Type keyword(s) to search

AHS In The Media

• Start Topic

That is just bizarre.  I can imagine that there are a few actresses cursing Gaga tonight after she beat them.  This season would have been much better without her and with an actress who can actually act.

• Love 3

Joining the outage! Gaga is all style and no substance on this show. Anything that calls for her to be something other than an emotionally detached clothes horse on tranquilizers borders on cringe-worthy. 

Evan Peters and Mare Winningham gave the most award worthy performances this season. IMHO.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 2

No wonder Leonardo Di Caprio gave her a funny look as she walked past him to accept the award.  Probably as shocked as anyone that someone who's not an actress won the best actress award.  I did love that look on his face!

• Love 2

He should be careful. Next awards show they're both at, she could easily arrange an accident with some razor-edged or flammable accesory of one of her outfits and no one would be able to prove it was intentional.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 2

I thought she did very well for a first time actress. I havent watched the other shows but I dont doubt there was some strong(er) competition. I dont think she was a joke though. She had some very emotional scenes that she did just fine if not pretty well in. Do I think she deserved a GG? I dunno. But I don't agree that she was a joke or all style-no-substance.

I will be the lone dissenter and say I dont think Evan Peters, Mare Winningham, or Angela Basset deserved a nom. They just didnt have that much to do, and if they did, it was all about outrageous accents and nothing more. The latter of the 3, I'm throwing in even though no one has mentioned her because I am SO tired of that over-acting type of talking she does with every.single.character.

I think it's quite telling that people who have watched the show, some of us religiously, aren't buying Lady Gaga's win. I bet most of the people who voted for her never actually watched the show and just went "oh, cool, she's doing acting". Some of them may have watched one or two scene's chosen to highlight her acting but I can't imagine anyone who has watched the entire season thinking she is the best actress on the show, let alone on all shows.

I don't think she's terrible. She's done some decent work, but she's green, rough around the edges, and needs to work a little more on the craft before she can be considered award worthy. I think she has potential and can get better if she works on it, but for this role, no, not award worthy. Maybe some day, I do see potential, but not now, and not for this role. It wasn't even an award worthy role. She basically just flashed her naked body a bit, made some vague remarks and tried to act vampish. How was any of that even acting? It was her being her.

I'm glad I'm over the whole awards thing. When my boss handed me an Emmy ballad and told me I could vote for her I realized what a crock they were.

• Love 2

It wasn't even an award worthy role. She basically just flashed her naked body a bit, made some vague remarks and tried to act vampish. How was any of that even acting?

From what I've seen, nudity carries a lot of clout when it comes to TV critics and the like, so the GG voting was biased.

Regardless of whether or not I think Gaga's performance was the best in that category, I do think that she was deeply and sincerely moved by receiving the award. Considering that most of us don't think the Globes are particularly relevant, I think her reaction was lovely.

• Love 3

Her win pretty much cemented to me what bullshit the GG are. It's one thing to nominate Angelina Jolie for some nonsense like The Tourist but to actually have Gaga win just to get better ratings is just depressing. At least three of the other nominees were stronger. 

• Love 3

Emmy nominations:

OUTSTANDING HAIRSTYLING FOR A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE

OUTSTANDING MAKEUP FOR A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE (NON-PROSTHETIC)

OUTSTANDING PROSTHETIC MAKEUP FOR A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES, MOVIE OR SPECIAL

OUTSTANDING SOUND EDITING FOR A LIMITED SERIES, MOVIE OR SPECIAL

I hope I'm not repeating anything that has already been posted here in this forum.  I checked 3 different threads and I didn't see it mentioned, but I could have easily missed something.  So, please accept my apologies if I am sharing info that has already been shared and is very old news!  lol

Anyway, about the next season (which will probably start in September).... Has anyone heard the supposed rumors that the title American Horror Story:  Radioactive has been trademarked?   Now that could be some sort of red herring, meant to throw everyone off track.   Nothing would surprise me at this point.   However, if Radioactive IS a legitimate trademarked title, what do you suppose the season will be about?  According to this article, it will neither be set in the past nor in the present --

http://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/american-horror-story-season-8-theme-cast-release-date-everything-know-far-2156650

Edited by TVFan17
On 4/5/2018 at 2:54 PM, AyeMada said:

Dynasty Soap Queen Joan Collins Joins American Horror Story Season 8

https://www.soapoperaspy.com/2018/dynasty-soap-queen-joan-collins-joins-american-horror-story-season-8/

She will be playing Evan Peters Grandma. He is set to play a comedic hair stylist.

Peters and Paulson will both direct an Episode of Season 8.

Adina Porter, Billy Eichner, Leslie Grossman, Cheyenne Jackson are all confirmed to return.

On 31/03/2018 at 12:14 AM, TVFan17 said:

I hope I'm not repeating anything that has already been posted here in this forum.  I checked 3 different threads and I didn't see it mentioned, but I could have easily missed something.  So, please accept my apologies if I am sharing info that has already been shared and is very old news!  lol

Anyway, about the next season (which will probably start in September).... Has anyone heard the supposed rumors that the title American Horror Story:  Radioactive has been trademarked?   Now that could be some sort of red herring, meant to throw everyone off track.   Nothing would surprise me at this point.   However, if Radioactive IS a legitimate trademarked title, what do you suppose the season will be about?  According to this article, it will neither be set in the past nor in the present --

http://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/american-horror-story-season-8-theme-cast-release-date-everything-know-far-2156650

My mind immediately goes to some kind of post-nuclear war type scenario.  Which I'm not sure I would like.

On 4/7/2018 at 9:30 AM, ShadowHunter said:

She will be playing Evan Peters Grandma. He is set to play a comedic hair stylist.

Peters and Paulson will both direct an Episode of Season 8.

Adina Porter, Billy Eichner, Leslie Grossman, Cheyenne Jackson are all confirmed to return.

I think I'm most excited about Billy Eichner. He was great last season, and I always enjoy this series more when there is some humor mixed in.

• Love 1

Now, I haven't seen Roanoke or Cult.

But is anyone else tired of seeing Sarah Paulson? In every American Horror Story season? I wish other actors took the main stage.

For example,

Coven: Why was she made the supreme? Out of all other characters?

Asylum: Majority featuring her

Freakshow: The story focuses on her with few side stories

Hotel: Way too many Sarah Paulson

I kinda wish they semi retried her, let other actors in the background take turns to be the main character of a season, or at least play supporting role.

Also, I'm so tired of that yelling scared scream she does.

• Love 7

The only character she's done so far I've actually enjoyed is the weepy addict in Hotel.  Otherwise, gah, I'm sick of her performances.

Then again, the casting may not be with the repeat viewer in mind (the one who sees every AHS season) but with the new viewer who just comes to the show without having seen her repetitive performances before.

The actress who comes to mind as superior and a break out is Ruth Negga.  I've seen her do all manner of shows and can tell she is organically talented -- my God, from "Preacher" to "Loving" her range is phenomenal.

• Love 2
On 5/5/2018 at 12:50 PM, Miss.Queenie said:

Hotel: Way too many Sarah Paulson

I kinda wish they semi retried her, let other actors in the background take turns to be the main character of a season, or at least play supporting role.

Also, I'm so tired of that yelling scared scream she does.

Way too much Sarah the last few seasons but I know we are probably stuck with her till the show ends. 

• Love 1

I heard today that Seaon 8 is coming in September 2018 and will be a crossover season of Murder House and Coven!* So intrigued and excited!

*Source: Entertainment Weekly radio on SiriusXM

• Love 6
On 6/15/2018 at 4:15 AM, Superclam said:

Of course, that makes one wonder if Jessica Lange is returning. 

Oh, I hope so! I miss her so much on AHS. I wish Lange, Bassett, and Bates would be guaranteed for every season.

• Love 8

Emmy nominations:

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie - Sarah Paulson
Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Limited Series Or Movie - Adina Porter
Outstanding Production Design For A Narrative Contemporary Program (One Hour Or More)
Outstanding Hairstyling For A Limited Series Or Movie
Outstanding Makeup For A Limited Series Or Movie (Non-Prosthetic)
Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup For A Series, Limited Series, Movie Or Special
Outstanding Sound Editing For A Limited Series, Movie Or Special

• Love 3

When I open the forums on my iPad they tend to jump around a lot before finally landing where I can start reading.  I saw the post about Jessica Lange coming back and then my screen jumped to the ads at the bottom which included a woman bowing (in a yoga pose).  Seemed appropriate for once!

• Love 1
On 8/3/2018 at 8:42 PM, Valny said:

OMG, it's finally happening....Jessica Lange in coming back his season!!!

I've miss her presence so much, especially in these last few seasons which I didn't love.

I am fine since its a limited role. I felt the show started to become too much about her and the characters she played were all the same.

Thrilled we are going back to Season 1 though. It ended with a cliffhanger and we will finally see some resolution.

Not the biggest fan of Coven but if done right it could be interesting to see some of the characters again.

Edited by ShadowHunter

American Horror Story Season 8 premiere ratings 3.1 million viewers and a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49. 

Previous premiere ratings

S1) 3.2 million viewers and a 1.6 rating.  

S2)3.9 million viewers and a 2.2 rating.

S3) 5.5 million viewers and a 3.0 rating.

S4)6.1 million viewers and a 3.1 rating. 

S5) 5.8 million viewers and a 3.0 rating.

S6)5.1 million viewers and a 2.8 rating

S7)3.9 million viewers and a 2.0 rating.