Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Vaulted)

44 minutes ago, jenrising said:

I saw Andrea's first comments after the debate ended and she looked like she was in physical pain trying to do anything but vomit out her hatred of HRC. It would be funny if it wasn't so gross and unprofessional. 

Being on the road, on planes and trains and buses for an extended time doing mobile, on-the-bus reporting, is exhausting even for younger people, let alone someone in their late sixties.  I imagine Andrea wanted to be one of the network's "Road Warriors," but she's found out the hard way it's not all it is cracked up to be.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 3

Ladies and gentlemen, I am aware the debate brings up a lot of strong feelings and some may want to gloat or vent, but I will stress again: PTV does not like politics. And as this was more of a wide telecast everywhere (Fox, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, etc.), and not specifically an MSNBC program, this is not the board for recapping and dissecting.

So please talk all after-debate chat elsewhere.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, 33kaitykaity said:

Being on the road, on planes and trains and buses for an extended time doing mobile, on-the-bus reporting, is exhausting even for younger people, let alone someone in their late sixties.  I imagine Andrea wanted to be one of the network's "Road Warriors," but she's found out the hard way it's not all it is cracked up to be.  

That's not what I meant at all. I'm not talking about her ability or stamina to do her job. I'm talking about her unwillingness to put her personal feelings aside to do her job.

Mods: I hope this doesn't violate what you just said, but I just wanted to clarify my last post (which was about MSNBC coverage specifically). 

Edited by jenrising
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, car54 said:

Uh oh, Kate Snow just had Howard Dean on about his cocaine tweet and he's sticking by it.

Well, it would be an hour long special on Hannity if Hillary had sounded like that (he does all the time, by the way; guess they haven't watched a lot of his rallies. Could be many things, though, as surely Dean knows.). So...why, Howard, why?  Can't she get a good day of publicity (at least as shown on MSNBC) without another unwanted distraction--and demand for her to disavow something/someone?  I'm shocked at his lack of discipline.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, jenrising said:

That's not what I meant at all. I'm not talking about her ability or stamina to do her job. I'm talking about her unwillingness to put her personal feelings aside to do her job.

Mods: I hope this doesn't violate what you just said, but I just wanted to clarify my last post (which was about MSNBC coverage specifically). 

I see what you did there.  (Re  stamina.)  Lol.  

BTW, I don't disagree that Arms is anti-HRC to her bony core.  I just meant I find her current plight of being on the road with all of the other marquee network names with the divas in the road warrior ditches kind of amusing.  

Mods -- we're doing talent, not topic.  Talent's still okay?

• Love 2

On the talent then, are Mike Barnicle and WIllie Geist dating?  They sit really close to each other all the time.  From the reverse shot, it looks even closer.  Stuff could be happening under that table.  I'm just saying!  See, no politics, just the talent. 

NY Daily News columnist is very unhappy with Chuck Todd:

Chuck Todd said the worst thing last night at the presidential debate

No, the actual worst thing said last night came from someone as mainstream, mildly likeable and congenitally inoffensive as Chuck Todd. He criticized Clinton for being “over-prepared."

That Chuck Todd thinks this is anything but sexist and condescending is jaw-dropping. Like, when I saw this tweet I literally sat in my car and stared at my phone for at least 3 seconds. Which doesn't sound like a lot, but it is. (Try it — you'll see.)

• Love 12

Lawrence annoyed me by setting up Reagan v. Carter as Class Clown v. Class President.  Eventually, he concluded by saying Reagan did well, unlike Trump and exceeded expectations.  I'm no Reagan booster, but he didn't even mention that  Reagan  was a 2x governor of Ca, the state with the largest economy in the nation. And he got a college education (BA economics) when it wasn't easy, had a great success as a radio broadcaster, was a competent actor with a good career, had another success in the new medium of television, including 14 years as a GE spokesman (and 6 years in leadership role as the head of SAG, elected to represent them).                                                                         

I didn't agree with Reagan about very much, but he's like Einstein compared with Trump--and was someone who would never be so rude and demeaning to people. I thought LOD was very smug and dishonest in putting them together (another Reagan thing was he wrote a lot--speeches in the beginning and later edits--and rehearsed speeches over and over, like JFK, because he had respect for his audience and for the written and spoken word. i.e. nothing like Trump). 

Sometimes Lawrence is good. Tonight I thought he sounded a little too OTT, even though I agreed with his basic feelings about Trump. .   

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Padma said:

Lawrence annoyed me by setting up Reagan v. Carter as Class Clown v. Class President.  Eventually, he concluded by saying Reagan did well, unlike Trump and exceeded expectations.  I'm no Reagan booster, but he didn't even mention that  Reagan  was a 2x governor of Ca, the state with the largest economy in the nation. And he got a college education (BA economics) when it wasn't easy, had a great success as a radio broadcaster, was a competent actor with a good career, had another success in the new medium of television, including 14 years as a GE spokesman (and 6 years in leadership role as the head of SAG, elected to represent them).                                                                         

I didn't agree with Reagan about very much, but he's like Einstein compared with Trump--and was someone who would never be so rude and demeaning to people. I thought LOD was very smug and dishonest in putting them together (another Reagan thing was he wrote a lot--speeches in the beginning and later edits--and rehearsed speeches over and over, like JFK, because he had respect for his audience and for the written and spoken word. i.e. nothing like Trump). 

Sometimes Lawrence is good. Tonight I thought he sounded a little too OTT, even though I agreed with his basic feelings about Trump. .   

1. Yes, I was also annoyed that Lawrence didn't mention Reagan's governor experience. (I remember it because, as a UC Berkeley alum, I learned about how Gov. Reagan sent National Guard helicopters to gas student protesters, even though that was way before my time.)

2. New York Magazine's Frank Rich, the former NY Times columnist who now produces Veep, did have a great article a few months back about how Reagan was actually considered a clown when he ran in 1976.

• Love 4

I love it when Rachel Maddow gets her crew to crack up. Last night, she talked about getting kicked out of Catholic "class" because she wore a "Jesus is Coming...Look Busy" t-shirt and someone backstage burst out laughing. I love those little moments when I get the impression that MSNBC is having fun again. Poor Kornacki - shows up with sleeves just made to pushed up, but no map for him. 

Chris Matthews has had another body snatching. In his post-debate talking heads, he was suddenly all on the Clinton train and was actually a tad...restrained? On meds? Off meds? On bottle? Off bottle? Whatever, I'll take it. 

However, we're apparently back to Trump-toutin' Morning Joe hosts. Folks, I don't care if you're not neutral reporters. That's OK. But please be consistent. It's more interesting to me to watch a consistent pundit try desperately to spin a loss or bad cycle or (heavens!) evolve on an issue, but the flip flopping at the command of the executive zeitgeist is tiresome and annoying. Also, MSNBC, you need to keyword/tag your show descriptions better so that I can search your page and see whether a certain panelist will be appearing - no good with the "MJ panel discussions" so I have to waste time FF-ing through the clip. Please help make my pathetic life a little more efficient, k, thx.

Could they can BriWi and just run Joy Reid's Twitter on my teevee? That woman needs primetime, stat. I'm debating between her and Michelle Obama as my write-in POTUS vote. 

Edited by potatoradio
Cos I thought of somepin' else to say because coffee
  • Love 3

I've always thought of Reagan as not really very smart.  He was first and foremost an actor.  He had the same phoniness as a reality star. Carter was and is worth 10 of him.  I loved that Lawrence characterized Trump vs. Clinton as the Class Clown vs the Class President.  It was the best comparison I heard anywhere!

• Love 16
4 hours ago, potatoradio said:

I love it when Rachel Maddow gets her crew to crack up. Last night, she talked about getting kicked out of Catholic "class" because she wore a "Jesus is Coming...Look Busy" t-shirt and someone backstage burst out laughing. I love those little moments when I get the impression that MSNBC is having fun again. Poor Kornacki - shows up with sleeves just made to pushed up, but no map for him. 

This was funny especially when she said she got kicked out of class. You could just picture her getting kicked out of many a class. She was and still is since she often admits that she's actually 8 years old...one of those kids who was damn near as smart if not smarter than the teacher. You know damn well "that because the bible says so" did not cut mustard with her. You just know she was in class saying stuff like "That doesn't make any sense, how can that be?" LOL

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 4

I absolutely LOVED Chris Hayes last night!  He took down Rep. Burgess last night and decimated the guy.  For every lie and evasion that Rep. Burgess spouted, Chris had a ready, "But, you said...", or "Yes, but, isn't it true..."  And, Chris was so polite and kept a smile on his face the entire time.

Watching Burgess stumble all over himself was a thing of beauty!  I wish other journalists would take note on how to effectively call out a hypocrite on his lies with facts and that hypocrite's own words, deeds and history.  Well done, Chris!

• Love 10

Wish Chris H. would take on the awful Trump surrogate that was on this a.m. Can't remember her name--she's short, blonde, maybe 50ish and I thought from Texas, but apparently not. She was just like Kellyanne, robotic about bringing every question back to Hillary.

And my money is on someone at MSNBC pointing out how Trump "isn't being mean to Hillary by talking about "Bill's women" in the 1990s"--the details of which he and they misrepresent (esp. Rudy in the clip Tamron showed). Anyway, the way they "don't" talk about it, is... by talking about it! Two seconds after the debate, Trump was praising himself for not mentioning it (out of respect for Chelsea. Hah! As if!). Since then, I've heard a bunch of them talking about it.  Thomas mentioned how Eric Trump was talking about it this morning. And they showed a clip of Giuliani saying Monica sued because of feeling so violated or somesuch.  Then Donald praised himself again at a rally "for not talking about Bill Clinton's infidelities, but I probably won't hold back next time."

I think the only reason he's talking about it THIS way, now, is because Kellyanne convinced him that mentioning it in the debate would backfire. Now that he sees he lost, I'll bet he's saying it was her fault because she didn't let him bring out his "best material".  That's what I say, too. "Let Donald be Donald!"  And bring on Round 2.

• Love 10

I just think it's lazy, lazy journalism to bring on, over and over, the surrogates.  They promote political understanding as much as prostitutes promote love and marriage.  Yes, you get the quick satisfaction of being nailed hard and fast, but in the end you're still just screwed.

Happened just to turn on the TV now and it was on MSNBC, just in time to hear Kornacki say that Drumpf was about to have a rally and "of course we'll carry it."  Why do you fucking have to carry every rally live?  Take video and if there's something newsworthy, report it.  Otherwise you're just proving why Drumpf thinks Hillary is an idiot for paying for her air time.

Edited by cattykit
  • Love 16

The Drumpf rally is near here in Bolingbrook, IL, so we're stuck hearing about it on the news all day.   Even on the classical music station one day, they began their little news segment with "Donald Trump says..."  WTF, is there no escape from his idiocy!

11 minutes ago, cattykit said:

it's lazy, lazy journalism to bring on, over and over, the surrogates.  They promote political understanding as much as prostitutes promote love and marriage.  Yes, you get the quick satisfaction of being nailed hard and fast, but in the end you're still just screwed.

SO funny!

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Padma said:

Wish Chris H. would take on the awful Trump surrogate that was on this a.m. Can't remember her name--she's short, blonde, maybe 50ish and I thought from Texas, but apparently not. She was just like Kellyanne, robotic about bringing every question back to Hillary.

And my money is on someone at MSNBC pointing out how Trump "isn't being mean to Hillary by talking about "Bill's women" in the 1990s"--the details of which he and they misrepresent (esp. Rudy in the clip Tamron showed). Anyway, the way they "don't" talk about it, is... by talking about it! Two seconds after the debate, Trump was praising himself for not mentioning it (out of respect for Chelsea. Hah! As if!). Since then, I've heard a bunch of them talking about it.  Thomas mentioned how Eric Trump was talking about it this morning. And they showed a clip of Giuliani saying Monica sued because of feeling so violated or somesuch.  Then Donald praised himself again at a rally "for not talking about Bill Clinton's infidelities, but I probably won't hold back next time."

I think the only reason he's talking about it THIS way, now, is because Kellyanne convinced him that mentioning it in the debate would backfire. Now that he sees he lost, I'll bet he's saying it was her fault because she didn't let him bring out his "best material".  That's what I say, too. "Let Donald be Donald!"  And bring on Round 2.

It's funny how no one is mentioning the lawsuit filed against Drumpf by an anonymous "Jane Doe" accusing him of raping her in 1994 when she was 13 years old.  How this one slipped by the mainstream media, I'll never know.

But, see, this is always the danger of these tit-for-tat, who slept with whom firebombs.  Why not just stipulate beforehand that Drumpf, Ghouliani and Bill Clinton acted as if the 80's and 90's were FuckFest Decades and be done with it.  I can only marvel at how MSNBC would allow its shows to morph into one big Jerry Springer tribute.  Is this what this race has come down to?  What happened to taking the high road and refusing to wallow in the mud and sticking to the issues that matter most to voters?

I swear, everything Drumpf and his surrogates touch turns to shit, and that includes our national discourse and, of course, the role of the media as the Fourth Estate.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 19

Good ratings news for Rachel and Joy (and others I do not care to discuss because I pretend they don't exist).

Airing on the weekends from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., AM Joy delivered the time period’s biggest total viewer audience since the 1st quarter of 2003 and biggest A25-54 audience since Q4 2012.

This is really good and I hope leads to more Joy Reid on my tv. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

It's funny how no one is mentioning the lawsuit filed against Drumpf by an anonymous "Jane Doe" accusing him of raping her in 1994 when she was 13 years old.  How this one slipped by the mainstream media, I'll never know.

But, see, this is always the danger of these tit-for-tat, who slept with whom firebombs.  Why not just stipulate beforehand that Drumpf, Ghouliani and Bill Clinton acted as if the 80's and 90's were FuckFest Decades and be done with it.  I can only marvel at how MSNBC would allow its shows to morph into one big Jerry Springer tribute.  Is this what this race has come down to?  What happened to taking the high road and refusing to wallow in the mud and sticking to the issues that matter most to voters?

I swear, everything Drumpf and his surrogates touch turns to shit, and that includes our national discourse and, of course, the role of the media as the Fourth Estate.

That "13 year old" thing seems like it could easily backfire on Democrats if anyone floated it. But I don't know why there hasn't been anything about Ivana's divorce deposition accusing him of the same thing. Henry Hurt in "The Lost Tycoon" quoted from it at length--Trump couldn't sue because it was a legal doc, but he got them to include a pasted in frontpiece of Ivana delicately recanting, kind of. 

I'm surprised they rarely show his interview with Chris M in the 1990s where he defended Bill/Monica and thought the impeachment was stupid. He joked with Chris, "If I ever ran for president, can you imagine what I'd look like?" As in, so many skeletons.

I've liked the attention MSNBC is giving Alicia Machado and the awful things he said to her, as her boss, no less. She could have, should have, sued for creating a hostile workplace, but people know they don't have the resources to take him on. Too bad I think this story will be gone in another day, just like everything else. (I did just see a new Clinton ad playing on MSNBC with girls and teens listening to some of the things Trump has said about women and the tag line questioning if he was a role model for young people. Pretty rough, but effective.)

• Love 6

The only thing so far that has been confusing was in Machado's interview with Natalie from the Today Show, she says she had no idea Hillary would be talking about her, but the Clinton campaign had a film prepared and launched within hours, so I tend to think she knew ahead of time.

I liked Chelsea's response to someone asking her about Trump bringing up Hillary's treatment of Bill's women--she said that she could not remember a time in her life that her family was not under attack by someone so that would just be more of the same.   Sounds like she's tough like her mother.

• Love 11

I was watching Rachel Maddow last night and couldn't stop laughing at how she mocked Drumphf from the debate-specifically his "UGH" when Hillary started talking about the African American/Latino communities.  Though I would add, that instead of sticking to the "strange" and "weird" things happen in debates, she would have called him out for the racist that he was.

• Love 3

Ok, Matthews scores again.   In his town hall, Gary Johnson could not name one current living international leader he admires.   Originally he tried for Peres but Chris said it had to be living so whomp whomp--finally Weld had to help him with Vicente Fox.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, car54 said:

Ok, Matthews scores again.   In his town hall, Gary Johnson could not name one current living international leader he admires.   Originally he tried for Peres but Chris said it had to be living so whomp whomp--finally Weld had to help him with Vicente Fox.

I just saw a clip of this. The funniest part was that Weld was yelling the names of multiple Mexican presidents at Johnson more in a "What the hell did I sign up for?" mood than a helpful one.

• Love 4

I usually love Lawrence, mostly his uncompromising rage at even the idea of Drumpf, but I really wish LOD would just stop with the Glenn Beck appearances.  Just.  Stop.  Glenn Beck is right out there with Breitbart and Stormfront.  He's as racist as they are.  By having Beck on his show, LOD "legitimizes" Beck for the mainstream.  That is just horrible.  

• Love 16

I believe it was Weld who said Peres and Chris said, someone who's alive.  Which made me think, you're an idiot too.  Did you not know that he died a day before and also that he wasn't in power for many years before?

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, stormy said:

I believe it was Weld who said Peres and Chris said, someone who's alive.  Which made me think, you're an idiot too.  Did you not know that he died a day before and also that he wasn't in power for many years before?

I suspect Weld just spouted off the first foreign leader who came to mind, especially because Peres is probably the most recent name in the news.  Weld's a very smart guy and I do believe if CM had directed the question at him instead of Gary Johnson, he would not have whiffed on it.  Like I might have said Golda Meir because she even though she came to power when I was in junior high and she's been dead for many years, her ascension at that time was considered a huge milestone for women that still resonates with me today.

• Love 6

Sometimes I like Chris Matthews and sometimes I could throw things at the TV when he's on, but he does have a way of getting his guests to say things they probably later regret.  Like the abortion thing with Trump, and now the foreign leaders thing with Johnson.  It wasn't a gotcha question.  It does show how unprepared he is to be president.  Weld is a very smart, well traveled guy and if he were at the top of the ticket, the libertarian party might get more traction this year. As it is now, I think they will disappear from contention soon.  I didn't think the Aleppo moment was all that bad, but not being able to name another leader in the world is really telling.  And his demeanor in the town hall was kind of crazy.  He was almost channeling Trump with some of his answers.  Saying Hillary is trigger happy was the same kind of exaggeration that Trump likes to use.  I think he did himself no favors in the town hall.  Hopefully the young people in the audience finally realize that the libertarian party is really not their friend.

• Love 9

Argh, why did they bring in stiff-assed idiot BriWi for the Hoboken coverage?

And he just went on a long winding rhetorical bloviation about terror, only to admit that there is are no indications of terror.

I frickin' hate this exploitive douchecanoe.

Prayers for Hoboken, I love that place. ♥

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, 33kaitykaity said:

I usually love Lawrence, mostly his uncompromising rage at even the idea of Drumpf, but I really wish LOD would just stop with the Glenn Beck appearances.  Just.  Stop.  Glenn Beck is right out there with Breitbart and Stormfront.  He's as racist as they are.  By having Beck on his show, LOD "legitimizes" Beck for the mainstream.  That is just horrible.  

So much WORD to this!  I loved the first 15 minutes of last night's show, where LOD talked about how the Drumpf tator tots wanted to blame Lottie, Dotty and everybody for their father's piss-poor debate performance.  The moment the words, "Glenn Beck" were out of LOD's mouth, I grabbed the remote and shut the television off.  Beck is partly responsible for the over-the-top vitriol directed at President Obama early on in his presidency.

This deranged individual should be referred to a mental health professional--not being given a platform on television in which to spout his mad ramblings and conspiracies.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, SierraMist said:

As it is now, I think they will disappear from contention soon

I feel pretty confident Chris Matthews had that planned--he is really good at pinning someone down --in addition to the Trump/abortion thing, he also is the one who pushed the Birther thing recently to such a point with Guiliani and other surrogates that Trump had to make a statement, and he also was  the one who really pushed Bernie in that Chicago town hall on how he was going to actually get some of his initiatives executed...and Bernie really had no answer other than he expected "the people" to come stand outside of Congretional windows to let them know they wanted it.

I'm hoping this most recent Johnson gaffe will push them out of people's minds--and voters will realize he's not ready to be President.    There was a rumor about a week ago that Weld wanted to drop out so they didn't Nader Hillary but then they put out a statement that it was not true- Johnson got all huffy about it and that made me wonder if there was a little truth to it.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, car54 said:

I feel pretty confident Chris Matthews had that planned--he is really good at pinning someone down --in addition to the Trump/abortion thing, he also is the one who pushed the Birther thing recently to such a point with Guiliani and other surrogates that Trump had to make a statement, and he also was  the one who really pushed Bernie in that Chicago town hall on how he was going to actually get some of his initiatives executed...and Bernie really had no answer other than he expected "the people" to come stand outside of Congretional windows to let them know they wanted it.

My problem with CM is almost never his base of knowledge, his choice of questions, or whatever perceived bias he has (and he worked for Tip O'Neill); it's virtually exclusively his inability to let people answer the questions he's asked without interrupting.  I used to watch him back in the 90s as a frequent guest on C-span (which also often included Kellyanne Fitzpatrick now Conway) and he wasn't hard to listen to at all--but then, he wasn't the host.  You'd think being a panelist on Brian Lamb's show would have taught him something about how to run a talk panel, but sadly, no.

Edited by cattykit
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SierraMist said:

Sometimes I like Chris Matthews and sometimes I could throw things at the TV when he's on, but he does have a way of getting his guests to say things they probably later regret.  Like the abortion thing with Trump, and now the foreign leaders thing with Johnson.  It wasn't a gotcha question.  It does show how unprepared he is to be president.  Weld is a very smart, well traveled guy and if he were at the top of the ticket, the libertarian party might get more traction this year. As it is now, I think they will disappear from contention soon.  I didn't think the Aleppo moment was all that bad, but not being able to name another leader in the world is really telling.  And his demeanor in the town hall was kind of crazy.  He was almost channeling Trump with some of his answers.  Saying Hillary is trigger happy was the same kind of exaggeration that Trump likes to use.  I think he did himself no favors in the town hall.  Hopefully the young people in the audience finally realize that the libertarian party is really not their friend.

That's me, too. Sometimes I really can't stand him--barely could stand to watch yesterday as he gave Johnson softball after softball to get Libertarians to appeal to Millennials.

But then...that question!  It was the opposite of a "gotcha", especially for someone running for president. Even Trump could have answered it (after eliminating "Putin" and "Kim Jung Un" before speaking) And Matthews babbled on pleasantly about what the question meant, listing the continents of the world (lol), stalling for time for Gary to think. And... he couldn't.   It was pathetic.

Weld, of course, mentioned Peres because he's fresh in mind in the news and a worthy choice, though not living. At least it filled the air time, giving Gary more time. Too bad all the time in the world wouldn't help.   I did laugh at the way Chris said, "Which one?" when Gary finally said, "I liked that previous Mexican president".  Weld was helpful with "Fox" but I don't think Gary could have said one reason WHY he chose him (Chris wasn't mean enough to ask.

Weld is such a superior candidate. I feel very grateful he's not in the presidential spot. (And I hope Carl Bernstein is right that he's considering dropping out and campaigning for Hillary. Did Chris ask him about that?) 

• Love 2

Once again, if Gary Johnson wants pot legalized he's shooting that argument in the foot every time he's on camera. He's worried about Hillary's trigger finger and I'm terrified he'll be too damn stoned should nuclear war be in question. He is way, way out of it and that's an understatement. 

He shouldn't be on the ticket at all, forget reversing the ticket.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Once again, if Gary Johnson wants pot legalized he's shooting that argument in the foot every time he's on camera. He's worried about Hillary's trigger finger and I'm terrified he'll be too damn stoned should nuclear war be in question. He is way, way out of it and that's an understatement. 

He shouldn't be on the ticket at all, forget reversing the ticket.

He's sure not a good poster boy for the benefits of legalization. I can't remember if it was Rachel or Chris H. who showed the interview of Johnson in front of an audience--maybe a small college? they seemed young. And after making weird faces while answering the question, he started gyrating around weirdly in his seat. Maybe its withdrawal, but he always looks sort of unhinged, so when he starts acting weirdly and laughing about it....you don't really want his finger near the button.

I might actually watch Hardball today. I'm kind of curious what Chris thinks now, as he seemed pretty positive about the Llbertarian choice beforehand and even through much of the interview.

• Love 2

Loved Rachel's list of newspapers that have endorsed Trump (zero to date).  And that Chris Matthews question about foreign leaders would have rattled me, also, mainly because he kept shouting while waiting for a reply to his question. 

But today's follow-up is that the Detroit News, one of the two major papers in Detroit, has endorsed Johnson today, previously having only endorsed Republican candidates.  This is exactly what Obama and everyone is talking about in terms of trouble -- endorsing or voting for Johnson instead of the Democratic candidate is not a vote against Trump, it is a vote against Clinton.  And it helps Trump. 

• Love 6
On 9/28/2016 at 10:32 AM, potatoradio said:

I love it when Rachel Maddow gets her crew to crack up. Last night, she talked about getting kicked out of Catholic "class" because she wore a "Jesus is Coming...Look Busy" t-shirt and someone backstage burst out laughing.

I also got kicked out of catholic "class" when I was a kid.  I got tripped up on the going to confession issue.  The priest told us god knows everything and we needed to confess our sins to a priest so he could tell god and god would tell him what to do about it.  I asked the priest if god knows everything why do I need to tell him, god already knows so I really don't need to tell him anything.  Why should I tell him all my secrets.  I was promptly sent to the office and phone calls were made.  I wasn't trying to be "fresh" with the priest, my 10 year old self could not understand why god needed a middleman.  After that incident my Grampie offered to take me to class every week.  Instead of taking me to class we went for ice cream.  He was proud of me for asking questions and told me to "keep being smart."  He was a rebel too.

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, jjj said:

Loved Rachel's list of newspapers that have endorsed Trump (zero to date).  And that Chris Matthews question about foreign leaders would have rattled me, also, mainly because he kept shouting while waiting for a reply to his question. 

But today's follow-up is that the Detroit News, one of the two major papers in Detroit, has endorsed Johnson today, previously having only endorsed Republican candidates.  This is exactly what Obama and everyone is talking about in terms of trouble -- endorsing or voting for Johnson instead of the Democratic candidate is not a vote against Trump, it is a vote against Clinton.  And it helps Trump. 

I understand that the Arizona Republic has received death threats for its decision to endorse Secretary Clinton.  Plus, they have been getting a lot of subscription cancellations, which is typically the risk a newspaper runs.  However, the director of editorial page, Phil Boas, stands by his decision and said that it should not come as a shock.  He cited Drumpf's making fun of disabled people as well as rolling back press freedoms.  However, he did say that the paper might have chosen a Republican if the nominee had been someone else.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I understand that the Arizona Republic has received death threats for its decision to endorse Secretary Clinton.  Plus, they have been getting a lot of subscription cancellations, which is typically the risk a newspaper runs.  However, the director of editorial page, Phil Boas, stands by his decision and said that it should not come as a shock.  However, he did say that the paper might have chosen a Republican if the nominee had been someone else.

Nicole Carroll, the editor of the Arizona Republic,  was interviewed on NPR this morning -- and was forthright about the local disdain for the newspaper's decision to endorse Clinton, was sure they would lose subscribers, but also said they had picked up a few subscribers because of the endorsement. 

One thing Rachel did not say, but Ms. Carroll said on NPR today, is that the original name of the newspaper was the Arizona Republican, later changed -- and that was a signal of its partisan roots.

• Love 3

After watching this guy Miller who is a Trump surrogate on MTP just now, I'm glad Hillary has a robust mental health program in her agenda because these people are going to need medication if she's elected.    Chuck Todd was using his "gentle" voice as if he was dealing with a disturbed person.   That guy was worse than Boris or Katrina.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, car54 said:

After watching this guy Miller who is a Trump surrogate on MTP just now, I'm glad Hillary has a robust mental health program in her agenda because these people are going to need medication if she's elected.    Chuck Todd was using his "gentle" voice as if he was dealing with a disturbed person.   That guy was worse than Boris or Katrina.

Thanks, I will watch this when it is online.  Like you post except the word "if".  But yes, "if". 

Wow, just put MTP on -- I had no idea so many states have *in-person* voting this early.  Mail ballots, I know are early, and happening already.  Does Nicolle Wallace ever sleep?  She is on at night, on Morning Joe, on MTP...many days. Yes, Joy Reid is on e MTP panel!

Edited by jjj
  • Love 4

They have to quit with the surrogates. I don't know which nitwit CT just tried to pin down (Jason something?) but, the kool-aid, it is strong.

Trump won the debate, Lester didn't do such a good job (Hillary got easier questions), the polls that night were a landslide for Trump, the polls now prove he won and the sky is green and the clouds are striped.

Chuck was open-mouthed wide-eyed stunned but called him out on everything, but the sky remained green.

• Love 13