Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

Ugh I fucking love you @Snaporaz since forever. 

One thing I’m looking forward tomorrow is brussel sprouts. That is my favorite food. Does anyone else have a weird favorite food or eating fetish? I literally pig out in a cringe manner on brussel sprouts cooked any way. I don’t like cabbage either so super weird I’m a dork my entire life on them and now a strange way as a vegan. Btw fried brussel sprouts w balsamic or roasted is redic.

my present is George every day he is an absolute angel and humbling.  He is worth 20 of me. So so smart and sweet. He’s visited off the cuff a few nursing homes and was a hit.  And been such a rock for me. 

Thank you @jpagan05.❤️💞

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

One thing I’m looking forward tomorrow is brussel sprouts. That is my favorite food. Does anyone else have a weird favorite food or eating fetish? I literally pig out in a cringe manner on brussel sprouts cooked any way. I don’t like cabbage either so super weird I’m a dork my entire life on them and now a strange way as a vegan. Btw fried brussel sprouts w balsamic or roasted is redic.

You need to try some frizzled brussel sprouts. BTW, I do love brussel sprouts, and also don't like cooked cabbage (or sauerkraut, ew!).  But I cannot say that brussel sprouts would even be on the top ten of my fave foods to eat 😁

Here's a recipe for frizzled.  frizzled brussel sprouts

Happy Birthday, my friend!

happy birthday television GIF

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Tomorrow is my birthday (do people even celebrate or acknowledge birthdays past 30?) and the day after is the preliminary hearing grand hearing for my car jacker. So hoping for some good luck this week. Also I think I’m going to start looking for something else as my day job instead of my car sales gig. I sold 2 cars already and aced all my certifications easily but it’s quite a boys club there and my nerves from what happened lately give me a vibe to move on. Today was Labor Day and had different hours and no one, not the sales manager or any coworkers said it was different. I even asked about it to one senior sales guy (“do we get holiday pay? When is it open?”) and he didn’t tell me. I showed up super late and missed the customer rush and sales and now have to make up those hours on another day to get my base, which isn’t always easy when you have a second job and ill parent and dog. 

I also talked to someone at my grocery job I quit. They still haven’t replaced me and the guy I worked who made me haul his freight w mine and manager who marginalized me are now doing my ordering and freight plus their own jobs. I’m sure 7 pallets of 56 boxes of alcohol are super easy to do in shift along w helping customers and ordering. giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89774563fd752199eec33

Happy Birthday, my friend.  We're here for you in every way we can, good and bad.  And celebrating your birthday in any and every way that makes you feel good is top of the list.

Love to you and George.

• Love 11

@Petunia13 I make a shaved brussels sprouts salad every year for Thanksgiving that I love:

1 LB(ish) brussels sprouts

1 cup chopped walnut toasted

1 tart apple (I like Granny Smith) chopped

1/2 grated parm or pecorino cheese (maybe sub nutritional yeast or omit for vegan)

Dressing:

1 lemon, zest and juice

1 Tablespoon dijon mustard

1 clove garlic minced or grated

1 small shallot minced or grated

1/4 olive oil

S&P

I shave the brussels on the mandolin, but you can buy them already shaved or use a very sharp knife. Mix and add dressing. Let sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.❤️

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, jpagan05 said:

@Petunia13 I make a shaved brussels sprouts salad every year for Thanksgiving that I love:

1 LB(ish) brussels sprouts

1 cup chopped walnut toasted

1 tart apple (I like Granny Smith) chopped

1/2 grated parm or pecorino cheese (maybe sub nutritional yeast or omit for vegan)

Dressing:

1 lemon, zest and juice

1 Tablespoon dijon mustard

1 clove garlic minced or grated

1 small shallot minced or grated

1/4 olive oil

S&P

I shave the brussels on the mandolin, but you can buy them already shaved or use a very sharp knife. Mix and add dressing. Let sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.❤️

This sounds really good. How do you do the apples? Finely chopped or kind of chunky?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

800.jpeg

• The First Fatal Car Crash -- Mary Ward, a naturalist and astronomer, decided to go for a ride in her cousin’s homemade automobile.

AAGz5cU.img?h=541&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

• Fake-branded bullion: the gold market's secret -- A forgery crisis is quietly roiling the world's gold industry, with gold bars fraudulently stamped with the logos of major refineries being inserted into the global market to launder smuggled or illegal gold.

FOOD FIGHT!

Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, along with Jason Bonham, playing Stairway to Heaven as a tribute for Led Zeppelin on Dec. 2, 2012 at Kennedy Center. Shane Fontayne is the guitar soloist (Father professional guitarist Shane Fontayne and mother Mackenzie Phillips).

• Love 5

Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, along with Jason Bonham, playing Stairway to Heaven as a tribute for Led Zeppelin on Dec. 2, 2012 at Kennedy Center. Shane Fontayne is the guitar soloist (Father professional guitarist Shane Fontayne and mother Mackenzie Phillips).

OMG. Thank you, Cupid. I'm sobbing.

• Love 5

Happy Birthday Petunia!  Have a kick ass time and indulge yourself.

Just so happens we're having Brussels sprouts/roasted garlic tonight with mashed sweet potatoes.  Coincidence?  You decide.  

Definitely going to try those recipes.  We love them.  Anybody ever tried pickling them?  I bet they'd be good.  I like pickled cabbage (Mamaw used to make it) and saurkraut.  I do a sauted cabbage, onion, carrot with mashed potatoes in the cold months.  Good eatin'.

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day!

eta hours later....Koreans do this all the time.  Kimchi!

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

?m=02&d=20190904&t=2&i=1425989976&w=780&

Hurricane Dorian is shown from the International Space Station as it churns in the northwestern Caribbean near the United States mainland, September 2, 2019. Christina Koch/NASA/Handout via REUTERS

lead_720_405.jpg?mod=1566594862

eseankimbackyard.0.jpg

What Makes This Song Great? Ep.36 YES with Rick Beato

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

5d70dec151760.image.png

• Welcome to San Diego. Don't Mind the Scooters. -- “My constituents hate them pretty universally,” said Barbara Bry, a San Diego City Council member. She called for a moratorium on the scooters when they arrived, saying they clogged sidewalks and were a danger to pedestrians.

boat-fire-31.jpg

•  And why we love Lizzo -- For the same reasons most people do. She's funny, talented, and singing the gospel of #relatability. 

Waffles and Hemingway Need a Home -- A miniature horse is up for adoption in Pennsylvania – but if you want the horse, you have to adopt his best friend, too. Waffles is a six-year-old miniature horse, and his best friend is a goose named Hemingway.

Waffles is described as being small, but with a huge personality. He loves the typical “horse things” like grass and carrots, but there is nothing he loves more than Hemingway.

Linda Reider with the Bucks County SPCA said Waffles and Hemingway are a package deal. “If you want to adopt Waffles, you have to adopt Hemingway. And if you want to adopt Hemingway, you have to adopt Waffles,” Reider told WFMZ.

The friends go way, way back – they were both taken from the same farm, where “the conditions were not good,” as Reider described it. Even when Waffles was sick, Hemingway wouldn’t leave his side.

“When we go to give medicines or injections [to Waffles], Hemingway would get in between us and say, ‘I’m sorry, that’s my buddy the horse, he doesn’t want a shot today,'” Reider told WFMZ.

If you are interested in adopting this adorable pair, please visit the Bucks County SPCA’s website. If you aren’t able to adopt Waffles and Hemingway or are looking for a pet of another kind, please consider adopting another animal from the Bucks County SPCA or from your local animal shelter.

• Love 7

I’m going to quit my dealership job. I still have my serving job and will get another one. 

Even though I’ve sold 3 cars and aced my tests the managers and other salesmen are douchebags and they’re flooding the sales floor. The managers didn’t tell me the Labor Day hours were different and one yelled at me and belilittled me for asking a stupid question in front of the customer this morning (and then she got upset with him and walked out) then he yelled at me again then he was talking shit about me in earshot.  I got practically no training during my time here as well. It’s very awkward. 

• Love 8

Yeah I’ll probably have to take a second serving job just in the meantime for 💰  till I figure things out. I don’t get why they know I’m new and have no car sales experience but this guy and the sales guys won’t help me or explain stuff and if I ask belittle me. Like why did they waste my time hiring me? And now I’m at work it’s awkward AF. I’m kinda pissed off. I went outside after he yelled at me and was shaking I think I have a lot of nerves from the incident w that man who car jacked me and problems dealing with confrontation now. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Yeah I’ll probably have to take a second serving job just in the meantime for 💰  till I figure things out. I don’t get why they know I’m new and have no car sales experience but this guy and the sales guys won’t help me or explain stuff and if I ask belittle me. Like why did they waste my time hiring me? And now I’m at work it’s awkward AF. I’m kinda pissed off. I went outside after he yelled at me and was shaking I think I have a lot of nerves from the incident w that man who car jacked me and problems dealing with confrontation now. 

Fuck that shit. Life is too short. Those guys were probably threatened by you. Who needs that? Good for you for walking out, they didn't deserve to have you there.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I’m going to quit my dealership job. I still have my serving job and will get another one. 

Even though I’ve sold 3 cars and aced my tests the managers and other salesmen are douchebags and they’re flooding the sales floor. The managers didn’t tell me the Labor Day hours were different and one yelled at me and belilittled me for asking a stupid question in front of the customer this morning (and then she got upset with him and walked out) then he yelled at me again then he was talking shit about me in earshot.  I got practically no training during my time here as well. It’s very awkward. 

Car sales boiler rooms are the worst.

To hell with them. Make sure you walk out with a clean recommendation from HR or they're sure to ruin your chances if you use them in your job history.

They're driving you out of the dealership. Attacking you in front of a customer is threat tactic to continue screwing with your sales/commission making it impossible for you to afford to stay and tough it out.

Your boss hates you. What do you do?

39 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Fuck that shit. Life is too short. Those guys were probably threatened by you. Who needs that? Good for you for walking out, they didn't deserve to have you there.

Exactly.

Keep on keepin' on, Petunia.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 10

GettyImages_1172293084.7.jpg

An aerial view of damage caused by Hurricane Dorian is seen in Marsh Harbour on Great Abaco Island on September 4, 2019 in Great Abaco, Bahamas. Scott Olson/Getty Images)

You can help:

Edited by Cupid Stunt
19 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Thanks for posting this information.

• Love 7

Good on you Petunia13!  Fuck 'em.  They don't deserve you.  You will go on to better things.  Life's too short to put up with assholes.  I quit a job at a greenhouse/nursery that I loved.  I took a break between closing in Springfield and re-opening where I'm at now.  A guy hubby and I knew thru his work for a long time owned it and offered me a job.  I love plants and gardening so hell yes.  The manager was a doll.  One of the sweetest women you ever want to meet married to a total asshole 25 yrs older.  He would drive thru the place everyday at odd times to check on her.  Accused her of having affairs, etc.  You get my drift.  Owner sold the place to the manager so her husband de facto became my boss.  I made the mistake of saying Rush Limbaugh was an idiot one day and he said  "You must be one of those damn liberals!" and made my job miserable. I quit.  Still kind of irks me cause part of me feels like he won but I wasn't gonna put up with his shit.

Never feel bad about standing up for yourself. 

To thine own self be true.

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 13
On 9/3/2019 at 10:40 AM, peacheslatour said:

This sounds really good. How do you do the apples? Finely chopped or kind of chunky?

I do them finely chopped so it's more like the essence of apple but you could leave it chunky. Same with the walnuts. I do a small chop but they could be left bigger too.

On 9/3/2019 at 1:37 PM, OhioSongbird said:

Happy Birthday Petunia!  Have a kick ass time and indulge yourself.

Just so happens we're having Brussels sprouts/roasted garlic tonight with mashed sweet potatoes.  Coincidence?  You decide.  

Definitely going to try those recipes.  We love them.  Anybody ever tried pickling them?  I bet they'd be good.  I like pickled cabbage (Mamaw used to make it) and saurkraut.  I do a sauted cabbage, onion, carrot with mashed potatoes in the cold months.  Good eatin'.

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day!

eta hours later....Koreans do this all the time.  Kimchi!

I've bought them picked at TJ Maxx. They were sooo good!

• Love 7

Country Singer Kylie Rae Harris Dies at Age 30

Kylie Rae Harris died on Wednesday night (Sept. 4) in a three-vehicle crash in northern New Mexico, Billboard has confirmed. The Texas-based country singer was 30.

According to the Associated Press, another driver, a 16-year-old, was also killed while the third driver escaped injury in the evening crash on State Road 522. Harris’ passing was first reported by country news and reviews site Saving Country Music.

“We are heartbroken to confirm that Kylie Rae Harris passed away in a car accident last night,” Harris’ publicist says in a statement to Billboard. “We have no further details to share, and ask for privacy for her family at this time. Everyone that knew Kylie knew how much she loved her family and, beyond that, how much she loved music. The best tribute to her unmatched enthusiasm for both is to spread as much love as you can today, and listen to music that fully inspires you.”

Harris’ last post on social media hinted that she was low on gas. “Fuel range is 46 miles and I’m 36 from the nearest gas station. Dear baby Jesus please don’t let me get stranded in NM,” she wrote on Twitter. Following the news of her death, a GoFundMe campaign has been created for funeral relief and college funds for Harris' six-year-old daughter, Corbie.

Harris released her latest self-titled EP in March of this year. The project chronicles the lessons she’s learned throughout her life and includes songs penned with Jon Randall, Dave Berg, Bonnie Bishop and Wayne Kirkpatrick. Billboard premiered the poignant “Twenty Years From Now,” a song she penned as a prayer for her six-year-old daughter and said was the most important song she’s ever written.

“You deserve nothing less than happiness/ And so do I/ Twenty years from now/ My prayer is that somehow/ You’ll forgive all my mistakes and be proud of the choice I made/ God I hope I’m still around/ Twenty years from now,” she sings alongside soaring instrumentation and tender vocals.

She penned the song with Randall shortly after a road trip with her then two-and-a-half year old daughter, Corbie. Driving from Tulsa to Nashville after a difficult visit with her daughter’s father, Harris recounted the trip in her head. She had previously lost her father to cancer and she realized that not everyone gets the opportunity to know their parents as adults.

“It scared me thinking that it was totally possible I could be gone before my daughter reaches that point,” she told Billboard at the time. “I want to meet my kid’s kids. Getting to the age your parents were when you were a child brings a whole lot of perspective." 

Harris grew up in a small town northeast of Dallas, Texas. Family road trips often included the music of Radney Foster and Jerry Jeff Walker while Walt Wilkins and Patty Griffin were early influences. After singing in church, she wrote her first song at 14. Harris released two albums and her most recent self-titled EP in March.

Kylie Rae Harris' 'Twenty Years From Now' Offers Heartfelt Message For Her Daughter

Kyle Rae Harris has a powerful message for her young daughter on the poignant “Twenty Years From Now,” premiering exclusively on Billboard today (March 25).

Featured on her upcoming self-titled EP out March 29, the song serves as a prayer for her child. “You deserve nothing less than happiness/ And so do I/ Twenty years from now/ My prayer is that somehow/ You’ll forgive all my mistakes and be proud of the choice I made/ God I hope I’m still around/ Twenty years from now,” she sings alongside soaring instrumentation and tender vocals.

Harris lost her father to cancer months before she penned “Twenty Years From Now.” He was 54 at the time of his death, and the singer-songwriter had the realization that not everyone gets the opportunity to know their parents as adults.

“It scared me thinking that it was totally possible I could be gone before my daughter reaches that point,” she tells Billboard. “I want to meet my kid’s kids. Getting to the age your parents were when you were a child brings a whole lot of perspective." 

Harris wrote the song with Jon Randall shortly after a road trip with her two-and-a-half year old daughter, Corbie. Driving from Tulsa to Nashville after a difficult visit with her daughter’s father, Harris recounted the trip in her head.

“I held my feelings together for most of the drive, but once I saw that little baby asleep in the backseat I pulled over and bawled my eyes out. I had no clue what I was doing, but I knew that I loved her fiercely, and prayed that one day she would come to her own conclusions about everything and see that I did the best that I knew how to,” Harris explains. “Jon Randall and I wrote the song shortly after I got back home from that trip. It was a pretty emotionally brutal writing/therapy session, and we were very careful to try not to shine a negative light on anyone while still telling my truth.”

She adds, “Parents are people. People make mistakes and being a parent is hard. I’m not always going to make the right choices, but I hope that when Corbie gets older she’ll see that they were all made with love and the best of intentions."

“Twenty Years From Now” is the last track on Harris’ forthcoming EP and she says it’s the most important song she’s ever written. The project chronicles the lessons she’s learned throughout her life and includes songs penned with Randall, Dave Berg, Bonnie Bishop and Wayne Kirkpatrick. Previously, Harris provided harmonies for Radney Foster, Mike Ryan and William Clark Green on their projects. Foster, meanwhile, praises her singing style.

"Kylie Rae Harris writes and sings with the conviction and soul that stops you dead in your tracks. That pleading to tell the truth you hear in her voice is as real as it gets. You can’t help but want to hear more," he raves.

-- Annie Reuter

• Love 2

@Petunia13, I know nobody wants to think about this, but Christmas is right around the corner.  If you don't mind retail work, loads of places will be starting to hire holiday help around now.  That would give you a few months to find something more permanent.  How did the preliminary hearing go?

@AngelKitty, how is Louie?!!  Of course he's adorable, but is he an handful?

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

@Petunia13, I know nobody wants to think about this, but Christmas is right around the corner.  If you don't mind retail work, loads of places will be starting to hire holiday help around now.  That would give you a few months to find something more permanent.  How did the preliminary hearing go?

I still have my serving part time job and an interview tomorrow in a pinch i think I can get a second waitressing job. I think @Cupid Stunt was right the guys were threatened when I started making car sales and I did these online tests that took everyone a week and I finished and passed in 3 hours, they kept telling me it’d take me a month... also since it’s so weird I had no training or help ...  I suspect the dealership had to hire a woman and/or minority for a quota or to make the owner happy so they did to technically have that employee then wanted to make me leave. Cuz there were a few times besides today they acted strange AF.  At least it was a learning experience since now I’ve done practically every type of sales and good at it and pushed myself to learn more about cars and to do complicated parking in the Tetris game that was the lot. 

I’m not sure I agree w Cupid that I should stay on good terms so they give me a good reference I’ve worked there less than a month and lately all serving or sales jobs I’ve applied to had hired me on the spot in interviews. Not going to be an asshole to them or anything but I don’t think they care about me or are even motivated enough to take a call or say more than a 5 word comment if people called. 

I’m so stupid - he only had his arraignment today. So his hearing is the 18th. He’s still in jail. I’m meeting the assistant states attorney and victims coordinator tomorrow I’m nervous. I don’t want to cry in front of them. I’m also scared they are going to break bad news to me since they insisted I meet face to face and have as discussion. I think it’s a possibility he may get off with probation. And I’m sure this dude isn’t happy and shouldn’t be on the streets. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Yes, he's so tiny and runs around like a little banshee. Luckily Mr. AK is very good with them at this age. My other cat, Stella seems to like him ok but hasn't really done any direct contact yet. I'm hoping she'll get some maternal instincts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

EDnPE_bX4AEbyG9.png

B-52 Stratofortess at Roswell NM boneyard and Military Giant Cats

190811161558-heather-heyer-photo-at-memo

• Love 7
On 9/5/2019 at 10:22 PM, Petunia13 said:

I still have my serving part time job and an interview tomorrow in a pinch i think I can get a second waitressing job. I think @Cupid Stunt was right the guys were threatened when I started making car sales and I did these online tests that took everyone a week and I finished and passed in 3 hours, they kept telling me it’d take me a month... also since it’s so weird I had no training or help ...  I suspect the dealership had to hire a woman and/or minority for a quota or to make the owner happy so they did to technically have that employee then wanted to make me leave. Cuz there were a few times besides today they acted strange AF.  At least it was a learning experience since now I’ve done practically every type of sales and good at it and pushed myself to learn more about cars and to do complicated parking in the Tetris game that was the lot. 

I’m not sure I agree w Cupid that I should stay on good terms so they give me a good reference I’ve worked there less than a month and lately all serving or sales jobs I’ve applied to had hired me on the spot in interviews. Not going to be an asshole to them or anything but I don’t think they care about me or are even motivated enough to take a call or say more than a 5 word comment if people called. 

I’m so stupid - he only had his arraignment today. So his hearing is the 18th. He’s still in jail. I’m meeting the assistant states attorney and victims coordinator tomorrow I’m nervous. I don’t want to cry in front of them. I’m also scared they are going to break bad news to me since they insisted I meet face to face and have as discussion. I think it’s a possibility he may get off with probation. And I’m sure this dude isn’t happy and shouldn’t be on the streets. 

Not knowing the size or formal organization of the car dealership, my concern is for job interviews in your future -- Many companies can avail themselves of entire job histories that wouldn't necessarily be used on a resume/job application. My suggestion in getting an official recommendation or separation papers from their HR department was to protect you from future retaliation.

No matter how awful these people are, you do not want to burn any bridges that could effect your future employment. The interwebs are forever, and your colleagues could easily use social media to damage your reputation -- as employers enjoy using social media to investigate your interweb footprint. 

My handle, if you transpose the capital letters, was a nickname a former station manager gave to me. I detested the man, but the corporate politics at the time refused to reprimand or act upon his offensive behavior. When I transferred I asked HR for official separation papers, and the manager included a glowing letter of reference -- I don't know why. I thought he hated the ground I walked on. To this day, that same manager treats me like a long-loss friend and colleague. I treat him like a mildew smell coming up from the basement.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Petunia, Happy Belated Birthday!  And much sympathy from me for all you are going through.  I thought I would mention this, something I saw when I was scanning the web.  (This only applies if you live in the US. I can't remember if you are American or Canadian.)  The census bureau is starting to hire workers for the 2020 census.  The pay looks pretty decent for a short term gig.

My neck of the woods faired well through Hurricane Dorian.  Just a windy morning and some rain.  The Outer Banks and NE NC got socked.  And the Bahamas!  Just too horrible for words.

I recently happened upon that phenomenal Heart version of Stairway to Heaven when I was just surfing YouTube and letting it play on.  My husband and I were absolutely transfixed. 

Hope all are well here!  I rarely catch the show any more.  I did happen to catch a couple of minutes a week or so ago and couldn't believe my eyes.  Some kind of ridiculous gum chewing going on??? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

_108639270_abaco_dorian976getty.jpg

1133138420.jpg.0.jpg

Three Mile Island, in Middletown, Pennsylvania. -- ANDREW CABALLERO-REYNOLDS/AFP/Getty Images

InnocentVengefulHare-size_restricted.gif

• Love 9

img_tarta_de_santiago_tradicional_51858_

Tarta de Santiago

squirrel-696x392.jpg

Squirrel!

• Skyn Tight -- With the demand for condomless gay porn on the rise, studios and performers not able to go full bareback have found a “magical” solution.
  • Love 4

Tomorrow is my first day back at the eye place. While part of me is excited for more money, part of me is sad I will no longer have Mondays off and an extra day of rest. Also, last year I had 40,000 cold and flues and I'm scared this year will be the same. 

I also haven't seen my little doggie friend in the window in over a week and I've grown concerned. It is very unlike him. I hope he's okay.

• Love 8

If you see the people ever or their neighbors you could always ask. Maybe it’s as simple as they were sitting him for an extended period (and maybe that’s why he was always looking out the window?). There was a dog Chaz in my neighborhood that played with George a few times for hours and I didn’t see him for a looong time and grew concerned since his age was indeterminate (abused rescue) turned out his parents who are elderly got to the point they couldn’t walk him so their son cares for him now. He looks exactly like Benji 😍 and is still healthy but has almost forgotten me and George. There was a girl dog that played with George and was so insanely in love with him by my parents house named Prances who we didn’t see for a long time and got worried and she did indeed pass. Her owner was an elderly widower and after she went shortly after he disappeared (house for sale and dark and driveway empty). George’s best friend Macaroni lives across the street from him and Macaroni & his dog mom and I and George were going to visit him. 

• Love 8

190908060235-p-61-mountain-lion-405-exla

• Human Capital -- How technology and globalization are changing what it means to work

starbuck_off.jpg

Seen at a Burbank Starbucks, September 2018

• Gender inequality and the Supreme Court -- Tonja Jacobi and Dylan Schweers have published the results of a study they’ve done related to the role of gender in the workings of the Supreme Court. They found that female justices are interrupted much more often by male justices and advocates than male justices are. "Our empirical study examines interruptions among justices, and between the justices and the advocates, during Supreme Court oral arguments. It shows that women still do not have an equal opportunity to be heard on the highest court in the land. In fact, as more women join the court, the reaction of the male justices and the male advocates has been to increase their interruptions of the female justices."

how-do-autumn-leaves-change_full_width.j

• Useful 1
  • Love 5