Type keyword(s) to search

AHS In The Media

• Start Topic

American Horror Story: About Danielle Valentine's Delicate Condition

American Horror Story Season 12: Delicate is based on the upcoming novel "Delicate Condition" by Danielle Valentine, being released in August 2023.

9781728276885.jpg

The Push meets The Silent Patient in a gripping thriller that follows a woman convinced a sinister figure is going to great lengths to make sure her pregnancy never happens—while the men in her life refuse to believe a word she says.

Anna Alcott is desperate to have a family. But as she tries to balance her increasingly public life as an indie actress with a grueling IVF journey, she starts to suspect that someone is going to great lengths to make sure that never happens. Crucial medicines are lost. Appointments get swapped without her knowledge. Cryptic warnings have her jumping at shadows. And despite everything she's gone through to make this pregnancy a reality, not even her husband is willing to believe that someone is playing twisted games with her.

Then her doctor tells her she's had a miscarriage—except Anna's convinced she's still pregnant despite everything the grave-faced men around her claim. She can feel the baby moving inside her, can see the strain it's taking on her weakening body. Vague warnings become direct threats as someone stalks her through the bleak ghost town of the snowy Hamptons. As her symptoms and sense of danger grow ever more horrifying, Anna can't help but wonder what exactly she's carrying inside of her…and why no one will listen when she says something is horribly, painfully wrong.

Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have chosen Halley Feiffer as the writer and showrunner. Production started in NYC on, April 24, 2023, but is rocky due to the Writer's Strike. Known cast members include:

Emma Roberts, wife of Matt Czuchry's character
Matt Czuchry, husband of Emma Roberts' character
Kim Kardashian
Cara Delevingne 
Michaela Jaé Rodriguez
Annabelle Dexter-Jones

• Thanks 1
(edited)

Hmm, Ryan Murphy not being the writer/showrunner sounds very promising, but I feel like we've already seen this plot play out over several episodes of American Horror Stories, told with all the subtlety of a lifetime movie, and the 'bleak ghost town of snowy Hamptons' sounds like a similar setting to Provincetown in winter that we saw two seasons ago.  Even with Emma Roberts apparently playing the lead (?) I'm not convinced.

Edited by Glade
  • Like 4

Nobody going through miscarriages and the the IVF process needs this. As if as an experience it wasn’t already awful enough. Yuck.

Seriously, I know this show has done traumatic seasons before which fed on other people’s dreadful real life trauma (AIDS, anyone). But still. This also seems unnecessarily nasty and tasteless.

22 hours ago, Lebanna said:

Nobody going through miscarriages and the the IVF process needs this. As if as an experience it wasn’t already awful enough. Yuck.

Seriously, I know this show has done traumatic seasons before which fed on other people’s dreadful real life trauma (AIDS, anyone). But still. This also seems unnecessarily nasty and tasteless.

True, but no one is forcing them to watch it either. 🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Now just the thought of a Kartrashian on my screen is far more offensive than anything else I could imagine!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
On 7/21/2023 at 4:34 PM, AstridM said:

True, but no one is forcing them to watch it either. 🤷‍♀️

Now just the thought of a Kartrashian on my screen is far more offensive than anything else I could imagine!

Ain't that the truth?  This will be the first of 12 seasons that I will not even be attempting, as I refuse to subscribe to anything involving that trash family.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
16 minutes ago, Miss Bones said:

Ain't that the truth?  This will be the first of 12 seasons that I will not even be attempting, as I refuse to subscribe to anything involving that trash family.

May or may not be your loss but to stop watching something because one person is involved that you don't care for out of a load of people is a little silly, why let someone have that much power over what you watch? Many thought the same about Lady Gaga and IMO missed one of the better AHS because of their shortsightedness.

There are plenty of people who I don't appreciate in series I watch but I wouldn't stop watching something I enjoyed because of 1 person.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
24 minutes ago, Shrek said:

May or may not be your loss but to stop watching something because one person is involved that you don't care for out of a load of people is a little silly, why let someone have that much power over what you watch? Many thought the same about Lady Gaga and IMO missed one of the better AHS because of their shortsightedness.

There are plenty of people who I don't appreciate in series I watch but I wouldn't stop watching something I enjoyed because of 1 person.

Well, then don't let it stop you.  I will not be watching.  Also, I did not say that I typically enjoy the series, so no one is holding any power over me.  I said that I "attempt" to watch each season... meaning, I watch until it flies off the handle, and I inevitably stop watching, due to declining interest.  As previously stated, with Kim being involved, I will not even be attempting.  If I find out it is a "Drew Barrymore being killed in the first 10 minutes of Scream" kind of situation, perhaps I will try it.  YMMV

Edited by Miss Bones
grammar
  • Like 3
On 8/16/2023 at 3:26 PM, Miss Bones said:

Same, although it would be enjoyable to watch Kimmy’s character suffer and die, lol. 

• Wink 1

I didn’t watch last season, and I’m not sure about this. I’m also iffy, because they didn’t strike. Plus, I’m tired of streaming networks splitting seasons into two parts. 

Edited by Anela
  • Like 2

Last season was actually one of the best, IMO. This season looks like it'll be more like the season before it, which was one of the worst, again IMO. 

I don't know where they're going with this split season thing. Maybe an attempt to drum up some suspense with a cliffhanger? 

• Like 3

The split season probably is because of the Strike. There was a lot of drama while Ryan Murphy was trying to film 3 TV Series during the Strike. American Horror Stories was probably also adversely affected since the Season seemed to have been shorten from 6 to 4 episodes.

Ryan Murphy Threatens Lawsuit Against WGA Strike Captain

WGA Picketers Target ‘American Horror Story’ At Silvercup Studios As Ryan Murphy Threatens Litigation Against Strike Captain

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, Superclam said:

Last season was actually one of the best, IMO. This season looks like it'll be more like the season before it, which was one of the worst, again IMO. 

I don't know where they're going with this split season thing. Maybe an attempt to drum up some suspense with a cliffhanger? 

I might watch last year’s. I was just so tired of the show going off the rails.  I’m still not in the right head space for that.  

23 hours ago, Anela said:

I might watch last year’s. I was just so tired of the show going off the rails.  I’m still not in the right head space for that.  

I would bet good money that this year's Kardashian and apparently spider baby incarnation will go flying off the rails. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 8/29/2023 at 7:53 PM, Superclam said:

I would bet good money that this year's Kardashian and apparently spider baby incarnation will go flying off the rails. 

Was the 2019 season good? I've just remembered that I didn't get past the first episode, but I can't remember why.

8 hours ago, Anela said:

Was the 2019 season good? I've just remembered that I didn't get past the first episode, but I can't remember why.

1984? I thought it was the bottom of the barrel. That and Double Feature, especially the second half. 

• Like 1

From Kim Kardashian to Emma Roberts, here's who everyone is playing on AHS: Delicate

AHS-092123-01.jpg

Emma Roberts as Anna Victoria Alcott, New York City-based actress, desperate for fame and a child

AHS-092123-04.jpg

Matt Czuchry as Dex Harding, husband of Anna Victoria Alcott, previously married to a woman named Adeline who died.

AHS-092123-02.jpg

Kim Kardashian as Siobhan Corbyn, Anna's publicist and best friend, who is also having child birth issues 

Denis O'Hare as Dr. Andrew Hill, Anna's IVF doctor

AHS-092123-08.jpg

Juliana Canfield as Talia, an artist, who was best friends with Dex and his late wife, Adeline. 

AHS-092123-05.jpg

Annabell Dexter-Jones as Sonia Shawcross/Adeline, an artist, who also happens to look a lot like Adeline, Dex's dead wife.

AHS-092123-03.jpg

Cara Delevingne as Ivy, a person that seems to be everywhere that Anna is

Julie White as Io Preecher, a person that seems to be everywhere that Anna is

• Thanks 1