Type keyword(s) to search

The Bullpen

• Start Topic

I'd love to have Morgan back and bounce the two new dudes.  I'd keep Aisha bc I like her.  The only positive thing about Morgan leaving is that it let us see Morgan and Reid express their deep feelings for one another, and how much Morgan values Reid, naming his son after him.  That was one of the most touching moments of the series, imho.  I have a feeling Reid is gonna need Morgan in the episodes to come.  He has Rossi, JJ and Emily, true, but not his bro.  "Phone call away," blah blah blah, but I want to see it.  I wish Hotch could be there as well, but I know there isn't a snowball's chance of that happening.

I appreciate Shemar's desire to try new things, but I think the rest of the cast have shown wisdom in not looking a gift horse in the mouth (although if MGG wants to jump, he has my full support -- brill performance in last night's ep notwithstanding). 

• Love 4

I may be in the minority here, but I actually kind of like Alvez more than Morgan in some ways. At least, I like the way they have been writing for his character better than how they were writing for Morgan the last few seasons. I do miss the Reid/Morgan dynamic, but it was largely missing for a long time.

As for Damon Gupton's character (I can't remember his name), I haven't warmed to him yet. His line delivery is odd-- too slow and dull sounding. There was no personality from him. Plus we don't need that many people on the show.

• Love 2

Yeah, I too am one of those persons who actually enjoys Luke Alvez as a character. But Stephen Walker can just go away now, because I don't feel he brings anything to the team. He is just a completely uninteresting character to me, and Damon Gupton's performance doesn't excite me in any way. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, zannej said:

I may be in the minority here, but I actually kind of like Alvez more than Morgan in some ways. At least, I like the way they have been writing for his character better than how they were writing for Morgan the last few seasons. I do miss the Reid/Morgan dynamic, but it was largely missing for a long time.

As for Damon Gupton's character (I can't remember his name), I haven't warmed to him yet. His line delivery is odd-- too slow and dull sounding. There was no personality from him. Plus we don't need that many people on the show.

Stephen Walker, the new-new guy, has a voice similar to one I used to listen to every night as a child-listening to a tape of bedtime stories meant to put a kid to sleep. He and his actor, Damon Gupton, may be a fantastic person, just his voice mskes me sleepy. Lol.I did like that upon his first meeting of Reid, there didn't seem to be any undertone of scoffing. 

I haven't made up my mind up on Alvez yet. Sometimes I like him, other times, particularly when it seems he's dissing someone, no, just no. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, zannej said:

I never liked Morgan. I do prefer Alvez to him, much to my surprise.

I feel like new-new guy is still not really 'there' for me. I definitely wouldn't notice if he disappeared without warning. I haven't seen anything from him to like or dislike, though.

10 hours ago, MMC said:

Adam Rodriguez has given another interview. And all I can say is that TPTB seriously needs to tell him to "Shut The Fuck Up" Because imo what he said in that interview helped to validate in the eyes of those who embrace such a notion that TG probably was conspired against and gotten rid of so that they could move Paget Brewster's character into the positon of unit chief.

And I have since decided were it up to me I would give both Adam and Damon the heave ho. I would keep Aisha but use her on a limited basis. Lastly and I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I would approach Shemar upon returning to the show. I hear till his movie was a flop. Trust me guys I understand all about Morgan fatigue. I experienced it myself despite the fact that unlike JJ I was still relatively fond of Morgan. But there is always the chance if SM did agree to return he may want it to be on a somewhat limited basis.

MMC there must have been quite a call from the fans to bring Morgan back as Shemar just posted this on Twitter/Instagram in his usual inimitable style!

DEREK MORGAN TAKE NO Sh*T FACE!!!! ........... THANK YOU for those 11 years!!!!!!!! ............... NOW LISTEN!!! PLEASE........... I would love to go back and kick down doors, beat down UNSUBS, and flirt with my Original Baby Girl..... PART TIME... an episode or two or three....... BUT.... BUT.... BUT.... IT... IS... NOT.... UP.... TO.... ME!!!! The Studio Execs and Producers all have to plan for it... write for it... negotiate it... AND... THEY DECIDE ... IF.... they want to reach out to me... THEY HAVEN'T.... and THAT's okay... I left the show because I AM A DREAMER... I am working hard, fighting, and being patient for MY NEXT CHAPTERS and STEPS of my career life and my Real Life.... and having a BUNCH OF FUN BEING FREEEEEEEEEE ??? JOURNEY OF A DREAMER ??✌???

I'm not a great fan of Morgan but I liked his relationship with Reid when it was shown and done well and frankly the show needs something to restabilise it so maybe some guest appearances by Shemar would be a good thing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bookish Jen said:

One of my favorite things about CM are the book-end quotes that open and close nearly every episode. In the latest episode Mama Reid said something very wise and wonderful, which will stay with me forever. I decided to use it at my blog. And for an extra CM goody, please be a lamb and scroll down once you're finished reading the quote.

https://thebookselfblog.wordpress.com/

I noticed that sentence too, in fact I copied it, I intend to use with my students, probably around Books Day in April. 

I had already checked your blog today ( I do from time to time) , and I had seen the "goody" but I hadn't realised you were quoting Diana's sentence. I'm glad you have, it feels so right at the top of a blog about books!!

Edited by senin

Anyone who reads the Criminal Minds message board on IMDB will be sad to hear that IMDB is closing its message boards on the 20th Feb. IMDB CM board has a whole range of posters and has been entertaining for years. So sad that it will soon end.

• Love 1

my guess is that the CM board isn't the main culprit, but they're probably sick and tired of dealing with crap...people posting unfounded crapola on there, causing way too much work for their mods...

I'm gonna miss that mgubelove person though.

(hee hee.....jk!)

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

I'm gonna miss that mgubelove person though.

(hee hee.....jk!)

Don't worry - he pops up in other places, even here! A lot of well known troublemakers pop up under various guises across the forums and he is one of them!

Edited by Old Dog
  • Love 3

Well now that is a crying shame. What I don't understand is why they just don't disable the accounts of those bleeping trolls instead of the whole damn board.

• Love 2

I wonder if some of them would be good candidates for posting over here. Of course now I am talking about the ones who aren't already posting over here already.

6 hours ago, Old Dog said:

Don't worry - he pops up in other places, even here! A lot of well known troublemakers pop up under various guises across the forums and he is one of them!

Oh, really? Do tell...

• Love 3

Use of aliases is nothing new, I remember my first name was BEMEUP back in... 94? Yikers, that was a while ago!

Plenty of well-meaning, good-natured folks use them as well. As with all things, the smug, fatuous, judgmental crowd is among us, as are the philanthropic, the kind (looking at you, Bookish Jen) and the wise. I wonder if the bulk of the IMDB folks will spend time here. Could get interesting? Or not.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Old Dog said:

I find it fascinating when people have more than one 'alias' for the same purpose and especially when they post, or tweet, under each at the same time.  Are they just expressing different sides of their personality?  Or are they actually trying to appear as two different people?  Don't they realize they still have the same voice?  

Before I joined this forum, I made a conscious decision to keep 'writing' and 'opining' as separate functions, so I have a different username for each.  But I can't imagine why I would need more than that.  I'd love to hear Reid's theory on it.  Analyzing it would be the makings of a great doctoral thesis. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, JMO said:

I find it fascinating when people have more than one 'alias' for the same purpose and especially when they post, or tweet, under each at the same time.  Are they just expressing different sides of their personality?  Or are they actually trying to appear as two different people?  Don't they realize they still have the same voice?  

Me too! Sometimes I think people create multiple aliases to boost their own opinions. It is usually fairly easy to spot them - I think I've learned a lot about linguistics from Criminal Minds! And mggblove on IMDB has an unmistakable style whatever name he chooses. But it's all part of the fun negotiating the boards to watch all the subterfuge unfolding! I know sometimes you have no choice but to choose different names - I went through several attempts on Twitter to find a name that hadn't already been taken!

• Love 5

that happened to me, too, Old Doggie....the name I wanted on twitter was a hotmail address I've had for almost twenty years... freaked me out when I went to join twitter and discovered someone was already using that name! , as obscure as it was.... :( even Reidfan was already taken, so I did a version thereof.  *sigh*

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Old Dog said:

Me too! Sometimes I think people create multiple aliases to boost their own opinions. It is usually fairly easy to spot them - I think I've learned a lot about linguistics from Criminal Minds! And mggblove on IMDB has an unmistakable style whatever name he chooses. But it's all part of the fun negotiating the boards to watch all the subterfuge unfolding! I know sometimes you have no choice but to choose different names - I went through several attempts on Twitter to find a name that hadn't already been taken!

14 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

that happened to me, too, Old Doggie....the name I wanted on twitter was a hotmail address I've had for almost twenty years... freaked me out when I went to join twitter and discovered someone was already using that name! , as obscure as it was.... :( even Reidfan was already taken, so I did a version thereof.  *sigh*

You're both right, Old Dog and ReidFan, about sometimes being forced to use a different name on different social media.  But I still don't understand having multiple identities for the same social media.  Seems like posting under them, and keeping them straight, would take up valuable time, during which you could be living your real life, in your real identity.  

• Love 3

There's a saying over here - "There's nowt so queer as folk" (and that's queer as in the original Queen's English meaning!) There are some very strange people about! I think the multiple aliases on the same forum is probably to back themselves up there when there isn't much support for what they are saying. Or if they want to post something unpopular or that might get them reported but they want to keep a less radical alias as back up in case they get banned.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Old Dog said:

There's a saying over here - "There's nowt so queer as folk" (and that's queer as in the original Queen's English meaning!) There are some very strange people about! I think the multiple aliases on the same forum is probably to back themselves up there when there isn't much support for what they are saying. Or if they want to post something unpopular or that might get them reported but they want to keep a less radical alias as back up in case they get banned.

Ah, sounds correct.  I still think that it, and the goings on at some other sites, are the things of which doctoral theses are made.  Which made me wonder, so I Googled it.  This cites just a few pages from within a book, but it was interesting.  TWO, does this discussion need to move elsewhere?

https://books.google.com/books?id=YDZalJuWXUYC&pg=PA6&lpg=PA6&dq=psychology+of+social+media+aliases&source=bl&ots=sHVSDAnBJq&sig=yW6nmWyWl8d6SmwFbEz6RYKjLmg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWoZmp7PbRAhVoyVQKHRhNCFoQ6AEITTAJ#v=onepage&q=psychology of social media aliases&f=false

• Love 2

I got involved in the Internet when the Loch Ness Monster was just a tadpole, and my first on-line alias? Jennifer, yes, my first name because nobody in the world has that name (rolls eyes). I've gone through several since then. I decided to use Bookish Jen because it's the name I use at my blog as my current alias because my blog has been a bright spot in my life so I figured it might bring me some good luck.

On-topic: I once stepped in the CM board at IMDB. There are not enough Silkwood showers in the world to truly cleanse you of that digital toxic mess.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, senin said:

I love them!! It's not a type of shoe I wear, but these ones are so cute!! I think you should find a way to get them in your blog... they will be at home there!

I only wear sneakers when I work out. However, I do love a good high heel (but not too high). And because I was editor of my college newspaper, once was a contributing editor to a local magazine a while back and have worked as a freelance journalist I have a serious jones for these beauties:

c68912b229e461421a71edbb8cc5d407.jpg

20 hours ago, Franky said:

Use of aliases is nothing new, I remember my first name was BEMEUP back in... 94? Yikers, that was a while ago!

Plenty of well-meaning, good-natured folks use them as well. As with all things, the smug, fatuous, judgmental crowd is among us, as are the philanthropic, the kind (looking at you, Bookish Jen) and the wise. I wonder if the bulk of the IMDB folks will spend time here. Could get interesting? Or not.

Thanks for the shout out, much appreciated.

• Love 1

Hi all. I recently started watching Criminal Minds and in the end scene of season 3, episode 13 "Limelight" ( where Rosi walks towards his car, while the FBI agent gives an interview) there is an epic soundtrack. Can someone tell me whats its name? I looked a lot for it but I couldn't find it. Also, I'm pretty sure that I have heard it in previous episodes. It is not one of the two songs that appear on the web ( Cyann & Ben - Sweet beliefs, Duncan Shiek - Barely Breathing).Thanks in advance.

41 minutes ago, normasm said:

Kartus, it's probably just a part of the score. Criminal Minds has 3 guys who do the scores for every episode. Stefan and Mark Fantini and Scott Gordon.

Is there a website where I can find sound files? Or youtube ofc.

I couldn't tell if there is a way to find the score for a show or film when there isn't a relevant name behind it or  it isn't  available on the market.

I got lucky once only because they (tv show) used  Mike Oldfield's music and I searched for it in his discography.

Good luck!