Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

Colin would make a fun guest. He could show off his guitar skills.

I keep seeing those Muppet commercials with the other ABC stars and keep expecting someone from Once to make an appearance. But I totally agree, Colin has that kind of geeky, joyful, playful side that could really play well with the Muppet cast. Ginny and Josh would be great, too. Come on ABC, make it happen!

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3

Captain Charming ftw!!!! I cracked up at the image of Regina sobbing in the corner. I feel bad for hacking on the posters, but are we supposed to believe that Disney/abc is that cheap of a company in shelling out money for their shows?

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 2

I don't feel a bit bad cracking on the poster. It's TERRIBLE SHODDY work. For that to be put out by professionals is embarrassing.

As an actual in-house graphic designer, I can confirm: posters are terrible. If I presented that, I'd be forced to rework it or come up with an entirely new idea.

• Love 1

Maybe the best poster re-do yet.

I particularly enjoy that they are on a unicorn pegasus.  Because, of course they are.  (As well as Regina sobbing in the corner while her little Disney fox Robin is looking at something else.)

As an actual in-house graphic designer, I can confirm: posters are terrible. If I presented that, I'd be forced to rework it or come up with an entirely new idea.

Is it possible that they're going for cheesy/overdone enough to be ironic?  Is that a thing?

ETA:  It's just that the poster is so very, very bad, that I can't help but wonder if it's that bad on purpose for some reason.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 2

I particularly enjoy that they are on a unicorn pegasus.  Because, of course they are.  (As well as Regina sobbing in the corner while her little Disney fox Robin is looking at something else.)

Is it possible that they're going for cheesy/overdone enough to be ironic?  Is that a thing?

I've always called them pegacorns. Not sure the actual accepted name for a Pegasus with a unicorn horn.

• Love 2

Is it possible that they're going for cheesy/overdone enough to be ironic? Is that a thing?

If it is a thing, I'm totally going to use that as an excuse for why my next product looks terrible.

Curio's Boss: Curio, this looks like shit. We can't sell this to our customers.

Curio: No, it's intentionally bad to the point where it's ironic. Isn't it amusing?

Curio's Boss: ...you're fired.

• Love 9

So, this quote from Eddie in NA's most recent article made me want to, well, flip a table.  Seems to be healthier than bashing my head against a wall:

While Regina struggles with her new role, some of the residents of Storybrooke are even more hesitant to trust their former captor. “It’s one thing to ask everyone’s forgiveness, it’s another thing to lead people,” Kitsis says.

WHEN HAS REGINA EVER ASKED FORGIVENESS FOR ANYTHING?! TO ANYONE??!?!  GAAAHHHHH!!!  I mean, forget the populations of Storybrooke and various other Enchanted Forest towns and hovels she's graced with her rampaging curses, etc.  She hasn't even asked forgiveness from the likes of Snowing or Emma.  Three people she's supposed to be such close friends with now.  Three people whose lives have been forever damaged because of her.  And once again we are back to the whole crux of Regina's seriously botched redemption arc.  If she doesn't even feel remorse, or care enough to acknowledge the hurt she's caused, and ask for forgiveness, then you expect me to believe she's really that much of a changed person?  

• Love 5

At most, maybe 2 times (that don't really count because she didn't technically ask for forgiveness). Maybe A&E count the 2 times when Belle and Marco basically yelled at her until she said "I'm sorry" in a still-not-very-sincere way. She wouldn't have apologized if they hadn't yelled at her though.

But yeah, she's never asked for forgiveness.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 3

So, this quote from Eddie in NA's most recent article made me want to, well, flip a table.  Seems to be healthier than bashing my head against a wall:

WHEN HAS REGINA EVER ASKED FORGIVENESS FOR ANYTHING?! TO ANYONE??!?!  GAAAHHHHH!!!  

I hate that article so much. NA is such an Evil Regal.

A&E clearly go with the theory that if they say something is true enough, people will believe it, even though they haven't shown it. Or it's so true in A&E's head that they don't realize they haven't ACTUALLY SHOWN IT.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 4

That's actually one of the better posters they've put out. (Granted, that bar is set very low...but still.) The only thing that bugs me is the dark lighting and there's too much going on in the background, but other than that, it's pretty cool and kind of reminds of or a tarot card. I'm getting excited for Merlin.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

Reminds me of Emperor Palpatine. Or one of the zillions of church paintings (you know, with the glowy/hallow patterns around them). Maybe they were inspired by the Pope's visit to the U.S.?

Either way it's glorious. Got a good laugh out of it.

Actually now I want an Emma version of this, or better yet, just make the whole cast take promo photos to match.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I'm getting excited for Merlin.

Me too but only because I'm shallow and he is a prime piece of eye candy.

When you disregard how seriously A&E want us to take this show, it's hilarious.

Truth. I think I would like this show and its posters a lot more if it's supposed to be in the vein of Galavant.

I'm thinking the art has to be done by a non-paid intern who secretly or not so secretly loathes the show.  But to be fair to them, these posters are meant for the online fans that will watch the show regardless so they really don't have to invest in it.

Well, at least they got rid of all the random crap they kept adding in, but I see the natural sponge is still in the background for some reason. What could it mean?????

That the Dark Swan will still consider Hook to be spongeworthy (Seinfeld reference)?

• Love 6

So, the Dark Swan Rises special. I enjoyed it until all the Regina parts. And Emma's "fan favorite" scene being the one in 4.01 through the door with Regina. And A&E's comments about them! Good thing my desk is made of carob, which is very heavy.

• Love 1

Here's the "pre-show" special, if anyone's interested.  Absolutely loved pretty much everything Colin, Jen, and Josh had to say (he's become quite the perceptive CS shipper, hasn't he?).  Emma's favorite moment did produce an epic eye roll from me, but you know getting that result in the poll earlier in the year was quite the concerted effort from that certain group.  The discussion over Hook's fan favorite moment more than make up for it.

• Love 2

Emma's favorite moment did produce an epic eye roll from me, but you know getting that result in the poll earlier in the year was quite the concerted effort from that certain group.

I hate that the doorway scene was even an option for Emma's favorite character moment because the scene is actually framed more around Regina and her happy ending. Why not choose a scene where it's about Emma and her character's progression, like the scene where Emma finally embraces her magic and watches the fireworks with her family?

• Love 6

No - it's because it's not about Regina!

;)

*sigh*

I enjoyed the David part and when they talk about Snow Falls. That was such an awesome episode. I think it's too bad that they tend to lump Snowing together though. It's like they're not two characters.

I also hated the heart splitting thingy even though I absolutely teared up when they thought he was going to die. I still cringe that they only child they talked about was Do Over. Emma who?

• Love 1

Only on this show would taking a child away from a mass murderer who nearly killed him once while trying to murder his birth mother and who rejects him, saying she doesn't want him around, when it's inconvenient or upsetting for her, and who lets him devote his life to her happiness rather than her putting any thought whatsoever into whether he's happy be considered a "selfish" act that's a sign of darkness.

But I wouldn't be at all surprised.

It's funny when I hear the fans in the special talk about relating to a character or that the show is about hope. I guess I watch for different reasons. I don't think I've ever related to a character, because shows I watch are so removed from reality.

ETA: Hot Topic has the Captain Hook Funko Pops available online now:

http://search.hottopic.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&lbc=hottopic&w=funko%20pop%20once

Edited by Writing Wrongs

It's funny when I hear the fans in the special talk about relating to a character or that the show is about hope. I guess I watch for different reasons. I don't think I've ever related to a character, because shows I watch are so removed from reality.

ETA: Hot Topic has the Captain Hook Funko Pops available online now:

http://search.hottopic.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&lbc=hottopic&w=funko%20pop%20once

Oh yeah, they mentioned hope so many times. If you're a criminal, it may give you hope. But if you're a good person, this show is kind of depressing since the good guys keep getting screwed.

• Love 6