Type keyword(s) to search

AHS In The Media

• Start Topic

Ryan Murphy Reveals ‘American Horror Story’ Season 10 Official Title With Instagram Video

AHS 10 Instagram Title Video

“The title of AHS 10 is Double Feature,” the eerie video of waves crashing into a shore read. “Two horrifying stories…one season.”

Teasing a first for the long-running horror season, Murphy’s Instagram post adds that the latest plot will feature two different storylines. “One by sea,” harkening back his previous clues of idyllic seasides, and “one by the sand.”

• Love 1
On 4/13/2021 at 3:11 AM, Female83 said:

The double stories in one season thing didn't work in Roanoke and it won't work in season 10. Going by the teaser poster it looks like mermaids or sirens will b the theme. 

I thought it was going to be about Mermaids or Sirens but I don't think it is.

Many male actors were spotted filming S10 dressed as Drag Queens.  Many actual drag queens have been hired. So I don't know what this season is about. I wanted a creepy dark water mystery or something. Now Ryan Murphy will just run wild with this concept of Drag Queens. Knowing him Lord only knows what will happen.

9 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

I thought it was going to be about Mermaids or Sirens but I don't think it is.

Many male actors were spotted filming S10 dressed as Drag Queens.  Many actual drag queens have been hired. So I don't know what this season is about. I wanted a creepy dark water mystery or something. Now Ryan Murphy will just run wild with this concept of Drag Queens. Knowing him Lord only knows what will happen.

I'm totally stumped as to what this season is going to be about. 

Years ago in the wishlist/dream season thread, I suggested that the show do AHS: Shipwreck. Have the show start on the water on some sort or cruise. Then for whatever reason the ship capsizes and the survivors find themselves in shark infested waters. The remaining survivors manage to get to an island where more horror ensues for the remaining episodes. It covers the idea of one story being by the sea and one being by the sand but that's about it. 

The jaws thing in the promo pics really has me intrigued. I doubt they'll do vampires again but I can't see mermaids having those sort of teeth even in Ryan Murphy land. Sirens seem more likely but I can't really see half a season being based on that. 

I have missed this show even though it's not as good as it used to be. I still look forward to it. I'm also really looking forward to the American Horror Stories spinoff. I'm hoping it'll be as fun to watch as Black Mirror.

4 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

The jaws thing in the promo pics really has me intrigued. I doubt they'll do vampires again but I can't see mermaids having those sort of teeth even in Ryan Murphy land. Sirens seem more likely but I can't really see half a season being based on that. 

The Japanese version of a mermaid (Ningyo) is sometimes depicted with those kind of teeth and might attack humans. What a Ningyo looks like varies greatly. It is also widely rumored that if you eat the flesh of a Ningyo, you stop aging.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

They are filming S10 of AHS, the spinoff,and the Jeffrey Dahmer show at the same time.  Ryan also had a poll going on all social media sites where you could vote in the theme for S11. Mermaids and Sirens were among the options.

ahs-double-feature-poster.jpg?q=50&fit=c

American Horror Story: Double Feature stars Kathy Bates, Leslie Grossman, Billie Lourd, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Adina Porter, Lily Rabe, Angelica Ross, Finn Wittrock, Frances Conroy and Macaulay Culkin. Season 10 will premiere Wednesday, Aug. 25 on FX.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Apparently this season will feature aliens. Curious if they'll be the same type of aliens we saw in Asylum. 

Ugh. They were the only part of Asylum I hated.

• Love 2
On 6/24/2021 at 8:35 PM, Avaleigh said:

Apparently this season will feature aliens. Curious if they'll be the same type of aliens we saw in Asylum. 

I'm also hearing this season is a bit funny.  Evan Peters said that in his Gold Derby Interview.  Aliens and Comedy lol. I already feel we have gone off the rails lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

‘American Horror Story’ Season 10 Production Shuts Down Due to COVID-19 Exposure (EXCLUSIVE)

“American Horror Story” Season 10 production has been temporarily halted due to a positive COVID-19 result from an actor on the show. Production will likely be suspended at least till the end of the week.

The tenth season of the series, entitled “American Horror Story: Double Feature,” is slated to premiere Aug. 25 at 10 p.m. on FX. The season is divided into two parts, with two separate stories and mostly separate casts. Part 2 is currently filming.

• Useful 1

The upcoming 10-episode 10th season of Ryan Murphy’s American Horror Story is titled Double Feature, it contains two separate stories. 

Part I: Red Tide is set by the sea and will be 6 episodes. It takes place in the seaside community of Provincetown, MA. The cast includes Finn Wittrock, Lily Rabe, Evan Peters, Frances Conroy, Angelica Ross, Leslie Grossman and Macaulay Culkin.

Part 2: Death Valley is set by the sand and will be 4 episodes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

American Horror Story is dropping 3 fake radio station announcements on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, in order to get you ready for the double episode premiere of American Horror Story on Thursday Aug. 25th.

Here is the one from Monday:

• Love 1

American Horror Story: Double Feature Characters — Your Complete Guide to Who's Playing Who in Part 1 'Red Tide'

American Horror Story: Double Feature, Who's Who, Guide to 'Red Tide'.

finn-wittrock-harry-gardner.jpg?w=620

Finn Wittrock as Harry, a struggling writer who moves his pregnant wife and young daughter to the isolated beach town of Provincetown, Mass., for the winter. A nasty case of writer’s block will soon become the least of his worries.

lily-rabe-doris-gardner.jpg?w=620

Lily Rabe playing Harry's pregnant wife Doris. Despite being a city girl by nature, Doris is trying to look on the bright side of her new life in Provincetown.

ryan-kiera-armstrong-alma-gardner.jpg?w=

Ryan Kiera Armstrong as Harry and Doris’ daughter Alma, a musical prodigy with a penchant for freaking out her parents by spouting unsettling platitudes like “It takes pain to make beautiful things.”

frances-conroy-belle-noir.jpg?w=620

Frances Conroy plays the the flamboyant "Belle" who appears to traffic in other people’s victories - but at what cost?

evan-peters-austin-sommers.jpg?w=620

Evan Peters plays a provocative character, the oh-so-smarmy Austin, who talks of Provincetown’s innate ability to provide inspiration to those who seek it.

leslie-grossman-ursula.jpg?w=620

Leslie Grossman plays the occasionally bespectacled Ursula. She senses that “something weird” is afoot in Provincetown, Ursula is determined to get to the bottom of the situation by any means necessary.

macaulay-culkin-mickey.jpg?w=620

Macaulay Culkin as an apparent ne’er-do-well named Mickey. 

angelica-ross-the-chemist.jpg?w=620

Angelica Ross

Spoiler

Is the person supplying everyone with those little black pills.

sarah-paulson-tb-karen.jpg?w=620

Sarah Paulson plays “TB Karen,” a mysterious local whose favorite pastimes include running, screaming and bleeding from her face.

denis-ohare-holden.jpg?w=620

Denis O’Hare plays a seemingly upstanding Provincetown resident named Holden who makes a grim discovery on the beach.

billie-lourd-lark.jpg?w=620

Billie Lourd plays a dentist named Lark.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Here is the one from Wednesday:

American Horror Story: Double Feature new trailer that includes Part 2 “Death Valley” (I hope that “Death Valley” is not completely in "Black & White".

The cast for American Horror Story: Double Feature Part 2 “Death Valley”

Sarah Paulson, Neal McDonough, Kaia Gerber, Nico Greetham, Rachel Hilson, Lily Rabe, Rebecca Dayan, Angelica Ross, Leslie Grossman and Cody Fern.

Cast for American Horror Story: Double Feature Part 1 “Red Tide”

E9qIfsbXIAIxCBd.jpeg

E9qIgi0XEAI-qVB.jpeg

E9qIhIfXoAEgWib.jpeg

E9qImMFWQA0ZChT.jpeg

E9qIiDrXsAIHmNZ.jpeg

E9qIimNXEAYfdYa.jpeg

E9qIjMZX0AkLPZI.jpeg

E9qIjtzXEAM9U9b.jpeg

E9qIkRiXoAAMVgC.jpeg

E9qIk60XoAAubu0.jpeg

E9qIljnXsAYrjxn.jpeg

E9qIm0QXIAMSRd1.jpeg

• Love 2

American Horror Story: Double Feature Part 2: Death Valley

MV5BMWFhOGI5ZmQtNjA1My00NWExLTg1MDktYThk

American-Horror-Story-10x07-Promo-_Take-

Neal McDonough as Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sarah Paulson as Mamie Eisenhower

Lily Rabe as Amelia Earhart

Craig Sheffer as Richard Nixon

Alisha Soper as Marilyn Monroe

Angelica Ross as Alien-Hybrid

Nico-Greetham-Rachel-Hilson-Isaac-Powell

Kaia Gerber as Kendall

Rebecca Dayan as Maria

as well as Nico Greetham, Isaac Powell, Rachel Hilson, Leslie Grossman, and Cody Fern. 

crop;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

• Love 1

FdGr2V_X0AAgC4m?format=jpg&name=large

10 episodes airing two episodes a week

Fdm0EB2WIAEWSTq?format=jpg&name=small

Confirmed cast: Sarah Paulson, Patti LuPone, Rebecca Dayan, Billie Lourd, Charlie Carver, Russel Tovey and Sandra Bernhard.

FXVEVWIUYAARMgg?format=jpg&name=large

Fdm0EB2XEAA3MeF?format=jpg&name=small

Rumored cast: Leslie Grossman, Isaac Cole Powell, Kaia Gerber, Lily Rabe, Nico Greetham, Denis O’Hare and Cody Fern.

FXVImfBUUAAwc2T?format=jpg&name=medium

FdwMzA_X0AAJze_?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 1

1500x500-25.jpg
Zachary Quinto (Sam
Billie Lourd (Hannah)
Patti LuPone (Kathy)
Isaac Powell (Theo Graves)
Sandra Bernhard (Fran)
Charlie Carver (Adam Carpenter)
Russell Tovey (Patrick Read)
Leslie Grossman (Barbara Read)