Type keyword(s) to search

Basketball Wives LA - General Discussion

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

You just shut right up. I mean it. Shutthehellup. She had a good line of credit with them people and here he done ruint it. 

Tami needs a job. She done trotted him from Celebrity Wife Swap to Marriage Boot Camp to this. Something's gotta stick. Won't nobody EVAH say Tami Roman didn't work that reality tv hustle. Ol girl aint punched a real time clock since 1992. 

Hell, I'd watch for me AND my bout to head to college daughter. Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go..." I bet Shaunie momma got a real nice house and Shaunie still gets to live a nice life. 

I never had this love for Malaysia so many seem to have. She always seemed a bit too fake "keeping it real" for me. She only kept it real as long as she was running the situation. Her code switching is even off. She's fake bourgie with her jambalaya vocabulary. Don't try to be Jack and Jill if you ain't seen na'an side of the hill. Just be you.

Ratchetry aside, the BBW: Miami women* did have a leg up when it came to style and fashion. Their gear and looks were more timeless, less 5-7-9 attempts at trendy. Or in Brandi's case, Aliexpress.com.

*Who did they make fun of for the wretched kitten heels??? LOLOL I still remember that foolery.

Reserve my seat for a proverbs class. Heck, I will take out a student loan cuz the scHOoling I will acquire will multiply and pay itself off eventually.Shizz, I will even take Patricia Altschul and Luann and Kim Zolziack as adjunct professors , cuz bay bae bae bay its a resession out there.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SparkleznConfetti said:

I will even take Patricia Altschul and Luann and Kim Zolziack as adjunct professors , cuz bay bae bae bay its a resession out there.

Kim is definitely the other one I need to learn from.  She got Big Poppa to buy her actual property, in full with no mortgage, AND put it in her name!!!!  And not to mention constant furniture "updates" to the point where she needed a storage unit to house all the shit that couldn't fit and was unused, just waiting for to placed in the next house.  She needs to teach me that shit, cause that is beyond amazing.  It can be a series of master classes for a come up.

• Love 6

I couldn't figure out if that was Miles or not in the background. So I'm guessing they are back on after their scuffle and domestic altercation? Milan has been in the background in a couple other shows lately. He was also in the intro for one of this season's Big Brother contestants. I guess he's going to get on tv by hook or by crook.

Jackie's roles...Doug's face had me dying. He was working hard to keep that thing straight and serious. 

Malaysia can go on somewhere. She isn't bringing anything to the show but a sour ass attitude. Goodbye.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

I couldn't figure out if that was Miles or not in the background. So I'm guessing they are back on after their scuffle and domestic altercation? Milan has been in the background in a couple other shows lately. He was also in the intro for one of this season's Big Brother contestants. I guess he's going to get on tv by hook or by crook.

Jackie's roles...Doug's face had me dying. He was working hard to keep that thing straight and serious. 

Malaysia can go on somewhere. She isn't bringing anything to the show but a sour ass attitude. Goodbye.

I wonder why Malaysia soured so badly. Is it because she's divorced and now has money?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

But Shaunie, you ARE a bitch. 

Truth! And I wish she would stop acting like she has some power to flex. If she did, Royce and The Govan Sisters would have been bounced from Original Recipe Basketball Wives seasons ago. 

Malaysia popping up at the event with sweats was unintentionally hilarious. Just stop. You're someone's mother. Although I will say that it's nicer to see her like this than in Sour Puss Mode. 

Angel Love is trying really hard for that camera time. At this point, both she and OG Angel are non-entities. 

And because it can't be said enough, Tami's trash. 

• Love 4
On October 12, 2015 at 9:04 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Mahara, there's no such thing as a stupid question doll.  I love it when a board bands together lol.  I'm expanding Jezebel's definition because you're both right.    According to UrbanDictionary.com:

kee-kee
to laugh...mostly at somebody. to giggle with a friend, to yourself, "carry on" with someone about something funny; talking it up, laughing on and on about something, that to others, may not be "as" funny.   

I can't explain why carry on and as are in quotation marks, please disregard.

Don't let these chicks throw you off girl, thot is an acronym modifying a noun (ho).  It cannot and never shall be used as a verb, cause, in the if it ain't broke column, there's nothing wrong with the actual verb (ho'in).

;)

You are ridiculous!!! I'm kee-keeing. I prefer ho'ing. Not myself, but as an action verb for others.

5 hours ago, Dream Boy said:

Truth! And I wish she would stop acting like she has some power to flex. If she did, Royce and The Govan Sisters would have been bounced from Original Recipe Basketball Wives seasons ago. 

Malaysia popping up at the event with sweats was unintentionally hilarious. Just stop. You're someone's mother. Although I will say that it's nicer to see her like this than in Sour Puss Mode. 

Angel Love is trying really hard for that camera time. At this point, both she and OG Angel are non-entities. 

And because it can't be said enough, Tami's trash. 

As if.  Who are you jumping in a belly shirt and drawstring pants though?  The girl had studs in her ears and not one visible iota of petroleum jelly.  Malaysia, cut it out, you came to stunt and hold the coats.   However, that is one gorgeous girl - no makeup and ready for bed hair, just beautiful.  I'm mad that she still had 10 pm lashes on.

Is it messy that I'm here for everybody's omission to inform Angel, the sequel, of the fact that Brandi only has so much walk away in her spirit.   The very next time that girl pop off, Brandi will make quick work of that ass.

These are facts.   

1 hour ago, announcergirl said:

You are ridiculous!!! I'm kee-keeing. I prefer ho'ing. Not myself, but as an action verb for others.

Ok girl, I see.

When-Someone-Favorite-Pop-Star-Problemat

• Love 4

Now see, as stank as Malaysia has been this season, this scene endeared me to her. Only because last week, my best friend called to inform me that my 13yr old god-daughter was being bullied at school. She said the phone went silent for about 15 seconds - she says "hello??" And I said "bitch, I'm putting on my tennis shoes. WHERE THEY AT?"

'Aint nothing like a ride or die!!

• Love 8
On August 2, 2016 at 0:34 AM, Jade Foxx said:

Now see, as stank as Malaysia has been this season, this scene endeared me to her. Only because last week, my best friend called to inform me that my 13yr old god-daughter was being bullied at school. She said the phone went silent for about 15 seconds - she says "hello??" And I said "bitch, I'm putting on my tennis shoes. WHERE THEY AT?"

Lol I love this. Been there :))

• Love 3

Angel Love tries to act all innocent as if she didn't know she was drinking or some shit like, "All I remember is ..." Ok whatever. She realized she got in over her head and Brandi and Malaysia will END HER. So she had to act like "oh I just didn't know how much I was drinking because I'm so classy and cute." Um no. You're not fooling anyone, hunty. And stop smiling at inappropriate times. 

• Love 3

I see this is going to be the season of the Angels vs. Malaysia, Brandy and booboo kitty (her name escapes me at this moment).  I get that the Angels are trying to be relevant but for the love of all that is holy did Angel Love not hear Malaysia say she didn't know who was upsetting her friend and therefore when she rolled up she didn't know who the target was.  Love is still trying to say Malaysia was coming for her.  Nothing happened so STFU about it.  Please find another subject matter to fight about since you must fight!

PS. I do believe the Brandi and Shaunie mess is finally over and we can move on from "thank you for your service".

• Love 4

1) Is Brandy a body builder? I swear she looks like 6'3" of solid muscle. 

2) Glad the beef between her and Flaring Nostrils is squashed. For now. 

3) Jackie needs a neck lift/tightening and no shade because in about 10 years I'ma need one myself. Maybe those necks rings are hereditary? Now I feel bad for calling Kimora Lee tree trunk neck. ?

4) Is there anyone in this group who has NOT had ass injections?

5) Jackie said she didn't need the immunity booster juice because she's been married over 15 years? Did she think it was an STD vaccine? Good lord what an idiot!

• Love 7
On 8/2/2016 at 0:34 AM, Jade Foxx said:

Honey anyone who knows me well can quote one of my many (many) life motto's but the most infamous one - "you don't know me; I will fight a kid!"

I support your efforts 100%

On 8/1/2016 at 2:30 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

As if.  Who are you jumping in a belly shirt and drawstring pants though?  The girl had studs in her ears and not one visible iota of petroleum jelly.  Malaysia, cut it out, you came to stunt and hold the coats.   However, that is one gorgeous girl - no makeup and ready for bed hair, just beautiful.  I'm mad that she still had 10 pm lashes on.

Is it messy that I'm here for everybody's omission to inform Angel, the sequel, of the fact that Brandi only has so much walk away in her spirit.   The very next time that girl pop off, Brandi will make quick work of that ass.

These are facts.   

Ok girl, I see.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but in my head we are besties!!

• Love 5
On August 8, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Boofish said:

Honey anyone who knows me well can quote one of my many (many) life motto's but the most infamous one - "you don't know me; I will fight a kid!"

Unh unh. She's MY bestie!!

• Love 4
On Sunday, August 07, 2016 at 8:02 PM, Nowhere said:

Angel Love tries to act all innocent as if she didn't know she was drinking or some shit like, "All I remember is ..." Ok whatever. She realized she got in over her head and Brandi and Malaysia will END HER. So she had to act like "oh I just didn't know how much I was drinking because I'm so classy and cute." Um no. You're not fooling anyone, hunty. And stop smiling at inappropriate times. 

Agreed! BOTH Angel's are boring, but the new one is extremely irritating and needs that ass tapped!!! You just got here and keep speaking out of turn on things you weren't present for. Sit your ass down loser!!!

• Love 4
On Sunday, August 07, 2016 at 11:58 PM, lasandi said:

I see this is going to be the season of the Angels vs. Malaysia, Brandy and booboo kitty (her name escapes me at this moment).  I get that the Angels are trying to be relevant but for the love of all that is holy did Angel Love not hear Malaysia say she didn't know who was upsetting her friend and therefore when she rolled up she didn't know who the target was.  Love is still trying to say Malaysia was coming for her.  Nothing happened so STFU about it.  Please find another subject matter to fight about since you must fight!

PS. I do believe the Brandi and Shaunie mess is finally over and we can move on from "thank you for your service".

Exactly!!!!! I think anyone would do the same thing for their girl or bff. Angel 1 and 2 GOODBYE!!! Jackie still an old ass stirring the pot.WHY THEY FAIL 2 SEE THIS  AND BEFRIEND HER BLOWS MY MIND!

• Love 2

So glad that Brandi's "sister", who's name I can't remember right now, called out Shaunie on being rude and disrespectful and more focused on putting down Brandi then helping to resolve the issue.  Also, the faces made by the other ladies when she stated this was gold, especially since you know they were all thinking it but none of them had the balls to say so or agree.  So much for Shaunie being more mature than the other ladies as she and Tammi tried to claim last season.  I also get the sense that who ever is really in charge of hiring and firing but her in her place, because she changed her tune real quick with the "I wasn't suggesting you were fired" bit.

• Love 1

I hate these heifers for making me agree with Jackie Christie.  Twice now she was the voice of reason.  I forget the first instance, but this week her comments about the argument being stale and the bread being fresh was on.point.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Shoppergal said:

I hate these heifers for making me agree with Jackie Christie.  Twice now she was the voice of reason.  I forget the first instance, but this week her comments about the argument being stale and the bread being fresh was on.point.  

Yes, but I feel like Jackie isn't genuine and is trying 2 fit in just 2 stir the pot. She's a shit starter who needs 2 stop!!

• Love 1
On 8/8/2016 at 10:58 AM, Boofish said:

hee!! I wasn't aware....if you don't mind filling out this here friendship contract.....

On 8/9/2016 at 3:23 PM, announcergirl said:

Unh unh. She's MY bestie!!

lol!!  ya'll could share custody.   I'll spend weekends with whomever is a grits-master.

On 8/9/2016 at 5:09 PM, zenme said:

Why is Malaysia always make words? This week it was "disclude." Exclude, perhaps? 

Bwaaaaaaahaaaa!  Context?  Use in a sentence please?

On 8/10/2016 at 6:39 PM, Shoppergal said:

Sigh.  Right?  If I'm not might be mixing them up, is she the one last episode who said a conversation was in order?  I'm still kinda fixated on the fact that Doug is her 3rd husband and they met when she was 24. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Sigh.  Right?  If I'm not might be mixing them up, is she the one last episode who said a conversation was in order?  I'm still kinda fixated on the fact that Doug is her 3rd husband and they met when she was 24. 

Wait what?  Naw ma...just naw....

• Love 2

Malaysia was talking about "discluding" people from a gathering. She rivals Porsha from RHOA, but I have to at least give Porsha credit for not trying to pretend like she is talking sense and above it all. Malaysia's ignorant ass stays trying to drag while not being able to converse in English. Even Jackie can acknowledge her fuckups.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Shoppergal said:

Wait what?  Naw ma...just naw....

hmmph. receipts, you say? now this one doesn't mention how many exes she has but Jackie outed herself on the episode where she and Malaysia were talking about Malaysia dating again.   She told her to expand her horizons and such and then proceeded to tell Malaysia and Brandi she'd been married to a white guy for 5 years.  Then they were like girl what? you had a husband before Doug?  And she was like no ya'll I had two.  I was married after that.   

Now this lipstick alley link is old, but you gone need your teacup.  Imma just leave this right here.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/345978-Jackie-Christie-s-Marriage

http://starcasm.net/archives/354104

jackiewedding1-1317657874.jpg?w=700

• Love 2

I love this show with the power of 1000 suns.   I need to watch it again because there were a few gems like "discluding" that I need to remember.   The editors add a little chime sound or a twinkle in people's eyes when they say something suspect.  I love it.     Jackie Christie, don't ever change girl.   "They are talking about Jackie Christie".   LOL.   I miss the re-wedding every year with Doug.   I don't recall them doing it last year either.  Maybe they record the episodes at a different time of year.  

I actually laughed at Shaunie's impressions and that is the first time she ever did anything funny.  (Don't fire me as a viewer, Shaunie.)   

Brandy was 100% right when Tami told Duffy to stay out of fights.   Tami just said that Angel #1 needed to jump in on Angel #2's fight and then she tells Duffy to stay out of Brandy and Malaysia's fights.   Glad that someone called her out on that.   She tried to spin it but she knew she was caught.  That will never be not funny (hey Tami, love you).   
I figured things were bound to go downhill with Duffy and Tami's daughter and the previews bear it out.  

I miss Draya.  There I said it.  

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 6

I really want to like Tami, I've "known" her since way back on Real World.  I think she's got a great sense of humor and makes me laugh more than any of these women but I just can't bring myself to like her.   I think it's time she grows the hell up and stops threatening everyone who disagrees with her.  I tried Tami, I really did. 

I'm just catching up on episodes and just saw the lunch thing with Malaysia and Duffy. These women's jewelry always makes me scratch my head but that choker Malaysia was wearing looked like a damn heretic fork.  The ten pound earrings are something but that choker was something else. 

• Love 1
On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 8:13 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

hmmph. receipts, you say? now this one doesn't mention how many exes she has but Jackie outed herself on the episode where she and Malaysia were talking about Malaysia dating again.   She told her to expand her horizons and such and then proceeded to tell Malaysia and Brandi she'd been married to a white guy for 5 years.  Then they were like girl what? you had a husband before Doug?  And she was like no ya'll I had two.  I was married after that.   

Now this lipstick alley link is old, but you gone need your teacup.  Imma just leave this right here.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/345978-Jackie-Christie-s-Marriage

http://starcasm.net/archives/354104

jackiewedding1-1317657874.jpg?w=700

Jackie comes across like a lying attention seeker. I guess somethings never change!!! Look at her on this pic, she looks sneaky?

• Love 1

Duffy better watch out bragging about being engaged.  These shows are known to break up relationships.  She's really tempting fate.  Plus, she sounds really stupid repeating it over and over.

• Love 1

Duffey can go back home, and take Brandi with her. I'm so sick of these women basing their and others' worth on who has a temporary ring. At least the Miami crew owned their pasts, their bodies, and the come up. These chicks are still worried about the men who they are attached to.

Actually, I'm kind of over this entire cast. In the words of the great (in the BBW world) Evelyn Lozada, they are all non motherfucking factors. Shaunie is only here because her name is on the show; Tami is about a check, any which way it comes; Brandi is dull; Duffey is dull tangential; Malaysia has no story beyond fake bourgie and fake beef with people she clearly does not give a fuck about; and Jackie doesn't care, as long as the cameras are rolling. Angels who?

Time to wipe this series out or find an entirely new group. This season pass is about to be cancelled.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 4
On August 18, 2016 at 9:06 PM, sunsheyen said:

I know Tami can be annoying, but this video kind of sums up why I will never hate her. She knows who she is, she knows that she ain't even TRYING to see nobody's time clock and is making this shit work for her.

http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/m853c3/basketball-wives-la-the-evolution-of-tami-roman

Very true.  Is there anyone else in the reality TV game who can say they have been around 20 years?  Not just that but damn, she had an abortion on tv.  We'll ignore the jaw wiring shut...she has made a career outta this shit .

• Love 4

I'm very confused.  What is Jackie's career???  And if she does have one, why can't she do it in Sacramento?  Also, Doug is homeschooling their son?  What the fuck does she do all day????  Doug looked so happy to be moving away.  I bet his boss was like, "take your time; you can start in about a week or so to give you time to settle in" and Doug responded, "No, I can be here tomorrow!"

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

Where did Tami get the name Roman from?  When she was on Real World she was Tami Akbar then she married Kenny Anderson and her last name becomes Roman.  

Roman was inspired by the Roman Empire. She mentioned that when she shot a pilot for a Basketball Wives spin off that wasn't picked up. She changed the name for her acting career, which always seems to go really well when she's away from reality tv. I understand reality tv is easier, but I always wished she had focused more on real acting. When she did that show with Halle Berry, she should've ran with it and auditioned until she found something big.

1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I'm very confused.  What is Jackie's career???  And if she does have one, why can't she do it in Sacramento?  Also, Doug is homeschooling their son?  What the fuck does she do all day????  Doug looked so happy to be moving away.  I bet his boss was like, "take your time; you can start in about a week or so to give you time to settle in" and Doug responded, "No, I can be here tomorrow!"

Yes, he did look excited and relieved in the same breath. Just think Jackie's irritating to watch, imagine being married to her(I will say she appeared to have had some sense on the boat when talking to Brandy.???

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Talky Tina said:

Thanks @KnotsLanding  When Tami was talking about her former girl group and her being the rapper of the group was anybody else hearing "I'm a slave, I'm a slave, I'm a slave to your lovin....?".  I heard that in my head for days after the episode.  

MTV Classic (formerly VH1 Classic) ran all of RW: LA on Saturday, I surprised myself and my daughter by rapping that along with her.

I really enjoyed the vampire show Moonlight...Tami did a good job in her recurring role there. I wish she got more legit acting gigs, although I'm sure with a fresh reality resume, it's probably kind of difficult to get cast. Moonlight occured when she had been off reality tv for a few years.

I don't even know why Angel Brinks took exception to Jackie saying she was demanding that she wear her design.  She WAS demanding -- if you're my friend, you'll wear my shit-- well she didn't say shit, I said shit.  Anyhou, that sounds like demanding to me.  Especially when someone is telling you of their body issues and you are still insisting.  That's demanding fool.

• Love 2