Type keyword(s) to search

The Americans in the Media

And The Hollywood Reporter discusses what they call the "big snubs" from the Emmys last night, as far as shows being unable to convert major nominations into wins. Of course, they include the show among those which didn't do it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/emmy-2016-snubs-house-cards-930606?utm_source=twitter

There's a pic of Matthew & Keri on the Emmys Red Carpet at this page, which also links you to the above article.

https://mobile.twitter.com/THR/status/777813995755626496?p=v

Edited by BW Manilowe
Move some changed info to a new paragraph; add a link.
  • Love 1

I love this show and I just watched a movie Keri was in with Edward Norton called Leaves of Grass. I loved that movie. It was a comedy but it almost made me weep to see how gorgeous Keri was in that movie and I got to thinking that I wasn't the man who married her. I can't imagine any man having that much happiness. Leaves of Grass won't appeal to everyone. It pokes a lot of fun at "red neck" humor and deals with Marijuana cultivation. But true admirers of Keri Russel will melt at how cute she is in this movie.

I see that many people here are angered by the paps following them around. But I feel proud of them - proud of the fact that they do this TV show that most people think of as just a "little show" (but I think it's one of the three best shows on TV). To think that paps would follow them around taking pictures when all they are presently working on is just this "little show" makes me feel like they are terrific talents and terrific people that warrant paps. Just as long as the paps aren't getting in their way or bothering them, I don't feel angered by that behavior.

On 2016-06-12 at 4:37 PM, ebk57 said:

FYI, I've read that Keri Russell will be introducing the Waitress number at the Tonys tonight.

That could be appropriate considering she portrayed the "Waitress" character in her 2007 movie "The Waitress".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473308/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_16

I didn't think it was a very good movie. It was kind of sweet in places. But for some reason, the whole thing just never succeeded in carrying a coherent plot. It was a kind of silly movie. Keri could have done much better than this film.

• Love 1

Is that the same as the 92nd St. Y panel with the same participants?  Because I just watched that, and it's great.  But as I noted in the YouTube comments, it's bizarre to me what Keri Russell does with her hands in front of people while she's talking.  But it seems like she's not even really aware of it.  See what I mean here (it's the 1:01:11 mark if the link doesn't take you to that point), but then rewind and watch from the beginning if you haven't seen it.

On 11/25/2016 at 2:28 PM, King of Birds said:

Thanks for that link/ video. What a terrific interview. Cannot wait til this comes back - we talked about the show during Thanksgiving, I mentioned "being thankful for The Americans."

That is AWESOME that The Americans made it into what you are thankful for on Thanksgiving!!! 

On 11/24/2016 at 5:42 AM, SlackerInc said:

Is that the same as the 92nd St. Y panel with the same participants?  Because I just watched that, and it's great.  But as I noted in the YouTube comments, it's bizarre to me what Keri Russell does with her hands in front of people while she's talking.  But it seems like she's not even really aware of it.  See what I mean here (it's the 1:01:11 mark if the link doesn't take you to that point), but then rewind and watch from the beginning if you haven't seen it.

I wonder if they talk in front of others so often when acting on the show or being interviewed that playing with their hair and rubbing their face becomes normal.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, crgirl412 said:

I wonder if they talk in front of others so often when acting on the show or being interviewed that playing with their hair and rubbing their face becomes normal.   

That makes sense on one level (definitely shows a lack of self-consciousness, to an extreme), except I don't remember her character doing that.

• Love 1
On 11/27/2016 at 2:29 PM, SlackerInc said:

That makes sense on one level (definitely shows a lack of self-consciousness, to an extreme), except I don't remember her character doing that.

I just meant all actors in general not KR on The Americans.  I should've clarified that. 

• Love 1

I CANNOT find the the S5 premier date!!! 

I have to fill out my March work schedule soon and I have to know when it starts!!  The nights it's on I always seem to work late and when I work night shift, something happens and I'm still passing meds or something goes off the rails so I'm unable to take my computer on wheels by an empty room or deeply sleeping patient, and chart my patient assessments while watching/listening. 

Clearly, I need to take off on Wednesdays. 

6 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Afaik, there is no premiere date yet.

I gave you a "Like" for replying but not the answer itself! 

WHAT ARE THEY DOING AT FX????   Yes, I'm shouting!!  

We know months in advance when the Real Housewives of Anywhere are starting!!

The agony of waiting to see when bad wigs, senseless killings and questionable home decor is coming back to my tv is getting really old!    

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Just read it. Tuesday, March 7th. (So it's on Tuesdays now, I guess.)

THANK YOU!!! 

I didn't fill out my schedule yet and I would have been really annoyed if I took all Wednesdays off already!!  

I am sure this show will get a ton of Emmy love in it's final season.

On 10/1/2016 at 11:45 AM, AliShibaz said:

I love this show and I just watched a movie Keri was in with Edward Norton called Leaves of Grass. I loved that movie. It was a comedy but it almost made me weep to see how gorgeous Keri was in that movie and I got to thinking that I wasn't the man who married her. I can't imagine any man having that much happiness. Leaves of Grass won't appeal to everyone. It pokes a lot of fun at "red neck" humor and deals with Marijuana cultivation. But true admirers of Keri Russel will melt at how cute she is in this movie.

I thought I was the only person in the world to see that movie and she was good in it.

I am a couple of years younger then her and I remember her as as a stunning teenager with curly hair ( I have hair like that, so it was a nice change).  I am so glad she has grown into such a talented actress.

From the ew.com link:

An official synopsis for the forthcoming season teases escalations — of passion, between Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth (Keri Russell); of politics, between Russia and the United States in the growing Cold War; and of the threats posed by young love, as Paige continues to invest in her romance with Matthew (Danny Flaherty), the son of Stan (Noah Emmerich). Also, Henry is there.

"Also, Henry is there." Laughing here. Poor kid.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

TV Guide says Amazon Prime will get S4 on February 15th. I thought they already had it?

My experience with Justified and The Americans has been that FX releases a season to Amazon Prime just before the next season begins airing.

1 hour ago, Inquisitionist said:

My experience with Justified and The Americans has been that FX releases a season to Amazon Prime just before the next season begins airing.

Someone in the "How to Legally Watch Stuff by Other Methods" thread (not the actual thread name, but close) said Amazon Prime already has S4 for downloading (at, like, $3 per ep, they said), so this is apparently the date when S4 can be streamed on Amazon Prime. But I'm pretty sure you can only do that, or individual ep/season downloads, if you're an Amazon Prime member.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a couple of commas I missed. Then to rewrite the last sentence because the punctuation was really screwed up.

Season 4 was available for purchase to download or stream on Amazon as it originally aired, generally within eight hours of the weekly broadcast, just as it is on iTunes. I haven't had cable for years now, so this is my (legal) option for watching shows on FX, AMC, and the like during their seasons. You do not need to be an Amazon Prime subscriber to purchase episodes/seasons of TV in-season. Things only become available to stream with Amazon Prime membership when they are released on video (streaming services/DVD) generally, same as Netfix, which for TV is usually not long before the next season begins airing.

Things only become available to stream with Amazon Prime membership when they are released on video (streaming services/DVD) generally, same as Netfix, which for TV is usually not long before the next season begins airing.

Yes, this was my point.  I'm a Prime subscriber.  I DVR and watch the episodes as they air, and generally delete them when I know they're close to being made available through Prime.  If something costs you $X per episode to download then it's not included with Prime -- which gives one access to a video library for a monthly/yearly fee -- it's simply part of Amazon Video.

• Love 1

Well FX does want to make money off DVD sales.  Its an old model but still one that plenty of people use.   The same thing with Netflix.   Often the previous season doesn't become available for streaming until the current season starts airing on tv.   I think its how Networks try and make sure they keep too many people from cutting the cord.     Season 4 will probably become available  for Prime subscribers around the time Season 5 starts on FX  (maybe a week or two earlier depending on the deal Amazon made with FX).  

Edited by Chaos Theory
26 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Well FX does want to make money off DVD sales.  Its an old model but still one that plenty of people use.   The same thing with Netflix.   Often the previous season doesn't become available for streaming until the current season starts airing on tv.   I think its how Networks try and make sure they keep too many people from cutting the cord.     Season 4 will probably become available  for Prime subscribers around the time Season 5 starts on FX  (maybe a week or two earlier depending on the deal Amazon made with FX).  

As I posted upthread, Amazon Prime gets S4 for streaming on February 15th (they already have it for downloading). S5 premieres on FX, & the S4 DVDs come out, on March 7th.

• Love 1