Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: The Shades Of It All

• Start Topic

I actually found Pheadra funny in her THs, especially when she did her imitation of the tongues spoken by Sheree and Marlo on their trip to Africa, which now seems was so long ago. I especially was glad to see that phony laugh was gone, you know the one she used whenever NeeNee said anything. Kenya's air mattress and Chateau, she can't pay lines had me dying. Cynthia even made me laugh although I am having a senior moment at this moment and can't remember what she exactly said. LOL. Anyhou, didn't miss "Bloop" not one bit.

Edited by lasandi
  • Love 1

Being as high as a Georgia pine is a favorite saying of my friends during our high school days. :)

Peter is now saying how much he loves Cynthia, but I think it's more of how much he loves her paycheck. He's looking like he's been rode hard and put away wet.

As my Dad would say, those streets, i.e., the partying lifestyle will age you.  You just know Peter has been wilding out in Charlotte trying to keep up with Kordell.  I wonder who he thinks is going to pay for that apartment in Charlotte that he would like to rent.  If I were Cynthia, I would have his packed bags sitting next to the driveway waiting for him. 

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 5

I think Porsha might pad her butt. She and Phaedra and Sheree and Tootie were in my office in September in WDC and her ass wasn't nearly as big as it has been on TV. Sheree, however, was looking kind of shabby and like she's not at all as tough as she tries to play on TV. Her clothes seemed cheap. Aiden was a doll. He is very polite and quite personable. Phaedra's doing a really good job. Tootie's oldest son is sweet and seems very smart. The youngest one was crying and wingeing the whole time.

• Love 3

Ok are Kandi and Todd planning to drag this "thousands of dollars owed" thing out all season? Because the answer is so simple, in fact it is right there in their garage. JUST SELL APOLLO'S STUFF! Why are you holding his stuff and then giving Phaedra a hard time about money? It makes absolutely no sense.

• Love 6

Ok are Kandi and Todd planning to drag this "thousands of dollars owed" thing out all season? Because the answer is so simple, in fact it is right there in their garage. JUST SELL APOLLO'S STUFF! Why are you holding his stuff and then giving Phaedra a hard time about money? It makes absolutely no sense.

Phaedra and Apollo made these videos together, so why didn't Todd pester Apollo for the money before he went into prison? He had no problems going to strip clubs with a theif/liar/convicted criminal that reoffended but doesn't ask him to pay up and then wants his wife to ask Phaedra AFTER Apollo is gone? 1 word for Todd, COWARD!

• Love 9

Kenya really doesn't know Sheree so why start crap for no reason?

It's because starting crap for no reason is Kenya's MO.  She knows its what the powers that be want from her and she delivers.  Plus, it gave her a chance to deliver her Sheree snarky lines that she's probably been dying to say ever since she found out Sheree was coming back on the show.  She wouldn't have been able to say those things if she was friends with Sheree.  I think if Nene was still on the show Kenya would have embraced Sheree like a long lost sister since she knows Nene and Sheree are mortal enemies now.  But since Nene isn't there, Kenya is more than happy to step in and fill her role when it comes to Sheree.  Kenya is so fakety fake I can't stand looking at her!

As for why Cynthia was so upset about the video being out there more than Peachter cheating?  Simple, what goes around-comes around.  She brandished Phaedra for cheating and now Karma is a big fat B---.

When Cynthia told Phaedra at the reunion that she knew Apollo was cheating on Phaedra for a long time I cringed!  But Cynthia needs to realize that Peter was hitting the strip clubs with Apollo most of the time so why would she think Apollo is cheating but Peter is a saint?  Cynthia really does need to wear her "Big Dummy" shirt because she's really looking like one this season.  Yes, Karma is a big fat B----! 

Edited by swankie
  • Love 5

I am bringing this over from The People's Couch forum because it's too funny not to share. Their comments on this episode:

Real Housewives of Atlanta

Emerson: Cynthia got the middle peach!

Scott: Escandelo!

About Peter

Amanda: You disrespectful, bald, disgusting, wanna think you can have anything better than me nasty son-of-a-bitch!

Kenya: Ow! She said it!

Zeno mom: She finished Chateu Sheree?

Zeno dad: I would hope so, dammit! ... Noooo uh!

RHOA Kenya: "The neighbors have a lot to say about Chateau 'she can't pay'"

Scott: There's so much real estate shade going on!

RHOA Kenya: "Let me take you on a tour..."

Julie: .. Of the old slaughterhouse.

Emerson: Oh! That was not a good oh! Oh Kenya honey, no.

In response to Kenya's house comment to Sheree:

Zeno dad: Don't do that Kenya. Don't do that! Not when we just did a drive by to your crib! Don't do that!

Scott: I can't believe we didn't see Tootie!

Emerson: They gotta save, it would have been too much.

Scott: It is NEVER too much for Tootie

• Love 12

Finally got around to watching last night. I didn't even realize this was back on. I FF commercials so often, I never really see promos anymore. 

Anyhow, not missing Nene one bit. She used to be my favorite, but she got so far above herself and had become not only an egotistical mess, but just flat out boring. Last night was plenty entertaining without her. 

Kenya. I don't like Kenya, she is a shit stirrer extraordinaire, but damn if she didn't have me rolling. She obviously went after Sheree because she's here to earn her peach, damnit! Her comments about Sheree having to come over and borrow money, not sugar, and sleeping on an air mattress? Dead. I was dead! 

I will be curious to see if she really turns her broke down house around in 3 months, though. 

Porsha and her new guy are way too much for me. Something about her, she always seems like she's trying way too hard. 

I didn't even know Kandi was pregnant, so I must be really out of the loop. Good for them. Hopefully their relationship isn't too strained this year. I do hate seeing her being in a weird place with Phaedra, though. Their friendship was the only one that ever seemed 100% genuine to me. I wish they could move past things, but with this money situation with Todd, I somehow doubt it. Is this the first time we're hearing about this, by the by? I don't remember Phaedra ever talking about that before. 

Wow, Peter caught on tape! Who would have ever thought? Bahahaha. I just can't even feel for Cynthia all that much, because it's SO obvious what a disgusting cad he is and she just sticks around for more. He never owns anything! It was so obvious there was more going on than him just trying to talk to some chick loudly in the club. But Cynthia is more mad that it put them in an awkward position than she is about what really happened. Whatever. I just really wish she'd kick him to the curb, because I'M sick of seeing him strut around like he's the best thing since sliced bread. 

• Love 4

I thought it was funny that Kandi casually mentioned "when Phaedra was pregnant with Mr. President" like that was his actual name.

Also is anyone else reminded of Kandi's dispute with Kim over Tardy for the Party? And now Todd is upset with Phaedra over her workout tape? Kandi and Todd:  you don't HAVE to do business with "friends;" and if you do, GET IT IN WRITING lol.

• Love 3

Also is anyone else reminded of Kandi's dispute with Kim over Tardy for the Party? And now Todd is upset with Phaedra over her workout tape? Kandi and Todd:  you don't HAVE to do business with "friends;" and if you do, GET IT IN WRITING lol.

Well, now that you mention it...

• Love 2

Did Phaedra do something like get implants or something?

Kenya brought that up at the last reunion, it was pretty obvious in the dress Phaedra was wearing. Those struggle titties of hers had a lot less struggle going on.

I am bringing this over from The People's Couch forum because it's too funny not to share. Their comments on this episode:

Whee! That's my post!! : )  :)

It's hard to translate without knowing the people speaking, so PLEASE do yourselves a favor and catch this episode! It sounds crazy and I thought it was the stupidest show idea ever, people watching people watch TV. One episode and I was all in. It's GENIUS. It's like the board, come to life. With snacks and pets.

Here's the clip on RHOA:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-peoples-couch/season-3/episode-6/videos/couchers-dont-hold-back-on-cynthia-and-peters-marriage

Do yourselves a favor and catch up: http://www.bravotv.com/the-peoples-couch/videos

• Love 8

I really don't understand why the response to Kenya every time she opens her mouth is "Have you found a husband yet? hmmph your eggs are getting old. Girl you better pay another man before those eggs turn to dust" That's it full stop. She's a nasty bitch that deserves to be verbally decimated every time she opens her horrible damn mouth. 

If that's all they've got ... that's she's not married (to a cheater, convict, "queen", or ancient bag carrier) and didn't birth or raise a repeat offender ... waaaallll.... Not having what they have clearly isn't the insult they'd intend it to be.

• Love 12
I think Porsha might pad her butt. She and Phaedra and Sheree and Tootie were in my office in September in WDC and her ass wasn't nearly as big as it has been on TV. Sheree, however, was looking kind of shabby and like she's not at all as tough as she tries to play on TV. Her clothes seemed cheap. Aiden was a doll. He is very polite and quite personable. Phaedra's doing a really good job. Tootie's oldest son is sweet and seems very smart. The youngest one was crying and wingeing the whole time.

What the hell?  Her backside and figure looked great, untill she decided to add clown sized boods and now a fake butt.  I remember how good she looked her first season.

I just have to ask, have either Kendra or Sheree moved into their houses... since filming was completed a while ago.

I think Peter is a no account man.  However, I think the video was planned so Cynthia would be guaranteed a peach this season.  She seems wierdly okay with the whole thing.  I doubt they have any other streams of valid income besides this show.

• Love 1

I missed this episode and Fios does not have it On Demand.  This is disturbing to me. I spend weeks watching the previous seasons to be all caught up on RHAtlanta history and mythology. Anyway... I find I don't care for Porsha (dumber than rocks and keeps getting stripper surgery-- she is just venal). Shocked Kandee is still married (I still have not seen NeNe & Kandee's weddings, nor Kandee's Ski Trip). I hated Phadra at first, then she grew on me. But this whole hating on Kenya because she flirted with Apollo made me scratch my head and I wanted to yell "He goes to the strip club and pays out your hard earned money for lap dances by naked women the whole day long as his biggest hobby!!!!!!" I can't stand any of the huzzbinns. Greg was creepy the last season. Todd was checked out. Apollo was a lying liar and these stupid people kept believing him so the whole Mr. Chocolate.. from Kenya's position was sweet karma on Phae but her tears about being called a whore? Pure Hollywood. I don't know why NeNe gets more offers for acting gigs when Kenya acts circles around her. I liked Claudia Jordan and thought she was gorgeous, funny and quick on her feet. She served. I thought the standup/shock comedy was a bad idea.  I think she would have been a good talk show host -- better than Bethenny. I watch some clips on Bravo-- the Peter Picture Show and don't know why Cynthia still is married to him (duh, probably can't afford a lawyer and court filing fees since he has sucked her dry). The way he was refuting reality made me wonder if he was abusing/gas lighting her. That was some David Beador shit. I didn't really trust the whole Sheree chateau convo-- it seemed kind of chopped up but hell, usually the first fight makes tight friends a few episodes in after the apology lunch and bonding with hatred for someone else. Kenya certainly can't possibly be threatened by her so I think they will find a common frenemy in Porsha (who scared me with hair enough for five people last season). 

• Love 3

Apollo's stuff is at everyone's house because Phaedra doesn't want property purchased with ill-gotten gains at her house. Either that, or Apollo doesn't want the property found and then sold off to pay restitution.

Cynthia seems to have some type of social anxiety. Isn't she always late to events? The bathing suit was an odd choice but Cynthia does a poor job of dressing herself. She is gorgeous but chooses the strangest things to wear. She needs to post her event invitation on the mirror and then dress to it. She looked the most stunning in her wedding dress. In that, she was unforgettable.

• Love 3

Marlo and Sheree's mating call argument in South Africa will always be funny.  Highlight of the episode was the flashback to that trip.

Did Kenya say that her house will be ready in three months? That sounds like a rush job. Maybe it's because I grew up in the city, so I don't have an appreciation for acres, but I don't like wooded area secluded homes. Seems like a horror movie setup.

Shades of that Tom Hanks/Shelley Long classic "The Money Pit"

The contractor keeps telling them all the work will be done "in two weeks" and like 8 months later its done

• Love 3

Apollo doesn't want the property found and then sold off to pay restitution.

I can easily imagine Apollo, stopping by his friends to say goodbye, revealing texts of Mr. Chocolate, getting some sympathy.  Then all of a sudden. ..."Can you hold on to this for  me."

• Love 9

Kenya needs to accept the fact that Shere´s house is a chateau and it´s gorgeous. I never liked Sheree that much but I´m happy for her to actually have a half finished chateau by now. Never expected there to be anything more than a lot and maybe a hole.

I always find that the first episode of RHoA in the last couple of seasons seems somehow epic and the start of something great, sometimes though the season will fizzle out and become boring. I really liked the start of this one, I don´t miss Nene and I love having Porsha back, she´s so cute. And Kenya just gets more and more stunning. And trust her to not dial down the crazy anytime soon (I hope).

RHOA is the only housewives show that I don´t remember really hating anyone on, I mean I´ve had mixed feelings for all of them, especially Nene, but there hasn´t been a real villain like the other franchises have.

Having said that, I really hope Cynthia kicks Peter out and gets a nice man, that would be my dream story-line. I also hope Phaedra doesn´t suffer people that say she is being unfair to Apollo by not dragging their kids to a jail every month, I´m very happy for Kandi and Todd but they are so dead wrong in the way they have sided with Apollo.

• Love 3

What I loved, loved, LOVED is the editing of Peter at Cynthia's eyewear party to look as if, and probably truly is, just drifting around the big crowd unnoticed and friendless. I would normally pity a person shown as a social outcast/pariah, but since this is Peter....I watched that scene with glee.

• Love 4

Is it OK to post Sheree's response?

Now as a smart business woman, instead of being all up in someone else's business, she should have inquired about the home she purchased in the flood plain. She should have asked the so-called neighbors, “Is my house really sinking off the back hill? What should I do about this cracked foundation? How long has all of this mold been here? It's everywhere! How many floods can and have this house sustained?

Should I keep scuba gear on deck? Why have there been so many buyers in the last year or two? Should I just start from scratch and tear this down? How will my guest get down my driveway without injuring themselves? Should I take Shereè some cookies? I heard she likes chocolate chip cookies!” I could go on, but no need, I'm sure you get the point. There are so many other questions or conversations that should have been had with the so-called "neighbors"! Girl, bye.

As a woman who took on an enormous project with my family and clearly got in way over my head, I would have thought that this is the one thing that we would have in common as two women delving into major construction projects and that we could possibly learn from our mistakes, help support and guide each other, and share our hiccups and mishaps so the other could possibly avoid them. What was I thinking about with this one? Silly me!

#ChateauSheree vs #MoldManor

#Ditch

#MyHouseIsStructural lySound

#Unfinished

#IveImprovedProperty Values

#RainSleetOrSnowICan ComeOrGo

#ThatDrivewayIsADeat hTrap

#BeCareful

#BuyerBeware

#ShereeIsBack

#TheReturnOfSheree

#WhoGonCheckMeBoo

Twitter: @Iamsheree

Instagram: @shereeWhitfield

I don't care what anyone says, Sheree gives me life LOL.

• Love 12

I just had a thought I´d like to share, it´s about Phaedra owing money to Todd for the video. What if, and it´s just like a tiny possibility, what if she thinks that Apollo paid him? Maybe Apollo told her that he was going to pay Todd, Phaedra said ok and then Apollo spent the money at a strip club. It´s not far-fetched, unlikely but it would be typical Apollo...

• Love 7

I always thought Atalanta felt like the "realest" of the Housewife franchise but something seemed off this episode. So much of the dialogue seemed forced and fake. Did everyone forget how to at over the summer? Were they being fed a lot of lines to help set up the storylines for the season? Whatever it was, it was noticeable and awkward.

When I saw this episode I thought "I'll have to jump on the forums to see if people know who the men were that were talking when Sheree and Marlo were greeting each other!" Imagine my surprise when I found out it was Sheree and Marlo. What the hell?

I think Kandi looks very pretty this season. Pregnancy agrees with her. Her clothes are still awful.

Todd continues to annoy me. If that money was so important to him he should have talked to Apollo about it while they were at the strip club. I'm inclined to dislike Todd because he took Apollo's side during all the ugliness with Phaedra. I don't really care for Phaedra but Apollo treated her terribly and I had to feel some sympathy for her. Now Todd is storing Apollo's stuff in his garage? Yuck.

What can be said about Peter that hasn't already been said? Now that is a marriage that I just don't understand at all. Cynthia is such a catch and Peter is ... Peter. What's keeping the two of them together?

• Love 4

I believe that Apollo's stuff in Todd's garage is another of the fake setups that these shows do to create conflict and drama. Otherwise, as soon as the FBI or whoever saw this show, they'd be all over Todd & Kandi's house, removing the contents as part of the restitution that Apollo owes.

Think about it.

• Love 1

I believe that Apollo's stuff in Todd's garage is another of the fake setups that these shows do to create conflict and drama. Otherwise, as soon as the FBI or whoever saw this show, they'd be all over Todd & Kandi's house, removing the contents as part of the restitution that Apollo owes.

Think about it.

I'm not so sure about that, they didn't liquidate the Giudice property, so it is just as likely that they wouldn't take Apollo's either.

How much did Apollo owe? And those other people had a shitload more property and posessions. All Apollo had was the pool table and his car (which may have been in Phaedra's name), etc.

Teresa/Joe owed money on everything! LOL The Goverment took nothing, they still owe the Feds about $240K that was supposed to have been paid BEFORE Teresa went to prison, (I think they are supposed to be making payments on that amount now) but .............who knows as they don't have a steady income/$$$. IMO, they, the Feds, should have taken the Giudice property and they should take anything with Apollo's name on it as well and fine anyone for hiding his property as well. LOL

• Love 3