Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: A Very Modern Family

Rob and Ro escape from the stress in their lives and go to Florida to celebrate Rob's birthday; Craig is dismayed by his fertility issues: Adonis' father reenters the picture; Rob and Tara spend a wild night out with Tara's best friend, Tai.

(edited)

Typing as I view again...

Young Rob and Ro: You can't tell me she didn't know he was a procrastinator before they got married. She knew he wouldn't pack the night before. But thanks, Bravo, for showing us how normal this couple is. It's sweet that Ro threw him the surprise party. It's also inspiring that Rob's parents have been together 30yrs. My husband's paternal grandparents were married 75yrs, Grandma passed away on their 75th wedding anniversary just this past year. I understand Ro wanting to go home. I have a city I consider home too. My family isn't there, I didn't grow up there but it's where most of my adult memories were made. it's where I birthed two children, got divorced, remarried etc. However, my husband is glad to be away from it and vows to never return. I know I will never go "home" so I get Ro's sadness about it. Though I think she has a chance later down the road once Rob has matured even more and they start to make babies. About the kitchen scene: She starts out by giving him attitude about sitting on the counter while he uses the indoor grill and then tells HIM she senses an attitude from him. And I feel for him. I am like Ro in that once I have an idea in my head it's super planted there and I want to act on it RIGHT NOW!! And I harp (or I use to until I learned to somewhat control it) on it until my husband just wants to scream. Rob is right, there is no compromise if he wants to stay in NJ and she wants to move back to Florida. And he's right that if she was happy in her job or was doing what she really wanted to do she wouldn't want to move. He was wrong telling her she could go to the courthouse. That's a rule my husband and I had to make in our relationship, no mention of courthouses and divorce. It just wasn't an option in an argument, ever.

Adonis and Erica: He's getting the cars back that the government seized as part of the judgement against him?! How does this happen? Why weren't they auctioned off? And how recently did he get out of jail?! The cars couldn't have been sitting there all that long besides the 13months he was in jail, could they? And the video vixen in Erica came out again, just the way she said "We're getting 2 Lamborghinis" just struck me the wrong way. Practicing his comedy routine in the car. Dude, you're not happily married because you didn't want to get married and you "confessed" to cheating on the girl so that she'd back out but she didn't. That's if we believe any of that storyline to be true, which I don't. Wait, trashing your marriage is "respecting boundaries for my wife"?! O M G I want to choke this man. HAHAHAHA His car broke down in the middle of the traffic lanes at the light. You know it was production that pushed him to the shoulder. Instant karma is awesome!! Wait, now in her talking head Erica doesn't like the cars. You know, the ones she was so happy about a few minutes ago in tv time? Dear Bravo, I truly don't care who Adonis' grandfather is. You can stop telling/reminding us now. Adonis, crowds respond just fine to a clean routine. Look at Bill Cosby (pre-sex assault allegations). Yeah so he's not funny at all. I don't think having a "dirty" act would help him any. His delivery is off. The jokes aren't funny. 

Realtor Rob and Tara: So they've confirmed what we already knew, they like sex with each other. I mean, they did find themselves in bed together that first night of the conference for a reason, right? And admitting you like to argue because you know you're going to have sex later? ICK. And Tasty Tara? Gross! I will admit to laughing at Rob when Tara said what she was going to order for him and he said, "That's the dark stuff, right?" I laughed because it reminds me of me when we would go to a Korean place and my husband would suggest stuff or my mother in law would ask if I liked something. And then back to the nasty. I don't need to know that about her and Grey Goose. Did I really just hear Tai ask if sitting in a hot tub burned calories?! And Tara, the viewing audience is smart enough to know what you meant by family bed. We didn't need you to explain it. Yuck.

Brandon and Craig: Thank you, Bravo, for not showing us the multiple sperm donation attempts. Though I missed how long it's been since they showed us the first one and the convo we are seeing on this episode. Oh! I love that genetically their kids and Bree's kid could be siblings if his sperm isn't broken. Though I am going to bet right now that he ends up with body builder syndrome aka poor/low sperm count. LOL at "I feel like I'm in bartending school" when he was putting the sperm in the cup. I understand both Brandon and Craig's points of view about Crystal being the egg donor if Bree can't. 

Edited by KarmaG

I loved Tara saying how great the sex is, and then the camera shows us Rob's short little calves on the beach. To each her own.

Ima have to ask Rob and Ro to stop talking about what it's like to live in NYC. They live in Jersey. No shame in that. I think it might be why the cameras, this time, pointed to the name of their apartment complex, "Beacon JC".

Erica, now that you're a big girl, it's time to use your big-girl voice. No one will ever take you seriously with that horrible dumb voice you put on. Mixed with the dumb Valley girl accent? Shoot me now. She looked super cute in her ripped jeans by the side of the road, though.

• Love 1

Adonis wanted to roll into an open mike night in a Lambro to impress people?

Dude, no one is impressed by a 40 year old at an open mike. Ever. Most of the audience are other comedians and their friends waiting for you to shut up so they can go on.

Rob and Ro are boring to me, which I guess is a positive thing for their marriage on a show like this but still.

Family bed. I mean, whatever works for them but I have a feeling their arrangement won't be working much longer.

• Love 4

Kudos to the poster who mentioned that Rob must've turned Tara out sexually, and that's why she dipped on her first husband.

Erica is such a ridiculous person.  First, she's all pumped about them picking up Lamborghini's. Then she's all upset because those are "player cars." I give those two a year, maybe two, tops. But I wouldn't put it past them to have a child in order to "save" the marriage.

• Love 4

NJ/NYC Rob/Ro: Once again they show they don't' know HOW to argue. HE is absolutely right that if she had the career or job she wanted, she wouldn't be thinking about FLA. If he's said it in the right way, he might have gotten her to see that. Because it IS that obvious that hat is the case.

Adonis/Erika: I dont' have a problem with his jokes about their marriage. That's been a gold mine topic for more comedians than I can count: Phyllis Diller, Henny Young man, Joan Rivers, etc. The problem with Adonis and Erika is HER insecurity (for good reason mind you) and the fact that he didn't want to get married. The therapy they BOTH need to make this work is almost TOO deep to overcome.)

CA Realtor Rob and Tara: didn't see much of them this episode. What I did see was him complaining about her pressuring him to spend more time with her family. Why do couples get married, when they're already arguing about basic stuff?

Craig and Brandon: One is a child the other an insecure adult. Again, they both have issues…WHY did they get married? To argue like they do? I think it's in the promo, when Brandon says something about not begin pleased with something…and Craig says so are you thinking about divorce. IF there's no tricky editing…WHY did Craig go there…what kind of insecurity is that? Your spouse says something innocuous and you jump to asking if he's talking about divorce? Where did that come from?

• Love 1

I disagree about Ro not wanting to move back if she liked her job. I LOVE my job, but they're just too many people where I live, too much traffic, too much waiting in line at stores, too much rushing, and lots of red tape to get anything done. The cost of living is also really high, so no matter how much or how hard I work, I'm just barely getting by. So for those reasons, I'm moving states later this year.

I'm guessing commuting to NY and working in NY is the same experience but even more so. You have to understand, when you're waiting in traffic, in lines at the store, at the gym, and then you're rushing through things to get to the next thing, and when it's hard to get by financially, you're not really *enjoying* life. There's no time to enjoy, it's just rush, rush, rush, collapse at the end of the day. I totally get why Ro (or anybody) who doesn't get off on being busy and distracted 24/7 would want to get the hell out of NY.

• Love 8

And Ro just happens to realize she wants to move to FLA, now, as it jut so happens she's not happy with her job?

Because two episodes, and two months ago…she was all hung ho.

Not that situations and people can't change, but do think if she were making mine from blogging and working for Michael Kors or Katherine Malandrino she'd not be talking about moving south. (I would have said Valentino, or Carolina Herrera to make my point -- but that would give a hint as to just how old I am:):))

• Love 3

And Ro just happens to realize she wants to move to FLA, now, as it jut so happens she's not happy with her job?

Because two episodes, and two months ago…she was all hung ho.

Right, what happened to the NY "power couple"? Ro is a bit immature and Rob isn't much better. 

Tara needs to ease up on the sexual dynamo BS. Ain't no way she's ever gonna convince me that troll of a husband of hers is blowing her mind in the sak. Is she trying to make us believe she's bi now? Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that I think she's full of shit and trying way to hard to be a rebel.  Go away, girl. Her Persian mommy and daddy must have disowned her after watching this show. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2

That "couples cam" footage of Tara on the beach looked like a clip they would run on Dateline to show how the wife was before she turned up dead.

Or maybe I just watch too much Dateline.  But I got a weird vibe from that scene.

• Love 8

I disagree about Ro not wanting to move back if she liked her job. I LOVE my job, but they're just too many people where I live, too much traffic, too much waiting in line at stores, too much rushing, and lots of red tape to get anything done. The cost of living is also really high, so no matter how much or how hard I work, I'm just barely getting by. So for those reasons, I'm moving states later this year.

I'm guessing commuting to NY and working in NY is the same experience but even more so. You have to understand, when you're waiting in traffic, in lines at the store, at the gym, and then you're rushing through things to get to the next thing, and when it's hard to get by financially, you're not really *enjoying* life. There's no time to enjoy, it's just rush, rush, rush, collapse at the end of the day. I totally get why Ro (or anybody) who doesn't get off on being busy and distracted 24/7 would want to get the hell out of NY.

I think this is a generalization and stereotype.  There's an old saying, wherever you go, there you are.

I've lived in NYC for decades and I'm not rushing at all.  If I miss one train, there's another one coming; if I"m waiting in line, I get on my phone and read emails.  I've also lived in smaller towns and at first it was hard but in a few weeks I got the rhythm.  

• Love 2

I think this is a generalization and stereotype.  There's an old saying, wherever you go, there you are.

I've lived in NYC for decades and I'm not rushing at all.  If I miss one train, there's another one coming; if I"m waiting in line, I get on my phone and read emails.  I've also lived in smaller towns and at first it was hard but in a few weeks I got the rhythm.  

I love that saying!

I think that it's very true, but I also know I'm spoiled living in NYC because I went to school in the area and many of my friends settled here after graduation. I have a strong support network aside from my husband to fall back on and hang out with, as well as a job that isn't so soul crushing that it zaps me of energy and prevents me from going out and doing fun things and meeting new people on my time off. I think Ro is lonely and missing her Florida pals and finding it difficult to make new ones of the same caliber in NYC. I don't think moving back to Florida will magically solve all of her frustrations, but I can see why it would be tempting for her. 

• Love 4

I really like this show, the only couple that truly annoys me is Adonnis and Erica. Erica drives me crazy, she's settling, just move on, this is not going to work. She should have never married him. I don't even take issue with him, I find him gross but..... Bottom line it's her, she can't trust him. I don't think there will be anything he can do to make her trust him. Asking him to cut off a parent, no, especially when the parent just has amoral, in her opinion, choices when it comes to relationships with women again, no.  He's not an actual danger to anyone, so it's ridiculous.

Oh and I forgot, the "icing" on the wedding cake was the wedding vow assignment in which Erica promises to never gain weight....on that note was like, it is truly a wrap. As they say, "bye Felicia."

Rob and Ro make me laugh, the argument at the end was hilarious. I know it's serious, but when she said his full name (Robert) and he said something about you know where the courthouse is and she said something to the effect of did you really just say that... I died laughing. I think they'll be OK and I agree with Rob about her wanting instant gratification and that if she was feeling satisfied in her professional life she wouldn't be so anxious to move. But I also agree with her in terms of wanting to sit down and talk about the future and have a five year plan and I can see especially a woman wanting to eventually be around family and friends for that support. A married couple needs support from loved ones IMO. But they need to talk, listen and plan.  Franco the dog is so adorable. 

Brandon and Craig, I think it's Craig, he's the blonde right, well he needs to learn boundaries. As soon as he asked his best friend to to be an egg donor I was like, um, did you talk to your husband about that?

And I think the episode before, when Brandon came home to a filthy house that shit annoyed me, because I'm the one who needs order.  I'm gone for weeks at a time traveling and I don't want to come home to that kind of chaos. He asked Brandon what he could do to pick up the slack since his career doesn't pay him weekly/biweekly, and I mumbled, clean shit up. That would be a huge help. At least clean the bathroom, kitchen and bedroom. Get a hamper and a little corner in the room where you can just dump your shit. But at the foot of the bed is a bit much.

Rob and Tara, I don't think I have or am understanding all the history here, but I do know Rob doesn't seem to get the cultural aspect here. I believe in Tara's family's culture that marriage truly brings families together. They spend a lot of time together daily, if not weekly. They cook together, spend time in each others homes and it's not just for holidays. I think it might even be expected that the son in-law takes care of the family. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm not sure he gets that. They wanted him to stay at the table for lunch and just spend time even if there was awkward silence, you can't leave. You have to put in the time. But I have to say, this couple puzzles me. I'm pretty sure I'm missing pieces here.

Edited by represent
  • Love 3

Brandon and Craig, I think it's Craig, he's the blonde right, well he needs to learn boundaries. As soon as he asked his best friend to to be an egg donor I was like, um, did you talk to your husband about that?

There are few things messier than a triangle between two gay men and a straight female BFF. I love Brandon and Craig as a couple but I can't wait to see where this goes.

• Love 3

I think this is a generalization and stereotype. There's an old saying, wherever you go, there you are.

I've lived in NYC for decades and I'm not rushing at all. If I miss one train, there's another one coming; if I"m waiting in line, I get on my phone and read emails. I've also lived in smaller towns and at first it was hard but in a few weeks I got the rhythm.

Why is it a stereotype just because you don't happen to agree? Is it so farfetched that some may love the hustle and bustle while others find it overwhelming? FWIW, I've had friends who moved there for a few years and loved it in the beginning, got sick of it, and moved back. That's them. YMMV.

Ugh I just can't with Brandon and Craig. Whomever the blonde, he looks like a cross-eyed Teddy Ruxpin and I just can't. I fast-forward through all their scenes.

I think Tara hasn't found herself yet. When she finally grows up, she may realize she's not in love with rigid grandpa. If that happens, he's going to be completely blindsided.

I think Ro's husband has painted himself into a corner. He told Ro that "she's just a pretty face" and not credentialed enough to find the job she wants. Convinced she won't get her dream job, and convinced partially thanks to him, she probably figures she'd be better off in a place where she knows she wouldn't have to have her dream job in order to be happy.

It's untrue that they can't compromise. She could give it another year or two to acclimate, take specific steps to try and achieve what she's missing (like trying to make friends, finding a job she's happy with) and if that doesn't happen, then they could move back to Tampa.

Edited by Silo

How old is Craig? He's not as young as he acts. He needs to grow up. But I do like them as a couple.

Erica? Honestly? You are as dumb as Amina and Tara on Live and Hip hop NY.

All Rob and Tara have together is sex. THAT IS ALL. It's so obvious. There isn't even that much chemistry.

• Love 1

How old is Craig? He's not as young as he acts. He needs to grow up. But I do like them as a couple.

Erica? Honestly? You are as dumb as Amina and Tara on Live and Hip hop NY.

All Rob and Tara have together is sex. THAT IS ALL. It's so obvious. There isn't even that much chemistry.

I agree about Rob and Tara. I think they use lust to smooth over problems. It makes me wonder if issues are getting worked through?

bichonblitz:

Tara needs to ease up on the sexual dynamo BS. Ain't no way she's ever gonna convince me that troll of a husband of hers is blowing her mind in the sak. Is she trying to make us believe she's bi now? Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that I think she's full of shit and trying way to hard to be a rebel. Go away, girl. Her Persian mommy and daddy must have disowned her after watching this show.

Yes! So much yes! They have absolutely zero sexual chemistry. When they were kissing on the beach, it looked so freaking forced. Reminded me of one time when I went to my mother-in-law's house and she made a meal that I was not into AT ALL, but forced it down anyway because I wanted to be polite and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. "Yum! This is so good! Delicious! Yes, I will take another serving!" There is no heat or spark between them at all. And Tara being into women? Sure. The way she talks about it reminds me of those girls during freshman and sophomore years of college who make out in front of guys in order to turn them on. Way to set back the LGBTQ community back a thousand years, ass. You're gonna get "fris-kaaaaay"? Cringing, Tara. You fucking made me cringe. On my couch. In my home. Ug. I felt kind of bad for her dim friend Tai. She was kind of being presented as a gift for Captain Skin Damage. I think that Tara suffers from special snowflake syndrome to the nth degree. Her story about buying short shorts against her parents wishes so fucking pointless and boring. Who the fuck hasn't done something like that, and is this really the pinnacle of your rebellion stories?

jennylauren123:

I loved Tara saying how great the sex is, and then the camera shows us Rob's short little calves on the beach. To each her own.

This made me ugly laugh.

Edit: quote function is acting weird!!!!

Edited by Bugfrey Von
  • Love 3

Hi....glad I found this show was back on, pretty good group this year

I think Rob and Ro with 7 plus years, and lived together, will "make" it...I do think she needs to concentrate on career....I saw her blog and it was not special, very mundane, she has some low level affiliate programs and links on there and it can't make much money IMHO. Bloggers and Instagram and Youtube stars get paid to wear clothes and show them off online - Ro shops and spends money and posts pictures on her sad blog. Nuhh....well hopefully she gets a better job and gets her Mojo back cause they seem to be in love and started out with high shared expecations

Erica - Adonis....no....just no. She had so many doubts but went through with the wedding...OUCH. I don't find either of them attractive...both are like a cheap imitation of the "cast" of any of the Hip Hop shows/real housewives/etc...very cheesy. I can not understand how he got the cars back? How and when did he decide he was funny? Isn't he old for that? I would say "don't give up your day job"..but....does he really have a day job besides trying to "sell internet streamers" ??  LOL

Tara and Rob - I still can not get over the Italy insanity. I give him major props for that. She is so odd and full of herself....like she just could not wait to be on tv and show her family and their friends her "liberation". I would not be surprised to hear that Tara has been trying out for shows for years....Shaws of Sunset? Bachelor?

HGTV house realtor shows?

I feel bad for Brandon....he has a lot of sadness in his past and fears and he loves crazy Craig so much...I hope they can have more nice experiences like the 2nd honeymoon at resort and less insanity.

JMO this is a good show with less repeat and narration compared to many other reality shows. I get tired of shows that are mostly flashbacks to previous eps

Kudos to the producers

• Love 3

No, it's a stereotype because ... it's a stereotype. There's a hundred movies showing that "hustle/bustle" lifestyle, because the actual truth - people get up, go to work, hang out after work and then go home and run chores on the weekend - like everywhere else, at a leisurely pace - is boring. Every day is not a street scene from Wall Street or Working Girl. Heh.

Lines are WORSE in other places because people all have to shop at the same time. We have 24 hour everything, somewhere. You don't have to do anything at the same time as other people unless you want to. I used to hit the gym at 3am just because. And I am not mad at a midnight shopping trip - everything is being restocked, and nobody else is in the store. Traffic is WORSE in other places, because there are no options. 90% of us take the train or bus or walk. So there's no sitting in traffic for hours like other places.

Now, is there hustle/bustle because people here move quickly? Guilty! We have places to go and we want to get there right now. But it's only rush, rush, rush, collapse if that's the life you're creating. And if you're calling yourself a "power" couple, then yes, you are creating your own stresses. Which would exist in LA, or Chicago, or DC, or anyplace people go to be power couples. Expensive ... well, it's NY. You know that coming in.

Really, Rob and Ro have it BETTER than most, because their condo was built like a little city. It was a hospital complex (as mentioned before) so within the grounds they have a supermarket, bank, gym, dog run, dry cleaners and concierge services. Their "commute" into Manhattan is literally two train stops totaling 6 minutes (and there's a shuttle bus to take them from their door to the train stop!). Not sure where in the city they work, but that's probably no more than another 10-15 minute train transfer, if that. If either works downtown/Wall Street, there's not even another train ride. They pay for the conveniences of life, but they damned sure have them. And can afford them. So they don't have any of that described drain unless they chose to.

I'll would agree it's probably a rougher lifestyle for them as transplants, mostly because they don't have familiar surroundings, or friends and family in large part. Busy or no that makes for less life satisfaction. (Hell, being busy is probably better, because you don't have time to sit around missing folks!) But other than that, nah. It's all hype. Most of us are living happily, normally and relaxed, especially in the spring and summertime, sipping chilled wine on a blanket, watching free movies in Central Park. :)

• Love 3

How and when did he decide he was funny? Isn't he old for that? I would say "don't give up your day job"..but....does he really have a day job besides trying to "sell internet streamers" ??  LOL

Yeah, nothing funny about Adonnis, but I do know of his uncle who is a comedian. He's a been around a long time, but his nephew clearly does not have his comedic talents. 

I'm actually laughing at his uncle, who would probably called him and tell him to stop mentioning his name, and worse, showing his picture, especially seeing his troubles with the law.

I know his comedy and I could just hear him making that joke.

Apparently Adonnis thinks the comedy trait runs in the family and maybe it does, but it skipped him.

Edited by represent
  • Love 2

Yeah, nothing funny about Adonnis, but I do know of his uncle who is a comedian. He's a been around a long time, but his nephew clearly does not have his comedic talents. 

I'm actually laughing at his uncle, who would probably called him and tell him to stop mentioning his name, and worse, showing his picture, especially seeing his troubles with the law.

Apparently Adonnis thinks the comedy trait runs in the family and maybe it does, but it skipped him.

Yes, Paul Mooney is a comedy legend who even wrote for Richard Pryor. I'm sure he could have helped Adonis with some pointers but really, why bother? If he wasn't funny at 20, what makes him think those teeth of his will be funny at 40?

Wait...maybe the teeth ARE the punchline.

• Love 1

Uncle? I thought Adonis kept saying that Paul was his grandfather. I'll have to pay more attention next time he mentions him. I know it wont be a long wait during the next episode :P

Yes. Paul Mooney is Adonis' GRANDfather (not uncle). And Adonis's father is an identical twin. And he and his twin have done comedy together. There's a YouTube video of them called "The Mooney Twins." The video could have been a paid gig, or just an open mic night. That's what it looks like, because it doesn't seem as if their routine and material was all that polished, at all. And who knows if they ever had any success. Adonis' FATHER's name is Dwayne (sp)? I don't' recall the uncle's name. 

Because it's never been mentioned that Adonis' father has a twin (and why would i,be really). I saw the video and was like, yowza!. Not only a brother, but a twin -- and an identical twin at that. I can seem the resemblance in all the Mooney men…some thing about the basic face shape….

As for Rob and Ro the hustle bustle NY thing….HOW LONG have they been in NY/NJ, and did they EVER live in any of the boroughs, were they ever NEW YORKERS….or they always lived in Jersey. We know the last place they had was in the same complex, because Ro said they only moved upstairs. I ask because IF they've lived/worked in NY/NJ for over a year…they've had times to make friends. it's not like the JUST moved there is it? 

Many stereotypes are based on a nugget of truth. Many people are in long lines, many aren't. Many sit in traffic for hours, many don't. If you take the train you're not stuck in traffic. If you take the bus, you are. It's not like what's said about that isn't true. It is just not for everyone. Nor is true for everyone.

Ro was stung by Rob's demeaning comments. AND, perhaps climbing the ladder in fashion, MIGHT need more strategic hustle than Ro expected. I do think her job unhappiness, couple with Rob's DIScouragement has shaken her, and why she's talking about FLA. She just needs to get her fierce girl mojo back. Come Ro, you can do it, shake that off. The best revenge is success. Work some contacts, do some work on the side, HUSTLE!!! (Granted now if she does that she won't be home for dinner with Rob every night at 8p. And if he's hustling in his music career, he won't be home by 7p every night either (whether Ro is home or not)

Edited by selhars
  • Love 2

Yes. Paul Mooney is Adonis' GRANDfather (not uncle). And Adonis's father is an identical twin.

Oh, he's his grandfather, I thought he said uncle.

At any rate, if Paul Mooney is the grandfather, then he looks a hell of a lot younger than his sons IMO.  Well he looks younger than the son that's Adonnis' father, because I don't know how his twin brother has aged. At the very least, Adonnis' father looks like he could be Paul Mooney's brother not son.

Edited by represent
  • Love 1

^^ If so, just like the rest of us who want more, or to achieve and get at least closer to the top in our careers, we figure something out, make contacts, polish up the resume, to other work, etc.. She'll have to hustle. stand out, make her luck, and be in right places at the right times….but….look at Patricia Field, the Zoe Whatever-Her-Name-Is stylist who had her own Bravo show, and heck her assistant Brad even got his own show. She's got work like Omarosa….when that girl got her chance she worked her 15 mins…HARD!

Heck Rob wants into the music business, and was in a studio. If any who comes through that studio does an appearance, concert or video. RO had better be pitching herself to be the stylist. If her store or anyone she knows has some big event, she'd better be offering to style it, anyone having a fashion show -- I don't care if it's a a church hall and the Tom Thumb group -- she'd better pitch to be the stylist or show runner. Come on Ro -- HUSTLE!

if she were the only woman on an oil rig and the boss needed to push the fact that they hire women -- they'd come find her for photos. But she want to do something where competition is stiff, and Rob was right….she's not the the only game in town.

Edited by selhars
(edited)

the Zoe Whatever-Her-Name-Is stylist who had her own Bravo show, and heck her assistant Brad even got his own show.

Rachel Zoe. She had a show that went for quite a few seasons and was head stylist for a few brands, one was the shoe site the Old Navy/Gap brand had. Now she's head stylist (aka name attached) for ShoeDazzle. And many will know her former assistant, Brad Goreski who is currently on Fashion Police.

Edited by KarmaG
Why is it a stereotype just because you don't happen to agree? Is it so farfetched that some may love the hustle and bustle while others find it overwhelming? FWIW, I've had friends who moved there for a few years and loved it in the beginning, got sick of it, and moved back. That's them. YMMV.

It's a stereotype because it's only based on a few people's experiences and opinions.  NYC is very large, some ares is hustle and bustle but some areas aren't about that.  Movies and TV programs make all of NYC look like an episode of Sex and the City/Wall Street and that's not true.

In regards to Rob and Ro, I agree it's a career thing. I also think the hustle and bustle isn't a stereotype. I've lived in NYC for 10 years but I travel for work to places like rural Pennsylvania, Florida, Kentucky, etc - and yes, NYC moves faster than most places. Hell, we even walk faster than 90% of the country, I'd say. And I am tired of standing in lines for major events that would have a quarter of that line anywhere else (Global Citizen Festival, Afropunk, Seinfeld Exhibit, Alexander McQueen Met Exhibit). 

All of that said, when I first moved to NYC, my career was pretty much a Devil Wears Prada situation, my apt had no heat and hot water EVER and I was in a long distance relationship. I talked about moving to Atlanta constantly, despite wanting to live in NYC since I was a kid. So I feel for Ro. It reminds me so much of myself. Fortunately, I got promotion after promotion and a banging apt that I will never leave and here we are. She needs to stick it out a bit longer - in her field (and mine as well), NYC is where she should be if she wants to "make it". Sorry, but no one is going to be checking for the hottest fashion blogger in Tampa. 

• Love 2