Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Ffiferoo

AHS In The Media

Aw, I love Kenworthy, but have no idea whether or not he can act his way out of a paper bag. Maybe he'll just be eye candy?

Edited by Bruinsfan

I saw a teaser promo last night. Sad that Evan Peters is out this season. Like all of them, the concept has potential. The execution however... 

• Like 1

I am just hoping it is better then last season.  I know a lot of people think this show is all  flash  and no substance but I genuinely like it most seasons.  There has only really been two seasons I haven’t  found something to enjoy and that has been Freak Show and Appocolpse.  All the other seasons have been different degrees of a fun time for me and slashers are some of the most interesting types of horror when done right and having it at a 1984 camp could be awesome.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kokapetl said:

“Emma Roberts is coming back to season 9 and her boyfriend will be played by Olympic silver medalist freestyle skier Gus Kenworthy.” Someone will ski to safety, moat likely Gus Kenworthy, because why else would you bother?

I bet he won't last long - nice eye candy and then early victim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

“Emma Roberts is coming back to season 9 and her boyfriend will be played by Olympic silver medalist freestyle skier Gus Kenworthy.” Someone will ski to safety, moat likely Gus Kenworthy, because why else would you bother?

Gus is anything but averse to showing skin, which I imagine factored heavily in Ryan Murphy casting him. It remains to be seen if he can act his way out of a paper bag, but he has tons of charisma and a game attitude in his personal appearances.

• Like 1

Props to Evan Peters for not returning for Season 9. I do not blame him lol. 

This show starts well then falls apart.

I do not like Emma Roberts I just do not get it.

S9 will be the same as the others. Sarah will scream and cry. 

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

American Horror Story: 1984    10:00 PM      FX        September 18, 2019

• Like 2

I wonder if the setting is going to be a ski resort or somesuch like in all those 80s T&A movies.

1 hour ago, Bruinsfan said:

I wonder if the setting is going to be a ski resort or somesuch like in all those 80s T&A movies.

Sarah can ski and cry at the same time lol. 

• Laugh 2

38 minutes ago, Superclam said:

It's a mild spoiler, but here:

https://news.avclub.com/sarah-paulson-finally-has-better-things-to-do-than-appe-1836197013

This season's going to be... interesting. Or not. 

The lack of Sarah Paulson makes the show a lot less interesting for me.   Maybe not enough to stop me from watching outright but she has always been the major draw for me.  No Evan Peters No Lilly Rabe and no no Sarah Paulson.

i have always commended this show for being a ensemble show but it has lost its best players.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

i have always commended this show for being a ensemble show but it has lost its best players.  

I'll give you a very big "this." THIS. 

Pretty much leaves Emma Roberts as the star, and that's a big "yeesh." 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

I'll give you a very big "this." THIS. 

Pretty much leaves Emma Roberts as the star, and that's a big "yeesh." 

Yes I feel the same about Emma. I was getting tired of Sarah though because she does the same thing every season. Still she is a main player.  The new cast this season does not sound great.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong I adored Scream Queens.  And I actually really like Emma Roberts but not really for the lead in American Horror Story if it makes any sense.  Plus I am a huge fan of Sarah Paulson and think she hugely underrated,

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 2

I wouldn't mind watching Emma Roberts get murdered over and over every episode.

• Laugh 5

On 7/9/2019 at 10:03 AM, AnimeMania said:

Fine with me lol.

Sarah will probably guest star for a few episodes. That is what the new articles seem to be saying.

Evan Peters may be back for season 10. That is not 100% confirmed but that is what he said in  a few interviews as well. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 10:03 AM, AnimeMania said:

See this might be fun or go with her strength as Queen bitch and have her be the mask wearing knife  wielding bad guy.

I was really disappointed With Appocolpse  so I am hoping that this season is ALOT better.  I haven’t actually hated a season like I hated that one since  Freak Show.    I found something to enjoy about every other season .  Hotel is just plain fun to watch.   Roanoke is actually a good home invasion story once you get past the wobbly camera and it’s kinda fun.  I found Coven boring at the time but it grew on me.    And Murder House and Asylum are just good stories.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1

Eventually, Emma Roberts us going to have to be held responsible for the beat down she gave Evan Peters. It's absolutely ridiculous that she's gotten a pass on that. I don't doubt Murphy has her and Billie Lourd front and center, which doesn't leave me very hopeful.  Though I am thrilled Sarah Paulson will have a smaller role. She has one speed on this show: Sassy but tortured white lady. At least Peters showed range. Leslie Grossman is playing the nutty/neurotic blonde. Matthew Morrison is...whatever.  Christ. Bring back Finn Wittrock, please. He never disappoints.

From the cast reveal teaser, it looks like Cody Fern is playing an 80's version of Michael Langdon: Cocky, slightly effeminate and maybe a little dangerous aka every role James Spader played in the 80's. As for the theme, the cabin has a marker on the floor like when they're blocking scenes in films/tv. So maybe it centers around a horror movie set?

• Like 1

Maybe it's a homage to Return to Horror High, only with the film-within-a-film set in a summer camp rather than a school?

• Like 1

Seeing Gus with his tats covered up reminded me of how much I haaaaaaaatttttteeeeee the "let's cover ourselves up in tattoo" trend. I wonder why they have him in brown contacts, though?