Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I just don't understand why Meri doesn't recognize that she is never going to be with Kootie in a sexual way again ever. It is just not going to happen as long as Robochin is around. Maybe she thinks Robochin will leave when the show is cancelled and then she can move back into #1 wife spot again??? Dream on filtered queen!

At one point Robyn was what my grandmother would call a handsome woman.  But she is not aging well.  Her neck is full, she as a perma frown, and Robyn's tear ducts don't work. And she has 5 kids, two under the age of 10.  

I'm not sure Robyn could trade up, even if she wanted to.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

At one point Robyn was what my grandmother would call a handsome woman.  But she is not aging well.  Her neck is full, she as a perma frown, and Robyn's tear ducts don't work. And she has 5 kids, two under the age of 10.  

I'm not sure Robyn could trade up, even if she wanted to.

Wouldn't take much to trade up from the ranting Kodouche!!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 13
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Meri sees it, but Robyn is her only way in.

Yes, and it’s all she has left in terms of family, or so she feels. This family has technically shut her out,  which is conveniently ignored. The fact that nobody bothered to check on her during the pandemic says it all. And I think that her relationship with her only child is complicated at best. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

Yes, and it’s all she has left in terms of family, or so she feels. This family has technically shut her out,  which is conveniently ignored. The fact that nobody bothered to check on her during the pandemic says it all. And I think that her relationship with her only child is complicated at best. 

Did they shut her out, or did she shut herself out?

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Yeah, Mer, I live for advice from Plastic Woman.

Only her clothes are. She does filter herself to appear plastic (which is also why she needs to remove “LoveWhoIAm” from her hashtags— it’s kinda obvious that she doesn’t). 

• Like 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes, it's not like she can have a shoulder replacement. 

I think the point is that she filters her head to the point that it makes her shoulders enormous.  Nobody can help their build but they can cut back on the shrink filter a bit.  She looks like ZIppy the Pinhead.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I think the point is that she filters her head to the point that it makes her shoulders enormous.  Nobody can help their build but they can cut back on the shrink filter a bit.  She looks like ZIppy the Pinhead.

People comment abut her lumbering like a bear and her linebacker shoulders even when she has not filtered her face. I get it..I guess.. I just am uncomfortable making fun of something that she has no control over. I do understand I am in the minority on this. 

• Like 7
  • Love 5

The only nice thing I can say about Meri is that she isn’t selling poisonous plexus. Lula no might be overpriced and ugly but it’s not poison.

of course maybe she is not selling plexus because she didn’t join at the beginning and will not be making money.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

"My advice: Walk through the doors that open up for you.  Don't see one?  Pivot and find one!"

Even her inspirational quotes imply passivity and victimhood.  She should be the #StrongWoman who opens the door, if not breaks it down so others can enter, too.  She almost sounds like she's looking for automatic doors and doormen, as if she can't open a door herself.  #NotMakingItHappen

• Like 6
  • Love 1

How often is Meri pivoting to check to see if Kody's door has an enter sign on it? Not that I think Meri's total existence is miserable, but I think she'd give it all up if she found Kody's door open.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
10 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I think the point is that she filters her head to the point that it makes her shoulders enormous.  

And the cut of the square-bodied round-neck T-shirts she loves accentuate her shoulders even more. Try a V-neck with 3/4 sleeves, that isn't made out of polyesther replica 1970s couch fabric, Meri.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 6
14 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Meri is a sturdy gal nothing wrong with that 

It wouldn’t be problematic if she didn’t filter herself skinny so often — mostly it’s her face, but in some photos she’s filtered her body so much the background in the photo was warped (bent doorframes, warped trees). I can’t stand when people filter themselves yet do nothing about it in real life. If she wants to be thin, she could put in the work.

Edited to Add: I’m a large framed person so I “get” it, big shoulders suck. I’m a size 8 and if I gained weight, I would have similar issues with shoulders.

If I don’t like the way a body part looks, I try to fix it (toning, sculpting, dialing in nutrition), not filter and be fake. I don’t know why Meri does it, we all see her on the show and she looks nothing like her filtered, doctored photos. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Its sad because manufacturers define beauty. Key words are young, slim, smooth. We are inundated with ads (and the generation before us) tellling us young faces and bodies are more desirable than old faces and bodies. We are told slim is better than curvy and smooth is better than wrinkly. No one is immune to this without concerted effort.

Right now we're told painted on eyebrows are supposed to be beautiful, which Meri obviously ascribes to. 

Why do phones have filters for humans? So everyone can make themselves young, slim and smooth.

Don't get me wrong, I think Meri's use of filters are hilarious and sad, and still snark worthy, but she is falling prey to societal constructs. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Applause 10
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Its sad because manufacturers define beauty. Key words are young, slim, smooth. We are inundated with ads (and the generation before us) tellling us young faces and bodies are more desirable than old faces and bodies. We are told slim is better than curvy and smooth is better than wrinkly. No one is immune to this without concerted effort.

Right now we're told painted on eyebrows are suppose to be beautiful, which Meri obviously ascribes to. 

Why do phones have filters for humans? So everyone can make themselves young, slim and smooth.

Don't get me wrong, I think Meri's use of filters are hilarious and sad, but still snark worthy, but she is falling prey to societal constructs. 

And yet everyone sees how she actually looks on the show. Everyone KNOWS she doesn’t look like that, so why does she do it? Why doesn’t she just go to a plastic surgeon and get fixed what she doesn’t like? Or hit it at the gym versus using filters? I’m guessing it’s the lazy way to fake an improvement in appearance. If she wants it that bad, she could get it IRL. 

There’s actually a trend on TikTok where people share their normal selves and then their “catfish” version (take note Meri). Using filters is falling out of favour but guessing by Meri’s 1980s eyeliner, it’ll take her a while to catch on. 

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

And yet everyone sees how she actually looks on the show. Everyone KNOWS she doesn’t look like that, so why does she do it? Why doesn’t she just go to a plastic surgeon and get fixed what she doesn’t like? Or hit it at the gym versus using filters? I’m guessing it’s the lazy way to fake an improvement in appearance. If she wants it that bad, she could get it IRL. 

There’s actually a trend on TikTok where people share their normal selves and then their “catfish” version (take note Meri). Using filters is falling out of favour but guessing by Meri’s 1980s eyeliner, it’ll take her a while to catch on. 

First I would say Meri is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Then I would guess she wants her pictures on her IG to 'look good', much like the best photos put in an album. Unless one is a hermit, someone, usually a lot of someones, know what they look like IRL - without filters or without make-up. Other than noses, facial plastic surgery is a costly extreme, IMO, and from my little circle of the world a rarity. Going to the gym is not going to change Meri's face, at least not in a way filters do.

For the most part I'm fine with the way I look, but if I post a pic on FB, I pick a (filterless) flattering one. And... I still get shocked every once in a while when I catch a glimpse of that older woman who reflects back to me in store windows, lol.

TikTok may be trending a filter-free look, but as long as the world continues to sell young, slim and smooth, consumers will continue to try to look that way.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 8
  • Love 3

I agree w/ @TurtlePower, I could care less that she is "fluffy", that isn't the point. She filters herself so much on social media its actually comical. When confronted, she blocks people. She keeps saying the "real Meri", um no, if you are keeping it real, you don't filter your pictures. I honestly don't know what she is trying to prove by doing that when clearly she does not look like that in real time.

• Like 4
  • Love 10
On 8/17/2022 at 2:20 AM, crazycatlady58 said:

People comment abut her lumbering like a bear and her linebacker shoulders even when she has not filtered her face. I get it..I guess.. I just am uncomfortable making fun of something that she has no control over. I do understand I am in the minority on this. 

I totally see where you’re coming from and as a rule I fully agree. However…

She may have no control over her body and how she looks but she does have full control over how she presents herself on social media, and she’s doing a very poor job there!

If she showed herself like she truly was, we wouldn’t be that harsh as we all understand how hard it is to maintain a good and healthy figure/body weight as we get older. But she posts a lot of odd photos that are so badly filtered that the result is hilarious. And that’s what posters are making fun of.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

What exactly is @Danelledelgado's job... too tired to search the thread...

She's an inspirational speaker and, I am sure, the source of all of Meri's rambling postings.  Meri's not bright enough to come up with useless word salad on a daily basis.

Edited by Cetacean
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Didn’t photoshop that out 

A6CE429A-3B14-456A-AB7D-F59DC7F30757.jpeg

That jumped out at me too. If she hadn't over-filtered her face, I probably wouldn't have noticed. When one part looks decades younger, the rest looks decades older.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
On 8/16/2022 at 8:20 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

I’m one of those who likes picking at Meri for her lumbering because I think she’s a bully. We’ve seen her be cruel even towards her clients, so I let her have it quite often (especially bullies like Meri who think they’re wonderful).

I can’t stand fake-ass, mean people. The more posts she puts out there with “strong woman”,  “brave”, “survivor” and “look at MEEEEE” crap — all while she’s part of this predatory company — the more she bothers me. She’s just so fake she doesn’t know what real is anymore. She believes her own bullshit until she’s called out and guess what, WALLS (brave, huh).

She’s run away from and squirmed her way out of so many things. She runs away, but it’ll always catch up with her because she is afraid to deal with her bullshit. And then she’s mean! I just can’t with people like that. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I’m one of those who likes picking at Meri for her lumbering because I think she’s a bully. We’ve seen her be cruel even towards her clients, so I let her have it quite often (especially bullies like Meri who think they’re wonderful).

I can’t stand fake-ass, mean people. The more posts she puts out there with “strong woman”,  “brave”, “survivor” and “look at MEEEEE” crap — all while she’s part of this predatory company — the more she bothers me. She’s just so fake she doesn’t know what real is anymore. She believes her own bullshit until she’s called out and guess what, WALLS (brave, huh).

She’s run away from and squirmed her way out of so many things. She runs away, but it’ll always catch up with her because she is afraid to deal with her bullshit. And then she’s mean! I just can’t with people like that. 

I'm onboard with your train of thought Turtlepower.  While Meri has no control over her bone structure and resultant gait, she does have control over her demeanor.

It seems to me that the role of first wife should be that of mentor and guide.  Had she not bullied Janelle or ridiculed Christine, she may still be firmly entrenched as HBIC, and there would have been no need to bring Robyn in to the fold.

Meri is the author of her own misfortune.

• Like 2
  • Love 11

You must have an Instagram account to tune in for Meri’s podcast, right?  I was actually considering checking it out, just out of curiosity, but, I recently watched a portion of it by using a link someone posted upthread.  I must say that it was rather odd.  As it starts out, there’s a lot of talk about how proud they are that their pod cast is about nothing…..all the talk that the upcoming talk being about nothing was tedious and ruined my buzz!  Lol.  Just start talking about nothing and dispense with bragging on the fact. I guess it’s not in the cards for me to watch it.  Plus, I’m east coast and it doesn’t come on here until 10:00 p.m. Does she make money from it?

• Like 4
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I just happened to take the picture when the text was on “crazy”. 🤣

5A054C15-379A-4AB7-B5C3-7B55368ED133.jpeg

“Super Humans”? 🙄🤔

These people don’t come to mind when I think of super humans. Big wall rescuers dangling out of a helicopter come to mind. The local competition-winning ocean lifeguards come to mind. Let’s add Navy Seals to the list of super humans.

LuLaTwerps do not come to mind.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Hell, even paramedics, law enforcement, teachers, firefighters, and animal shelter workers make my list of super humans.

Maybe they are taking into account super grifting or their super level of BS as something to emulate.  LuLaTwerps (tm TurtlePower) you are most definitely not I anyone want to see, hear, or know anything about.  You are super full of shit.

Edited by Cetacean
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

A thought…

Could it be that Meri really is past Kody? And that her desperate fawning over him is all for the show?

I don’t know but Meri is just so full of herself and happy to share all amazing parts of her life, and Kody is never a part of it in any way, nor does she ever make a reference to him on SM. As a said, just a thought…

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

A thought…

Could it be that Meri really is past Kody? And that her desperate fawning over him is all for the show?

I don’t know but Meri is just so full of herself and happy to share all amazing parts of her life, and Kody is never a part of it in any way, nor does she ever make a reference to him on SM. As a said, just a thought…

You could be right and if that is the case, girls raised in the polygamous lifestyle have even less self respect than I thought possible. 

I would feel a failure as a mother if my daughter publicly humiliated herself the way Meri has done, all for the love of money.  It certainly wouldn't be to ensure that the program continued for the benefit of Kody, Robyn, Janelle and the rest of the family, Meri simply isn't that self sacrificing.

Or, another thought...

Maybe she still holds faint hope that by showing Kody what a resounding success she can be without him, it may arouse some inclination in him to hitch his wagon to her star.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Sandy W said:

You could be right and if that is the case, girls raised in the polygamous lifestyle have even less self respect than I thought possible. 

I would feel a failure as a mother if my daughter publicly humiliated herself the way Meri has done, all for the love of money.  It certainly wouldn't be to ensure that the program continued for the benefit of Kody, Robyn, Janelle and the rest of the family, Meri simply isn't that self sacrificing.

Or, another thought...

Maybe she still holds faint hope that by showing Kody what a resounding success she can be without him, it may arouse some inclination in him to hitch his wagon to her star.

It feels more like this to me. Meri has shown the “me me me” and brag-level of a middle schooler. Maybe she thinks if she can show how successful she is on her own, she’ll come across as less needy (and that’s not working because fishing for compliments and bragging is just as bad).

I still think she’s staying and hanging on in the hopes of being pulled back into the circle. Sadly, that ship has sailed and sunk deeper than the Titanic, and Meri wrote her own ticket there. 

• Love 5

So, Meri seemed absent from Michelle's bridal party, as was Robyn.  They may not have been invited, which says all about the present family relationships.....

Of course it could also be that they were invited but declined. I'd say you need a pretty damn good excuse to decline an invitation from your* future daughter in law. A training in Denver doesn't qualify as a good excuse to me. Why Robyn isn't there? I don't know, probably because Ari and Sol need their mom...

I'm starting to believe that it's not just the happy marriage bubbles that have burst within that family. All kids seem to have sided with one or two parents and discarded the rest, which is probably due to a lack of interest some co-parents showed to the kids anyways.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Meri did a Sunday with friends from Vegas (they were at an ASD trade show) she posted it 23 hours ago.  Michelle commented on it 6 hours ago, no reply from Meri as of now.

6500AED0-8DC4-4009-8349-1CFDD23B97E1.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
On 8/20/2022 at 5:54 PM, Sandy W said:

Perhaps her pocketbook, but not her body. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3