Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 11/23/2016 at 10:31 AM, peacheslatour said:

Does it throw anyone else's formatting out of whack when there are tweets in the thread?

God yes! The administrators have an admonition about imbedded Tweets posted, but people keep doing it. How 'bout they just prohibit posting anything copied/pasted/linked, etcetera from Twitter. Do us all a service. Just reference material and put it in quotations. That's enough.

• Love 4

Speaking of Tweets... I saw one from SoapOprea Spy yesterday that there's a rumor that Bella's dad isn't Billy, but Ronan. The source is probably CDL, but I could see that being true. It's probably not, as they still keep wanting to hammer that square peg -JT - into that small round hole.

• Love 2

LOLOL  cdl is famous for visiting other boards and taking posters posts about what they would like to happen then put it in their column as rumor or upcoming spoiler....just like they took yrranger's post (at soc) about ian ward being sharon's father..they posted it as fact...

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Speaking of Tweets... I saw one from SoapOprea Spy yesterday that there's a rumor that Bella's dad isn't Billy, but Ronan. The source is probably CDL, but I could see that being true. It's probably not, as they still keep wanting to hammer that square peg -JT - into that small round hole.

CDL is trash. Don't believe a single word they say unless you see it posted on a legit site. 

I haven't even seen any rumors anywhere about Ronan possibly coming back so I don't know where they're getting this bullshit from.

• Love 2

Billy does not need another kid in any way, shape or form. They sent out a casting notice for a man with his age listed as specifically 32 for some reason but he's supposed to be a journalist. Ronan was a cop or something, right? Maybe the father is Chance. I'd rather the kid be either of theirs just to have Nina back.

• Love 6

apparently after mts tweeted about "the ranch set" and being upset jfp had it burned down due to wanting the underground set like in hollywood heights.  there is now a petition to restore "the old set"..it could be a surprise for nikki when she and turd get back from their vacay..

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JessePinkman said:

Billy does not need another kid in any way, shape or form. They sent out a casting notice for a man with his age listed as specifically 32 for some reason but he's supposed to be a journalist. Ronan was a cop or something, right? Maybe the father is Chance. I'd rather the kid be either of theirs just to have Nina back.

It would be great if Darvon hired an actual journalist and made GC Buzz at least somewhat respectable. But alas, I see a triangle between Hilary, Darvon and Journal Boy.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 4
On 12/6/2016 at 6:49 PM, LeftPhalange said:

They need to get some actual young people to write stories and dialog for the younger set. The old(er) people clearly have no idea how teens/young adults talk, act, what they care about, etc. 

What???  How can you say that???  They are perfectly aware that teens love watching ViewClick and posting stuff to Faceplace! :)

• Love 11
10 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

apparently after mts tweeted about "the ranch set" and being upset jfp had it burned down due to wanting the underground set like in hollywood heights.  there is now a petition to restore "the old set"..it could be a surprise for nikki when she and turd get back from their vacay..

Why?! My gawd, but it needed revamping. It was stuck in the VERY early '80s of pouffy balloon valances in mint and vomit pink. I don't like the current version of the raunch, but really? As spare as that set is, even it is better than Nikki's version of it. 

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Why?! My gawd, but it needed revamping. It was stuck in the VERY early '80s of pouffy balloon valances in mint and vomit pink. I don't like the current version of the raunch, but really? As spare as that set is, even it is better than Nikki's version of it. 

This.

For that matter, Sharon's cabin could do with some furniture that was bought at some point after WWII...that se has always looked cluttered to me, and after looking up vintage furniture for my own home project, that sofa and that Victorian dragonfly chair stick out especially. It's just so damn dark.

• Love 5

I disagree, the teen set of Billy, Mac, Brittany and Raul got me into the show personally.  But that's not why I think they shouldn't abandon teens, I think teens are essential to the multi-generational feel of soap operas. Too much of soaps has become people who are vaguely 30-45 years old screwing each other.

I disagree too. I think that the younger set has been missing too long. I am glad Reed is coming but that kid is as unattractive as AH is.. so I guess it works LOL

• Love 2

Sharon and Nick would be diabolically dumb and boring. 

So agree, I know anything is possible on the soaps but this would be way too unbelievable.. no way Nick could forget she has bedded his 2 brothers and his daddy.. too gross of a thought. UGH and EWWW all wrapped in one.

• Love 3

It would be great if Darvon hired an actual journalist and made GC Buzz at least somewhat respectable. But alas, I see a triangle between Hilary, 

I can't wait to watch Hilary trying to sabotage Mariah.. these 2 vipers could be fun to watch. I am still pissed Mariah got a free pass on the kidnapping.

For that matter, Sharon's cabin could do with some furniture that was bought at some point after WWII.

the fugly yellow couch needs to be torched along with her squatters shack.. it makes no sense to me why she would still want to be on their ranch and why Dylan would want to live there.. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

For that matter, Sharon's cabin could do with some furniture that was bought at some point after WWII...that se has always looked cluttered to me, and after looking up vintage furniture for my own home project, that sofa and that Victorian dragonfly chair stick out especially. It's just so damn dark.

This multiplied by 1,000, I always thought that was the most depressing house.  Not to mention, despite Sharon's dusting in high heels, it always looks dirty to me.

3 hours ago, crosby777 said:

it makes no sense to me why she would still want to be on their ranch and why Dylan would want to live there.. 

It's free :)

10 hours ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Sigh...I had those and I have no idea why I thought they looked sp good.  MORE tissue paper, it's needs more pouf!!!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 8

I saw the cover of SOD in the checkout line this morning, and it told me that Billy and Phyllis had the "hottest affair" of 2016.  Yougotthat?  If it's in print, it must be true.  I'm just going to go with it.  I need to get used to living in alternate realities for the next four years , so why not start with this?

• Love 21
13 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I saw the cover of SOD in the checkout line this morning, and it told me that Billy and Phyllis had the "hottest affair" of 2016.  Yougotthat?  If it's in print, it must be true.  I'm just going to go with it.  I need to get used to living in alternate realities for the next four years , so why not start with this?

Neither one of them seemed all that interested in having sex with each other so I'm not sure what's "hot" about it, but ok. I'm just going to mind my business. 

• Love 15

It's dumb to call it a hottest affair.  It's dumb to glamorize affairs.  Generally they are hurtful things.  In retrospect I kind of liked that storyline because it didn't turn out romantic.  It did great damage.  People are suffering for it.  I think that's all accidental and it could have been hugely effective done with thought, care and imagination.  But at least it didn't end in a big church wedding.  The new writers may milk some drama out of it yet.  I am sorry it split Jack and Phyllis but only because I am not convinced they get back together... which matters to me because I so enjoy the actors together.  Although I liked Jack and Emily Peterson too.  

Forgive me, I will whine.  I hold onto things.  I still want John and Jill back together and the odds on that one are long to say the least. 

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

In retrospect I kind of liked that storyline because it didn't turn out romantic.  It did great damage.  People are suffering for it.  I think that's all accidental and it could have been hugely effective done with thought, care and imagination.  But at least it didn't end in a big church wedding.  

That's the one thing they did get right, as opposed to the Phick bullshit that got way long in the tooth.

• Love 7

SOD only has 4 soaps to cover and they're all terrible so they're desperate for content and a way to make the shows enticing. Have you guys every read their hit or miss section? They damn with faint praise because they applaud things like the most basic continuity (remembering someone is the grandson of someone for instance). 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

They declared the Sully story the year's best storyline. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, miamama said:

Well, yes, in an alternate reality, the Sully story was absolutely plausible and made perfect sense.  Your eyes, ears, and memory should no longer be considered reliable.  The Sully story was 2016's Citizen Kane. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Snaporaz said:

Well, yes, in an alternate  post-truth reality, the Sully story was absolutely plausible and made perfect sense.  Your eyes, ears, and memory should no longer be considered reliable.  The Sully story was 2016's Citizen Kane. 

ftfy

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, miamama said:

For Y&R or for all of soapdom?

I realize it's slim pickings these days, but I'd think there was something more worthy of that title. Stefano's exit story on Days, maybe? Hell, I'd rate that boring ass Nicole surrogacy story on B&B to be higher than this entirely irredeemable story. Next to Delia being killed, never has this show produced such a pointless ass story.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

For Y&R or for all of soapdom?

I realize it's slim pickings these days, but I'd think there was something more worthy of that title. Stefano's exit story on Days, maybe? Hell, I'd rate that boring ass Nicole surrogacy story on B&B to be higher than this entirely irredeemable story. Next to Delia being killed, never has this show produced such a pointless ass story.

for all soaps apparently. Speaks to the stupidity of the mag.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 6

I am sorry it split Jack and Phyllis but only because I am not convinced they get back together.

Not me.. that is the best part of the story.. I can't stand pussy Jack. ICK ICK ICK.. and I hate him even more when he is paired with Phyllis.. DEATH to PHACK.

On 12/12/2016 at 2:45 AM, crosby777 said:

Not me.. that is the best part of the story.. I can't stand pussy Jack. ICK ICK ICK.. and I hate him even more when he is paired with Phyllis.. DEATH to PHACK.

I'm not clear, you don't like Jack?  Or is it Phyllis? 

Your posts aren't clear to me.....

Don't get it.

• Love 8

Hopefully, Jack is allowed some victories now, or at least not written to be as stupid as he can sometimes come across.

id be happier if they let the fund between him and Victor die. There's nothing else to gain from that. I mean, it all started over Ashley and the events that led her to get the abortion, right? A new viewer wouldn't even know that today, especially since she and Prick are still fairly close friends.

Its dead, Jim.

• Love 6

Well I am not thrilled with GT's Phyllis but compared to Jack.. I love her.. Jack is the most disgustingly weak male on the show.. well him and Darvon are tied.. Is that clearer? LOL HATE HATE HATE Jack

Lol, Michelle Stafford, is that you?

• Love 14

AY (love the new auto avatars): The feud is complex and yes includes Ashley's abortion but also Jack and Nikki's stillborn and various other things, including Jack's need to be Alpha Male. But agree it needs to end on the business front. They can snark and whatever but it's silly when Victor just keeps kicking Jack's ass but in a sense never really wins because Jack keeps/gets Jabot back anyways. SS pretty much said exactly that in her interview.

I sense too that PB and EB kind of enjoy playing scenes together after all these years so the odd snark scene with the two of them is good enough.

• Love 7

Jack is weak. A real man would hire a psychopathic doppelgänger to replace his most bitter rival. All that spineless Abbott wimp needs is some baling twine, roadkill (advanced stages of decomp preferred), and a dollar store novelty mustache and no one in the Newman family will be the wiser. Nikki might even find the sex greatly improved. 

oh lord, yrinsider tweeted a pic of blonde bombshell phyl and nick together....

This cannot be. GT gives Phyllis enough substance to make her too good for Nick. I know she rode in the Buttbiscuit Rodeo (8 seconds, y'all!), but this is no way to redeem her for that. 

• Love 16

Sure seemed like a chemistry test... I would like them to just be friends for now.. but if the chemistry is there I say why not.. they are both single..

Jack is weak.

Yes he is.. and now he is going after Fenmores? He is no better than his rival Victor. HE is all talk.. Jack is so damn sickening.

1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

hope we're not in for phuck 8.0

I didn't get the impression that the pic was supposed to be a hint that Phyllis and Nick might be happening again. Just seemed like GT and JM wanted to take a pic together. 

• Love 4

holy crap, i just read the best rumor...well, for me it is anyway..

at a different board, apparently it is wildly rumored that WALT WILLEY will start in feb.2017 as sharon's father aaron collins..

i am so hoping this is true...WW is a great actor...i know him from amc where he played jackson montgomery and erica kane's great love..

he would also look marvelous with ashley and can stand up to the victor character and ooooozes charisma.

i also hope he's as rich as crassus.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

holy crap, i just read the best rumor...well, for me it is anyway..

at a different board, apparently it is wildly rumored that WALT WILLEY will start in feb.2017 as sharon's father aaron collins..

i am so hoping this is true...WW is a great actor...i know him from amc where he played jackson montgomery and erica kane's great love..

he would also look marvelous with ashley and can stand up to the victor character and ooooozes charisma.

i also hope he's as rich as crassus.

Oh man, I'd love that too.  They'd have to recast Doris, though.  Which would also be fine with me.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

WW would be fantastic. I have mixed feelings though because former AMC actors generally have gotten the short shrift on Y&R. I had been hoping Tucker would turn out to be Sharon's father but no, I guess we can't have her related to Katherine Chancellor (and Devon...).

• Love 6