Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I'm tempted to find some Philly fanfic to help miamama get through her illness. Yes, that's it. To be helpful. 

I'm all BETTER! It was just a wee cold and I took a flake off day from work. PLEASE do NOT send me Philly fanfic. (Would it be like garlic?) Though Philly was fanfic, right? JFP was Phyllis in the fantasy? Ew. Why did I type that?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, miamama said:

I'm all BETTER! It was just a wee cold and I took a flake off day from work. PLEASE do NOT send me Philly fanfic. (Would it be like garlic?) Though Philly was fanfic, right? JFP was Phyllis in the fantasy? Ew. Why did I type that?

I could send you a link for a music video.

Gah

• Love 2

I never did fanfic or read it but I liked when tv communities online were bumping for my shows when I shipped couples (One Tree Hill mostly, I also love ❤️ The OC to this day it's in my top 5, and way back when Dawson's Creek and Buffy). The OC and OTH was some good fucking soap, they did not play. Degrassi: the next generation was good too in the Craig, Emma, Spinner, Palex eras. 

Now the soaps left can't even get their shit together for me to stan a character or ship. But I remember the days of throwing stuff at my screen or waiting weeks and months.... reading into each conversation and actors glances then blabbing about it online. Then when they finally kiss, screaming. It was so fun. It was like life. Sometimes the best part of a romance is also the same longing or confusion and anticipation. Or a rejection, then surprise later by that person or a new possibility from your friend zone you never saw in that light. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party 

Television has moved into Sureality.

Actually Martha has longstanding friendships with several rap and hip-hop artists including Snoop. This new venture would probably seem bizarre to those who weren't aware of that. I think she's probably one of the few women like herself who could pull this off without looking like they're slumming or desperate to hold onto some cultural relevance.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Why not? Our government has.

Careful there, Peaches. That statement could be rabbit-worthy.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Actually Martha has longstanding friendships with several rap and hip-hop artists including Snoop. This new venture would probably seem bizarre to those who weren't aware of that. I think she's probably one of the few women like herself who could pull this off without looking like they're slumming or desperate to hold onto some cultural relevance.

I wasn't speaking to what might be considered an offbeat association between MS and Snoop, or their guests. I was commenting to the peculiar atmosphere, camera angles, editing, and stilted writing -- It's hilarious.

• Love 4

just watching ONE of my favourite movies again...it is called "enough" starring JLo....

can't tell you how many times i have sen this show, but when it's on, i watch it.  many say that jlo is a terrible actress but in this role, for this movie, she is PERFECT.

• Love 4

One last quick post about the pumpkin cookies--I said to bake them on an ungreased cookie sheet.  My cookie sheets happen to be nonstick; if you have some other type of cookie sheet you might need to grease them.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Tippi said:

One last quick post about the pumpkin cookies--I said to bake them on an ungreased cookie sheet.  My cookie sheets happen to be nonstick; if you have some other type of cookie sheet you might need to grease them.

using parchment paper works well too.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I never did fanfic or read it but I liked when tv communities online were bumping for my shows when I shipped couples (One Tree Hill mostly, I also love ❤️ The OC to this day it's in my top 5, and way back when Dawson's Creek and Buffy). The OC and OTH was some good fucking soap, they did not play. Degrassi: the next generation was good too in the Craig, Emma, Spinner, Palex eras. 

Now the soaps left can't even get their shit together for me to stan a character or ship. But I remember the days of throwing stuff at my screen or waiting weeks and months.... reading into each conversation and actors glances then blabbing about it online. Then when they finally kiss, screaming. It was so fun. It was like life. Sometimes the best part of a romance is also the same longing or confusion and anticipation. Or a rejection, then surprise later by that person or a new possibility from your friend zone you never saw in that light. 

Oh, man! I loved Buffy, LOVED! Same with One Tree Hill, The OC (I'm so a Ryan girl), watched Dawson's Creek but wasn't a huge shipper. I also liked Roswell and Felicity. And Angel! I was a big shipper back in the day and thus wrote fanfic, haha. Mostly smut, actually. Don't judge me :P And angst, I was big on angst.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

You should watch it after smoking a bowl, my husband came in from the garage to see why I was laughing hysterically.

I'm a runner. Smoking is a drag on your stamina.

I was on my second vodka gimlet though, and couldn't stop laughing.

• Love 5

So I watched Hopital Veterinaire this evening which is the same French veterinary show that filmed Steve's surgery over a year ago. This time they were examining a sloth. He was adorable!

Anyway, I digress. I was looking through their website and Steve has his own bio page!

http://hopitalveterinaire.tv5.ca/animal/113

The video of the episode is no longer up, but if you're so inclined, you can see a brief promo here. The episode also featured a sick cat and a horse with a lame leg.  http://hopitalveterinaire.tv5.ca/episode/39

• Love 8
On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 11:28 AM, peacheslatour said:

You should watch it after smoking a bowl, my husband came in from the garage to see why I was laughing hysterically.

On a related tangent, despite growing up in California, I had to look up a YouTube video about to use a bowl after it became legal last week, cuz I'm a nerd ?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

On a related tangent, despite growing up in California, I had to look up a YouTube video about to use a bowl after it became legal last week, cuz I'm a nerd ?

I'm with you.  

While I'm glad it's legal I'm not a fan.  The last time I had any was 1984 when I ate a brownie and then spent 4 hours folding  the same 4 towels while on a weekend getaway up at the Russian River......

• Love 11

Mind you, I had a med card ahead of this, but mostly stuck with the cannabinoid  (CBD) products that relax nerves from anxiety and such without giving you the stoned feeling of the THC most are familiar with. I wish there were a test which would tell the difference between the two chemicals.

• Love 3

@Gam2 It's a metal pipe for smoking marijuana. People like it if they don't want to roll or do a joint or bong or edibles 

I'm w you @boes not my thing but do like a drink or 2 to unwind and a few more on holidays or parties. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 8

i just saw the most heart breaking video posted to facebook.

it is of an autistic 6 yr old boy who was about to deliver his line in the thanksgiving play, it was "gobble gobble".  as he stepped up to the microphone, a teacher (his) stepped up and took the mic away.  as she did so, you can plainly see the smirk on her face..apparently, the official word is that the boy didn't have a permission slip signed by his parents allowing him to be in the play.  yet, he was there, dressed and nothing happened until the end..personally, i have never heard of a permission slip being needed for a school play...the poor boy was brought to tears by the teachers actions..no repercussions to teacher cause she said "sorry" and the school is backing her.  it was in west virginia...

i have an autistic grandson....when he was in elementary school, he participated in the school plays, talent shows etc.... he was even allowed to close out the talent show and they let him sing the whole song instead of the normal 2 min... i can't imagine what my daughter and son in law would have done had the same thing been done to logan... 

but oh well, i guess things like what happened to that little boy won't be the last we hear about.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

i just saw the most heart breaking video posted to facebook.

it is of an autistic 6 yr old boy who was about to deliver his line in the thanksgiving play, it was "gobble gobble".  as he stepped up to the microphone, a teacher (his) stepped up and took the mic away.  as she did so, you can plainly see the smirk on her face..apparently, the official word is that the boy didn't have a permission slip signed by his parents allowing him to be in the play.  yet, he was there, dressed and nothing happened until the end..personally, i have never heard of a permission slip being needed for a school play...the poor boy was brought to tears by the teachers actions..no repercussions to teacher cause she said "sorry" and the school is backing her.  it was in west virginia...

i have an autistic grandson....when he was in elementary school, he participated in the school plays, talent shows etc.... he was even allowed to close out the talent show and they let him sing the whole song instead of the normal 2 min... i can't imagine what my daughter and son in law would have done had the same thing been done to logan... 

but oh well, i guess things like what happened to that little boy won't be the last we hear about.

The number of assholes in the world, and their awfulness, continues to horrify me.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

? that's so crazy and exciting. He looks a lot healthier and happier in the recent pics vs the pic on his profile for the show. He's lucky to have such a good mama 

Aww, thanks! They even had to insert a catheter during surgery. And then had to pluck out all the surrounding feathers to make sure there was no chance of infection. Steve was so traumatized the first few weeks he was home. Especially the first day, all he did was shake and sleep.

IMG_20150205_080108 (4).jpg

• Love 6
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

I wish but no. They say males are capable of speech but I've yet to meet one who talks.

LOL  on my facebook feed, i sometimes get funny animal videos from some of my "friends".

one of them was hilarious as it was a cockatiel swearing a blue streak.  he was really mad and ranting about something...you could hear his owner laughing in the background.

• Love 8

last year my son in law was so frustrated that logan was still being bullied by the same boy over and over that he told the principal that if they didn't do something about it and soon, if he had to come back to the school cause it continued, he would be accompanied by a camera crew from a couple of tv stations and they could all be on the evening news.  the bullying stopped. 

• Love 8

all they used to say to troy was that they had spoken to the boy and he said he was sorry and it was left at that.  my son in law and daughter  even asked the school if they would ask the boy's parents to come to a meeting in his office to discuss the bullying and the parents declined...they really didn't think it was all that serious and their son was a good boy...then it happened again and that's when troy said he'd bring the camera crews.

the bullying had started when logan was in grade 4 just got worse and worse..seeing as how logan is autistic, the boy seemed to know what triggered "a meltdown" and used to do it all the time. he thought it was funny (as did his friends) to see they could make him cry and continued to high school......the last straw for troy and teri was when logan (grade 9) told them that he wanted to hit the boy and put him on the ground. logan has been taking martial arts since grade 5..logan had never threatened violence before, he is the sweetest gentlest person and it was frightening to hear him express his feelings that way....logan is now just about 6 ft. tall and towers over the other boy who is still short.  probably has a good 50 lbs on him too.

Edited by valleycliffe
added to post
  • Love 6

Haha, Cockatoos are my favourite type of bird but they're extremely loud. My absolute favourite is the Umbrella Cockatoo. They're such characters though and they seem to love me. I haven't met one yet who didn't like me and try to impress me by talking or twirling for me.

Amazons on the other hand always want to bite and hurt me. They're super excitable and very unpredictable.

The calmest and quietest parrots are the African Greys.

The thing about big birds though, is while I adore them, I can't picture myself getting a pet that has the potential to out-live me. It just wouldn't be fair to them. In that instance, I feel they should be in the wild.

Budgies and smaller birds on the other hand I have no issues with people keeping them as pets.

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 2

Facebook and Twitter videos will fuck you up. There's accounts on there that just only post disturbing shit. A big trend is posting footage of fights, ass beatings, or people acting foolish like high or unmedicated. One video that seriously has me upset to this day, and I've never heard about this until I googled it later, it was posted without context just there and holy shit. A woman had a v young baby and she was spinning it by it arms like a rag and dunking it in a bucket of cold water while the newborn screamed and cried. It went on for over 6 minutes at the end the baby just went silent like it just gave up, like it knew there was no one listening w/ mercy. It was so haunting and filled me w rage. 

I guess it's something called "baby yoga" and it's disgusting abuse in my eyes at least this ghastly video I saw of a newborn spun and dragged roughly and dunked in cold water hard for over 6 minutes. 

• Love 5