Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Heads Up

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Toy drone would be even better...won't get bogged down in a herd of shuffling feet or body parts strewn on road.

I'm amazed they don't have those big RC cars. If a fucking tin can will pull walkers away, imagine the attraction one of those would have!!!

• Love 1

I think I have figured out why Rick doesn't want the Alex. to do anything.  He wants to be top man.  Only his plans will be done.  Only his ideas entertained.  What balls he has telling Deanna that though Spencer's plan was stupid, "HE" could have accomplished it by letting Spencer get eaten.  Yeah, right Rick.  

• Love 3

So. Best thing about tonight - Glenn is alive. yay! 

So now that the fence is broken, are they taking their group on the road again?

I could not concentrate throughout the entire episode because I was shouting at Aaron, who has not bothered to tell anyone else about the sewer exit.  OK, before I can see him not telling but now, when he knows the town is surrounded and that at any minute the herd could break through and the group will have no way out and could be encircled and chowed down on... There is just not one excuse is my mind for him keeping that a secret.  Here's Spencer trying to climb out on a power line (clothesline? some kind of line) to get out and lead the herd away. Here's Rick talking about how he could have used the gap Spencer created to run out and get a car to lead the herd off, and Aaron (and Maggie!) know that there's a better way that a small group could sneak out and get a car and both stay silent?   And they both know there's an "emergency exit" if the walls should come down, and they keep that to themselves?

Grrrrr!

And then I was about to scream at Rick about repairing the walls: "Don't go pounding in nails and making noise!"  And I see he's smart enough to use SCREWS so the noise will be less.  Go Rick!  Right...

Cut to a few minutes later, and he and Tobin (that was Tobin, right?) are pounding away on the boards with all their might.  From the second Rick said they should all be quiet to keep the herd from gathering near one spot on the wall and gaining enough strength to push through, it seems like everyone, and Rick especially, has been having a contest to see who can be the loudest!

Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 4

I think I have figured out why Rick doesn't want the Alex. to do anything.  He wants to be top man.  Only his plans will be done.  Only his ideas entertained.  What balls he has telling Deanna that though Spencer's plan was stupid, "HE" could have accomplished it by letting Spencer get eaten.  Yeah, right Rick.  

The funny thing is, he could have done it a long time ago. I mean, having another parade is not going to really eliminate them anyway. It's the same stupid plan as before. But if, for the sake of argument, that's the way you want to go with it, getting to a car isn't that difficult. Three words, Rick: zombie gut camouflage.

• Love 1

Finally watched this episode.  Yay, Glenn is alive.  Too bad we had to wait so many friggin' episodes to find out.  But that's about the only reason I even bothered to watch these past few weeks anyway, so I guess there was a method to their madness.  So sick of the same episode arc week after week - boring, boring, boring, incredibly exciting teaser to get you to tune in next week.  I remember when it used to be awesome, awesome, awesome, incredibly exciting teaser.  My 16 year old had it right when he commented that watching this show has become like a chore you have to do.  I'm about done.

Edited by tobeannounced
  • Love 3

Cut to a few minutes later, and he and Tobin (that was Tobin, right?) are pounding away on the boards with all their might.  From the second Rick said they should all be quiet to keep the herd from gathering near one spot on the wall and gaining enough strength to push through, it seems like everyone, and Rick especially, has been having a contest to see who can be the loudest!

I was thinking the same thing. We all know the noise of hammers carries far and wide. I think my favorite moment was Rick, screaming at the top of his lungs, "WE HAVE TO BE QUIET!!!"

My 16 year old had it right when he commented that watching this show has become like a chore you have to do.

Pretty much. It's like, "I have to wash the kitchen floor, load the dishwasher, get my lunch ready and watch TWD."

• Love 2

I was thinking the same thing. We all know the noise of hammers carries far and wide. I think my favorite moment was Rick, screaming at the top of his lungs, "WE HAVE TO BE QUIET!!!"

Pretty much. It's like, "I have to wash the kitchen floor, load the dishwasher, get my lunch ready and watch TWD."

That's a bummer, AngelaHunter. I still love watching, even when storylines or characters become a bit annoying. I dumped cable a long time ago, and this is the only show I purchase to stream. So I have to ask, and without the least bit of snark, only pure curiosity: what with life being so short and all, why would you watch something that feels like drudgery?

• Love 1

why would you watch something that feels like drudgery?

Because, after hanging in there for years - and there was a lot I really liked about this show previously - I now have to know what's going to happen to everyone. My FF button has become my best friend for times when I just can't tolerate what I'm seeing (I'm looking at you, Karate Morgan Kid.).

• Love 6

I could not concentrate throughout the entire episode because I was shouting at Aaron, who has not bothered to tell anyone else about the sewer exit. 

Isn't the main exit point blocked by a herd? Maggie & Aaron had no way out. 

Edited by paigow
  • Love 2

Hey, here's a question: If Porchdicklet knows how to steal from the gun library that easily, why didn't he just steal a damned gun in the first place? I mean, does he plan on actually giving a supervillain speech in which he gloats about shooting Coral with the gun that he got from RickHow far into the speech does he really think he's going to get? Say what you will about the Grimeseseseseses. They do not die easily. I mean, Judith's been eating raw acorns for as long as she's had teeth, and you're really gonna just stand there pissing off Carl?

Please try. That's all I ask. I look forward to mocking you, Porchy.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 3
On November 22, 2015 at 10:14 PM, ghoulina said:

Speaking of, LOVED the callback to Lori. I'm probably the only person alive who has a fondness for her. But I thought it was sweet what Maggie said about Judith resembling her mom (even though it was obviously a bold faced lie). 

I thought I was. Yay there's someone else!!!! :) 

• Love 1