Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

I would much rather see sharon more as she has barely been on lately.

saw her instagram and she said to someone who wanted a set tour that she couldn't do it cause she wasn't in production right now...:(

NOT me. I am loving all the sharon free time.. and Jensen used to be great. I hope she still is.. maybe Sharon is going to be killed off.. could I really be so lucky?

NOT me. I am loving all the sharon free time.. and Jensen used to be great. I hope she still is.. maybe Sharon is going to be killed off.. could I really be so lucky?

What else do they really have for her to do at this point besides die, or at least disappear for a while? This character had the chance to be reinvented after Phyllis came back to town, but nope. *sigh* I had high hopes for Chelsea, too, and look what she's become.

• Love 3

so, i read that jason thompson is leaving gh and heading to y&r.

at least jamey giddens thinks so.

wonder if he will be a recast or just ANOTHER NEWBIE....

blech, how many is that now that jill and chuckles have brought in.

where's sharon?

where's sharon?

Right? What the hell is with this show? Why bring in another MAN??????? Who is JT going to play? Chance? I like the idea of Chance, if only to dethrone Darvon, as an actual member of Kay's family. But the canvas feels polluted with people who are not Y&R: Chelsea and Sage and Dylan and Marisa and Matchabelli. They brought in MEK for what is possibly the worst story in a sea of horrific stories and now they'll bring a new actor??? ugh.

And in the meantime a beautiful, hugely popular central heroine is isolated from everyone on the show to be victimized by a newbie. We all know why Sharon is getting even this much story. For Dylan. Everything about Sharon is entirely about Dylan. Her motivations, her suffering, her joy and ultimately her salvation. And if this evil Doctor turns out to be that broken back diver girl, then the story will be about Dylan AND Nick and their man pain. They'll suffer and bond and then save Sharon and likely Sage and that blanket baby as well.

I am bitter but I am really truly trying to find a reason to watch this show. Something. Anything. But I can't. My faves (Jack and Sharon -- who take turns being isolated and tortured it seems -- and even Phyllis played by GT) are shells of characters. And then to read about big ass acquisitions of ACTORS FROM GH?????

Ah crap ETA: Isn't Jensen Buchanan also coming on board???? AAAARGH. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 10

the rumors of jh leaving the show for prime time are running rampant cause he has not yet announced a new contract being signed with y&r so some believe it will be a recast adam.

or maybe a recast billy but i highly doubt that.

LOLOL  maybe it's a nick recast cause jm is going on to bigger and better things making movies....

he's such a great actor and all that donchaknow?

• Love 6

so, in the last year we have these newbies: sage, marissa, dr. anderson, gwens sister, dr. neville, luca.

elise moxley (jensen) is coming, ilsa ( no casting announcement yet) is coming. jt is coming.

that's 9 newbies.  did i miss anyone?

• Love 1

Has anyone else caught the latest DC podcast? They were discussing the "leading man" leaving their soap (and, from their conversation, it clearly was not JT they were referring to, because they mentioned that he was leaving), and Jamey Giddens was asked whether JH could be the subject of that BI, and he said he'd made inquiries, and he said that he got "nothing" from his sources. He said that usually the people in the know will immediately say that the scuttlebutt isn't true. They'll shut it down, but he said that what he experienced was "radio silence". And it was clear from the podcast that he thinks it's probably true that JH is leaving.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 1

LOL  when jensen was announced, i tweeted to jamey "another newbie" and he tweeted me back that unless you were a brooks or foster everyone was a newbie..

he likes jensen and was fangirling so i guess he took exception to my tweet.

• Love 5

so, in the last year we have these newbies: sage, marissa, dr. anderson, gwens sister, dr. neville, luca.

elise moxley (jensen) is coming, ilsa ( no casting announcement yet) is coming. jt is coming.

that's 9 newbies.  did i miss anyone?

Joe, The Invisible Man?

• Love 3

I meant to post this several days ago but been busy and an air head. MTS / Nikki was featured on a show called "The Haunting"

(Subtitled of..... Then a celebrity's name) This is a show where an actor tells of a ghostly experience and some paranormal investigator or psychic medium get involved and its all taped. I didn't watch it - but may try to collect more info or see if its on demand.

Did anyone catch it??

• Love 1

Some significant cast changes are happening at CBS Daytime's The Young and the Restless. First up is the exit of Lachlan Buchanan.

Numerous sources tell me the actor has been let go from the soap opera. Buchanan was the third actor in recent years to play an adult version of Jack Abbott's (Peter Bergman) son, Kyle.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/10/26/lachlan-buchanan-out-at-the-young-and-the-restless

RIP Garden Gnome.

Kyle gets killed off or recast again for the 4th time?

• Love 3

Jason Thompson (38) is way too old for Kyle.

However, Emme Rylan (34) and Melissa Ordinary (32) are way too old for Abby who is supposed to be the same age as Kyle, so who knows? LOL!

ETA:

UPDATE: According to The Young and the Restless, Buchanan has been taken off contract but will continue to recur.

Edited by spinxella
  • Love 2

Another soap forum--which tends to be relatively nasty anyway--is blaming it mainly on HHK and his presumed inability to convey real chemistry with her. I thought there was a rumor that they were dating IRL? Whatever, would it be too much to hope that CBS has found a job for her elsewhere? Hasn't she been trying to move to primetime?

I don't know why for sure but I wouldn't bet on KSJ right now. Not that I'm wishing anything bad on the guy but they seem to have written Neil into a pretty deep hole.

• Love 7

LOL  dropped to recurring?

ok, but then hopefully, when he's not been on for a while it will come out he was fired all together.

yeah. It's interesting that Giddens said he heard from multiple sources that LB was out. And then he got a correction saying he's on recurring. Sounds to me that for all intents and purposes he's out. But they aren't going to bother writing for Kyle (i.e. recasting him) in the near future.

What interests me is what does this mean for Summer? HHK hasn't been seen much and clearly that stupid pairing is a disaster.

• Love 6

LB is really close to the rest of the cast, so maybe he intends to stay on the recurring while doing other things. He's close to HKK, Camryn, Robert, Greg. The scoobies are scoobies in real life with the amount of off time they spend together. 

• Love 2

Another soap forum--which tends to be relatively nasty anyway--is blaming it mainly on HHK and his presumed inability to convey real chemistry with her. I thought there was a rumor that they were dating IRL? Whatever, would it be too much to hope that CBS has found a job for her elsewhere? Hasn't she been trying to move to primetime?

I don't know why for sure but I wouldn't bet on KSJ right now. Not that I'm wishing anything bad on the guy but they seem to have written Neil into a pretty deep hole.

There was a blind item from Michael Goldberg at Serial Scoop that said a couple of "young" soap stars who are "as nice as can be" IRL "can't stand" to be around the other. Just venturing a guess here, but this is the third Kyle that HHK has played opposite in a relatively short span of time. I'm just wondering if she's the handful that I'd just about bet on. It's true that Gnome and his most recent predecessor, Lurch, weren't a hit with viewers, but if that was a predictor of how long they'd be in the role, BJ would have been gone a long, long time ago.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 1

This is 5 years old but it's my favourite Peter Bergman interview (with Sara Bibel). Feeling nostalgic for the days when I had hope for the show and when PB spoke his mind in interviews.

Is Jack going to be allowed a victory?  He’s suffered a lot of defeats the past couple years.
I’ve been doing this twenty years now and I’ve been wondering if that was ever going to happen, too.  And I’ve stopped wondering.  For the audience, I would think they’d say, ‘Oh, Jack’s going up against Victor.  We can see this coming down Broadway.’  It’s the same thing all over again.  I’m waiting for the next group of writers to come in and say, ‘What if Jack actually won?’  It hasn’t happened in twenty years.  I don’t know.

It would make Victor more interesting, too.  A character who wins fifty percent of the time and loses fifty percent of the time is the most fascinating.
That’s been my argument all the time.  What’s fascinating about Muhammad Ali is not that he won every single bout.  What’s fascinating about Muhammad Ali is he hit bottom two different times.  He had to fight his way back to be the champion three different times.  I don’t know who is driving this, but to me it’s so predictable and boring.

Who is going to be the next woman in his life?

If I had to guess, Phyllis.  I don’t know. I can never quite make out priorities and what’s important to whom.  Frankly, I show up in my dressing room,  there’s a script there, I look at it, [and] I figure out how I’m going to make it better than it is.

• Love 13

That's a great interview, Mia.  He expressed what I feel the majority of viewers feel and have known for a long time. And it's pretty clear that he was alluding to a BTS agenda that's fueled by some obligations that never get aired (except on boards like these).

• Love 7

RIP Orange Billy!

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/10/31/burgess-jenkins-out-at-young-and-restless

Burgess Jenkins is OUT.

Jason Thompson is currently negotiating a deal to play the NEW Billy Abbott.

Setside sources reveal former General Hospital star Jason Thompson (ex-Patrick) is the frontrunner to replace Jenkins in the role. However, a deal between Thompson and the CBS soap hasn't been reached yet.

'They're moving forward with or without Jason," says one insider.

Rumblings persist Y&R is gearing up to do another plastic surgery arc to explain how Billy Abbott goes from looking like Jenkins, to potentially having the mug of Thompson.

• Love 2

I don't see Jason athompson as Billy Abbott at all. Maybe, it's the dark hair but I guess he'll be playing a more Burgess Jenkins Billy rather than rough around the edges Billy Miller's Billy. Jason is a great actor & cryer but I think he's being miscast as Billy. He looks too old to be Jess Waltons son.

• Love 2

No Stitch can leave. But AH has a hard time getting chemistry or a pairing to catch on. This is part the actresses fault and part the writing.

I said this 2 yrs ago on here or twop, Billy Abbott is gonna be this shows version of Kevin Buchanan or Jake Martin where it'll be a new actor every yr or 2.

Jason Thompson would make a horrible Billy and he's kinda a weird actor performance wise and backstage. I don't see him lasting or fitting in.

I saw a recent pic of Kirsten Storms (GH Maxie, Days Belle) on twitter just her face and her rail thin body was obscured but jut her face as she's aging is starting to look a lot like Jessica Collins (y&r Avery). I thought it was her lol.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4