Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: 14 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

Episode synopsis: The contestants pair up and prepare three main dishes, each with one of the following holiday themes:  July 4th, Mardi Gras and Cinco de Mayo; challenge winners are flown to Santa Inez Valley, where they blend their own wine.

Did the red team really all choose the blonde or did Jackie browbeat and threaten them? I don't get why Jackie is still there. She scares me.

I'm not sure why Paul was booted, was he the worst? The guy who got kicked out of the kitchen, (Kevin?) is he gone too? I'm sorry to ask so many questions but I got lost in the frenzy.

• Love 3

I am not sure why Dannie was stating that she was the leader on the red team.  The red team keeps losing.  Being the leader of the losers is not anything to brag about.

Jackie is scary.  She is being kept for the drama.  No way she could ever run a kitchen.

Why am I still watching this junk?

• Love 9

I'm not sure why Paul was booted, was he the worst? The guy who got kicked out of the kitchen, (Kevin?) is he gone too? I'm sorry to ask so many questions but I got lost in the frenzy.

Paul?

Alan of the big glasses and crazy neck tattoo was pretty shit too.  And that's why he went.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

I am not sure why Dannie was stating that she was the leader on the red team. The red team keeps losing. Being the leader of the losers is not anything to brag about.

Jackie is scary. She is being kept for the drama. No way she could ever run a kitchen.

Why am I still watching this junk?

I'm asking myself the same question.

As far as Dannie and Jackie....I agree with you also.

I'll watch until the end most likely but I can't see myself watching another season.

• Love 1

I say that every year.

Did all the kids go home hungry?

Yeah, I've been known to say it before.  All I can say is that there is something different about this year.  Don't know why.  It just is.

As far as the kids go, I don't know.  They probably got fed off camera.   All I can say is I wouldn't want my child to see/hear what was going on. 

• Love 6

Yeah, I've been known to say it before.  All I can say is that there is something different about this year.  Don't know why.  It just is.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think that's an illusion (based maybe on previous seasons all kind of compacting together so much in our memories). It's ALWAYS this bad--at least since around the very earliest seasons. What's changed isn't the show, perhaps, but it wearing and eating away at our tolerance for it. What used to be horrifying but funny is now more just horrifying. Still funny for a short while, even still, but it wears off faster.

I've finally admitted to myself that I've developed a pattern with shows like this (another big one like this is The Biggest Loser). I'll watch for the laughs/mockery of it at the beginning. Then I'll fall behind on episodes and start procrastinating about catching up. I'll get more and more behind and eventually the finale airs and on some occasions I might mentally shrug and watch the finale, but... not always. And then next season I do it all over again (and maybe fall behind/grow tired of it earlier than the previous season).

I imagine I'm not the only person set in this pattern.

• Love 9

I think the season with the racist twins and that poor dumb wounded bear of a woman vs passive-aggressive victim lady broke me of enjoying the reindeer games. And wouldn't you know it, that piece of psychotic trash Robyn is being rehabilitated by The Food Network...

• Love 1

I think the season with the racist twins and that poor dumb wounded bear of a woman vs passive-aggressive victim lady broke me of enjoying the reindeer games. And wouldn't you know it, that piece of psychotic trash Robyn is being rehabilitated by The Food Network...

I don't remember a season with twins. Do you remember which one it was?

• Love 1

I finally got around to watching the last episode.  Dannie sort of surprised me.  After the first episode or two, I thought she might be the strongest woman but I clearly was wrong.  I can't understand her very well so I'm still not sure what she was yelling at Hassan about after he joined the team but her bad attitude was obvious.  

Hassan is trying to do everything right after being put in a difficult position.  I hope the shrews don't drag him down.  I think he'd be good-looking if he'd trim that scraggy beard.

It bothers me that Gordon and the chefs were using bad language, loudly and often, when the dining room was full of kids.  They shouldn't be exposed to that, TV show or no TV show.

Edited by mlp
  • Love 4

It bothers me that Gordon and the chefs were using bad language, loudly and often, when the dining room was full of kids.  They shouldn't be exposed to that, TV show or no TV show.

It bothered me too that they used so much bad language during the show. It actually seemed like Ramsey was cursing a lot more then usual. (and he was very loud too)

• Love 5

I looked away for what felt like five seconds, but I swear I've seen other chefs do what Kevin did (...make a mistake and then mouth off to Ramsay, right?) approximately 5,984,170 times and not one of them has ever been sent home. I mean, he kept Spaghetti from the Bin Jen and several other chefs who Served Pink Chicken and even a couple who Served Pink Chicken to a VIP.

Ramsay has a short fuse about mistakes, but he's ultimately pretty forgiving, unless someone flavored the risotto with arsenic or something.

I smell a personal issue for Kevin, and an unwillingness to play along with a fake story (i.e., medical emergency) to salvage his edit.

• Love 2

Perhaps the network is growing tired of the extended seasons, or needs to make room for some other gameshow, and told Ramsey he doesn't get as many episodes this season. Hence, Kevin gets kicked to the curb.

I thought Dannie was going to be the strong candidate from the woman's team, also. After this week, though, it seems that she may be a strong individual, but she hasn't translated that to the skill of being a leader in the kitchen. That's what Hassan seemed to be, although he also seemed to falter on that front last week.

I'm still waiting for Frank to go postal. The potential remains.

• Love 4

Perhaps the network is growing tired of the extended seasons, or needs to make room for some other gameshow, and told Ramsey he doesn't get as many episodes this season. Hence, Kevin gets kicked to the curb.

At the very least we know a FULL other season beyond this one has already been produced (since many people accidentally saw it streamed online in place of the actual first episode of this season). 

• Love 2

They should have dumped 4 or 5 more at the end of this episode.

Jackie is a psycho,can't cook at all (assigned to make kiddies grilled cheese?), was a filthy pig at the winery and in the dorms, and is obviously here strictly for drama. She would be lucky to be the midnight cook at a Waffle House with her skills and personality.

Joe is the male version of Jackie. Can't cook, talks like a psuedo tough guy, and has about as much chance of being handed the keys to a GR restaurant as my dog does.

Danni (I'm the leader) is another numbskull. Hasn't the Red Team lost every single challenge under her "leadership"? Must be that new style that seems to be in style now, the leading from behind.

Out of the rest, there are really only 2 or 3 who have any skill at all in the kitchen, the rest are nothing but filler and drama.

Edited by MajorWoody
  • Love 5