Type keyword(s) to search

The Bullpen

• Start Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in one of the early episodes she mentioned she was only a few IQ points away from Reid. Since "genius" level IQ hovers around 150, technically, she'd qualify.

I do think they originally intended to make her more genius-y, but I think that was waylayed by the Morgan flirtation, and her Miracle Computer™. 

For me, "Garcialvez" has been the sole highlight in what's been a mediocre season. Kirsten Vangsness and Adam Rodriguez have a much more natural chemistry than Vangsness and Shemar Moore ever did, so I'm pleased the two of them are finally getting recognition.

• Love 1

I definitely consider Garcia, well, at least in earlier incarnations, to be relatively bright, but not necessarily a genius like Reid. I also thought it was cool that she was at the helm of all the technology goodness. She was competent, took her job seriously and conducted herself with utmost professionalism. Certainly, she was quirky, especially when it came to her outfits and sense of fun. 

But today's Garcia is childish, dresses like a clown college reject and acts like a snotty, yet giggly One Direction loving tween when it comes to Alvez and the now departed Morgan. 

And like many of you, none of my so-called "haterade" is because Garcia isn't skinny. 

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 7

Well now this is interesting CBS appears to be delaying the premiere of CM:BB instead they will be premiering a legal drama known as Doubt. Naturally some people are now speculating as to what this might mean for the spin off as well as the mother show itself. Some are even speculating that this is probably pointing to the eventual demise of the mother show. Which is something a don't particularly agree with.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MMC said:

Well now this is interesting CBS appears to be delaying the premiere of CM:BB instead they will be premiering a legal drama known as Doubt. Naturally some people are now speculating as to what this might mean for the spin off as well as the mother show itself. Some are even speculating that this is probably pointing to the eventual demise of the mother show. Which is something a don't particularly agree with.

The mothership is supposed to be doomed because Beyond Borders is pushing back their premiere?

Because that makes every single bit of sense. 

Not referring to you, MMC, but those "some people" you referred to, and believe me, that sounds familiar.

It is probably the same people that kept insisting that CM and CM:BB had been some sort of package deal. And that had TPTB decided not to go forward with the spin off they would have cancelled the mother show.Which to me was also total BS.

• Love 1

"Happy Saturday,  my nerds!"

Spencer, Hold My Earrings weren't quite sure if this band should be their opening act, but figured they could probably play the ukulele better than Garcia.

902793_0_the-pukes-hit-new-cross_400.jpg

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bookish Jen said:

"Happy Wednesday, my nerds!"

Penelope Garcia wondered what the rest of the BAU would think of her Christmas coiffure.

Christmas-Tree-Hair-7.png

However, Spencer really dug the collection of mismatched socks Penelope bequeathed him at the BAU Xmas gift exchange.

AnimalSocks.jpg

Oh god, I have the top half of a mannequin i should have done this with!!!!! Maybe for next year, I'll get some fake tree limbs and festoon the entire mannequin from the waist down! I'll share pics if i do

• Love 4
On 11/28/2016 at 7:44 PM, normasm said:

My dislike of Garcia also has nothing to do with her size. I watch old episodes of CM, and she was smartly written, I enjoyed her. She didn't dress as ridiculously as nowadays and in recent past. But now she is beyond infantile. I loved KV's first effort at writing, Nelson's Sparrow, but only the parts that did not focus on the Unsub. The Unsub part is and will be unwatchable to me, and if KV wrote those parts, it makes me queasy.

Garcia is certainly smart and savvy, but saying she's a genius and, say, Hotch is not? Nah. Reid is a certified genius, far above the rest in intellect, and to try to put Garcia up there with him is insulting to both characters. And that's certainly not to say Reid is the only smart person, or skilled person there on the team. Just that he's the genius. Period.

My dislike of Garcia has nothing to do with her size and everything to do with how infantile she's become over the past 5 or so years. Also her own arrogance. At one time she was one of my favorites. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

My dislike of Garcia has nothing to do with her size and everything to do with how infantile she's become over the past 5 or so years. Also her own arrogance. At one time she was one of my favorites. 

I do think that, apart from the foolishness with Luke Alvez, she's been toned down a bit this season.  She has a way to go to get back to the Garcia who caught my interest in the early seasons, but at least she's made a turn in the right direction. Hoping she doesn't regress. 

• Love 4
On 12/23/2016 at 4:53 PM, normasm said:

Oh god, I have the top half of a mannequin i should have done this with!!!!! Maybe for next year, I'll get some fake tree limbs and festoon the entire mannequin from the waist down! I'll share pics if i do

Please do!

And I have a necklace that kind of resembles the one in the pic, only a bit less over the top. Hey, nothing says "Happy Holidays" like having balls hang over your mantle piece.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 1
On 23/12/2016 at 3:12 PM, Bookish Jen said:

"Happy Friday, my nerds!"

Penelope thought her Christmas coiffure might be a bit too subtle so she wore this dress.

10-Home-made-Christmas-Tree-Costume-Idea

I was at a shopping centre today and in one of the shops there was a manequin-chistmas tree very similar to this one. It made me smile, ... and reminded me that I haven't said "Happy New Year" yet. 

So     HAPPY NEW YEAR  to everyone!! 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, senin said:

I was at a shopping centre today and in one of the shops there was a manequin-chistmas tree very similar to this one. It made me smile, ... and reminded me that I haven't said "Happy New Year" yet. 

So     HAPPY NEW YEAR  to everyone!! 

Happy New Year to you, too!

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:15 AM, Bookish Jen said:

Sergio, the BAU and PTV-CM Unit celebrated the final days of the most evil unsub of all, the year 2016.

cats26.jpg

This show is in serious need of an appearance from Sergio. In fact I think Sergio should be made the BAU mascot.

• Love 4

Since the Beyond Borders topic is pretty dead and I know there are people over here who can read Spanish - here's a rather despairing eye-roll of a  review in Spanish from El País of the Pamplona set episode of CM:BB:  http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2017/01/06/television/1483721250_765173.html

Sadly, I think it pretty well sums up my thoughts on that entire show. (Although, to be fair to the show, I originally come from a land where we were so clever as to have given ourselves a deadly brain disease by feeding dead cows to other cows and then making the diseased result into hamburgers and feeding them to children. So bovines can actually consume animal products, but not quite in the form the show would have you believe.)

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Lebanna said:

I feel so sorry for his future girlfriends. Because, ouch.

I know. This idiot makes those who think if you use tampons you're no longer a virgin and therefore tampons are evil tools of Lucifer or what I call, "Satan's Cotton Fingers," which apparently some scary preacher called tampons only without any irony.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lebanna said:

Since the Beyond Borders topic is pretty dead and I know there are people over here who can read Spanish - here's a rather despairing eye-roll of a  review in Spanish from El País of the Pamplona set episode of CM:BB:  http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2017/01/06/television/1483721250_765173.html

Sadly, I think it pretty well sums up my thoughts on that entire show. (Although, to be fair to the show, I originally come from a land where we were so clever as to have given ourselves a deadly brain disease by feeding dead cows to other cows and then making the diseased result into hamburgers and feeding them to children. So bovines can actually consume animal products, but not quite in the form the show would have you believe.)

I  think the show itself might be dead. I have seen the winter/spring schedule for CBS and as of late April it is still not on the schedule. Now unless CBS plans to air it sometime during the summer, which is doubtful, I'd say that this does not bode well for CM:BB.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, MMC said:

I  think the show itself might be dead. I have seen the winter/spring schedule for CBS and as of late April it is still not on the schedule. Now unless CBS plans to air it sometime during the summer, which is doubtful, I'd say that this does not bode well for CM:BB.

I hear nor read a peep about this show. I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts only two seasons, if that. However, every time I read CM:BB, I read it as as Criminal Minds: Bed and Breakfast. Now that would be a show!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

I hear nor read a peep about this show. I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts only two seasons, if that. However, every time I read CM:BB, I read it as as Criminal Minds: Bed and Breakfast. Now that would be a show!

I'm now reminded of that scene in "The Eyes Have It" where Reid tricked us all into thinking scrambled eggs were...something else.

• Love 1