Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don't believe for a minute she will eat cold tomato soup.

Janelle, just find some other way to grift from your fans.  

Is she going to Flagstaff, and are they filming the new season?  

They probably are filming--wouldn't want us to miss out on the why-should-we-move, where-should-we-move, what-should-we-build drama (and let's see what Meri cries about this time).

Ohmigosh, Janelle's cooler of odd stuff..........as someone mentioned earlier, she's going to eat cold soup? Did she bring a microwave or plug in food warmer? She's going to carve messy avocados in her car? Is she planning on camping out in the wilderness? What a cluster; she's making it way more complicated than it needs to be. 

There are options out there while traveling, Janelle. Nowadays, many fuel station shops have fresh fruit, yogurt, salads and even low carb options for health-conscious people on the go. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, GrannySmith said:

Hah!  She’s going straight to McDonald’s and all that stuff will go in the trash. 

The lame contents of that stupid picnic basket gives a clue about why Janelle is so fat and can't seem to lose any weight despite the constant show she makes of "eating clean" ... there's hardly any protein in there at all and she's going to end up feeling famished after a few hours even though she's had a day's worth of calories.  She probably will end up hitting the golden arches for a Big Mac and some McNuggets and a milkshake so she can go to bed without feeling like she's starving.

She needs to be a little more practical in planning her road trip menu (and a lot of her other menus, too) and not worry about making such a show of her *awesome* food choices. Because they're not *awesome* if they leave you feeling  hungry and deprived and result in you breaking down and hitting every drive thru in town. 

• Love 8

Hell, along I-40 there are plenty of decent places to grab a salad in Kingman, a subway in Seligman and Flag is FULL of healthy/crunchy places. No reason to do what she did. It's not like she was setting out for a 12 hour drive to no where.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Hell, along I-40 there are plenty of decent places to grab a salad in Kingman, a subway in Seligman and Flag is FULL of healthy/crunchy places. No reason to do what she did. It's not like she was setting out for a 12 hour drive to no where.

I liked that about Flag! Such a little town and so many forward-thinking healthy options, even at the Basha's near campus. So, once Janelle is there, we should expect to see fewer excuses and frustrations from her (yeah, right). 

• Love 4

I'm feeling snotty today. Who wants to bet that she has a whole bunch of pics from the gym of various pieces of equipment and her filthy yoga mat, all taken on the same day (a long time ago), and she is just parsing them out here and there with her little words of wisdom for her two STRIVE members? It would explain the lack of progress she has shown.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, Petrichor said:

Word is they bought four houses in the Pine Canyon area

So if that's true, the whole "sister wives" shtick continues to be a farce.  They are back to four baby mama's with their pimp jumping from house to house.  Excluding Meri's, of course.  And she's not heading for Parafin on her or whatever that place is called.  Hanging on to that gravy train to the bitter end.

That appears to be an expensive community. LulaRoe and Strive must pay well.

Unless they managed another interest only deal.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Petrichor said:

Word is they bought four houses in the Pine Canyon area; kids going to regular ol’ Flagstaff High School next to my house. 

Wow, those are million dollar homes! Even the townhomes are $700,000. If they bought land, a third of an acre is $200,000. I wonder where they got the money for down payments or how they qualified for loans after what happened in LV? If it takes a while to sell their LV homes, they will be on the hook for a lot of mortgages. Also, Meri just got a $375,000 loan for her Parowan home. How many mortgages can that woman carry just selling LuLaNo?

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Wow, those are million dollar homes! Even the townhomes are $700,000. If they bought land, a third of an acre is $200,000. I wonder where they got the money for down payments or how they qualified for loans after what happened in LV? If it takes a while to sell their LV homes, they will be on the hook for a lot of mortgages. Also, Meri just got a $375,000 loan for her Parowan home. How many mortgages can that woman carry just selling LuLaNo?

Right? I was just looking at recently sold homes there on Zillow. For all our snarking, some lender must think they're good for it. And Flagstaff school is hopefully better than the Clark County horror stories. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

And Flagstaff school

Only 11% of the population is enrolled in Flagstaff Unified District which is the public school system.  Most of the rest are private or charter schools, which because of their higher ratings probably have competition for spots.  Hopefully they will be able to get them into good schools.

1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

I doubt they bought any houses, probably land available on the same street.  I bet they will go with smaller homes this time.  In 4 more years they will only have about 5 of the kids left in school.  

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

37D337CC-CAA2-47EB-A7DF-6D0D893302DF.jpeg

This is where learning to be a minimalist comes in handy.  I have a friend with 9 children and because they have embraced minimalism, they were able to pack up and move in two days time.  Everything, furniture, appliances, personal items and clothing.  Down sizing is your friend.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I doubt they bought any houses, probably land available on the same street.

They could have, it's still around $800,000 in land alone for the smallest lots. That development may not allow manufactured homes, so add in site-built homes, utility installation, permits, etc. The smaller homes are selling for just under a million dollars. It is still going to be very, very expensive to build there, as well as live there. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

It is still going to be very, very expensive to build there, as well as live there. 

Which begs the question, as always, where the hell are they getting the money?  Grifting must be much more lucrative than I ever imagined.  None of them has any kind of real job or steady income.

And silly me, I worked 45 years full time to end up on social security....

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Which begs the question, as always, where the hell are they getting the money?  Grifting must be much more lucrative than I ever imagined.  None of them has any kind of real job or steady income.

And silly me, I worked 45 years full time to end up on social security....

So many questions...Who...What...Why...Where...When...and...How?  Can we possibly expect honest answers when the new season starts?

The most surprising aspect of this whole scene is that they are apparently buying 4 properties, I thought this would be Meri's perfect opportunity to make her escape to Parowan.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Can we possibly expect honest answers when the new season starts?

Well, we haven't in umpteen vomit-worthy seasons so I doubt this will be any different.

36 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I thought this would be Meri's perfect opportunity to make her escape to Parowan.

Clearly she's going to stick it out for the TLC money to the bitter end.  Or contractually she has to. 

• Love 4

It’s interesting to me, that this is the first time Janelle has been to Logan and Michelle’s for dinner. They have been together a long time. I wonder which kids, besides Kody, were there.

• Love 4

Has Janelle ever posted an any numbers as far as her weight loss? Like inches lost or pounds lost or dress size difference?

Weight loss is hard as heck. I need to lose 30 pounds myself but if Janelle is truly only eating all the healthy stuff she puts on social media, she'd be a size 4 by now.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s interesting to me, that this is the first time Janelle has been to Logan and Michelle’s for dinner. They have been together a long time. I wonder which kids, besides Kody, were there.

I really hope the whole family at least sees these pictures.  Michelle and Logan have done a great job presenting appetizing looking dishes, they realize there is more to menu planning for guests than lasagna made with Kraft cheese slices.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, lma said:

Also, could it be that TLC pays more than we think? Even it does though, spreading it amongst eleventy trillion people means it won’t go far. I think, as has been said, the Browns are just fiscally irresponsible. There’s no way they can afford that. 

I know we have debated the question a million times over the years here and at TWoP, but folks with some knowledge have always brought us back down to earth with real TLC numbers and then we take it from there with cost of living in the Vegas area X4 plus adding in the Brown Factor (fiscal irresponsibility), and we STILL end up in the red with these clowns. Meri might be pulling in a little bit with her LuLaNo for herself and the kids are off working on their own and probably handling their cut of the TLC pie just fine. Still have no idea how they already bought new land and/or homes already while they still own the LV homes.

• Love 5
(edited)

I have questions (still) about their loans. Forgive me. A kind PTVer  helped me out earlier wrt the type of loans the Browns had--the interest only loans. Now another question, so now that the Browns will sell the homes that they bought for $400,000- ish, and are selling for $600,000-ish, does this mean that they will each pocket the difference for their next home? I know I sound dense, and I do have a traditional home loan--no funny stuff.  They managed to get into homes that were better than what they could actually afford, and then make money off of it (?), OR does that $200,00O go to the lender instead? 

Edited by zenme
45 minutes ago, zenme said:

I have questions (still) about their loans. Forgive me. A kind PTVer  helped me out earlier wrt the type of loans the Browns had--the interest only loans. Now another question, so now that the Browns will sell the homes that they bought for $400,000- ish, and are selling for $600,000-ish, does this mean that they will each pocket the difference for their next home? I know I sound dense, and I do have a traditional home loan--no funny stuff.  They managed to get into homes that were better than what they could actually afford, and then make money off of it (?), OR does that $200,00O go to the lender instead? 

Here’s a pretty good article:

https://www.thebalance.com/interest-only-loans-315680

From the article:

If you just pay interest, you’ll owe exactly the same amount of money in 10 years that you owe now – you’re just servicing a debt instead of paying it off or improving your situation.

Sounds like the Browns.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

If you just pay interest, you’ll owe exactly the same amount of money in 10 years that you owe now – you’re just servicing a debt instead of paying it off or improving your situation.

So it's basically the same as renting, except the title of the house is in your name and you're responsible for its upkeep.  You're not putting any equity into the house. 

Edited by Janc
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Janc said:

So it's basically the same as renting, except the title of the house is in your name and you're responsible for its upkeep.  You're not putting any equity into the house. 

Plus you have to pay it off at the end or remortgage to keep it at the end of the interest only period.

• Love 3

The one thing I didn't see addressed was appreciation in value of the home (or I may have missed it). If the house appreciates in value, like these homes have, do the Browns get to keep the difference in the loan amount and sale amount? For example, in Christine's case, around $250,000? Or does that money go back to the loan company since the Browns weren't putting any money towards the equity?

49 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They only owe the bank the amount of the loan so yes they get to keep the difference. 

They were lucky that this gamble will ostensibly pay off. In so many cases the interest only loans come back to bite the owners if the market tanks.  They end up owing more than the house is worth.

If they get asking, they will definitely make some bucks.  Which, I am ashamed to admit, makes me stabby.  Grifters should not be rewarded, especially those whose financial program includes multiple bankruptcies.

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

They were lucky that this gamble will ostensibly pay off. In so many cases the interest only loans come back to bite the owners if the market tanks.  They end up owing more than the house is worth.

If they get asking, they will definitely make some bucks.  Which, I am ashamed to admit, makes me stabby.  Grifters should not be rewarded, especially those whose financial program includes multiple bankruptcies.

Well first they have to actually find a *willing and able buyer*. 

One that is willing to put up with the filming that will no doubt still be going on, along with the fans driving past and hanging outside the gate, even after they've moved out. People still visit/drive past the Lehi home and the Browns sold it a couple years ago.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DakotaJustice said:

Well first they have to actually find a *willing and able buyer*. 

And one does wonder if that price includes all of the stuff that will need to be done - I would imagine new carpeting or changing the floors would be a big expense with that many rooms.  Prices are all over the place on those online sites.

And then throw in the fact that Janelle is the agent (with a big fat zero under the "recent sales" heading) and, well, who knows.  It may go to some delusional fan with money to waste just to be close to their adored "stars".

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And one does wonder if that price includes all of the stuff that will need to be done - I would imagine new carpeting or changing the floors would be a big expense with that many rooms.  Prices are all over the place on those online sites.

Christine wants to take the fridge. Both the washer and dryer will need replacing if they are left. So the house will basically be gutted- less than builder grade and in shitty shape. New carpets and/or tile, new paint up and downstairs, service and/or replace the mechanicals (because you know Kody never touched them, and desert heat and hard water are extremely destructive), complete the fencing, complete landscaping if it wasn't done (and who knows how good it was done, including the irrigation- manual or electric?), etc. The walls must be a mess with a million nail holes or patches. But I am sure we will shown an episode or two with Janelle showing houses to potential buyers (probably just friends of theirs) and lots of "offers" coming in.

• Love 4
(edited)

The houses seem to be at the top end of the price scale for the community.  At the price they expect, buyers are looking for luxe touches.  Those homes were built with the narrowest possible baseboards and door casements, no casings around windows or sills, no mantles on fireplaces, basic light fixtures and as mentioned, the cheapest of broadloom and probably tiles.  Aside from the granite counter tops, the whole interiors scream 'poverty package'.  No matter where they are priced, buyers will mentally deduct several thousands of dollars for the cost and inconvenience of upgrading.  Pity the painter that has to fill all the holes left behind when Meri removes all her inspirational plaques that keep her motivated enough to get through each day.

There is only so much of a premium their loyal fans would pay to be able to say..."oh this is where scene....., episode......was filmed".  Although, some may ask Meri to leave the candles around her bathtub, so they could recreate that infamous bubble bath scene.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 8

Just think of the extra wear and tear on the carpets from the camera crews and production people. I don't even want to see what those stairs look like. Filming in a home, as opposed to a sound stage, is cramped. I bet there are a few holes, nicks and dings from equipment hitting walls and wood. Meri's house would be the only one in half-way decent shape since she is a clean freak and most of the rooms had minimal use. Except for the wall holes, as mentioned.

• Love 4

So, they are asking over $600 thou for homes that need a lot of work done??

Damn, in my area, over half a million buys a new luxe home, or an older one that has been renovated with high end finishes.  

And they're moving to an area with even HIGHER costs?  I'm flabbergasted.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Both of these are items that are never part of the house sale or rental.  Unless it is a high end or luxury home.

If memory serves the appliances were all included in the home purchase and added to the mortgage.  

1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Both of these are items that are never part of the house sale or rental. 

Huh. I have bought and sold four homes and never moved the refrigerator and only moved the washer/dryer once. New buyers always wanted to buy them with the house and I was happy to buy new ones.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Huh. I have bought and sold four homes and never moved the refrigerator and only moved the washer/dryer once. New buyers always wanted to buy them with the house and I was happy to buy new ones.

Yeah, I've always rented and never had to provide my own fridge. Always came with the place.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Both of these are items that are never part of the house sale or rental.  Unless it is a high end or luxury home.

Is that a local thing?  Because that's always part of the deal here.  Appliances are expected to be left unless there is a stipulation about them not being included in the sale.  And it normally is not.

8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

If memory serves the appliances were all included in the home purchase and added to the mortgage.  

Didn't they even have some of the window treatments added to the mortgage?

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Kohola3 said:

Um, well, unless you've overheard the snarky comments.  

Conveyance of appliances like washers and refrigerators are usually a regional thing. In Virginia they both usually convey, when I sold houses in California, they did not. 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:13 AM, Kohola3 said:

Not everyone is comfortable confronting strangers, especially in this day and age when people end up getting killed over comments!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Didn't they even have some of the window treatments added to the mortgage?

Blinds IIRC. Freakin' blinds. At a premium price, no doubt. So the Big Kahuna didn't have to install them. 

• Love 8