Type keyword(s) to search

Sleepy Hollow in the Media

(edited)

Here's what they should do re Hawley: Have Jenny reference some task they're working together but keep him off-screen until at least Ep 4. Then work him in slowly, and never at the expense of the core four three.

Edited by jhlipton
  • Love 2

I'm cool with Thursday night.  I watch BBT and Elementary but that's it on Thursday. I'm usually watching sports for some reason on that night.  But I'm just happy it wasn't against Supernatural on Wednesday.  That would have hurt, because SH would lose out to me live watching SPN.  But now I'm happy! Unless they move SPN to Thursday but I don't think that will happen.  If anything they would move it back to Tuesday where they should have left it!

I'd be cool with Hawley coming back. I liked him. He has a place in the show IMO.

• Love 2

I'm more worried about the anemic numbers from the 8PM slot than I am about the competition. The not-Scandal audience is more than twice as big as the Scandal audience, and if Sleepy Hollow can get a good chunk of it (and let's face it, as much as I love James Spader, I'm DVRing Blacklist at this point to be able to FF past Megan Boone) they'll be doing nicely for Fox.

(edited)

I watch both Sleepy Hollow and Scandall. if I had to choose which gets my live watch it would be Sleepy Hollow hands down. Some days I don't get to Scandal til, like, Saturday. Not that my watch pattern matters, I am not a Nielsen family.

I'm actually peeved about this. I'm a fan of both shows, and make a point to watch both live so I can follow the live tweets. Maybe I'll watch Sleepy Hollow live, and follow the West Coast

tweet feed for Scandal.

I'd be cool with Hawley coming back. I liked him. He has a place in the show IMO.

I like Hawley too. I'm cool with him coming back ever so often. I wouldn't mind seeing Orion again also. Bring back all the man candy, just as long as it's not at the expense of the main characters.

Edited by LeeLeePanda
  • Love 1

Anyway...on Monday's, SH was going against Monday Night Football (which I watch), Scorpion, The Voice and The Bachelor - all ratings juggernauts. Also, Forever was in the same time slot for me as SH (Canadians got the broadcast Mondays), so that was something else that competed. On Thurs Feb 24th (SH season finale), the Voice got 14 million viewers, Scorpion about 10 mil, the Bachelor 9 mil. Those are big numbers. Also, Monday Night Football usually has really good games scheduled and gets huge ratings (I know, I tape and watch also).

I agree Monday at 9 PM was a very tough slot for SH last season, Thursday at 9 ends up being easier I think. Scandal and The Blacklist are still hits, but aren't the massive ratings juggernauts they were in the 2013-2014.

I think if anything the show might be hurt by the lead-in change. It was behing Gotham last year when that show was getting around a 2 in the 18-49 demo, now it will be behind Bones which was getting about a 1 in the demo which will hurt. This is where promotion is very important. If they hype the show and make it clear to fans that the mistakes from Season 2 have been fixed, I think they can get people to watch the show despite the lead-in and start getting positive word of mouth working in their favor.

Also the show has some financial factors working in its favor. After Season 3 it will be more than halfway to syndication(49 episodes), needing likely 2 more seasons to reach the right amount of episodes, which will give it an advantage over all of the new shows FOX will try to debut this season. Also Sleepy Hollow is produced by FOX, which saves money for the network as opposed to shows produced by outside studios(IMO this helped it get renewed over the Following last year).

And the biggest thing is FOX has very little to potentially replace it with. American Idol is gone after next season, opening up mutliple hours that the network has to fill. They are already thin on dramas and if Bones isn't renewed after next year(always iffy with actor's contracts) than Sleepy Hollow would be the network's longest running drama, making it more valuable to FOX. The ratings will defintely be lower next year, but as long as they don't completely fall off a cliff I think SH would have a decent chance for a Season 4(and by extension a Season 5).

• Love 1

This is a huge boost in SH's favor. Thursday night means they're going to be promoting the heck out of the show. I would bet they probably won't start SH until after CBS is done with its Thursday night football commitment, so that shouldn't be a huge deal. The Blacklist is not doing well on Thursdays, so I'm really not that worried about it, either. And even though I know a ton of people (myself included) who watch both SH and Scandal, they're not necessarily going after the same demo. I think SH tends to skew more male than Scandal does. This move shows me that Fox has a ton of confidence in the regime change. 

• Love 1

This is a huge boost in SH's favor. Thursday night means they're going to be promoting the heck out of the show. I would bet they probably won't start SH until after CBS is done with its Thursday night football commitment, so that shouldn't be a huge deal. The Blacklist is not doing well on Thursdays, so I'm really not that worried about it, either. And even though I know a ton of people (myself included) who watch both SH and Scandal, they're not necessarily going after the same demo. I think SH tends to skew more male than Scandal does. This move shows me that Fox has a ton of confidence in the regime change. 

I tend to agree.

I know some of the early sentiment on twitter in reaction to the scheduling was that it was a way for Fox to kill off Sleepy Hollow.  But I don't see it that way.  If they really were trying to ease SH off to pasture then they would have put it on a Sunday (more competitive than Thursday, imo) or Friday.

Call me crazy, but I do think their reasoning -- playing to the core fanbase -- is sound.  The people that stuck through the abysmal S2 are going to be the people who will watch it on Thursday.  I think Fox may have a handle on what those numbers are.  

And let's be frank, Scandal is not some juggernaut that can't credibly challenged.  SH doesn't need to beat Scandal, it just needs to hold it's own.  

• Love 3

I know some of the early sentiment on twitter in reaction to the scheduling was that it was a way for Fox to kill off Sleepy Hollow.  But I don't see it that way.  If they really were trying to ease SH off to pasture then they would have put it on a Sunday (more competitive than Thursday, imo) or Friday.

Definitely. Thursday is the night where networks can charge the most for ad space. Fridays and Sundays are where network shows go to die. Thursday is where shows go when networks have faith in them. Sometimes, it doesn't go well, like with Gracepoint or anything NBC has tried in about 5 years. But I also remember freaking out about 8 years ago when ABC moved Grey's Anatomy to Thursdays. 

• Love 2

Called it - re: Time Jump. Sounds interesting actually, especially since it seems that we will see some of Abbie's personal life and focus on her career, and how Crane is coping and adjusting to the 21st century. I like it, TBH.

Sleepy Hollow Season 3 Synopsis. It's a link to a PDF file, so I'll just paste in the text.

SLEEPY HOLLOW returns for a spellbinding third season of action, time travel and “Ichabod-isms.” When ICHABOD CRANE (Tom Mison) first awoke from a 250-year slumber, he teamed up with ABBIE MILLS (Nicole Beharie), a “leftenant” on the Sleepy Hollow police force. The two then embarked on a supernatural mission to stop evil. For two seasons, this unlikely pair of “witnesses” has followed clues from throughout history to try to stave off the apocalypse and save the world, by fighting demons, warlocks, wendigos, the Weeping Lady, the Kindred, a Succubus and the Reavers. The startling conclusion of Season Two left the duo with a decisive, albeit heartbreaking, victory over evil, as both Katrina Crane (Katia Winter) and Henry Parrish (John Noble) – Crane’s wife and son – were slain. Season Three picks up after a disquieting break in the supernatural action, as Ichabod and Abbie adjust to a world seemingly without Molloch, witchy wives, demonic sons and headless, ex-best friends. Abbie finds herself at a crossroads and looking for her next career challenge, while Ichabod is eager to learn more about the country he helped to found – beyond the limits of Sleepy Hollow. However, as always, nothing is ever quite what it seems, and the eerie calm will quickly give way to the next tribulation, driven by a surprising demonic presence that will challenge our duo in ways they will never see coming. With Abbie’s sister, JENNY MILLS (Lyndie Greenwood), and a few new suspicious faces lurking throughout the town, SLEEPY HOLLOW is primed to take viewers on an enchanting adventure when it premieres this fall.

Best part is the reaffirmation of no witchy wives and demonic sons. Though the lack of headless best friend sucks because I liked Neil Jackson. And YEAH - mention of Jenny /Lyndie Greenwood. Phew, she's still in.

ETA:

Thursday night means they're going to be promoting the heck out of the show. I would bet they probably won't start SH until after CBS is done with its Thursday night football commitment, so that shouldn't be a huge deal.

So far, SH is expected to come back in September. Thurs Night Football runs straight through from September all the way to end of December, so there will be overlap the entire time. But as I mentioned - it survived fine on Mondays during season 1, so it isn't an issue to me. Like I said - I would tape both, watch SH live, and flip back and forth to football during commercials, and also could fast forward through the commercials in football and stoppage in play. Same will apply with Thurs, because I am going to be taping so many shows. It's all good.

• Love 1
Abbie finds herself at a crossroads and looking for her next career challenge, while Ichabod is eager to learn more about the country he helped to found – beyond the limits of Sleepy Hollow.

For some reason, I'm now picturing season three as a road trip with Crane, Abbie, and Jenny. They just need a dog and the Mystery Machine. And you know, I think I'd be okay with that.

I really hate the Thursday schedule and I guess it won't matter as I'm not a Nielsen member but I'm definitely going to watch Scandal live and SH whenever it gets put on hulu plus.

• Love 1
Ichabod and Abbie adjust to a world seemingly without Molloch, witchy wives, demonic sons and headless, ex-best friends. With Abbie’s sister, JENNY MILLS (Lyndie Greenwood)

Best news EVAH!

• Love 1

So now it's against football AND Scandal.  So thanks for slowly killing the show?

Is there a lot of overlap between Scandal and SH? They seem kind if opposite of each other... I only watched a few episodes of Scandal and didn't get into it. All I know is that it was complicated drama to begin with and then got more convoluted as time went on. Oh, and Olitz, that's the extent of my knowledge.

I don't watch anything live that is not on HBO NOW (although that's more simulcast) so I don't count that way anyhow but I would choose SH over Scandal any day. Then again, genre shows are my thing and political shows, well, I either love them or hate them and Scandal is definitely not in my love column. I didn't check schedules but nothing else on Thursday nights pops up right now so it's good for me. I hope it will do well though...

(edited)

I like the move to Thursday. Thursday was the day with the least shows that I watched this season. I only watched Big Bang Theory, Mom and Vampire Diaries on netwerk tv. On cable there was Red Road, but that only has six episodes per season. Monday had (in addition to SH) The Originals, Jane The Virgin, The Fosters, Switched At Birth and Bates Motel. So this move makes for a better distribution of my shows over the week. Now I just need some shows moved away from Wednesday, which was my busiest day of the week.

Edited by paulvdb

Is there a lot of overlap between Scandal and SH?

I would say yes but more in the Venn Diagram sense that these are two shows that have strong contingent of live tweeting on Twitter, and in my feed I follow a ton of women who live tweet Scandal and bunch of women who live tweet SH, and almost every single person who  live tweets SH ALSO live tweets Scandal, but there are tons of people live tweeting Scandal who don't watch or talk about SH. 

I'm trying to be positive about this, but yeah I'm worried we're forcing people who want to support both Kerry Washington/Scandal AND Nikki Beharie/SH to choose, and I'm guessing SH will lose a healthy chunk of at least their black female audience in terms of live watch (and thus a huge  piece of keeping the show buzzy). There are precious few shows in all of network television with black female leads and yet Fox felt compelled to pit them against one another? IDK, I won't say that doesn't bother me.  I certainly hope that I'm wrong and if comes down to a choice SH will get the live watching/tweeting to keep it's profile high, and it's ratings solid, and I do agree it's sign of faith in it's popularity, I guess but I can also see it's a huge gamble that could kill it off. Like if they really are angling to eat into Scandal's (and ABC/Shonda's Thrusday block) audience why not stick their ratings juggernaut Empire against it? I want to be optimistic, but I can only get as optimistic as a Radiohead song. 

• Love 2

Is there a lot of overlap between Scandal and SH? They seem kind if opposite of each other... I only watched a few episodes of Scandal and didn't get into it. All I know is that it was complicated drama to begin with and then got more convoluted as time went on. Oh, and Olitz, that's the extent of my knowledge.

I don't watch anything live that is not on HBO NOW (although that's more simulcast) so I don't count that way anyhow but I would choose SH over Scandal any day. Then again, genre shows are my thing and political shows, well, I either love them or hate them and Scandal is definitely not in my love column. I didn't check schedules but nothing else on Thursday nights pops up right now so it's good for me. I hope it will do well though...

There is some shared audience members within the black female demographic that watch both Scandal & Sleepy Hollow since they like both shows & want to support as many black actresses as possible but there are still portions of that demographic that might watch one but not the other. If a black female viewer has no interest in watching a scifi/fantasy show & the show doesn’t give them other reasons to watch for like a storyline that involves interesting & well written relationships that involve family, friendship, & romance for that black actress, then they might not tune in even if they like the lead black actress. Just like if a black female viewer loves scifi/fantasy shows & has never really been into political shows & soapy shows then they might not watch a show like that even if they know it is led by a black actress. For instance, I've heard a lot of fans of Nicole Beharie say they tried to watch Sleepy Hollow & liked it in the beginning but the writing wasn’t good enough for them to tune in on a weekly basis, so they stopped watching it but hoped she would still do some movies every once in a while so they could still see her again in other projects.

I'm trying to be positive about this, but yeah I'm worried we're forcing people who want to support both Kerry Washington/Scandal AND Nikki Beharie/SH to choose, and I'm guessing SH will lose a healthy chunk of at least their black female audience in terms of live watch (and thus a huge  piece of keeping the show buzzy). There are precious few shows in all of network television with black female leads and yet Fox felt compelled to pit them against one another? IDK, I won't say that doesn't bother me.  I certainly hope that I'm wrong and if comes down to a choice SH will get the live watching/tweeting to keep it's profile high, and it's ratings solid, and I do agree it's sign of faith in it's popularity, I guess but I can also see it's a huge gamble that could kill it off. Like if they really are angling to eat into Scandal's (and ABC/Shonda's Thrusday block) audience why not stick their ratings juggernaut Empire against it? I want to be optimistic, but I can only get as optimistic as a Radiohead song.

FOX moved SH to Thursdays & it will compete in the same 9PM timeslot with Scandal but it also replaced a black actress led scifi/fantasy show SH with another black actress led scifi/fantasy show Minority Report staring Meagan Good airing on Mondays @ 9PM. So there will be three dramas on FOX now led by black actresses. SH, Empire, & Minority Report.

• Love 1

Someone on Twitter created a petition to get the cast on Jimmy Fallon which I think is a good idea. Ignore the fact that Orlando is still included! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/sleepy-cast-on-jimmy-fallon

I really hope they do a big media push for them this season. i especially hope to see them capitalize on Tom and Nicole's chemistry, like a glitzy spread in Entertainment Weekly, or a sexy shoot for Rolling Stone. My dream is a feature in Esquire, if only to see Tom in a suit. There's nothing like a handsome man in a well tailored suit ;).

• Love 2

I really hope they do a big media push for them this season. i especially hope to see them capitalize on Tom and Nicole's chemistry, like a ... sexy shoot for Rolling Stone.

If they do go that route, Nicole must look sexy but professional.

• Love 2

Nominate ‘Sleepy Hollow’ in EW’s TV Season Finale Awards! They extended the eligibility period so ‘Parks and Rec’ could be included, which is understandable, but ‘Sleepy Hollow’ aired Tempus Fugit the 23rd of February (the cut-off was the 24th). People are pointing this out to them on Twitter and just nominating ‘Sleepy Hollow’ anyway. :)

Link - http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/18/tv-season-finale-awards-nominate-here?hootPostID=fbe46ceb22c68ec0dbabf30b690aed75

I'm voting for Katrina in Best Death/Exit.

• Love 1

Hahahahahaha.....Apparently TPTB are repeating word for word what all of us have been saying ad nauseum for months. I'm expecting a bouquet of roses or a fruit basket to follow for each fan that repeatedly stated we KNEW the problems way in advance, knew what was wrong and wanted better. Hee. (Oh, and you idiots. We told you.)

Heather Kadin Pays Fan Service, Tells us Exactly What She Thinks We Want to Hear and Previews Season 3.

SLEEPY HOLLOW: Heather Kadin Previews Season 3’s Big Bad, Mining Abbie/Ichabod’s Relationship, and More.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ok.  So Sleepy Hollow is on Thursdays at 9:00.  After Bones.  Hmm....

Wait - during SCANDAL?!?! WHAT THE EFF?! That's STUPID!

I watch Scandal - it's one of the few shows I watch live and do social media at the same time. Scandal isn't what it used to be, but this is suicide for SH. Folks saying the audiences aren't the same or don't have HUUUGE overlap are really not paying attention. Scandal and SH have large black audiences and forcing them to choose means SH will lose.

I'm really upset about this - that's the WORST timeslot they could have picked. You have Grey's, then Scandal and then HTGAWM - SH doesn't have a freaking chance.

Forget genres - Sleepy Hollow DOES have a large black audience - but if I had to guess, I'd say that the large black audience probably skews more toward Scandal than Sleepy Hollow.

This is extremely upsetting. I literally live watch Scandal and do social media then - even I would skip SH and watch it on DVR after Scandal.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1

I would say yes but more in the Venn Diagram sense that these are two shows that have strong contingent of live tweeting on Twitter, and in my feed I follow a ton of women who live tweet Scandal and bunch of women who live tweet SH, and almost every single person who  live tweets SH ALSO live tweets Scandal, but there are tons of people live tweeting Scandal who don't watch or talk about SH. 

I'm trying to be positive about this, but yeah I'm worried we're forcing people who want to support both Kerry Washington/Scandal AND Nikki Beharie/SH to choose, and I'm guessing SH will lose a healthy chunk of at least their black female audience in terms of live watch (and thus a huge  piece of keeping the show buzzy). There are precious few shows in all of network television with black female leads and yet Fox felt compelled to pit them against one another? IDK, I won't say that doesn't bother me.  I certainly hope that I'm wrong and if comes down to a choice SH will get the live watching/tweeting to keep it's profile high, and it's ratings solid, and I do agree it's sign of faith in it's popularity, I guess but I can also see it's a huge gamble that could kill it off. Like if they really are angling to eat into Scandal's (and ABC/Shonda's Thrusday block) audience why not stick their ratings juggernaut Empire against it? I want to be optimistic, but I can only get as optimistic as a Radiohead song.

I'm furious about this - I hate that they've pit two out of the three shows with black female leads on them against one another - guaranteeing that one of them won't survive.

This makes me literally HATE fox. Idiots. Just damn idiots.

Hahahahahaha.....Apparently TPTB are repeating word for word what all of us have been saying ad nauseum for months. I'm expecting a bouquet of roses or a fruit basket to follow for each fan that repeatedly stated we KNEW the problems way in advance, knew what was wrong and wanted better. Hee. (Oh, and you idiots. We told you.)

Heather Kadin Pays Fan Service, Tells us Exactly What She Thinks We Want to Hear and Previews Season 3.

SLEEPY HOLLOW: Heather Kadin Previews Season 3’s Big Bad, Mining Abbie/Ichabod’s Relationship, and More.

Oh.  My.  God.  Ha!  It is like they were handed a script and all the correct words are coming out.  I hope she's right.  I really hope that is really what they do and it works out for all of us. 

• Love 1

Called it - re: Time Jump. Sounds interesting actually, especially since it seems that we will see some of Abbie's personal life and focus on her career, and how Crane is coping and adjusting to the 21st century. I like it, TBH.

Sleepy Hollow Season 3 Synopsis. It's a link to a PDF file, so I'll just paste in the text.

Best part is the reaffirmation of no witchy wives and demonic sons. Though the lack of headless best friend sucks because I liked Neil Jackson. And YEAH - mention of Jenny /Lyndie Greenwood. Phew, she's still in.

Wait - does this mean no more headless horseman?!?!

FOX moved SH to Thursdays & it will compete in the same 9PM timeslot with Scandal but it also replaced a black actress led scifi/fantasy show SH with another black actress led scifi/fantasy show Minority Report staring Meagan Good airing on Mondays @ 9PM. So there will be three dramas on FOX now led by black actresses. SH, Empire, & Minority Report.

Yeah - I don't care. Without Shonda Rhymes' Scandal, a network likely NEVER would have cast NB as Abbie on this show. It just wouldn't have been done - at all. This just feels utterly disrespectful to me and puts fans of both shows in a quandary, for no good reason.

At least there are now 5 shows with black lead actresses - but man - I HATE that this is up against Scandal.

Oh.  My.  God.  Ha!  It is like they were handed a script and all the correct words are coming out.  I hope she's right.  I really hope that is really what they do and it works out for all of us.

I read that article and wow you're right - it is like they were handed a script... I LOOOVE everything about it.

I really wish the whole Scandal vs SH thing wasn't happening... ugh. S3 sounds like it's going to be really good. I love the mystery of not knowing who the big bad is and I think it's going to be terrifying, which will be AWESOME!

Forget genres - Sleepy Hollow DOES have a large black audience - but if I had to guess, I'd say that the large black audience probably skews more toward Scandal than Sleepy Hollow.

After watching the Scandal finale last week, I can safely say that this black viewer will be watching Sleepy Hollow on Thursdays at 9:00 and nothing else.

• Love 4

I'm furious about this - I hate that they've pit two out of the three shows with black female leads on them against one another - guaranteeing that one of them won't survive.

Ha and now I'm gonna TRY to be positive, the good thing is I think Fox doesn't actually anticipate peeling off viewers from Scandal, and is just hoping to sustain, so I don't think they have unrealistic expectations of growing SH audience, I think at this point they're just hoping they'll win back the people who bugged out in S2, I do hope the loss of overlapping viewers ends up balancing up in old viewers regained, it obviously won't be from this overlap group, but I'm a believer there are viewers (black and otherwise) out there who aren't watching either and might give SH a chance on it's new night. But yeah I think IF it ends up being disastrous they'll move it, I do think the network loves the show, A LOT, and Nikki/Tom, I just hope they USE that and market the hell out of their crazy charming leads, get them lined  up for Colbert's debut Week, get them on Fallon and Kimmel, get them out there in print and HUSTLE HARDER, cause yeah I think Scandal is on testy ground this last year, and wearing SOME of their fandom out with the Olitz merry go round (srsly I only watch sometimes and I'm 100% Team Jake!)

I watch both shows and love to check out Twitter during both; I am, however, a bigger fan of this show and its fandom, so I will catch Scandal On Demand and watch Sleepy live. It's funny. Scandal drew me in initially because of the storytelling; the fact that the female lead is black was a bonus. I hope the new night doesn't hurt the show.

• Love 2

Well, as an old white viewer I don't watch Scandel, it's too soapy for me, so I'll keep watching SH. Although, I've been sucked headlong into Empire and HTGAWM so my soap standards are in jeopardy. (HTGAWM is being side eyed though after that finale.)

• Love 3
(edited)

John Noble at MCM Comicon:

Some choice quotes re: season 2

"It struggled.  We all know that."

"I loved the first season.  I thought the first season was fantastic.  The second season,  I wondered what was going on.  I really wondered what was going on."

Choice quote re: season 3 "They've got a very simple brief.  Reboot the show and go back and concentrate on the Ichabod & Abbie thing which was the strength of it in the beginning.  I am so hopeful it will come back because it  did lose it's way."

Here's the link to the whole interview: https://youtu.be/uUkyLBRSmCQ?t=1m3s

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 6

Some choice quotes re: season 2

"It struggled.  We all know that."

"I loved the first season.  I thought the first season was fantastic.  The second season,  I wondered what was going on.  I really wondered what was going on."

Bawahahahaha!! I swear, I am going to survive the hiatus only for the periodic shade provided to once again confirm what most of us knew. Very eloquent answered by Mr. Nobel - beautifully done but he speaks the absolute truth. And again I find it interesting that he said "we all know that." The conversations and behind the scenes gossiping that must have taken place would have been fascinating. And it was obviously frustrating for him (he said he was sitting around a lot).

You did forget the most important words. "Season 3, I won't be there. Katia won't be there." Good. Thank god. Orlando will be missed, but not the other two (though Henry Parrish from season 1 will be). I'm still blown away that MG basically wasted an actor of such high regard as JN. Imagine Robert DeNiro or Morgan Freeman or Daniel Day Lewis guest starring on SH...Knowing MG, he would stick them in a bunny costume, and only have them hand potion ingredients to Katrina, all the while saying what a wonderful mistress she is, all in order to prop up his muse. I'm telling you....waste, waste, waste....

• Love 3

It is all in the inflection in his voice when he talks about it.  It is just sad to me because you can tell he loved working in S1.  He may have been a regular in S2 but you can tell that he was frustrated by his role.  It feels like he is heavily implying that his work as  the Sin Eater gave him more satisfaction than his expanded role as War in S2.  And it was a more nuanced and better role both in writing and performance.

• Love 3

It is sad, isn't it. Again, what a waste. I think also that both he and Tom Mison were really looking forward to working a lot with each other. Mison I think said that they really meshed well together and have similar acting styles, and approached the scenes very cohesively together. Season 2, they were barely together, and I think both of them were not too pleased with that. Instead, he spent almost all of his scenes in season 2 with Winter, and she is not the most strong actress at all.

Also, the difference in a season 1 seemingly tormented Henry Parrish who absolved the sins of prisoners (why was this never expanded on. Oh yes, because Katrina), and season 2 sulking little child Jeremy....both he and Mison must have read the scripts and been like, "say what??"

I may have seen it once mentioned before but another lost opportunity. Background on Sin Eater Parrish. *sigh*

Here is a good screen shot (it may have been posted before) that shows the main people on the show now - specifically actors and exec producers (there seem to be....a lot of them). Right now, there are three cast members only. Mison, Beharie and Greenwood of course. And Albert Kim is an Exec Producer now?? Yikes. Orci, Kurtzman and Kindler I think are there mostly in name and will pop up periodically. Did Metzner get punished for his twitter argument with fans, which is why he is "still" a writer? Hmmmm....

• Love 1

Instead, he spent almost all of his scenes in season 2 with Winter, and she is not the most strong actress at all.

How they chose who to put in scenes with KW will forever be a mystery.  They had a pretty strong cast, with JN being probably the highest recognizable talent, and they pair her with him?  Did they think they could elevate her acting that way?  Cause that was like dropping JN into your local high school drama play.

I never saw that much talent in KW, but I have to acknowledge that some of it seems to fall on directing too.

• Love 1

How they chose who to put in scenes with KW will forever be a mystery. They had a pretty strong cast, with JN being probably the highest recognizable talent, and they pair her with him? Did they think they could elevate her acting that way? Cause that was like dropping JN into your local high school drama play.

That really is putting down high school actors.

• Love 2

JN is a class act. I love that he is not trying to defend his character being a mess and part of why the season went awry. He was bored too. 

If everyone isn't already following new writer Leigh Dana Jackson on Twitter then I recommend you do. Everything he says makes me confident about Season Three because he's clearly enlightened - https://twitter.com/LDJackson/with_replies

I'm in love...

Me too!  

Also, take a look at the tweets from Keely MacDonald, an associate writer, like this:

https://twitter.com/KeelyMacDragon/status/603693243805671424

every time someone in the #SleepyHollow writers room pitches Crane dialogue, they do it in a fake British accent #anditisgreat

and this:

https://twitter.com/KeelyMacDragon/status/603280172100395009

okay, potential future game - maybe will tweet out #SleepyHollow room note Quotes of the Day during future live tweets? stay tuned, friends!

So excited for next season!  Bring. It.On!!!!

That Gavin guy from Spoiler TV posted a season review of a ton of shows in one article. You remember Gavin, right? The one who loves the wife, and got into a comment war with a ton of people over his reviews (Deliverance and The Akeda stick out).

Here is his season review for SH. The link includes a ton of shows.

SHOW STATUS: RENEWED FOR 3rd SEASON
EPISODE SPOTLIGHT: "THE AKEDA"

Oh Sleepy Hollow. How did you deteriorate so quickly? Why are you still in my Delightful Division then? Well, I still enjoyed watching this season and I always enjoy watching the amazing due of Ichabod Crane and Abbie Mills. Their relationship did lose a bit focus this season which was a shame but they brought it all back by the end. Some really standout episodes within this season, some great gems, but amongst them are episodes that really drag the season down. I was beginning to like the Dark Katrina storyline until its resolution which left a sour taste in my mouth, and I feel weird knowing that Orlando Jones isn't going to be in it anymore. I'm seriously wondering how this show is going to save itself because it's in desperate need of fixing right now. A lot was wrong with this season but it still remained interesting and entertaining, just sometimes not the right kind of entertaining.

Really now Gavin? Deteriorate? Needs to be fixed? And you mention you like the Ichabbie relationship? That's certainly not what you wrote before. That's not what you said when a ton of comments came in saying the show was being destroyed by CFD, that the overall season was terrible, that Deliverance was absolute tripe and that K needs to be killed off? In fact, I remember you and one of your buddies deleting a ton of comment posts of those who dared to criticize K, dared to complain about CFD and ranted about the show's decline thanks to K and Goffman.

In fact, I remember you going on and on about how good the show was since the focus was on you know who. My my, how times have changed. Seems like everyone who liked/loved season 2 and CFD are suddenly changing their tunes. I wonder why? *evil grin*

He did write this paragraph somewhat vague, though, to not come off as a total hypocrite. And his sentences could be intrepreted in two different ways, but it still makes me laugh.

• Love 7

I wonder if a certain network made a few comments about potentially not sending him advance stuff for the show? Heh.

It is totally gratifying to see the haters having to eat so much crow - most of them are desperately trying to change their tune. Some (SANDRA) are desperately trying to rewrite history. To no avail - we've got receipts, lol.

• Love 5

I wonder if a certain network made a few comments about potentially not sending him advance stuff for the show? Heh.

It is totally gratifying to see the haters having to eat so much crow - most of them are desperately trying to change their tune. Some (SANDRA) are desperately trying to rewrite history. To no avail - we've got receipts, lol.

And that's the best part - The Receipts. Because the delusional Sandra's and Gavin's and whatevers are all suddenly changing their tune, and yet, we/you guys have the receipts and can say "you know what, asshole? - you're a dick, you were wrong, we were right, it's been proven. And for the record, you're disgusting comments have been documented. So don't even try to pretend otherwise or play the innocent. We know better."

The Internet may be dangerous, but sometimes the non-invisibility pays off.

• Love 2

At San Diego Comic Con this year, the Sleepy Hollow panel will be on Friday, July 10, 2015...
http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/05/comic-con-2015-show-attendance-table.html

Tom Mison, Nicole Beharie, Lyndie Greenwood and the executive producers of Sleepy Hollow will present a first sneak peek to Season 3...
http://www.tom-mison.com/content/sleepy-hollow-panel-confirmed-san-diego-comic-con-2015
http://www.tvguide.com/news/sleepy-hollow-scream-queens-comic-con-panels/

At San Diego Comic Con this year, the Sleepy Hollow panel will be on Friday, July 10, 2015..

Nope, not anymore. Just been announced.

We noticed something was amiss earlier today on the schedule for Room 6A – namely, that there was a noticeable gap, right where Sleepy Hollow was originally scheduled for.

We’ve reached out to 20th Century Fox representatives and confirmed.

Unfortunately, due to production beginning early on the new season, SLEEPY HOLLOW had to release their panel time!

That’s unfortunate news for fans of the series, especially considering last year had a huge presence for the show, with an added offsite over in Petco’s Interactive Zone. On the bright side, it means the cast and crew is busy creating season three.

Are you sad about Sleepy Hollow skipping Comic-Con 2015? Let us know in the comments.

Damn show. We've enough drama and lack of information for the equivalent of TEN seasons, and now this? Please don't tell me there is NEW drama this season. *lesigh*

ETA: Link to same announcement at GiveMeMyRemote

• Love 1