father was if not for this show touting him at every possible opportunity.   I get that he was respected in his field, but so are a lot of people.   

7 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I say it's time for MSNBC to bring back Keith Olbermann . . . yep, that should liven up the morning nicely . . . :) 

I can't believe Olbermann is still stranded on the fringes given everything that's happening these days.   

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, millennium said:

and while I'm being critical of Mika today, I'm sorry but I think she -- and the show -- trade off her father's reputation way more than anybody should.  

I wouldn't know who the heck her father was if not for this show touting him at every possible opportunity.   I get that he was respected in his field, but so are a lot of people.   

I can't believe Olbermann is still stranded on the fringes given everything that's happening these days.   

I wouldn't be surprised if MSNBC wouldn't consider bringing Olbermann back but oy that temper of his . . . brilliant guy but nearly impossible to work with.  I enjoy his Twitter feeds I get my 10-20 minutes of Keith every day.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Hmm Joe, why not call out Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Quentin Tarantino? Always the women's fault.

Don't forget Russell Crowe. He and Matt apparently pressured a woman who was working for the NYT in the mid 2000's who tried to do a story on Weinstein back then. Apparently Weinstein even went to the NYT offices at that time to express his "displeasure" and the paper caved because of how much $$$ he spent with them for ads and etc....

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Russell Brand as he and Mika had the best interview ever 

Brand was on Bill Maher last Friday. He's okay in small doses but he is so manic it was really hard to watch after a while.  Then he mentioned he never votes and Maher totally lost his shit. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Brand was on Bill Maher last Friday. He's okay in small doses but he is so manic it was really hard to watch after a while.  Then he mentioned he never votes and Maher totally lost his shit. 

Anytime Bill Maher (Bill Maher!) has to ask what you were like when you were still getting high, then you might want to tone it down and slow your roll.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Agreed a little of Brand goes a long way but I figure 5-6 minutes of him would be enough to sufficiently scare MiJo off the set and let real adults run the important early morning show like Ali Velshi and Stephanie Ruhle and then we could have some substantive, thought provoking conversation with well prepared hosts (although I would miss the wardrobe changes).

• Love 1

As Joe and Mika maybe a little behind in building their agenda for their show tomorrow, I would like to lend them a hand if I may:

• Read aloud the email from Weinstein groveling for help from those that once enabled him (funny as he is not so scary once the gig is up).
  • Discussion surrounding Stephen Miller:  WH Speechwriter or HS Girls track team teammate wannabe?  As he is Joe's favorite, this could be a good segment.
  • Who's the real First Lady, Ivana or Melania as there are shots fired on that front.
  • And of course continued outrage from Mijo and maybe if we're lucky another wardrobe change.
Edited by Chloesmom
Phrasing/spelling
  • Love 2

So, Harvey Weinstein used a casting couch in Hollywood, and it's Hillary Clinton's fault, and Mika is the hero?  I could not follow their manic nonsense this morning about her books and publishers and giving up so much money but it was an easy decision.  What the fuckity fuck were they going on about?
Rattner and Katty looked like prisoners this morning.  Does Joe do blow?  Because he seemed out of his damn mind this morning.

How is it Ben Affleck's or Hillary Clinton's fault that some dude used his immense wealth and incalculable power to pressure women and harass them?   So Ben Affleck or Ashley Judd should have said one morning, "Welp, today I'm going to probably throw away my 25 year career, and get sued for every penny my grandchildren's grandchildren will have ever earned, to accuse some dude of something I heard a rumor over."   Cute how it's Hillary's fault, again, while the President is a disgusting pig who's on his 3rd wife, cheated on them all, and has paid off double digit harassment suits.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 15

Sorry about Mika/MJ rant earlier...I have ranted the same thing before, I think.  Same. Thing.  The show never changes.

And also sorry, but I could care less about Weinstein.  He is apparently a pig....so might some tv hosts be pigs.  As bad as Weinstein appears to be.I don't think the story merited the attention that a morning political show gave it.  I know, just me.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sorry about Mika/MJ rant earlier...I have ranted the same thing before, I think.  Same. Thing.  The show never changes.

And also sorry, but I could care less about Weinstein.  He is apparently a pig....so might some tv hosts be pigs.  As bad as Weinstein appears to be.I don't think the story merited the attention that a morning political show gave it.  I know, just me.

Kemper I feel the same way as it was me that started this whole rant very early this morning and haven't let up all day so today's festivities is clearly on me.  I should have waited like Oakville always does to collect my thoughts and present them in a more sane format (now I know why you wait to send a recap!).  I know there are posters that like to visit this thread that enjoy the show and clearly today I ruined their experience and I apologize for that.  My views haven't changed but I shouldn't have snarked nearly as much as I did.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

So, Harvey Weinstein used a casting couch in Hollywood, and it's Hillary Clinton's fault, and Mika is the hero?  I could not follow their manic nonsense this morning about her books and publishers and giving up so much money but it was an easy decision.  What the fuckity fuck were they going on about?
Rattner and Katty looked like prisoners this morning.  Does Joe do blow?  Because he seemed out of his damn mind this morning.

How is it Ben Affleck's or Hillary Clinton's fault that some dude used his immense wealth and incalculable power to pressure women and harass them?   So Ben Affleck or Ashley Judd should have said one morning, "Welp, today I'm going to probably throw away my 25 year career, and get sued for every penny my grandchildren's grandchildren will have ever earned, to accuse some dude of something I heard a rumor over."   Cute how it's Hillary's fault, again, while the President is a disgusting pig who's on his 3rd wife, cheated on them all, and has paid off double digit harassment suits.

When did it become every famous person's responsibility to "say something" about the controversy of the day?   In the world I grew up in, it was BAD FORM to kick a person when they're down, regardless of why they were down.   To use another's downfall as an opportunity to feed your self-righteousness was seen as grandstanding.   Has our society already become so dependent on the idiocy that is Twitter that reserving one's own opinion or failing to pile on the misery of another human is now considered a sin of omission?  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I felt sorry for the panelists today as I felt they were coached/threatened into supporting a certain narrative.  It was one of the most dysfunctional shows I have seen since Trump was elected.  I think if they had stronger, fresher (forgive me as I hate that word probably more than you do) guests on I think it would make the show better.  In that vein, I nominate Charlie Pierce for the left, Rick Wilson for the right, Russell Brand as he and Mika had the best interview ever and in the spirit of Fox News having the gall to invite O'Reilly back on their airwaves, I say it's time for MSNBC to bring back Keith Olbermann . . . yep, that should liven up the morning nicely . . . :) 

Oakville I meant to ask you earlier how you were feeling, so glad you are on the mend and back to work tomorrow!

Thanks for asking!. I am fully recovered & ready to go back to work. I watched too much Cable News TV while recovering which raised my blood pressure:)

There is something fishy about Mika & Joe's co ordinated attack on Weinstein today. The news came out on Thursday. Mika & Joe did not cover the story until 8:56 am Friday. They didn't say much then. Did they wait to discuss the story with her lawyers to see if she could get out of the book deal? Mika & Joe's interview with Weinstein in April 2016 is on YouTube. They were friendly with him.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, millennium said:

You should check out the classic fight on You Tube between Joe & Keith in 2008 at the RNC convention. Keith was more popular than Joe back then @ MSNBC & told Joe to stop digging BS about the GOP . Joe exploded at him. It was so funny.

I knew who Mika's dad was because I graduated from the same university as him ( McGill). Dr Z  was a distinguished alumni.

I have been watching these Sunday political shows since the 1980's & Mika's dad was a regular guest on them.

I was pretty surprised how little Mika knew about world affairs since I started watching her on Morning Joe.

It's a bit strange that Keith ex girlfriend Katy Tur is a rising star at MSNBC & Olbermann can't seem to hold a job in cable news.

He would be pretty mad at Trump being elected President.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Kemper I feel the same way as it was me that started this whole rant very early this morning and haven't let up all day so today's festivities is clearly on me.  I should have waited like Oakville always does to collect my thoughts and present them in a more sane format (now I know why you wait to send a recap!).  I know there are posters that like to visit this thread that enjoy the show and clearly today I ruined their experience and I apologize for that.  My views haven't changed but I shouldn't have snarked nearly as much as I did.

I slept in a bit today:) It's Thanksgiving in Canada. I wouldn't worry about your rant. This forum is good for ranting.

• Love 5

Oakville, my beloved Mr. Olbermann has been given many chances on television (network/cable/sports/news networks) and has managed to inflame/get fired from each and every one.  He will always be my fave rave as he is fierce, prepared and lightning focused but also impossible with upper management.  For me, I am grateful to see him every day on Twitter.  It ain't much but it's better than no Keith at all . . . :)

Good thoughts to you on your return to work tomorrow!

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oakville, my beloved Mr. Olbermann has been given many chances on television (network/cable/sports/news networks) and has managed to inflame/get fired from each and every one.  He will always be my fave rave as he is fierce, prepared and lightning focused but also impossible with upper management.  For me, I am grateful to see him every day on Twitter.  It ain't much but it's better than no Keith at all . . . :)

Good thoughts to you on your return to work tomorrow!

I don't do Twitter, so I couldn't say what Keith's up to there, but I do follow this religiously:

Keith Olbermann - The Resistance

• Love 5

Tuesday Recap. Joe is in the bunker. Mika is off. Heidi is in Washington. Willie is in the studio. Haas is in another studio. Carol Lee is in a Library. Eugene is in another studio.

Joe is mad at Trump for not getting along with GOP Senators. They could rebel against him.

Joe is mad at Bannon for being a dime star populist who only wears 6 shirts.

He doesn't have a collection of fleece like Joe.

Bannon is supported by the wealthy Mercer family. They are not populists.

Joe is mad at the Las Vegas police Department for changing the time line. The security guard was shoy 6 minutes before the shooting. He could have alerted the police to the room number and stopped the masscre.

Communications did not work.

There are fires in Wine country.It's bad & people are dying.

Joe mocked Lindsey Graham for playing golf with Trump. Trump shot a 73 in windy conditions. Joe did not believe that score.

Joe is mad at Harvey Weinstein. Celebrities are coming forward now but its too late.

Joe said that Weistein used to have power to get Damon & Crowe to force the NY Times to drop the story in 2004 because he was advertising in the NY Times.

Joe said Weinstein has less power now because of Facebook & Google.

Joe went after Lorne Michaels at NBC. Joe attacked Weekend Update for being anti Trump but forgetting to go after Weinstein.

Joe has yet to complain about the Red Sox.

Mika is writing important articles on NBCNews.com

Joe said there will be a civil war in the GOP.

A professor from Alabama came on to discuss Facebook ads from Russians. Technology is ahead of campaign law.

Joe said Roll Tide

• Love 3

I forget the third one. This could be a moneymaker!

"I have a great brain."

Happy Thanksgiving, oakville

You Canadians (sneer font) aren't even willing to share a simple holiday with the US. Have fun, take your $2.00 good meds before dinner and did you save any of your free post-surgery cookies to eat for dessert?? (I kid...I kid because I love)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4

Olbermann is hyperbolic to the point of caricature.  His earnest bloviating is... a lot.  Although I find him endlessly entertaining.  Don't worry about him, he's a millionaire many times over just from his ESPN days. 

20 minutes ago, oakville said:

A professor from Alabama came on to discuss Facebook ads from Russians

Ugh.  Buying ads is meaningless.  You need a moronic voter base to click the ad, go to the utterly fake news site, and believe the fake news.  Placing ads is meaningless.  Appealing to stupids is the key.  The US needs less stupid people.

22 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe attacked Weekend Update for being anti Trump but forgetting to go after Weinstein.

I can't even.  Because some greaseball studio head = POTUS.  This personal fixation with Weinstein is bizarre.  I would be shocked if heads of studios WEREN'T manipulating their positions to have sex with or offer sex with unwilling women or men.  It's at once unfortunate for those involved and it's the tiredest stereotype in the Hollywood catalog.   Additionally, Weinstein's donations and activism helped his own demise.  He donated millions to the groups working to bring an end to this behavior and spread equality.  He's caught.  It's over. 
Why does the left wing have to wring their hands and self flaggelate when "one of their own" is a dirtbag?  Sex, fetishes, perverse behavior is commonly ubiquitous across the political spectrum.  Save for Mike Pence and Mother.  Barf.

OMG... "Let's take an IQ test and see who's smarter."  Morning Joe Brand T Shirts

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

I can't even.  Because some greaseball studio head = POTUS.  This personal fixation with Weinstein is bizarre.  I would be shocked if heads of studios WEREN'T manipulating their positions to have sex with or offer sex with unwilling women or men.  It's at once unfortunate for those involved and it's the tiredest stereotype in the Hollywood catalog.   Additionally, Weinstein's donations and activism helped his own demise.  He donated millions to the groups working to bring an end to this behavior and spread equality.  He's caught.  It's over. 
Why does the left wing have to wring their hands and self flaggelate when "one of their own" is a dirtbag?  Sex, fetishes, perverse behavior is commonly ubiquitous across the political spectrum.  Save for Mike Pence and Mother.  Barf.

Hollywood is abandoning Harvey like rats off a sinking ship.  Weinstein Cos haven't had a solid megahit/Oscar in years, and there has been a lot of turmoil at the company. I guarantee if he was still churning out hits like 10-15 years ago, somebody would have killed this story.  It is pathetic that he used Damon & Crowe to kill it last time.  And they went along with it. assholes. 

I was thinking Mika stayed home today because she got blasted all over twitter and the internet for her bullshit hysteria yesterday. 

• Love 4

Was Mika invited to Genway Park with Joe's kids?

Maybe Mika got mad at Joe because he was happy about the Star Wars trailer?

Mika hates Star Wars & has rejected Joe's plan for a Star Wars themed wedding.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, oakville said:

Maybe Mika got mad at Joe because he was happy about the Star Wars trailer?

Mika can kiss my ass. The new Star Wars trailer is fucking amazing.  

Joe tweeted Mika's column, and Jim Acosta at CNN replied "Mika knew all about this and kept quiet like everyone else". 

OH. IT. IS. ON. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6

I give Joe credit for calling out the real reason why Bannon says that only Ted Cruz is safe from his campaign to challenge most of the GOP incumbent senators. As Joe pointed out, this isn't about Bannon - it's about the Mercer family and Cambridge Analytica. The Mercers were fully behind Cruz last year until it became clear that Trump was going to be the nominee. Then they went to Trump with Bannon and Kelly Anne and took over his dopey campaign. Bannon is just the front man. The Mercers may even be worse than the Kochs (they are certainly crazier....the Mercer father funds scientific studies into the benefits of stockpiling urine. Not making that up.) Jane Mayer wrote an excellent expose of the Mercers in the New Yorker in the spring that is a must-read. 

• Love 5

Let's take an IQ test and see who's smarter."

Tonight!!! On Jeopardy!!

Joe is mad at the Las Vegas police Department for changing the time line. The security guard was shoy 6 minutes before the shooting. He could have alerted the police to the room number and stopped the masscre.

So now Joe's a SWAT team member and expert on responding to mass shooting events.   STFU you jack ass.  You go off the rails if someone disagrees with you on this cluster fuck you call a cable news show. I'm REAL sure you know just how to handle finding a man in a 43 floor hotel firing an automatic weapon at a crowd below, as people are running and screaming and all hell is breaking loose. 

You make me sick. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

"I have a great brain."

Thank you! How did I forget this one?

A Star Wars-themed wedding. Oh, my! Mika could be Princess Leia. Joe could be Han Solo. I guess Barnacle would be Yoda. Willie as Chewbacca?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

I give Joe credit for calling out the real reason why Bannon says that only Ted Cruz is safe from his campaign to challenge most of the GOP incumbent senators. As Joe pointed out, this isn't about Bannon - it's about the Mercer family and Cambridge Analytica. The Mercers were fully behind Cruz last year until it became clear that Trump was going to be the nominee. Then they went to Trump with Bannon and Kelly Anne and took over his dopey campaign. Bannon is just the front man. The Mercers may even be worse than the Kochs (they are certainly crazier....the Mercer father funds scientific studies into the benefits of stockpiling urine. Not making that up.) Jane Mayer wrote an excellent expose of the Mercers in the New Yorker in the spring that is a must-read. 

Remember when the Kochs funded an interview with Mika & Joe somewhere out west. The Lochs got a very favorable interview with Mika & Joe.

• Love 2