Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: 17 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

Nobody?  I'm glad what's her name is gone.  Jeez, these people sound like they never finished high school for the most part.  I liked a few but it's too early to know names.

I just remembered the guy who never fails to tell us he was in the military.  He identified with the Buckingham Palace guards.  Who turned out to be strippers.  He should feel pretty stupid about falling for that. They toned down that Eddie this week who keeps pretending to shoot everything.

Wth with GR saying Bucken-um?  Scottish disrespect?  I thought it was Buckingum.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

I never thought I would feel sorry for The Game but that was just sad.

Kind of pathetic, huh, how they had to pretend to walk in, unexpectedly, as though it's a regular restaurant that's open every day, and not a set-up for a reality show.  And Gordon has to recite "Grammy Award winning hip-hop artist the Game" , and pretend he had any idea before the show who these guys are.

• Love 8

I haven't watched the show in the last several seasons and decided to give it another try but dayum these people are just plain hateful. It seems they never miss an opportunity to say something mean about their competitors to their face, behind their back or in their talking heads. Is it me or do they all look like meth heads just out of the clink?  Whew...back to Face Off I go where we can compete with others without thinking we have to roll our eyes and insult them when they make the same mistake we made ten minutes ago.    

Edited by Rosieroo
  • Love 5

Holes in just enough plates of dumplings to put the Red team over by one?! I handwave a lot of contrivance on that show, but that was one of the worst I've seen. "Look at the perfectly formed dumplings -- cut away for just a second -- and...heavens to betsy, there's a hole in the side! How ever did that get there?" :exaggerated wink:

Between that and "mysterious stove problems," the ratio of Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain stuff to actual, legitimate competition was higher than ever.

Sorry to see Sherkenna go. That Meeka (?) is a piece of work. But I love arctic char, and those didn't look burned to me. Clearly I would've been a disaster on the fish station.

• Love 5

Yeah I'm sure whoever this Game is that he was all "Yo, lets go eat at Hells Kitchen tonight." That bit was so seriously stupid and pointless, why act like he just showed up unexpectedly?

Surprised at the turnaround from Vanessa.

Next week's "drama" doesn't even look like it could be the least bit convincing. The editors have really stopped trying, haven't they?

Joe should have known better than to ask Ramsay to repeat an order. Ask your team, you blowhole.

I call shenanigans on the oven was off. It's been known for years that producers will shut them off during the service. I find it hard to believe that after a couple of minutes of cooking the rice and seeing no change that the girl (forget her name) wouldn't have double checked to make sure the oven was on at some point.

• Love 4

This show is craaaaaazzzy what was up with the England stripper guys and the sumo wrestler guys in the kitchen . There is no way I could be on this show I love to cook but the constant yelling and screaming I would have burnt that fish just like poor Sherkenna. I liked her but I agreed with Gordon's decision that she was the right person to go home. 

• Love 3

After every season I tell myself that I'm out. I can't do it again and yet when the new season starts, there I am.  That said, this early in the season I watch the first bit and then FF through dinner service to the part where someone gets sent home.  Why do I keep watching a show I hate so much?

All that said, I have to say that the sumo wrestlers were at least something new. Gross, but new.  

Edited by toolazy
  • Love 1

When the sumo wrestler started playing with the manboobs of the other one I broke down and laughed so hard I missed whatever they did next.

Sherkeena didn't seem to have any fight left in her by the ends. Saying you're passionate about food won't save you.

• Love 3

Apparently my expectations of this freak show are very, very low. When I caught up with this episode today I drifted off to play solitaire after the beefeaters showed up, and when I looked up and saw the sumo wrestlers I didn't bother to back up the DVR. Because Hell's Kitchen, why would there be a reason?

It makes me sad that Ramsay has gone from the not-idiotic british Kitchen Nightmares with his original, kind of likable craggy face and seeming desire to help to whatever the hell this is (complete with cockatoo crest).

• Love 4

Guess KN didn't get as high ratings as HK. Or KN might be more expensive and complicated to produce than HK. I've been watching some episodes of KN recently on Hulu, it sucks that it got canceled. It was a good show, still scripted in some areas, but overall a good show.

• Love 1

After every season I tell myself that I'm out. I can't do it again and yet when the new season starts, there I am.  That said, this early in the season I watch the first bit and then FF through dinner service to the part where someone gets sent home.  Why do I keep watching a show I hate so much?

So that you can come here and trash it with us? :-)

• Love 7

Won't miss Sherkeena (sp?). I loved how she said (paraphrasing)"I know for a fact my dumplings are better than Vanessa's," only for Gordon to have the opposite opinion. She just seemed...nasty.

Am I the only one who saw "The Game" listed on the previews and assumed they meant the wrestler Triple H?

I haven't even finished this episode, but Queen's guard strippers? Really? You could see the humiliation in Ramsay's pained smile. He probably has to mentally count his money every time they trot out stupid stunts like that. It gets worse every season. Only time I ever saw him more forced was when Paula Deen came on Master Chef and he had to force himself laugh at his jokes.

You gotta wonder if he would have quit the show years ago had his father in law not royally fucked up his company's finances.

I always wonder what the Z-list celebrities who appear on this show get out of this. Exposure on a low rated show that airs on Fridays? Nah. The free food? Maybe. I guess some exposure is better than none. In David Beckham's case it's because he and Gordon are BFF, otherwise no way would the show have been able to get him.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 1