Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Football Game Night

• Start Topic

I was yelling PASS,PASS! when Apollo was trying to give the clue for Ben Kingsley. If you don't come up with, "he played Ghandi" then move it along already! The guy who was also giving clues in the final round did it better with his clue for Tom Hanks: Philadelphia actor... or something like that.

Add Tara Lipinski to the list of people I don't want to see on this show again.  That little patter with Jane was zzzzz..... Did anyone see her put her hand on the player's knee next to her? Forgot his name.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 1

Ghandi was released in 1982...same year as Apolo was born...he probably has never seen it...or connected him to Iron Man 3

I was yelling PASS,PASS! when Apollo was trying to give the clue for Ben Kingsley. If you don't come up with, "he played Ghandi" then move it along already!

Ghandi was released in 1982...same year as Apolo was born...he probably has never seen it...or connected him to Iron Man 3

I was born in 1982. I know he was Ghandi. And I never watched the movie. It's the role he's known for. It's also a very well known one. But, yeah, if you can't pull that name out. Pass.
  • Love 2

Yes, Rich Eisen is known for his sportscasting and stuff but he will always be one of my favorite commenters on the "I Love the 80's" series.

I watch football and some reality tv, so between the two, I know who everyone was.

Rich busting Maurice Jones Drew was so savage but I was cracking up.

• Love 1

Not a sports fan, only knew who Apollo and Tara were, and the former only because of DWTS, believe it or not. Nobody was very good at this, but the female civilian was good enough to keep her lead. The second team really tanked in Where Ya Goin'. I'm surprised they managed to pull off a win in the bonus round but again, I think that had more to do with how good the civilian contestant was than either of the two pro athletes. 

They did seem to being having a good time and that's half the fun. I don't always know who all the "celebrities" are anyway so I'm not opposed to having an athlete night once in awhile. 

I enjoyed this ep more than I thought I would since I'm not a big football fan and didn't know Rich Eisen, Nate Burleson, or Maurice Jones Drew. (Burleson, btw, reminded me of Mario Lopez, particularly in the eyes.)

No Harm No Vowel was too easy.

I'm not sure I like that guessers can see both drawings in Double Draw.

Boy, were Tara, Nate, and Rich terrible at acting out the songs in Show Me The Music. Apolo was really good, and his teammates were pretty good, too.

I liked Pop Quiz because everyone was having a great time. I don't usually care for this game.

Apolo again was good in Where Ya Goin'? I felt embarrassed for Adam when he thought the Hollywood Bowl had to do with football.

I was surprised that Apolo had such a bad start in Celebrity Name Game, but he got better. Nate was very good.

• Love 1

I was surprised that Apolo had such a bad start in Celebrity Name Game, but he got better. Nate was very good.

I was surprised too, I thought Apolo would kill it in that round. I would have chosen Rich Eisen, but Nate was a nice surprise. I knew he'd be good when he started off Tom Hanks as "Philadelphia actor". The civilian was pretty good too, she was able to get answers fast on limited clues and/or clues that are not great to begin with. 

• Love 1

Al Michaels is Lead Commentator on NBC's Sunday Night Football telecasts, paired with former Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback Cris Collinsworth. He also does NBC's Olympic coverage.

He may be best known for calling the "Miracle on Ice" 1980 Lake Placid Winter Olympics Hockey Game ("Do you believe in miracles? ... Comes true!") when the US unexpectedly defeated the then Soviet Union team & went on to win the Gold in the competition, when he worked for ABC Sports.

Al Michaels is Lead Commentator on NBC's Sunday Night Football telecasts, paired with former Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback Cris Collinsworth. He also does NBC's Olympic coverage.

He may be best known for calling the "Miracle on Ice" 1980 Lake Placid Winter Olympics Hockey Game ("Do you believe in miracles? ... Comes true!") when the US unexpectedly defeated the then Soviet Union team & went on to win the Gold in the competition, when he worked for ABC Sports.

I guess Jane's joke about believing in miracles becasue she is a  50 something actress and working went over a lot of people's heads.

Not sayng Gandi  for Ben Kingsley is like not saying Gone with the wind for Vivian Leigh. 

• Love 1

Not to nitpick, but the quote is, "Do you believe in miracles?  YES!!!"

I've never been a huge fan of Tara Lipinski, and this episode did nothing to change my mind.

I was born before 1982 but only just and I said, "Ghandi" when the name came up.   

But regardless if you can't think of a role he's played or something unique about his personal life then you pass.

I was born in late 1987 and have never seen the movie, but "Ghandi" is still my first thought when Ben Kingsley comes up. There is a lot of pop culture I know about even though it occurred before I was born. I don't think "He/she wasn't born yet." is a good excuse for lack of pop culture knowledge in many cases.

• Love 1

Can the clue givers suggest to the civilian to "pass" when only that player is allowed to pass?  I'd have passed on Ben Kingsley. I'd have  wanted to say, "Moses" and some of those Bible movies, but I'd prolly have been wrong. ;-) 

Can the clue givers suggest to the civilian to "pass" when only that player is allowed to pass?  I'd have passed on Ben Kingsley. I'd have  wanted to say, "Moses" and some of those Bible movies, but I'd prolly have been wrong. ;-) 

Yes, they can. Recently the clue givers decided to pass on Olivia Munn. They just said "pass, pass" until the contestant said "pass".

• Love 1