Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I guess that's the Quentin crossover to LoT.  

According to the gravestone, Laurel dies in 2016, when she's 30 or 31 years old (depending on her birthday month), which makes her the same age as Oliver.

Maybe Quentin is the one who takes her to the hospital, thereby preserving the rest of the team's secret identities.

For all we know, Star City erects a statue to Black Canary to stand in City Hall (as their beacon of hope).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I can't see why they would put The Black Canary on her gravestone unless the whole team is outed before she dies or someone wants the world to believe The Black Canary is dead.  Or it's a different timeline.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Malcolm outs the team.  He looks pissed at Thea in the promo.  Who knows, he could do it because he "cares"?

Why does the whole team have to be outed? 

Laurel gets injured in the field as Black Canary, it's severe enough that whoever is with her - Quentin, the team, whoever - takes her to the hospital in her costume. The rest of them can be there in theirs, but they're going to unmask her at some point. Once her identity is out, what's the point? She'll probably have died a hero, and stupid as it is - might as well put it on there at that point.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 12

I wouldn't be surprised if Malcolm outs the team.  He looks pissed at Thea in the promo.  Who knows, he could do it because he "cares"?

Eh, Malcolm is a wanted murderer.  I don't think he'll put himself out there for that kind of thing. He would have to do it anonymously and who would believe him? What would he accomplish by doing that? I don't see that happening. 

I think outing Black Canary would out GA and Speedy.  They already have some video evidence of Oliver changing clothes back in s1 or s2, unless Quentin destroyed that. I think it wouldn't be hard to put all the pieces together personally.

Edited by catrox14

If I wanted to out them I'd tell a bunch of reporters or the police where they can find their secret lair and at what time they can find them all down there. It can be an anonymous tip. Not that hard. I don't think it will happen, I was just imagining how it could happen.

Btw no one thought about investigating Roy's friends when he was outed as the Arrow, LOL

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 6

Maybe they are putting "Black Canary" on the grave to shelve any and all conversations about whether Sara can ever be it since the show and tombstone are acknowledging Laurel as one and only "Black Canary". Just like "The Arrow" died and is now presumably another person to those blind folks of Star City and that person is now fighting the city's crime under the name of "The Green Arrow". Maybe the show is trying to spare their Twitter mentions, Tumblr pages and any other SM outlet of theirs from being overrun with inquiries!

*I don't read comics so there probably were other Black Canaries but for the purpose of my post I'm referring strictly to Dinah Laurel Lance. Since she is the one primarily recognized in the comic books. Yes, I know Arrow doesn't follow the comics but I do believe they will give the comic book fans, Laurel Lance, and Katie Cassidy this. I mean why not?*

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

Eh, Malcolm is a wanted murderer.  I don't think he'll put himself out there for that kind of thing. He would have to do it anonymously and who would believe him? What would he accomplish by doing that? I don't see that happening. 

I think outing Black Canary would out GA and Speedy.  They already have some video evidence of Oliver changing clothes back in s1 or s2, unless Quentin destroyed that. I think it wouldn't be hard to put all the pieces together personally.

He could give anonymous tip to news agencies without giving himself up.  He knows enough about the team, so reporters would have a pretty good lead.  Not sure why he would, but he is capable.  You had mentioned in a previous post about them getting outed - so I just provided a probable source.  Personally, I don't think they will get outed.

Edited by ComicFan777

I think the show probably will do a 'out the whole team and deal with the consequences' story arc but I don't think it will be this season. Eventually though.

I was wondering, do you think Oliver will think Andy is a traitor and Diggle will turn around and be like 'Oh, I know all about him meeting up with Malcolm, he told me' or is Andy just gonna be an actual traitor now? I could see it going either way tbh.

• Love 2

If I wanted to out them I'd tell a bunch of reporters or the police where they can find their secret lair and at what time they can find them all down there. It can be an anonymous tip. Not that hard. I don't think it will happen, I was just imagining how it could happen.

Btw no one thought about investigating Roy's friends when he was outed as the Arrow, LOL

Roy wasn't an Assistant District Attorney who's father was a police captain and was lifetime friends/frienemies with the Queen family. I think they would look at her a lot more closely

Roy wasn't an Assistant District Attorney who's father was a police captain and was lifetime friends/frienemies with the Queen family. I think they would look at her a lot more closely

But they put him in jail as the Arrow. Who cares about what he did in his everyday life? They knew the Arrow wasn't working alone, logically they should have gone after the people in his life who could be his team members.

I like to believe that Star City will take this as a reason to investigate just what's up with the Star City District Atttorney's office, and come to the conclusion that four years of killing off and kidnapping all of the DAs and having to watch the city's least competent ADA continually get assigned to high profile cases sent the whole department off the deep end which explains why the ADA was running around at night with a costume.

• Love 18

I was wondering, do you think Oliver will think Andy is a traitor and Diggle will turn around and be like 'Oh, I know all about him meeting up with Malcolm, he told me' or is Andy just gonna be an actual traitor now? I could see it going either way tbh.

I wonder if Andy is how they find out that Malcolm is breaking DD out of jail - maybe he uses that as proof that he is a good guy - when he is questionable at best.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 2

The citizens of Star City are deeply stupid. It wouldn't shock me at all if they couldn't figure out the Team after Laurel is unmasked.

I agree that the poeple of Starling City can be dumb. But, in the denizens of SC's defense, should Laurel actually be outed as Black Canary (and it looks like she will be since they put it in her headstone and everything), they have no real reason to suspect Oliver and company are BC's co-vigilantes since Oliver, Diggle, Thea, and Felicity were all publicly kidnapped in their civilian personas then Green Arrow and Black Canary saved them from Darhk after the Christmas Party. And Thea was so sick that she was brought to the hospital in a comatose state right after Roy/Red Arrow had just been seen with GA, BC, and Spartan. The evidence against them all are a bit circumstantial, really. So, plausible deniability.

• Love 9

But they put him in jail as the Arrow. Who cares about what he did in his everyday life? They knew the Arrow wasn't working alone, logically they should have gone after the people in his life who could be his team members.

I know. But Roy Harper is a nobody in Star City. He dated Thea Queen but he wasn't in the society pages with her. He was from the Glades so no one cared about him. I could fanwank that they assumed Roy's contacts would be Glades hooligans. Not anyone important.

Laurel Lance, is important enough to research.

• Love 1

People want her to die as the Black Canary. That's the point of killing a mask-to be able to kill a comic mask. Go big or go home. They already did the secret burial for Sara's Canary. So what else is there?

• Love 7

Maybe Thea is elsewhere when Laurel is killed.  She's the person most closely tied to Laurel and Roy is presumably dead.  With Thea in the clear, it's doubtful that people would look to Laurel's ex boyfriend of 9 years ago even if they are friendly in public.

If the LoA is disbanded, why is Malcolm wearing the suit?  I know he has other clothes, I've seen him in them.  Is he going to re-form the League or take over HIVE?

For all we know, Star City erects a statue to Black Canary to stand in City Hall (as their beacon of hope).

I actually like that idea.  There were a lot of problems with the character but she did spent 3 seasons (I'm leaving out s2) trying to make the city better. (Better her than Rob Ford, I say.)

Edited by statsgirl

They just put a lot of money into building that new Arrow Cave for this season. I don't think they're going to throw that away by having the lair or the team outed so quickly. Yes, in the real world people would probably be able to make the connection, but this is Star City, where the news put up the picture of the Green Arrow and Oliver Queen practically side by side and no one made the connection, not even super smart Curtis.

• Love 10

Think about what is happening right now. Laurel is trying to prosecute DD. What better way to undermine her credibility and get his case dismissed than to out her as a vigilante?

So Darkh could out her? I can see that.

But I still think they would investigate more closely who she was allied with. I mean surely they won't believe she was acting solely alone. Not when they had The Arrow too.  

I know. But Roy Harper is a nobody in Star City. He dated Thea Queen but he wasn't in the society pages with her. He was from the Glades so no one cared about him. I could fanwank that they assumed Roy's contacts would be Glades hooligans. Not anyone important.

Laurel Lance, is important enough to research.

But it's not really how justice works..even if you suppose a band of vigilantes is made of hooligans you still have to investigate to find out who they are. The police doesn't only investigate people who are considered important, but people who are suspected to have committed crimes.

• Love 1

Sorry, I realize I could have been clearer - early morning English is a feat - but my question was whether the people that will be glad about the death had some social media plan to celebrate it. :)Still, I appreciate the input on celebratory foods and drinks. :) Alas the fact that I watch it in the morning stops me from drinking :(

Mimosa anyone?

• Love 5

So Darkh could out her? I can see that.

But I still think they would investigate more closely who she was allied with. I mean surely they won't believe she was acting solely alone. Not when they had The Arrow too.

Not necessarily. She's outed. She dies before they have the chance to question her. Quentin makes it go away.

Is that how it would work in real life? No. But this is Arrow. When have they ever let a lack of realism stop them?

• Love 6

But it's not really how justice works..even if you suppose a band of vigilantes is made of hooligans you still have to investigate to find out who they are. The police doesn't only investigate people who are considered important, but people who are suspected to have committed crimes.

IRL yes. But this Star(ling) City and they do nothing proper or normal when it comes to police procedures or legal proceedings. 

I'm saying that Laurel Lance being outed as a vigilante is going to be a big deal because she is a big(ish)deal in Star(ling) City.  Surely someone is going to have an interest in figuring out how this woman by herself became this vigilante. Sadly, no one would question how a man became a vigilante, but they will question how this particular person did it. That's where IMO someone is going to put two and two together.  Like where is the Lois Lane in Star(City) who would try to figure it out. 

The SCPD doesn't seem to really care all that much about this group of vigilantes, though. Laurel went into the police station in her BC outfit earlier this season. I don't think any of them would really be bothered to try and find out who her accomplices were, since they seem to be in good standing with the police. 

• Love 5

I'm not surprised these photos are leaking.  Arrow has always been in the "spoil in advance to build anticipation" crowd for their hardcore fans--they do it for EVERYTHING--and this fits their M/O.  I'm honestly surprised they haven't put it in a promo.

Also, I don't watch LoT, but if anyone can explain why Sara doesn't take the time machine back and undo Laurel's death--not that I want her to!--I'd appreciate it.

God, I like em dashed.

• Love 1

IRL yes. But this Star(ling) City and they do nothing proper or normal when it comes to police procedures or legal proceedings. 

I'm saying that Laurel Lance being outed as a vigilante is going to be a big deal because she is a big(ish)deal in Star(ling) City.  Surely someone is going to have an interest in figuring out how this woman by herself became this vigilante. Sadly, no one would question how a man became a vigilante, but they will question how this particular person did it. That's where IMO someone is going to put two and two together.  Like where is the Lois Lane in Star(City) who would try to figure it out.

Or maybe they'll be too worried about the dangerous criminals who broke out if jail and Darhk's plan that will probably unravel soon after the death to investigate Laurel's life.

I'm just saying outing Roy didn't lead to a search for the other team members so outing Laurel could lead to the same outcome because that's how this show is.

• Love 1

The SCPD doesn't seem to really care all that much about this group of vigilantes, though. Laurel went into the police station in her BC outfit earlier this season. I don't think any of them would really be bothered to try and find out who her accomplices were, since they seem to be in good standing with the police. 

True. But I think a journalist would be interested though.  The story of a lifetime.

I will note that just because a character is dead and buried, it doesn't mean that they'll stay that way.  As witness Sara.  Who has been time-traveling.  And could easily fill a canteen full of Lazarus Pit juice if she took a notion to do so.  Unless somebody has solid info that Katie Cassidy is for real permanently leaving the show, the grave means nothing.

I will note that just because a character is dead and buried, it doesn't mean that they'll stay that way.  As witness Sara.  Who has been time-traveling.  And could easily fill a canteen full of Lazarus Pit juice if she took a notion to do so.  Unless somebody has solid info that Katie Cassidy is for real permanently leaving the show, the grave means nothing.

The producers have said this death will stick. Whoever it is isn't coming back, specifically to bring stakes back to the show wrt death - because the Lazarus Pits and magic seemed to have taken it off the board. 

• Love 5

Or maybe they'll be too worried about the dangerous criminals who broke out if jail and Darhk's plan that will probably unravel soon after the death to investigate Laurel's life.

I'm just saying outing Roy didn't lead to a search for the other team members so outing Laurel could lead to the same outcome because that's how this show is.

I understand what you are saying. I'm saying, as sad as it is...the difference is in WHO is wearing the mask. Maybe the police won't care but someone else will. 

I don't think the police will care - I think in the Cupid episode, GA was talking to Lance with cop cars around.

However, the villains will probably care.

It probably won't matter if they are outed to the public or not, if their real identities are posted on the dark net.

I bet the Calculator could get good money selling their identities off.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 4

When Roy was outed, they made a point in the show to show the powers that be annoyed by Quentin's continued investigation into the GA.  Quentin's actions were seen as a vendetta, he alone was the one to keep pushing against the wishes of his fellow officers and uppers.  If his own daughter dies and he doesn't press the issue, there is no reason to believe the rest of the police will do so.

Now, next season.....they have lots of reason to bring a reporter on the show.  Said reporter can come on the scene in response to all the mystery surrounding the death of a masked vigilante.  Roy's death happened in "prison"....he confesssed.  Gives them a lot of "story" to build into next season.

On another note:   For MM to be the one to kill Laurel there needs to be a reason, and of all the candidates he has the least reason at the moment.  DD killing Laurel would mean his case could be reassigned to a lawyer appointed as DA/ADA by the friendly government his wife will run as mayor (but ooooops she doesn't win...and a now public death of a "hero" is out there". 
​Andy has reason if DD orders it and he wants to follow him or wants to appear to be a faithful follolwer.

• Love 1

True. But I think a journalist would be interested though.  The story of a lifetime.

No, no! I like our two news reporters! They're my favorite characters on the show! Don't encourage them to investigate and potentially get killed off like all of the DAs!!!!!!

• Love 8

So what's everyone's theories of how the death is going to actually go down? 

I am curious because I have no idea. 

What are your thoughts?

I am starting to think that Malcolm is in the lair per the photos to tell them Andy is bad news and connected to DD.  Thus Oliver knows and goes after Andy to question him, but Diggle refuses to take the word of Malcolm vs his own bro at first.  Dig v Oliver for a bit, clash of the abs..fun tv angst.

I have trouble believing DD will directly dirty his own hands with the murder of LL/BC.  DD has a minion (Andy) who has drunk the kool aid.  Will Diggle love be enough to detox the Kool-Aid or was Andy always and still undercover for someone else and need to kill to maintain said cover, or was Murmur brought back at this time to do the deed.

No, no! I like our two news reporters! They're my favorite characters on the show! Don't encourage them to investigate and potentially get killed off like all of the DAs!!!!!!

Fear not the show offers a door number two for all newly emphasized characters......................they can become masked heroes.

• Love 3

On twitter, jbuffyangel has a theory that Laurel is going to guest star on LoT as a part of Sara's story arc. I actually think it's a plausible idea, and it would fit with some of the BTS pics KC posted, like the wig fitting and the one of her fighting that she tagged "stunt rehearsal"

• Love 1

Like KC guest starring as part of a different timeline?

Because if Laurel is dead - and she has to be dead, please let her be dead - how else could she be on LoT as part of Sarah's journey?

Edited by bethy
  • Love 1

So what's everyone's theories of how the death is going to actually go down? 

I am curious because I have no idea. 

What are your thoughts?

I think Laurel dies protecting either her Dad, Thea or Felicity. I definitely don't want her to die protecting Felicity but I can see Guggenstupid thinking that's awesome! Maybe that's why Laurel is the one who reminded Oliver That Felicity dumped cause of his lies. Ooh maybe before she goes she implores Olicity to reunite LOL

• Love 2

Like KC guest starring as part of a different timeline?

Because if Laurel is dead - and she has to be dead, please let her be dead - how else could she be on LoT as part of Sarah's journey?

I guess so? I'm not sure... I was just skimming. Maybe when she thinks it out a bit more she'll do a write up

• Love 1

The law and politics and business stuff on this show is so totally batshit crazy that it as likely that the SCPD would think Laurel's vigilante compatriots were living stuffed teddy bears as Oliver, et al. I mean Moira admitted on national television that she helped with a plan that ended up killing Five03 SC citizens, and she was about to be elected mayor.

• Love 3