Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Justin Hartley /ex Adam isn't a bad actor the writing was atrocious and he was given crap direction. 

This POS show keeps doing this and it's pissing me off. An actor comes and is sup heavy front burner. Did it with Marissa, Luca, NuAdam, crazy Doctor, smelly, ect. How about when ya have a newbie don't make them a major part of each episode? It makes the show very disjointed and the comings and goings more jarring. Jmho 

• Love 10

^^JFP did this with her newbies (and Pratt's being allowed by MY to continue this with you-know-who) and the fans have reached new levels of resentment for these flash in the pan NEXT greatest sensation meh actors who are unleashed relentlessly. Nobody wants to be pounded over the head and enema-ized into liking these people. Creating storylines in which they're brought in and systematically propped by degrading existing ones is odious. It only makes us hate the showrunners and their new pets with enough heat to sear the chrome off a trailer hitch. I STILL don't like SBu and it's because he was thrust into frontburner status (in addition to still being the blandest character just about ever created in this show's history). I can tolerate him today, but it's only because now he's being relegated to just about benchwarmer in favor of Show's new big thang and I don't even want to mention his name. I'm lookin' at you, Thompson, you gecko. Why don't you go find a brick wall to climb? The sooner the better.

• Love 7
On Saturday, September 03, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

11 Shocking Moments from 'The Young and the Restless:

http://www.ew.com/gallery/young-and-restless-shocking-moments

I think this must've been created by someone who isn't really a fan of the show because some of the moments aren't all that shocking, IMO. The Preverts probably could've come up with a much better list.

It's kind of hard to be shocked anymore when spoilers are everywhere and a writer like Pratt telegraphs things in neon from a 1000 miles away.  If I had to pick something recent, I'd say learning Mariah was not Sharon's hallucination.  That threw me and made me think I was hallucinating, because Real Ghost Cassie was never mean.  As for classics, Sheila's baby swap (of course), Lauren being buried alive by her stalker neighbor (I think his name was Sean?), and Nathan contracting HIV from his affair with Keesha.  And Colleen dying...I didn't see that coming.

• Love 5

Lawd almighty, CBS SID and Chuck Pratt are bringing the lulz hard and fast! Check out these smushy brown nuggets Pratt passes off as "thoughts about Billy and Phyllis." 

"He's not giving up!" laughs executive producer/headwriter Charles Pratt Jr. "No matter what is going on with Phyllis - who she says she wants to be with - Billy thinks that, in her heart, Phyllis only has room for him..."

Yes, well, every stalker thinks that, I'm sure. And I guess the omniscient Buttbiscuit must know a woman's mind better than her. 

"Phyllis knows Jack is good for her. But there is also something wrong there - something she can't get over. It goes back to Marco. Billy is instant satisfaction, like ice cream: It may be bad for you, but it hits the spot! "

You have to give Pratt credit; the man can pack ten pounds of insulting, repellent intellectual diarrhea into a leaky five pound bag. He never gave a gnat's testicle about the emotional fallout from Marco's repeated sexual violations of Phyllis before and I'm not buying it from him now. The Marco problem should be resolved by therapy, which doesn't include lying on a couch with your husband's brother on top of you. Pro-tip for Pratt: Instant satisfaction, be it from a pint of ice cream or a bland vanilla popsicle from the No Humor Man doesn't really ameliorate the pain of rape, you disturbed prick.

"That spark was smoldering for Billy, and now it's on fire! He gets everything he needs from his time with Phyllis. He always felt judged by others in his life, [but] Phyllis doesn't judge him..."

Well, as long as Billy gets everything he wants and needs, to hell with the rest of the world! Grope your brother's wife under their dinner table and satisfy those urges. And people judge Billy because he's an aimless, overprivileged, entitled fuck-up...say, are we sure he isn't a Newman? 

Please, someone fire this fool. 

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

"Phyllis knows Jack is good for her. But there is also something wrong there - something she can't get over. It goes back to Marco. Billy is instant satisfaction, like ice cream: It may be bad for you, but it hits the spot! "

obamawithhands.jpg

• Love 11
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Lawd almighty, CBS SID and Chuck Pratt are bringing the lulz hard and fast! Check out these smushy brown nuggets Pratt passes off as "thoughts about Billy and Phyllis." 

"He's not giving up!" laughs executive producer/headwriter Charles Pratt Jr. "No matter what is going on with Phyllis - who she says she wants to be with - Billy thinks that, in her heart, Phyllis only has room for him..."

Yes, well, every stalker thinks that, I'm sure. And I guess the omniscient Buttbiscuit must know a woman's mind better than her. 

You have to give Pratt credit; the man can pack ten pounds of insulting, repellent intellectual diarrhea into a leaky five pound bag. He never gave a gnat's testicle about the emotional fallout from Marco's repeated sexual violations of Phyllis before and I'm not buying it from him now. The Marco problem should be resolved by therapy, which doesn't include lying on a couch with your husband's brother on top of you. Pro-tip for Pratt: Instant satisfaction, be it from a pint of ice cream or a bland vanilla popsicle from the No Humor Man doesn't really ameliorate the pain of rape, you disturbed prick.

"That spark was smoldering for Billy, and now it's on fire! He gets everything he needs from his time with Phyllis. He always felt judged by others in his life, [but] Phyllis doesn't judge him..."

Well, as long as Billy gets everything he wants and needs, to hell with the rest of the world! Grope your brother's wife under their dinner table and satisfy those urges. And people judge Billy because he's an aimless, overprivileged, entitled fuck-up...say, are we sure he isn't a Newman? 

So Pratt is acknowledging Phyllis is fucked up from being raped by her husband's doppelgänger and so feels disconnected to her husband (which we all suggested WOULD be an issue MONTHS ago). But rather than showing the ensuing torment in this couple's marriage, in swoops the stalker who WANTS WHAT HE WANTS and we have the HAWTNESS that is Philly Phire!!! Woo hoo!!

On what level is this not sick? Pratt isn't even pretending it isn't sick. Billy and Phyllis -- by that explanation he offers above -- are using each other to gratify their fucked up desires. And Billy is CLEARLY taking advantage of an emotionally messed up woman for his personal gain (pleasure). He IS A NEWMAN!!! 

And it is true that Phyllis doesn't judge Billy. He can fuck with Jack's mind and stalk Phyllis and treat other women like pieces of meat and blow off his young children and she finds it all really really hot. Yet all she does is judge Jack. Constantly and cruelly despite currently fucking his brother behind his back and knowing the trauma he has endured. But Billy can do no wrong. WTF is that? SHIT WRITING is what it is.

It is not love. Not by any definition of the word.

Is this stuff from the latest SID, Ninja? I wonder because Pratt described Billy as Phyllis's "ice cream" awhile back (around the time of Jack's birthday and her decision to get drunk to avoid sex with Jack). "Something we all want but is not good for us."

He also at that time said "We all have an achilles heel, but Phyllis has never had that." This was in reference to Philly. And I could make no sense of it. Desire for Billy is the one thing that Phyllis has no power over? After all these years, after hiding murder attempts and murders and changing DNA results and Danny and Michael and Jack and Nick and her children and her jealousy issues, Billy Abbott is her great weakness. lol.

Whatever, Pratt.

The problem too is these recasts don't know their characters. I don't care what anyone says. Billy Miller would have read this and said bullshit. At the very least he would have played Billy as nuanced and fucked up and off balance in Victoria's presence. Phyllis is not the great love of Billy's life. JT doesn't know. He's just playing what's in front of him. And it's nonsense.

As for Gina, I don't know what she can do with what she has in her scripts. To her credit, she's at least coming across as fucked up.

• Love 12

I'm still confused as to why anyone would root for this pairing when Pratt basically just acknowledged that Phyllis is emotionally/psychologically fucked up and making terrible decisions and Billy is taking advantage of the situation for his own benefit. 

• Love 11

Now I'm trying to remember if AssPratt was still around on GH when we had the gross that was Nik cheating on Emily (and being a general ass to her) because she wasn't getting over being raped by his doppelganger quickly enough to fulfill his needs.  Because this is just a different version of the same kind of grossness.  Jack and Phyllis were both victims here, but somehow, Billy, the guy who's screwing his brother's wife while she's vulnerable from that violation, is the hero in our story, and Jack, who was just as much of a victim as Phyllis in that whole Marco mess, is being victimized all over again, in a different way.  At least GH did the bare minimum and acknowledged that Emily had a problem being with Nik after being raped by someone with his face, before they launched into the grossness.  Here, we've just gone right into the gross, and then, retroactively, it'll be "oh, but Marco..." without us ever seeing Phyllis deal with the concept before she launched herself onto her brother-in-law's pasty dick.  So, even though I believe that a woman likely would have issues dealing with that, I'm going to have exactly zero sympathy when it gets trotted out, because it's just going to be an attempt to justify this skeevy Phylly shit.  

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Now I'm trying to remember if AssPratt was still around on GH when we had the gross that was Nik cheating on Emily (and being a general ass to her) because she wasn't getting over being raped by his doppelganger quickly enough to fulfill his needs.  Because this is just a different version of the same kind of grossness.  Jack and Phyllis were both victims here, but somehow, Billy, the guy who's screwing his brother's wife while she's vulnerable from that violation, is the hero in our story, and Jack, who was just as much of a victim as Phyllis in that whole Marco mess, is being victimized all over again, in a different way.  At least GH did the bare minimum and acknowledged that Emily had a problem being with Nik after being raped by someone with his face, before they launched into the grossness.  Here, we've just gone right into the gross, and then, retroactively, it'll be "oh, but Marco..." without us ever seeing Phyllis deal with the concept before she launched herself onto her brother-in-law's pasty dick.  So, even though I believe that a woman likely would have issues dealing with that, I'm going to have exactly zero sympathy when it gets trotted out, because it's just going to be an attempt to justify this skeevy Phylly shit.  

Exactly. Even one scene of Jack being hurt or angry that Phyllis enjoyed Marco sex while he was held captive would have been something. I seem to recall Jamey Giddens sharing some tidbit that this was the plan but the show scrapped Jack's "jealousy" because it was too gross in light of Phyllis's rape. Giddens was DISGUSTED it was being considered. Again, twitter is killing soap writing. Giddens is a moron. It would be understandable (not "right" but understandable) that Jack would be upset and jealous. And it would be understandable that this would piss off Phyllis and turn her off Jack. And as it is she would be weirded the fuck out by Jack during sex and so inclined to push him away physically (also not "right" or fair to Jack but understandable). Perfect Phack marital conflict that acknowledges that they BOTH suffered. And THEN have Phyllis turn to a guy who is supportive and comfortable and a good guy -- I hate to say this but Nick would make sense here. Then you can have good angst for Phack without destroying the Abbotts.

But it was never about story. The "affair" was about The Agenda. It was about making Jason Thompson the star. To hell with everything else.

And now this misogynistic idiot hack is trying to "explain" this stupid ass story.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, miamama said:

Exactly. Even one scene of Jack being hurt or angry that Phyllis enjoyed Marco sex while he was held captive would have been something. I seem to recall Jamey Giddens sharing some tidbit that this was the plan but the show scrapped Jack's "jealousy" because it was too gross in light of Phyllis's rape. Giddens was DISGUSTED it was being considered. Again, twitter is killing soap writing. Giddens is a moron. It would be understandable (not "right" but understandable) that Jack would be upset and jealous. And it would be understandable that this would piss off Phyllis and turn her off Jack. And as it is she would be weirded the fuck out by Jack during sex and so inclined to push him away physically (also not "right" or fair to Jack but understandable). Perfect Phack marital conflict that acknowledges that they BOTH suffered. And THEN have Phyllis turn to a guy who is supportive and comfortable and a good guy -- I hate to say this but Nick would make sense here. Then you can have good angst for Phack without destroying the Abbotts.

But it was never about story. The "affair" was about The Agenda. It was about making Jason Thompson the star. To hell with everything else.

And now this misogynistic idiot hack is trying to "explain" this stupid ass story.

Agreed.  Both Jack and Phyllis should have issues about the Marco thing.  Phyllis because the man she loves looks exactly like the man who repeatedly raped her for months, and Jack should be feeling all kinds of emotions.  I could see him feeling a touch of betrayal/anger, because Phyllis didn't know that wasn't him, jealousy, because another man was with her, and some guilt, because he believes this wouldn't have happened to her if it wasn't for his rivalry with Victor and his relationship with Kelly.  Emotions after a traumatic experience aren't often rational.  Watching a couple deal with that could be compelling.  It's absurd that they decided that would be too gross, but Phylly is just the height of hot, sexy romance.  

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Agreed.  Both Jack and Phyllis should have issues about the Marco thing.  Phyllis because the man she loves looks exactly like the man who repeatedly raped her for months, and Jack should be feeling all kinds of emotions.  I could see him feeling a touch of betrayal/anger, because Phyllis didn't know that wasn't him, jealousy, because another man was with her, and some guilt, because he believes this wouldn't have happened to her if it wasn't for his rivalry with Victor and his relationship with Kelly.  Emotions after a traumatic experience aren't often rational.  Watching a couple deal with that could be compelling.  It's absurd that they decided that would be too gross, but Phylly is just the height of hot, sexy romance.  

Right? Giddens, the speaker of all soap truth in his own mind, has LOVED Philly. 

I give up. Stupidity reigns supreme in this genre.

• Love 6

Oh, whatever. I don't even care about their justifications for Philly. Because it still doesn't explain why Billy is treating Jack like complete dirt to his damn face. 

The best conclusion to this story will be Jack serving up own revenge after Phyllis and Billy had wanted him to become that person so badly. Be careful what you wish for.

• Love 6

i want the jack that walked over prictors body when he had a heart attack.

i want the jack that threw all of glodiggers clothes in a trash bag and tossed it out the door.

i want the jack that threw a gosh darn chair out of the office window...

and i want him to throw the disgusting philly his death glare when he tells them they are dead to him.

however, i really don't ever get what i want from this show so i doubt it will happen.

Edited by valleycliffe
added to post
  • Love 16
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh, whatever. I don't even care about their justifications for Philly. Because it still doesn't explain why Billy is treating Jack like complete dirt to his damn face. 

This entire story line makes no sense but this part is what I have the most trouble understanding. Billy has NO reason to be taunting and cruel to Jack. The character (as has always been written) loved and admired his brother. Even when he disagreed with him, Billy knew that Jack loved him and was doing what was best for him. In the past, Billy has known he messed up and accepted that whatever Jack (and the rest of the Abbot family) did was because they wanted to help him. Billy should be guilt ridden and ashamed of what he has done. Currently, he should be extra kind, helpful and agreeable with Jack to help assuage the guilt of sleeping with his brother's wife. The last thing the REAL Billy Abbott would be is an asshole, douchey, taunting Buttbiscuit. It makes absolutely no sense based on the past history with every Billy that the show has had. It's piss poor writing and is only to push THE AGENDA and spits on the history of the show and all the viewers who have watched for longer than a few months. Which is one of the main reasons why I am a former viewer.  Hopefully, things improve because I would love to enjoy watching Show again.

• Love 16

Agreed with DR's post. When he slept with Sharon the night before his wedding to Chloe, Billy had far more guilt about what this would do to Jack than he did for his wife who he could barely give any fucks about.. He certainly wasn't smirking and grinning or feeling any pride about it whatsoever.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Desperately Random said:

This entire story line makes no sense but this part is what I have the most trouble understanding. Billy has NO reason to be taunting and cruel to Jack. The character (as has always been written) loved and admired his brother. Even when he disagreed with him, Billy knew that Jack loved him and was doing what was best for him. In the past, Billy has known he messed up and accepted that whatever Jack (and the rest of the Abbot family) did was because they wanted to help him. Billy should be guilt ridden and ashamed of what he has done. Currently, he should be extra kind, helpful and agreeable with Jack to help assuage the guilt of sleeping with his brother's wife. The last thing the REAL Billy Abbott would be is an asshole, douchey, taunting Buttbiscuit. It makes absolutely no sense based on the past history with every Billy that the show has had. It's piss poor writing and is only to push THE AGENDA and spits on the history of the show and all the viewers who have watched for longer than a few months. Which is one of the main reasons why I am a former viewer.  Hopefully, things improve because I would love to enjoy watching Show again.

Absolutely agree. But in that PB/JT interview they talked about Billy's huge guilt and PB praised JT conveying this guilt. This is why I say I give up. It's positively Orwellian. Jack is the problem, the obstacle to the great love of Philly. Billy the narcissist pig is the hero. Phyllis - the rape victim - is shown "turned on" by a man who is cruel, does not respect her "no" and treats her long time love with contempt on a good day.

And despite all evidence to the contrary, Billy IS feeling guilt and he DOES love Jack.

I've got nothing. Absolutely nothing.

• Love 11

That perfect pic of Obama makes me sorry I tried to summon S***** H**** in another thread, LP. I mean, he looks exactly how I feel when reading Pratt's cerebral flatulence. 

Miamama, yes, that hot garbage comes from the latest SID. It has Victor and his thrall on the cover and promises to tell us how EB really feels about Donald Trump. I couldn't bring myself to read that, but I did discover that Josh Morrow learned everything he knows about being a leading man from that woman who once played Phyllis. I thought that explained a great deal. 

What goes on inside Chuck Pratt's head? Did he try the brown acid? Has he ever in his life interacted on any level with a female human? Any human? I don't even know if he actually realizes how deeply gross this whole thing is beyond his superficial "hot forbidden love" carrot cuffing. He has way too much invested in Billy's point of view and virtually nothing invested in Jack's. 

• Love 13

What scares me is the reveal will be ALL about Billy and Phyllis and their path to redemption. We will see them cry and grovel and have fade outs to Nadia's Theme. We will "watch" them suffer while Jack's POV continues to be ignored. Based on this Philly interview circuit - which is Mal NOT Pratt - I have a feeling this is where they are going.

It boggles my mind. This is the Young and the Restless and Peter Bergman's Jack Abbott is being thoroughly sidelined for two newbies.

Even with Phick he got a love story with Sharon and the four of them had Restless Style. He's effectively put out to pasture in favour of Jason Thompson. What in the actual FUCK??????

• Love 12
7 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Pro-tip for Pratt: Instant satisfaction, be it from a pint of ice cream or a bland vanilla popsicle from the No Humor Man doesn't really ameliorate the pain of rape, you disturbed prick.

The whole post was on point (as usual), but the bolded?  Whoever said snark couldn't be pure poetry?!?

4 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Now I'm trying to remember if AssPratt was still around on GH when we had the gross that was Nik cheating on Emily (and being a general ass to her) because she wasn't getting over being raped by his doppelganger quickly enough to fulfill his needs.  Because this is just a different version of the same kind of grossness.  

Wait a cotton-picking minute...this same stupid doppelganger story played out on GH, too?  How does Pratt get away with recycling his own shit so often?  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

He has way too much invested in Billy's point of view and virtually nothing invested in Jack's. 

Preverts!  I found an actual picture of Billy's POINT OF VIEW!  Yup, it's not a myth, it's an actual thing!

ratsass.jpg

And it doubles as proof that JT WAS the right recast choice.  No way could Billy Miller, or even Orange Billy have EVER pulled this off the way he has.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, miamama said:

What scares me is the reveal will be ALL about Billy and Phyllis and their path to redemption.

My only fear is that this will end with Jack giving them his blessing and Philly will just happily go on their way like they aren't trash.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

My only fear is that this will end with Jack giving them his blessing and Philly will just happily go on their way like they aren't trash.

If that happens - meaning PB didn't fight it, I'll know he no longer has any fucks to give about the essence of who Jack Abbott is. So I'll be done done. Ie not even recap reading.

CLB did a BTS thing where he talked to some vet cast members and when he asked PB to name one of his most challenging scenes PB mentioned Jack learning about Phick. Also in his 11k intro (which I haven't seen) he said he looks forward to Jack learning of the Philly affair. So that is a huge actor moment for him. If they rob him.....

• Love 7
13 hours ago, miamama said:

What scares me is the reveal will be ALL about Billy and Phyllis and their path to redemption. We will see them cry and grovel and have fade outs to Nadia's Theme. We will "watch" them suffer while Jack's POV continues to be ignored. Based on this Philly interview circuit - which is Mal NOT Pratt - I have a feeling this is where they are going.

What I suspect will happen is the whole town will line up to tell Phyllis what a whoreslutbitch she is while everyone tries to downplay Billy's behavior as just another one of his screwups. Jill will of course be at the front of the line screaming about how Phyllis took advantage of poor little weak Billy. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

What I suspect will happen is the whole town will line up to tell Phyllis what a whoreslutbitch she is while everyone tries to downplay Billy's behavior as just another one of his screwups. Jill will of course be at the front of the line screaming about how Phyllis took advantage of poor little weak Billy. 

Oh man this had better go down the complete opposite. Jack should kill Billy (and I don't mean metaphorically) for how he is fucking with a vulnerable Phyllis (and Jack). These people were traumatized and Billy thought he'd swoop in have some fun. Pratt is such a moron he doesn't even realize what he's written.

• Love 8

I'd like to see Billy ruined financially and publically humiliated. It's a shame Adam is dead and his last version was so bitch made. Jack's old bestie Real Adam would have totally fucked Billy's shit up for what he is doing. 

Also they need to cut the bullshit and reveal the obvious which is Smelly killed Dee. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 10

Also they need to cut the bullshit and reveal the obvious which is Smelly killed Dee.  

Yeah, I'm thinking they're handling this like Lily's paternity secret--it'll be years before it comes out. Maybe around the time they recast Adam (or JH comes back...fat chance), and someone closes in on how Chloe is the one who "killed" him, it'll also be revealed who really hit Delia. I don't know that it'll be Kelly but for sure it wasn't Adam. There's a huge plot hole in that story and I don't think TPTB left it for no reason. IMO, a good reason would be for Chloe to realize finally what huge mistake she made pursuing deadly vengeance against Adam because she was wrong all along. Then they can ship her psycho ass off to an underground prison on Antarctica.

• Love 9

So Heather Tom was upset by some random nobody with a twitter account -- like 100 followers -- that does meaningless polls who posted a result that showed her character was voted the least favourite among choices on B&B. HT proceeded to engage with this nobody. Anyways, what never ceases to amaze me is that actors/celebrities give a shit what ONE, lowly, person on Twitter thinks of them. Seriously. This woman has five Emmys (such as they are) given to her by her peers. A long, respected career as a soap actress, an extremely well-paying job and she's crushed by ONE anonymous dumbass on Twitter.

That's sad, no? That all the external validation she's received in her career crumbles under the weight of anon.

• Love 7

This is a kind of "straw that broke the camels back" thing. She's been harassed before with people in her mentions saying the nastiest stuff. Always very personal about the actress and not the character. 

• Love 2

When trying to imagine what it would be like if Melissa had to go through a back-from-the-dead story with another actor playing Adam with a restored face via plastic surgery, she expressed:  “I really don’t think they will (go there), and I’m not just saying that.  There are a lot of stories to tell and lots of people here.  Chelsea is in mourning right now.  I truly don’t think there is going to be another Adam … but, who knows?  As of now, I don’t think there is a plan to.”

RIP Adam Newman.

Edited by spinxella
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

IMO, if there IS a chelsea and nick groping, i believe it will go over as well as sick did. 

I only hope Dickolas goes with all out roooomance and takes her to the Underground Love Shack and Cleaning Supply Closet.  It's time for Chels to discover the wonders of drop cloth sex, served up with a heapin' helpin' of Banana creme and Rocky Mountain Oysters, da food of luv.  

She can follow in Sage's footsteps......but can Chelsea's toesies make Dickolas forget the wonder of Ol' Hammertoes?  

• Love 10
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 3:27 PM, Desperately Random said:

I agree with you, except I think Billy's demeanor around Jack would have been more sheepish and quiet, and I think he'd be more likely to be repeatedly avoiding Jack and finding excuses to leave any interaction with him as soon as he could possibly extricate himself. I remember that's the way he behaved after having had that one night drunken stand with an equally drunk Sharon back in the day. Billy felt like crap for that business and that particular piece of shit behavior was more typical of Billy's behavior at that time (and Jack's marriage to Sharon was already over but the paperwork), therefore it wasn't a behavior that warranted kicking him out of Clan Abbott.

My sense of JFP's/Pratt's reset of Billy, aside from it being primarily to accommodate the casting of JT who has none of the charm or humor of BM or even BJ for that matter), is that I think they saw this as an opportunity to make JT the new Adam of this show now. When JT was cast and the decision was made to axe Kelly Sullivan, eliminating Sage and the Nick pairing, I firmly believe that the decision was made to turn Billy into Black Sheep Adam. He would be the one to harbor grudges and vendettas and pit himself against his former FIL (and likely future FIL). I think it made sense to them to have Billy butting heads with Victor rather than Adam, whom it was decided was not going to be going up against Victor as his adversary any longer (basically, IMO, because they didn't want to run the risk of EB trying to run him off the show when JH's popularity - or any other young leading man with a little finger's worth of talent and charisma inevitably began to outshine the old goat and was therefore to be declared war on). Having Victor and Billy square off for Victoria's fealty to one of them was a context in which the rivalry would make more sense, and it would feed into the adversarial relationship that's existed between Jack and Victor historically.

By creating this dynamic, they could hedge on (ever) replacing the character of Adam (or at least hedge as long as they could practicably do so) and see if pairing Chelsea and Nick would click with the viewers enough to just let Adam be dead rather than trying recast him right way and risk viewer backlash when (inevitably) they didn't like the actor cast to play him. I'm also beginning to believe that Travis might be moved on from Victoria to either Abby or Summer, but it's also possible that the rumored Chance Chancellor recast is the avenue for either of those pairings, or with Mariah - who would be conceivably pitted against Chloe in that dynamic. It seems to me that Mal Young has several potentially compelling different relationships that could evolve through these characters going forward. And, it seems conceivable that Sharon could be paired in future with a new Adam (or better yet, the one who clicked so terrifically with her in the past, but that's just a pipe dream, I'm sure). It's just my opinion, but it seems that they've really dropped the idea of a Nick-Sharon redux, and I just don't contemplate Dylan (let alone Nick) being able to get past her deception with Sully. They made Sharon radioactive with this most recent crap turn and don't even get me started on what they've apparently done with Chloe, who was already about as contemptible a human shrew as was seemingly possible to this viewer. 

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 5

Chuck Pratt, an alum of the original “Melrose Place” and “Desperate Housewives,” has landed the top spot, replacing original showrunner Charles Murray, who departed the project last week.

Pratt will begin his showrunner and executive producer duties immediately. The series begins shooting later this month in Atlanta.

Edited by spinxella
  • Love 5