Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

CL wasn't fired. She was never signed on as a regular, so her recurring status ending due to her death had to do with the story they were writing. They didn't kill her off in the story because the fired her. If KC was fired, then the story was made to fit with what happened behind the scenes. They said at the beginning they didn't yet know who was in the grave. I'm sure she was on their short list, circumstances may have led to her termination, thus the story was written to reflect her no longer being employed with the show. CL, on the other hand, was brought back and made a regular on LoT. You don't bring back people you've fired. You just don't. Unless you're Aaron Spelling and didn't learn your lesson the first time around ;).

Side question: So if Robert is GA on E2, and we assume they might go more comic canon with this version of BC (meta, fighting skills, etc), does that mean she and Robert are....?

Technically aren't they just choosing not to renew her contract?  Yes, yes, there could be reasons why, but they can part from KC as professionals so yes, they could invite her back for flashbacks and I don't think it would get ugly. Rehire her permanently?  No, I don't see it. 

Let me pray to all mighty Elmo

A1mUZSB.gif

That they will make the right decision and bring back E2 Laurel full time for S5 of Arrow or LoT or Flash....or BoP...

Is that the creepy Time Square Elmo that has rage issues? 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's not about Laurel exactly, it's about death itself. The expanded universe ended up making death something less than it should be. There are no stakes if there are ways around dying. And the two more obvious ways they could cheat this death and have Laurel, or a variation there of, back are 1. time travel and 2. alternate version. And it so happens that those issues have been arbitrarily assigned by the showrunners to LoT and Flash, respectively.

Thank you. Sorry, it was a dumb question, haha.

Edited by looptab

I understand people not wanting to believe for whatever reason.  That's cool.  What I'm NOT looking forward to is the endless speculation that Laurel will somehow return to the show, even after her ashes are buried in a salt flat somewhere.  Cause I know that's going to happen, even after she's dead dead dead next week. 

• Love 10

And the guy in this tweet is Grant's stunt double, Cody, who retweeted her. Since they're fighting in that pic, seems like she is a villain over on E2.

GG: Whoa, so I heard you're coming to The Flash.  Cool.  It would be so awesome if E2 Black Canary fought the Flash . . . because E2 Black Canary is evil!

KC [fishing for her darkest lipstick from her purse and flourishing it triumphantly]: I might be interested in that if there aren't any auto shows that week.  Have your stunt double call my stunt double.

• Love 8

I wonder if having Laurel on The Flash is a consolation award to KC after they dropped her from Arrow.  It's true though, her hair looks much better in those pictures.

Maybe I'm an awful person but I'd like to see Laurel hook up with the E2 Green Arrow, Robert Queen.

I think it's likely she's fighting against Barry. It makes sense that her E2 doppleganger would be evil - everyone else's was different on E2. I doubt they'd have carbon copy Laurel Lance/Black Canary over on the other Earth.

In the Supergirl episode with Barry, Winn said what if there was an Earth where they were all villains and Barry replied "I've been there, it's not fun".

I don't watch The Flash anymore but villain!Laurel would totally work. I've always thought she should go dark anyway. 

Me too. I couldn't understand why they didn't play to KC's acting strengths so I'm kind of excited to see how this plays out.

• Love 2

I understand people not wanting to believe for whatever reason.  That's cool.  What I'm NOT looking forward to is the endless speculation that Laurel will somehow return to the show, even after her ashes are buried in a salt flat somewhere.  Cause I know that's going to happen, even after she's dead dead dead next week. 

Which is why all I want is for KC to get hired for a lead role in a full season tv show on another network/cable/streaming service like, next Thursday.

• Love 12
(edited)

Do you think Arrow's ratings will go up next for people interested to see who dies?

I would have thought so, but then the promos didn't really emphasize it like I thought they would have. I mean, they hinted at someone dying, but they didn't play it up as the resolution to the season-long mystery like I thought they would have.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

Do you think Arrow's ratings will go up next for people interested to see who dies? 

I would if it was general knowledge that this is the one where someone dies.  (Beyond the detectives on line) The promo wasn't enough after them nearly killing someone so many times.  I think without more hype, many viewers simply won't know there is anything special about this one. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I would if it was general knowledge that this is the one where someone dies.  (Beyond the detectives on line) The promo wasn't enough after them nearly killing someone so many times.  I think without more hype, many viewers simply won't know there is anything special about this one. 

The promo said it was going to be "The end of an era", though. And it implied someone's going to die. That seems to be as close as they can get to outright saying "You guys! It's really happening!!" 

They missed an opportunity to drop a "It's been 6 months" reference in the last episode, so, yeah. Maybe they were counting on the audience to remember the flashforward is supposed to be happening now.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Let me pray to all mighty Elmo

A1mUZSB.gif

That they will make the right decision and bring back E2 Laurel full time for S5 of Arrow or LoT or Flash....or BoP...

I can't really like your post, but thumbs up for your gif choice. Well, if they send Laurel to The Flash or LoT, I can't say I would care much. Sorry to the people who watch those shows. It's every viewer from him- or herself.

• Love 4

Personally, I think Laurel's just showing up on The Flash so they can kill her yet again, which...LOL, but let's pretend for a minute that she's actually moving to another show in this DC universe.  No way I could ever imagine it being LoT since MG is involved in that show, AND it would be Laurel/Sara comparisons all over again, with Laurel coming up short in practically every way imaginable.  So, good luck with sending her to The Flash.  Apparently, all of the women over there just have awesome POV's (sarcasm), so I'm sure she'll be written much better on that show.  It will be a good laugh to read all of those interviews that eventually pop up about how Barry and Laurel are soulmates, though!     

• Love 5

Are we going to get more Felicity/Lance scenes towards the end of the season? There was the on set video PB did with EBR and Bamford in the background, and now they did a video for her campaign in one of their trailers. I liked their interactions in season 2, so I'm open to it.

• Love 7

Well, if I were a casual viewer and all I saw were the promos on TV and the description for the episode, I would not be terribly inclined to watch. They kind of made it look like Diggle might be the dead one, which I personally wouldn't want to watch because I love him too much. Plus there is zero Felicity in the promo, which would be another strike for me.

I don't know honestly. People watch or don't watch for various different reasons. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Love 1

Are we going to get more Felicity/Lance scenes towards the end of the season? There was the on set video PB did with EBR and Bamford in the background, and now they did a video for her campaign in one of their trailers. I liked their interactions in season 2, so I'm open to it.

Also, SA posted a video about his movie campaign thing in which he stated that he has the day off today. This Felicity and Lance supposed shared screen time is really starting to intrigue me. Is it them spending more time together because of his thing with Donna, him taking her on as a substitute daughter since neither of his are around, or are they snoopong around and/or plotting revenge?

• Love 1

Did they offer any explanation as to why Caitlin, Cisco and Ronnie were evil on Earth 2, or did they just present them as such?

Look ma, no buckles!

That's why the costume looks better!

• Love 5

KC could've been the best arrow anti-hero/ villain... But Because Comics ruined that

I wouldn't go so far as to say the best, but certainly better than what we got.

• Love 3

Which is why all I want is for KC to get hired for a lead role in a full season tv show on another network/cable/streaming service like, next Thursday.

Yeah, good luck with that one. Girl's hiring herself out as a car show Spokesmodel...

Which basically means they're killing her off on Flash. Which is what I said would happen very early this morning.

Kill her on Arrow

Kill E2 version on Flash

Have Sara realize she can't reset history and bring her back.

This death now has meaning and they got rid of an actress they've wanted gone for years in every way possible.

• Love 8

KC could've been the best arrow anti-hero/ villain... But Because Comics ruined that

This.

I'm suddenly very inspired by this! She looks great, and KC has always made an excellent villain if you look at her other shows.

• Love 1

I don't know what the timeline is for Curtis to become Mr. Terrific, but it doesn't seem like they locked him down too hard if he was able to film another TV pilot. Perhaps they will only have him on a guest/recurring basis next season. Which for me would be ideal, since I only like him in small increments - plus we don't need another full time mask chilling in the "Bunker".

However, if they are only keeping him on a part-time/recurring basis than I don't see the need to kill Paul to motivate his mask. Perhaps they will make Mr. Terrific the first Flarrowverse mask to pick up the mask without needing a death to motivate him. It would also be nice to see a spouse/partner being outwardly supportive of his journey while not needing to be part of it. We have never really had a supportive spouse/partner or even family member that was not also part of the team or a few minutes from death. I really hope they keep Paul, not because I like his character but because there is really no need to kill him if Mr.T is only going to be recurring anyway. Plus it's inline with Curtis Marty Stu-ness that he would become a superhero and be able to balance a stable happy home life easy-peasy.

• Love 4

I wouldn't call that a cape exactly. I usually think of a cape as flowing from the shoulders. This is a long coat of some sort.

DUSTER! Sorry couldn't think of the word before! It's a duster. Still going to catch those big clunky heels when she tries to kick.

• Love 4

Maybe she has minions and doesn't do much of her own fighting. Laurel's sense of entitlement didn't really gel with what they were trying to sell, but it could work really well for evil Laurel.

I can't really like your post, but thumbs up for your gif choice. Well, if they send Laurel to The Flash or LoT, I can't say I would care much. Sorry to the people who watch those shows. It's every viewer from him- or herself.

LOL, you know I've been all for Golden Glider showing up on LoT because I think the sister/brother thing with her and Snart would be fun, but for some reason - I don't want Laurel and Sara together. I mean, way back in season two I might have liked it, but not now.  I'm going to join in the "hoping KC gets an AMAZING job offer on another show asap!" train. No really. I wish her well, away and well.

• Love 5

So, the 'him' could also be Andy Diggle, maybe? That would certainly lead to conflict...

I think I have 7 pages of spoilers to catch up on ~ so who knows what was discussed since 973... But I do think the "HIM" this season is going to be Andy. Which will be nice in the sense that it will bring Dig to the forefront. I also liked whoever suggested a few pages back that if Andy is truly BAD, than it will help delineate that Blood is not always infallible, blood family can be bad too. I believe it is too soon for the Him to be MM. I actually wonder if Andy will throw MM under the bus and set him up as the fall guy. Then MM will have to skip town or evade justice if he is duped by Andy.

I also wonder at what point in s5 MM will get a new hand or will that be an over the summer dealing and what strings will be attached with it. Because I can't see MM in prop sling for an entire season. And MM is most definitely NOT dying in s5 whether he is the HIM or just connected to the HIM.

Can you imagine if she had run off for evil, pycho training with Huntress how much fun that could have been?  But Oliver, I only kill bad guys who got out of prison because of some stupid technicality - I feel it still aligns with my day job, don't you?

• Love 2

I also wonder at what point in s5 MM will get a new hand or will that be an over the summer dealing and what strings will be attached with it. Because I can't see MM in prop sling for an entire season. And MM is most definitely NOT dying in s5 whether he is the HIM or just connected to the HIM.

He's got one in the promo stills from 4x18. Not a flesh and blood one, but some sort of mechanical thing.

Does she still have her bark collar on or is that just a choker?

I assumed it was the collar.

I like the outfit they have provided Katie for "Evil Laurel" the darker hair works well and actually IMO looks better on her too. Maybe the duster cloth attached at her waist is a removable weapon or accessory that allows her to encase her enemies or jump from high buildings while utilizing it as a type of parachute which ever is required at the time doing her fight or flight. If you are going to go for an "Evil Laurel" go all in and give her some "Inspector Gadget" type toys to play with as well is all I'm saying.

Well I hope she does well in her guest spot of "The Flash". I think it would go very far in making her interesting for another role if she receives a lot of positive buzz from her stint in the episode(s). Not sure if she'll be back for the next episode but I doubt it, I'm sure they'll want to devote that to Barry and Zoom exclusively (maybe)?

I like to believe that Star City will take this as a reason to investigate just what's up with the Star City District Atttorney's office, and come to the conclusion that four years of killing off and kidnapping all of the DAs and having to watch the city's least competent ADA continually get assigned to high profile cases sent the whole department off the deep end which explains why the ADA was running around at night with a costume.

Accepting a job in the District Attorney's office was essentially signing your death certificate... so why not mask up and at least try to fight the good fight ~ isn't the old adage to go down swinging?

If she is that critical that she is brought to the hospital in her costume and outed there right before she dies - what is the sense in hiding it? Might as well put it on the grave and give her that much. I really don't think people will look too closely at OQ & co to see if they are the GA & co because what is the point? GA has not committed any serious crimes and I believe the vigilante task force was dismantled. And let's be serious this is Arrow, if they want the city to be clueless because it doesn't fit their plot they will write it that way. They don't follow many and sometimes no rules of logic, reality or common sense, so this will just be par for the course.

• Love 1