Type keyword(s) to search

Sleepy Hollow in the Media

We’ve reached out to 20th Century Fox representatives and confirmed.

Unfortunately, due to production beginning early on the new season, SLEEPY HOLLOW had to release their panel time!

That’s unfortunate news for fans of the series, especially considering last year had a huge presence for the show, with an added offsite over in Petco’s Interactive Zone. On the bright side, it means the cast and crew is busy creating season three.

Was nobody troubled by the optics of having a meet and  greet in the Petco Interactive Zone?

(edited)

Was nobody troubled by the optics of having a meet and  greet in the Petco Interactive Zone?

Why would that be bad?

[Petco owns the local baseball park, as well as several other buildings, all near the convention center.  So having a "meet and greet" there would have nothing to do with pets...]

Edited by jhlipton

Since there's no actual pet tie in, my first reaction was that they were pretty much asking for people to say that the show was a dog. I"m sure it's just me.

I'm sad. I'm going to Comic Con and was really looking forward to the SH panel. I wanted to cheer on the show turning the ship around and hear what the new runners have to say. Most of all, I wanted to applaud Mison, Beharie, and Greenwood. Well, hopefully, the absence will be worth it if it helps production.

While waiting for the show to come back, I'm looking for other things to watch. I saw the first episode of KillJoys. The lead female is the boss and badass and seems to have a lovely, caring friendship with her male sidekick. The pilot introduced the sidekick's brother and he seem a bit of an alpha douche so far, but I'm still excited to see how it goes. We need more badass women on tv like our Abbie Mills.

(edited)

Looks like Orlando Jones is going to be at SDCC 2015 - as a judge!

11:05am  Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival Awards
The films have been shown, now it's time to award the recipients of the 2015 Comic-Con Independent Film Festival with their trophies and recognition! Comic-Con's Adam Neese talks to this year's trio of judges, director Dan Sachar (director of last year's CCI:IFF Judges' Choice award for Last of You), director/writer/actor Letia Clouston (In the Dark, AB Negative), and actor/writer/producer Orlando Jones (Sleepy Hollow, Bedazzled, MADtv) about the films and presents prizes and trophies to the winners.

Sunday July 12, 2015 11:05am - 11:55am
Grand Ballroom D, Manchester Grand Hyatt

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/sunday

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Hmm... I am sad there won't be a panel, and slightly worried because with a start in October they shouldn't be under pressure at the beginning of July. I mean they started early last year too (they had at least shot up to episode 5 by SDCC) and the premiere was September 23(?). I hope this is a sign of them working hard and not a sign of trouble.

Sigh

Edited by fantique
(edited)

Diana Devilish ‏@Anjis_Devil · Jul 5

@TheOrlandoJones So are you guys filming Sleepy Hollow just now? And are you the lead now? #seriousOrlandoisstrange

0 retweets 1 favorite

 Reply

 Retweet

 Favorite 1

 More

Orlando Jones ‏@TheOrlandoJones · Jul 5

@Anjis_Devil Not on the show anymore.

1 retweet 1 favorite

 Reply

 Retweet 1

 Favorite 1

 More

@TheOrlandoJones but seriously, is that true?! I was just watching it for you! #imthebestlookingtranvestiteyouveeverseen

0 retweets 1 favorite

 Reply

 Retweet

 Favorite 1

 More

Orlando Jones ‏@TheOrlandoJones · Jul 5

@Anjis_Devil http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/sleepy-hollow-season-3-orlando-jones-leaving-exits-frank-irving-1201486791/

0 retweets 1 favorite

 Reply

 Retweet

 Favorite 1

 More

@TheOrlandoJones whoa! I'm very unhappy! Your choice or budget cuts? And also: you're no even dead!! Now I'm like: fudge that show!

0 retweets 0 favorites

 Reply

 Retweet

 Favorite

 More

 Follow

Orlando JonesVerified account

‏@TheOrlandoJones @Anjis_Devil Not my choice

Retweets

Favorites

gemi Trace Vining Katrina Bre Sleepy Hollow Addict LeftenantMills Joyce Williams Deb Kuʻupuaonaona Eboni Juanita Govan

12:00 PM - 5 Jul 2015

 Reply

 Retweet

 Favorite

 More

Sorry, it didn't copy/paste right. This is from The Orlando Jones' twitter July 5. That does it. I'm history. And I won't be watching when S3 starts.

Edited by DJG1122

Let me see if I can get this right...

Diana Devilish ‏@Anjis_Devil • Jul 5
@TheOrlandoJones So are you guys filming Sleepy Hollow just now? And are you the lead now? #seriousOrlandoisstrange

Orlando Jones ‏@TheOrlandoJones • Jul 5

@TheOrlandoJones but seriously, is that true?! I was just watching it for you! #imthebestlookingtranvestiteyouveeverseen

@A…njis_Devil http://variety.com/2...ing-1201486791/

@TheOrlandoJones whoa! I'm very unhappy! Your choice or budget cuts? And also: you're no even dead!! Now I'm like: fudge that show!

Orlando Jones ‏@TheOrlandoJones

@Anjis_Devil Not my choice

Italics are from Diana Devilish; Bold are from Orlando.

(edited)

Let me see if I can get this right...

@A…njis_Devil http://variety.com/2...ing-1201486791/

Thanks, jhlipton. Couldn't get it to work right.

Orlando Jones ‏@TheOrlandoJones

Italics are from Diana Devilish; Bold are from Orlando.

Edited by DJG1122
Orlando Jones ‏@TheOrlandoJones

Yeah, I read that a couple days ago.

I would love to know what the justification was? Too much trolling over how season 2 was a mess? Goffman still has some underhanded influence and knows people, and took some revenge before he left or even after he left? Or it's very possible they decided that there was nothing else to explore with Irving. No idea.

We really, really need a tell all book, I tell you. Orlando, get on it!!

Tweet from Metzner:

M. Raven Metzner ‏@mraven257 9h9 hours ago

Dear Sleepyheads, sorry for radio silence. been busy writing SH 302 while @MagicBranch has been scribing SH 301. Pumped! @SleepyHollowFOX

Damn...I really thought they started filming in May. I wonder if this is actually true. If so, it might explain why they pulled out of SDCC 2015. Time and also nothing to show. Didn't they say that they were going to show a preview of season 3. But if they are only writing episode 2 now, and episode 1 is still being tweaked/in pre-production or whatever, then they've got nothing. Hmmm...The panel then would just be complaints about season 2 pretty much. Also the season premiere push back by one week.

What the hell were they doing for two months? The writers started back up about two months ago. Hopefully they were world-building and hammering out the entire season's path. This does bode for good. Don't disappoint me, Clifton!

Is there a bit comic con coming up in September. Is it possible that SH will have a presence there and we'll see some good stuff?

(edited)

Why not? (I don't know who Betsy Ross is).

She's credited with making the American Flag. As I recall, Ross briefly  appeared  before.

I do believe a "past" was implied or alluded to with her and Ichy.   My fear is another

situation like Katrina/S2. Where Abby was sidelined and Struggle Witch was Pimped  

to the Tv Gods.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh, I thought she. meant a writer/executive producer named Betsy Ross. Despite (or because of?) my American public school education, I do know who know who the "flag lady" Betsy Ross is.

And I agree. Ichy doesn't need another side piece. Can we get back to the Apocalypse, please? Er, you know what I mean.

Edited by topanga
  • Love 1
(edited)

She's credited with making the American Flag. As I recall, Ross briefly  appeared  before. I do believe a "past" was implied or alluded to with her and Ichy.   My fear is another situation like Katrina/S2. Where Abby was sidelined and Struggle Witch was Pimped to the Tv Gods.

She was (see if any of this sounds familiar) a quaker woman who married to disoblige her family. They're apparently making her a badass spygirl, which she really, really wasn't. Three husbands died on her, and she supported her seven kids with a business which made, among other things, flags for the colonial government. There's only anecdotal evidence that the stars and stripes was one of them.

OTOH, I may be reading way too much into this. She's probably the only colonial woman they think the audience has ever heard of, since it seems improbable he was sleeping with Martha, Abigail or Dolly.

Edited by Julia

Whoa....I thought Orlando left of his own accord ., :( I'm super sad now.  Fine he'll just have to show up on Supernatural. 

POC don't tend to fare well (long term) on that show either. 

That's what I recall, back when I watched the first five seasons.

POC don't tend to fare well (long term) on that show either. 

That's what I recall, back when I watched the first five seasons.

Orlando is a HUGE Supernatural fan. He live tweets the show  and is good friends with Misha Collins. He participated in a Supernatural panel at Asylum 15 in the UK and he's not even on the show. He and Collins even developed a SuperSleepy crossover t-shirt with Irving and Castiel on the front. So make of that what you will. 

There was a joke made in season 1 (second last episode). When they where opening the Reverands gave (the guy in episode one - I forget his name). He said something like they "dated" but she was very "aggressive" and had to hid in closets from her. I don't like this, to be honest. It should have been left as a joke.

She's credited with making the American Flag. As I recall, Ross briefly  appeared  before.I do believe a "past" was implied or alluded to with her and Ichy.   My fear is another situation like Katrina/S2. Where Abby was sidelined and Struggle Witch was Pimped to the Tv Gods.

This is why she should have been left as a joke. Because of a repeat of Pittura Infamate and also more K-wife-type mess. I would like flashbacks to Crane's family (father/mother, does he have siblings?) and to some of the dealings he had back them with regular folk. You don't always need a known name to have a flashback, but this shows seems to think so.

I would also love to see evidence of Crane's existance in the 18th century stumbled upon by Abbie, Jenny and Crane. Anyone remember a movie called Kate & Leopold. Similar in that Huge Jackman's Leopold ended up 100 years in the future, but there was a portrait of him, his old house, and some old trinkets and jewelry he kept that he found in the modern time. I would love to see something like this, him remembering, flashback, then some contemplation. Not Action!BetsyRoss!Barbie.

• Love 3

Whoa....I thought Orlando left of his own accord ., :( I'm super sad now.  Fine he'll just have to show up on Supernatural. 

Do I even bother to watch Season 3. Of course, I will. But I might not stick with it if it's like Season 2

Whoa! Wait a minute. Am I to understand we will have a kickass Betsy Ross along with a kickass Abbie and a kickass Jenny? Instead of McMillan and Wife, we're going to get Ichabod's Angels?????(snort)

• Love 1

I think I'll just wait and watch the show before I pass judgment about Betsy Ross or anything else.  Any idea can sound stupid but work out fine if it's well-written.  I still remember reading the synopsis for the movie Tootsie and thinking, "Well, that's the end of Dustin Hoffman's career."  It all depends on how it's done.  A good concept can wither in the wrong hands and a bad concept can turn brilliant in the right hands.

• Love 8

I think I'll just wait and watch the show before I pass judgment about Betsy Ross or anything else.  Any idea can sound stupid but work out fine if it's well-written.  I still remember reading the synopsis for the movie Tootsie and thinking, "Well, that's the end of Dustin Hoffman's career."  It all depends on how it's done.  A good concept can wither in the wrong hands and a bad concept can turn brilliant in the right hands.

Well, you're welcome to your opinion, but this just sounds like Colonial Hart to Hart AGAIN - but with a new love interest instead of acting-challenged KW.  Silly us - we thought they finally understood what made this show work - but instead they're just going to try the SAME idea from S2, just with a sexier, better actress to displace Nicole Beharie.

No - I'm NOT here for it.  After all of the work we did saving this show... ugh.

That poster/blogger was 100% right in her spoiler that they wanted Ichabod single so they could throw women at him.

They don't even develop Abbie or Jenny - WHY would I want to see yet another (sorry not sorry) actress come on the canvas to displace either one of them?  I'm so sick of this.  It's like the women they have in Abbie and Jenny aren't enough for them... apparently they haven't noticed what a huge hit Empire was.  Idiots.

• Love 2
(edited)

Okay, this gets weirder and weirder. 'Sleepy Hollowers' has a post of a casting agency looking for a stand-in for an African-American male for a recurring role. The picture has most of the face covered, but the photo is obviously OJ. I went to the casting agency website and this is one of OJ's photos.

Then there is a post of Lyndie and Orlando onstage at SDCC.

Then there is a post of a casting call (Project Casting), dated July 8, 2015, requesting extras for a gala. The synopsis has this " ‘Sleepy Hollow’ stars Tom Mison, Nichole Beharie and Orlando Jones."

Hunh? Is somebody playing with us?

Edited by DJG1122

Well, you're welcome to your opinion, but this just sounds like Colonial Hart to Hart AGAIN - but with a new love interest instead of acting-challenged KW.

I believe this is a one-episode deal.  I can't force you to watch, but I would miss my beloved phoenics in the forum.  Reading Clifton Campbell's tweets (and seeing who he follows), he seems like he gets it, Seriously, click that link and tell me that he's going to push Nikki and Lyndsie aside for some Jolie-wannabe,

I'm honestly not determined to think the worst, but the only thing I took away from that article was that 'because reasons' isn't the most compelling argument. Hopefully it's more successful at getting the woman who wrote it the interview she's angling for.

My current status has been downgraded from "cautiously optimistic" to "I should have known better".

I think it's very telling, that the one thing, the new writing team took away from S1 and S2, is that a sexy white woman in a corset is what this show absolutely needs. From the description I can only expect the worst. It looks like they're going to sexualize the hell out of a historical figure, who was a Quaker and married, and pair her up with Crane, who has suddenly become some sort of "Mr. Smith", because what this show demands urgently is more Crane romances. Please.

Call me when they start talking about storylines involving Abbie, who seems to be as absent from the new team's minds as she was from Goffman's. Of course, the Ichabbie teasing won't stop either, so that she can stay trapped in an emotional void with "Mr. Smith", instead of having a life.

I'm sorry Orlando was fired, because if there is one person, who has fought hard for this show and been a pro at engaging the fans. It goes to show how not smart TPTB can be.

• Love 2

I took a break from reading all things SH until this weekend and after reading the SH chatter out there, that decison was for the best.  I remember how I felt the summer after Season One when everything that came forth from Mark Goffman and Heather Kadin's mouth enraged me.  This time around, I'm not putting myself in that frame of mind so, as much as I love this forum, I will be taking a break from commenting once the new season begins.  I will say I'm still willing to give Clifton Campbell a chance; I haven't seen what he has written, indeed I haven't heard a single comment from HIM on what's in store for Season 3.   Personally, I think it's a good thing the show has stepped away from social media, hopefully this means they've been using that time to concentrate on writing.  If it turns out I've been duped, I have no problem coming here and admitting it.  But for the moment, I'm going to wait and see before (again), getting my emotions all stirred up.

• Love 1
(edited)

Kimberella, look at OJ's tweet July 9 about the MariellaHume facebook casting call. He says, with tongue-in-cheek, that the picture looks familiar, but he can't place it.(It's a pic of OJ with the face removed). It's a casting call for a black male stand-in for a recurring role on a supernatural crime show. Has OJ been rehired and, since it hasn't been announced yet, he's not saying anything? I'm not giving up yet.

Edited by DJG1122

My current status has been downgraded from "cautiously optimistic" to "I should have known better".

I understand and empathise with your and phoenic's pessimism, but I'm still "cautiously optimistic".  Nothing I've seen from Clifton Campbell or any of the show-writers leads me to believe that they don't understand what went wrong.  All we know is that Orlando was let go (we don't know why) -- curiously I haven't heard whether he an Lyndie interacted at all during their brunch, or if Lyndie said anything remotely "official" at SDCC; and that there may have been a casting call for Betsy Ross.  I'm not panicking -- yet! 

• Love 1
Personally, I think it's a good thing the show has stepped away from social media, hopefully this means they've been using that time to concentrate on writing.

Perhaps, but I don't think the show can afford this utter lack of promotion. Out of sight out of mind. People move on if they are not given anything. The problem with S2 and part of S1 wasn't social media, it was Goffman and the writers being hacks.

Has OJ been rehired and, since it hasn't been announced yet, he's not saying anything? I'm not giving up yet.

Doesn't OJ have his own show now? Not to mention his many other side projects. It doesn't make sense to anger the fans by firing him and then bring him back. That said, I'll be more than happy if he comes back as a regular, but I'm not counting on it.

I understand and empathise with your and phoenic's pessimism, but I'm still "cautiously optimistic".  Nothing I've seen from Clifton Campbell or any of the show-writers leads me to believe that they don't understand what went wrong.  All we know is that Orlando was let go (we don't know why) -- curiously I haven't heard whether he an Lyndie interacted at all during their brunch, or if Lyndie said anything remotely "official" at SDCC; and that there may have been a casting call for Betsy Ross.  I'm not panicking -- yet!

Well, that description about Betsy is more than enough to make me think this new bunch is as clueless as the previous one. Although duh! Most of the writers and producers from past seasons remain, so it's not exactly a new bunch and it's no big surprise they're still focusing on Crane's love life. I don't know Campbell's previous work, so I have no good reason to trust him at all. Especially, when the only thing he has given me is Betsy Ross and more Crane, while nothing about Abbie.

Well, that description about Betsy is more than enough to make me think this new bunch is as clueless as the previous one. Although duh! Most of the writers and producers from past seasons remain, so it's not exactly a new bunch and it's no big surprise they're still focusing on Crane's love life. I don't know Campbell's previous work, so I have no good reason to trust him at all. Especially, when the only thing he has given me is Betsy Ross and more Crane, while nothing about Abbie.

This is why I said everyone involved in writing and producing last season needed to go, because they were all apart of the problem. When I found out that Albert Kim, who was very much aboard the Katrina Train was remaining, I knew the problematic mind-set would remain. I am still willing to give the show a chance, but I am not hopeful. I do know that unlike last season, if what I see is a train wreck, I will simply tune out and leave it to die the death it would have met without fans fighting for it.

• Love 3

Whoa....I thought Orlando left of his own accord ., :( I'm super sad now. Fine he'll just have to show up on Supernatural.

I kind of figured it wasn't his choice. There was just to much shady stuff going on. I wasn't sure if I was coming back, this settles it.

It's just weird.  I can't find any report of what happened at the brunch; neither Lyndie nor Orlando have any pictures together (you'd think in spite of everything, they'd still be friends), there's no new tweets, nothing.

I'm disappointed...

• Love 1
(edited)

She's a good actress, so good casting for the role.

http://tvline.com/2015/07/15/nikki-reed-sleepy-hollow-season-3-cast-betsy-ross/

Nikki Reed, best known for portraying Rosalie Hale in the big-screen vampire saga, has been cast in the series regular role of Betsy Ross in Sleepy‘s upcoming third season, per The Hollywood Reporter.

As TVLine previously reported, Sleepy‘s Betsy is going to be a little different from the one you might have read about in history class. When casting the role of the American flag’s first seamstress — and Ichabod’s ex-girlfriend — producers were looking for the following:

Think more Angelina Jolie than frumpy Martha Stewart — a kickass Mrs. Smith to Ichabod Crane’s Mr. Smith. … [betsy] is ruthless, smart and fearless, adjusting to blend in to whatever the situation demands, from demure handmaiden to honeypot to cutthroat spy.

Edited by Artsda

Um. OK? It could be that they chose an actress who is best known for playing petulant and humorless and bringing all the supernatural boys to the yard because they know something we don't know. 

Honey pot?

"It's the end of the show as we know it... And I don't feel fine....

Yes, it is.

I am laughing so hard! Good thing Goffman II has found his Katrina II.

• Love 2

Yes, it is.

I am laughing so hard! Good thing Goffman II has found his Katrina II.

What I don't understand is why? Did they not learn from the red-headed mess? I mean, if this person is a series regular, then they somehow have to end up in the 21st century, right? It can't be all flashbacks. Okay, so they end up in modern times. Then what?

And what's the point of this new character (besides eye candy). Guest star fine, but regular???

Well, at least the fandom have lots of talk about in the meantime. Too bad not one bit is positive stuff.

I really need a tell-all book. Desperately. And wonder what brand of glue the writers are apparently repeatedly sniffing when they are coming up with plotlines.

Genevieve Valentine - who wrote the awesome SH episode recaps on i09.com, just tweeted up a storm, slamming this latest news.

• Love 1

Why? Remember that insider, who had information about FOX and the renewal? According to her, they wanted Ichabod single and free for multiple love interests. It's Ichabod's time for sexy times, baby! In the past (even though he said the infatuation was one-sided), but maybe this sexy spy amazeballs woman can make it to the present, show Abbie how to be efficient and sexy, because according to Goffman II, Abbie is not good enough.

Thank you, Goffman II, for saving the show for the Sandras!

• Love 1

Sounds like a case of same ish, different day. If they clearly didn't want a black lead actress, they never should have hired one. Oh yeah, I forgot, they wouldn't have gotten all us black viewer to help prop up their show otherwise. Sleepy Hollow is now officially off my live watch list. It might even be off my DVR list. It might be relegated to its place form half-way through last year. I check in here first and if it doesn't seem like a train wreck, I might watch it on demand eventually.

http://tvline.com/2015/07/15/nikki-reed-sleepy-hollow-season-3-cast-betsy-ross/

• Love 1
Why? Remember that insider, who had information about FOX and the renewal? According to her, they wanted Ichabod single and free for multiple love interests.

Oh yeah, that's right, I do remember that, but I figured that the writers would have learned their lesson after the backlash and not went ahead with that. *lesigh*. Still love Mison to death and still think both Mison and Beharie have been terribly hard done by. No wonder there seems to be no enthusiam on their ends.

At least the season will end soon and they can move onto other projects.

But what I don't get is WHY they bothered to renew the show in the first place, if this was the result. I mean, if they FOX really wanted to not focus on Abbie or Jenny, then they should have let it die, instead of introducing Red-Head part II and most likely making me eventual hate the name Betsy with 1000 suns, just like I hate any utterance of that other name now.

I'm going to need two cases of wine ready for when the season starts......

• Love 1
(edited)

Owl City getting too much facetime in TWD trailer, now another SH character that could sideline Abbie.

It's rough in these TV streets, for  WOC leads and their  fans.

Sigh.... 

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 2

Don't miss this:

"We are all very excited to welcome Nikki Reed into the world of Sleepy Hollow," co-creator/EP Len Wiseman told THR. "Nikki's the perfect choice to bring a smart and sexy edge to our show's twisted version of American icon, Betsy Ross."

Amazing! Thank god they found the right actress with the right skin color to bring a smart and sexy edge to the show, which apparently was severely lacking. 

• Love 7