Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

This is going to come off catty and I honestly don't mean it that way, but her clothes on the show always seem to fit weird in the boob area. IDK if it's something to do with her posture or just bad CW tailoring, because the clothes that she wears on her site don't seem to have that same issue. It could be the cut of the clothes or maybe blazers just aren't her thing.

Oliver looks like he saw them as he was walking by and decided to just mosey on over into the background of Lance's press conference so he could say hello.

Exactly, Oliver is unemployed and was probably loitering around the area when he saw some familiar faces and decided to join them.

I am okay with the not perfect fit of Laurel's dress, at least she is dressed like a lawyer. I still cannot over the fact that she wore hot pink pants in DA's office. If anyone has ever been to a DA's office, they'd know that the half dead plant on someone's desk is the most colorful thing there ... like EVER!

I'm going to go with bad CW tailoring. I actually don't remember her having this issue in season one, but I have not liked the suits they've been putting her in lately. I thought that blue suit she was wearing in (I think) League of Assassins was terrible.

And so I'm not singling out Laurel, I can't say I'm crazy about that purple boob window dress on Felicity either.

Laurel wore more casual (cute, IMO) clothes when she was working at CNRI (which goes along with that non-profit job, I know). Her DA wardrobe leaves a lot to be desired.

And yeah, I know they're trendy or whatever, but the boob window dresses are awful.

Edited by apinknightmare

I really am disappointed that Felicity is wearing that boob window dress again.

I don't think it's the same one? Just a similar cut. I might be remembering wrong, but I thought the other one was more of a coral color.

Laurel wore more casual (cute, IMO) clothes when she was working at CNRI (which goes along with that non-profit job, I know). Her DA wardrobe leaves a lot to be desired.

Agreed.

Re: Felicity's dresses - I actually don't remember the other dress bothering me really, but something about this one isn't working for me, which is odd because the cuts are very similar. The dress I really didn't like was the skin tight grey panel dress. Still don't like that dress.

ETA: just went looking for pics of boob window dress 1.0. They look like they're the exact same cut, but the first one was orange. And now that I'm looking at the pics, I can't say I care much for that one either. Not sure why it didn't register at the time. *shrugs* Grey panel dress still wins for least favorite Felicity outfit though.

Edited by Starfish35

LOL I might be in the minority here, but I don't mind the boob cut dresses, it wasn't appropriate attire in a business setting, but I didn't mind it. And now that Felicity isn't Oliver's EA anymore, it's a lot more appropriate. 

• Love 1

It's the exact same style just a different color. I really like that a grey dress. I thought it was unique but the boob window dress just has to go.  And even if she isn't Oliver's EA anymore she looks to be somewhere like a courthouse where wearing that dress seems like a poor choice.

Edited by catrox14

LOL I might be in the minority here, but I don't mind the boob cut dresses, it wasn't appropriate attire in a business setting, but I didn't mind it. And now that Felicity isn't Oliver's EA anymore, it's a lot more appropriate. 

I don't mind them generally speaking, and I know there's been some disagreement over this, but I really do think the boob window dresses are pushing it in a professional environment. Not trying to be a prude or anything - I think it's fine for a date night or whatever. I've seen people in and around my office complex wearing all manner of dresses, but I've never seen anything like that. And she's in a professional environment here, which might be fueling my dislike of it too.

• Love 1

According to Worn On Tv and The Arrow Fashion Blog, the dresses are the same, just in different colors (which I love, both colors are fabulous).  Also, just generally, I like the dress, too, I think it's cute and she looks cute in it (both colors). What bugs me is that they've now put Felicity in two variations of the exact same dress twice (this and the grey color block dress).  Who buys two versions of the same dress?  To me, that's sillier than her wearing any of them to work in a corporate office (which, since it's tv, doesn't bother me in the least, I don't expect realism on tv in general, never mind the CW).  With Laurel's suit jacket, I think they just did a terrible job fitting it. 

I wouldn't have had a problem with the grey dress if it had been a size or two bigger. Not to be crude, but, well. If I can see butt muscles flexing when you're walking away, the dress is too tight IMO.

ETA: I hadn't realized until now there were two variations of this dress. I'm mainly thinking of the first time she wore it.

Edited by Starfish35

It probably even flared up the rumor of Oliver and Felicity being together in QC lol But yeah, the boob cut was inappropriate. But I guess it's not as bad as what Laurel constantly wears. Eugh. I hope she stops with the rings this season

Basically the dresses she wears are for the male fantasy. 

Maybe Felicity's just not into fashion. She found one fancy dress she felt and looked good in and just went "f*ck it" and bought every variation the joint had so that she could stop shopping. Done!

A more practical explanation is that wardrobe got a whole rack of them in for cheap.

I didn't like the skin tight grey one either. (That's the one with the orange panels, right?)  EBR's got a great body but putting her in too-tight clothes does Felicity no favours.  I don't mind cut-away dresses, except professionally, but we call it the boob dress for a reason -- because it really really drew attention to her boobs -- and that's also wrong.

Maybe Oliver's dressed casually because he's unemployed at the moment and just showed up for Quentin's press conference because Laurel's a friend?

I picture Felicity with a closet full of identical multicolor boob window dresses, like a fashionable Power Ranger.

On Castle in s2 or 3, there was a long-sleeve t-shirt top that Stana Katic wore and because it looked good on her, the costume people bought about half a dozen of them in various colours.  I wouldn't mind if Felicity did the same, it's easier than having to decide what to wear in the morning, if I actually liked the boob dress.  (I heard that Obama wanted his suits to be only navy and grey. Since the human brain can only make a certain number of decisions per day, he wanted to save his for the big stuff, like Russia.)

• Love 1

I didn't like the skin tight grey one either. (That's the one with the orange panels, right?)  EBR's got a great body but putting her in too-tight clothes does Felicity no favours.

That's the one. I found a picture of it on a model, and it looks fine. It's cute. But it also doesn't look like the model is wearing a dress a couple of sizes too small.

Is there a thread for Arrow fashion? I wonder if there should be.

I don't mind the boob dress, but I agree it's not the most professional. Whenever there's a shot of her wearing it, my bf yells 'Power Girl' lol. He's wishing.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1

Oh a fashion topic would be fun. My main contributions would probably be bring back the panda flats.

I liked the fashion on S1 better. I always like a touch of realism and Laurel wearing converse in her apartment instead of high heels while relaxing at home like we got in S2 seemed more real to me.

I don't mind the boob dress, the sky high - high heels bug me. Not as much as Laurel's finale outfit with the clown shoes and the high water pants or her white coat to go breaking and entering.

I do love Felicity's date dress. I've seen it posted online and it's backless and sexy. Perfect for a date.

• Love 1

I'm really confused about the order of events on the show... 

So I made a theory on how I see things will go based on spoilers (and since most spoilers were about Oliver and Felicity please bear with me):

1. Mission with Team Arrow for the first 5ish minutes (as has been spoiled)
  2. Sara comes back and kicks someone's ass on the roof and the gang goes back to the foundry where Oliver's been staying
  3. Sara tells Oliver that he needs people in his life who don't have masks, thus Oliver makes his decision to ask Felicity out (Sara pushes him into it)
  4. Detective Lance becomes Captain Lance. He has a press conference and Oliver and Laurel watch on. 
  5. Press conference over, Laurel tells Oliver "who knew we would be business partners" and they part ways. 
  6. Oliver runs into Felicity outside the foundry (it sorta looked like that). Oliver babbles, then asks Felicity out. Felicity says yes.
  7. Then things go to shit as the next day, Oliver goes to QC only to find out Ray is making a bid for the company. Queue the "my life sucks" line from Oliver. 
  8. They get a phone call from Digg saying Lyla is in Labor, they both go to the hospital. Lyla has the baby, Oliver and Felicity kiss. 
  9. Stuff happens. Probably Sara/Laurel/Lance bonding time or something to do with the Count
  10. Next night Oliver and Felicity have the date, this ends with Felicity unconscious lying on the foundry table.
  11. Oliver sees red (heh), he and the team hunts down the person who was responsible for this and most probably kills him, thus Oliver scares the crap out of himself. 
  12. They go back to the foundry, Felicity wakes up and tells Oliver that it wasn't even her worst date. She sees Oliver's state of angst and understands that they're over. They have that 'raw' conversation and talk about their feelings but they end up staying friends and Felicity goes back to her place (or Roy probably takes her). 
  13. At one point in the night Oliver loses it with Digg (who'd been tending to Felicity), and takes out his manpain on Digg and tells him that he's off the team because he just became a dad. Thus Digg yells at Oliver for pushing everyone away and that he'd be dead ten times over if it wasn't for him. 
  14. Episode ends with Oliver being all man pain-y

Yeah, they really spoiled a lot of the first episode

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

@wonderwall

Felicity's date dress

http://www.bcbg.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BCBG-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=UYS66B18-J66&dwvar_UYS66B18-J66_color=J66&cgid=dresses

UYS66B18_J66_a.jpg?sw=67&sh=105 UYS66B18_J66.jpg?sw=67&sh=105

ETA: I can see it going that way. The ponytail flip and Oliver smirk probably happens between your 3 and 4 when Felicity is leaving the foundry for the night after the mission is over. Oliver's suit during the fight with Digg is the same one he is wearing at QC.

Edited by Orion
  • Love 1

I wish I trusted these writers to give us a twist like Oliver deciding by the end of 301 that YES he can be the Arrow and have a life at the same time. Or if not in 301, then by the Christmas hiatus. Amell has mentioned that Oliver is smiling more this season a couple of times, it keeps giving me hope that the brooding days are over.

Why is Oliver smiling more this season? I get the smiling at the beginning of 301 but why is he still smiling after? From what I understand: He loses his company, his date goes to hell resulting in an injured Felicity and a halt to any romance between, he and Diggle are going to be fighting….

Oliver and Felicity probably decide to just be friends and Oliver isn't all angsty about it. And I think the fight with Diggle ends like in the 2nd episode 

Edited by ban1o

Perhaps they end with Felicity saying something like "Look, call me when you get your shit together. I'm not going to wait around for you..." (Oliver grumps) "...but I'm also not going anywhere." (Felicity grin).

I dunno the trope is done to death by this point, I'm not sure how they're going to play it.  I just hope it doesn't bog down the season in romantic angst, I'm not sure anyone wants to see that.

Oliver and his man-pain - it's getting very old.

I have to say. I don't really understand why this is a problem..or why it's so denigrated and diminished into "manpain".  I'm not meaning to attack anyone here for that opinion. I just don't understand why it's not valid that Oliver the lead character around whom the show is built is not entitled to his angst and suffering considering he has been through Hell on Earth.  (full disclosure: I might have a much higher tolerance for male angst than most because Winchester Brothers reasons). 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4

I have to say. I don't really understand why this is a problem..or why it's so denigrated and diminished into "manpain". I'm not meaning to attack anyone here for that opinion. I just don't understand why it's not valid that Oliver the lead character around whom the show is built is not entitled to his angst and suffering considering he has been through Hell on Earth. (full disclosure: I might have a much higher tolerance for male angst than most because Winchester Brothers reasons).

I'm gonna put on my social justice warrior hat here, but. Yeah, for me it's about the saturation. The large majority of all fiction in all forms is about white men and their angst. I consume A LOT of fiction, so I'm basically completely fed up of the exact same tropes about the exact same character archetype being used over and over again. I've actually managed to cull almost all shows lead by white dudes from my tv watching, but the ones that remain are still grating on me when they repeat patterns I've seen a trillion times before. Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 6

For me, it's a matter of anticipating what S3 will be for Oliver - him pushing people way, again, to 'protect' them when really, they aren't safer for the distance.  He may pull into himself, again, and blame himself for everything that goes wrong, again, even if it's not all his fault.  He's lost nearly everything and everyone already - it's hard to watch him lose the little he has left.  I get the superhero/loner trope but it's not what I want to see, week after week.  He's the hero, the lead - it's gratifying and entertaining to see him win, too.  Not all the time, and not always easily, but yes, I'd like to see him smile more than he has in the past 2 seasons.  He's grown and still has more to do. But the constant angst is wearing for this viewer, especially when it seems like a re-tread of what he's felt and chosen in the past 2 years.

Just my feelings on this and what I suspect Season 3 will bring for him.

• Love 3

I really love Felicity's dresses. Are they appropriate for the work place? Nope. But I think she looks cute and sometimes positively hot in them. My favourite dress was the navy blue one in episode 10 when she and Oliver fought. It was backless, like innocent in front, and when she walked off it was backless AND the boots made me go waaah.

I think the conversation between Oliver and Felicity will clear up a lot of things. In season 2 the premiere showed us team Arrow encouraging Oliver to continue doing his thing with Felicity in particular saying "maybe there's another way" which is exactly what she said in the finale. It could be as simple as "let's just be friends" but that's just anti climatic and I choose to believe something far more interesting will happen.

And I definitely look forward to more smiling Oliver. The second half of season 2 was just depressing at times so definitely, let him be happier for goodness sake.

ETA: I don't mind them deciding to be friends. I guess the problem I do have with that is 1) they never really gave it a go and 2) it's not like they aren't really attracted to one another (which is sometimes what happens when friends progress to lovers). I guess bad timing could be used as an excuse. We know they will most probably stay friends anyway because they work together, but the reasoning is probably more complex than "let's just stay friends because you got blown up".

Edited by ArrowLimbo

I agree with most of your placement but there's a few I'm unsure of

I'm really confused about the order of events on the show... 

So I made a theory on how I see things will go based on spoilers (and since most spoilers were about Oliver and Felicity please bear with me):

1. Mission with Team Arrow for the first 5ish minutes (as has been spoiled) - Yes
  2. Sara comes back and kicks someone's ass on the roof and the gang goes back to the foundry where Oliver's been staying - Not sure, Laurel is involved in this scene so it's possible this is later in the episode.
  3. Sara tells Oliver that he needs people in his life who don't have masks, thus Oliver makes his decision to ask Felicity out (Sara pushes him into it) - I think this is actually at the end of the episode, after Oliver decides he can't date Felicity.  The whole theme of the season is Oliver wrestling with "Can I be Oliver Queen and Arrow".  I think Sara is telling him he can't just be Arrow.
  4. Detective Lance becomes Captain Lance. He has a press conference and Oliver and Laurel watch on. 
  5. Press conference over, Laurel tells Oliver "who knew we would be business partners" and they part ways. - I think this comes first, I think they talk on the way to the Press Conference
  6. Oliver runs into Felicity outside the foundry (it sorta looked like that). Oliver babbles, then asks Felicity out. Felicity says yes.
  7. Then things go to shit as the next day, Oliver goes to QC only to find out Ray is making a bid for the company. Queue the "my life sucks" line from Oliver. 
  8. They get a phone call from Digg saying Lyla is in Labor, they both go to the hospital. Lyla has the baby, Oliver and Felicity kiss. 
  9. Stuff happens. Probably Sara/Laurel/Lance bonding time or something to do with the Count
  10. Next night Oliver and Felicity have the date, this ends with Felicity unconscious lying on the foundry table. - I think the timeline is more condences, the kiss and explosion happens in the first 20 minutes of the episode, so probably same day
  11. Oliver sees red (heh), he and the team hunts down the person who was responsible for this and most probably kills him, thus Oliver scares the crap out of himself. - I'm pretty sure Oliver gets drugged with new Vertigo and hallucinates a version of the Arrow that scares the crap out of him.  I don't think Oliver gets scared because he killed for Felicity he's done it before.
  12. They go back to the foundry, Felicity wakes up and tells Oliver that it wasn't even her worst date. She sees Oliver's state of angst and understands that they're over. They have that 'raw' conversation and talk about their feelings but they end up staying friends and Felicity goes back to her place (or Roy probably takes her). 
  13. At one point in the night Oliver loses it with Digg (who'd been tending to Felicity), and takes out his manpain on Digg and tells him that he's off the team because he just became a dad. Thus Digg yells at Oliver for pushing everyone away and that he'd be dead ten times over if it wasn't for him. Wasn't sure if this was 301 or 302...I think it might be 302
  14. Episode ends with Oliver being all man pain-y

Yeah, they really spoiled a lot of the first episode

You're missing Laurel beating up the guy in the hospital bed, because you know she's kickass now...just look at her taking on patients with broken arms...totally ready to be BC...

• Love 1
Episode ends with Oliver being all man pain-y

I get the feeling this is how most of the season's screenplays are going to sign off.

As for questions about Oliver/Felicity? Cue the convoluted jumping through hoops that showrunners employ to keep their leads apart. They won't be allowed to be honest about their feelings at the same time for a good old while. I think I saw that before on every show that's ever been on television.

• Love 2

As for questions about Oliver/Felicity? Cue the convoluted jumping through hoops that showrunners employ to keep their leads apart. They won't be allowed to be honest about their feelings at the same time for a good old while. I think I saw that before on every show that's ever been on television.

Agreed.  I think this is especially true for a couple that has garnered a great deal of fan & critical attention & praise.  No show has proven to be above milking that cow for all its worth, and Arrow is no different.

I think the 'just friends' thing will be an attempt to find a way to work together but I can't see it lasting that way for long.  And SA has said, more than once, that Felicity is the only woman for him this season.  So it's not a one ep and done situation by any means.

I think there are legit reasons for Oliver and Felicity to not embark on relationship at this time, that don't involved "denying" they have feeling for each other, and are attracted. Forgive me but Oliver reminds me a bit of Graham in Sex, Lies, and Videotape. He can't just waltz up to Felicity, and confess his feelings like it's some precious *gift*. But I'm perhaps fruitlessly hanging on to the idea that Felicity is the one to shut it down, and put some professional/personal distance between them in the premiere. Oliver agrees to it for his own separate issues around controlling his anger, not knowing how to reconcile his two identities.

Do we know when Ray makes his first appearance? I was thinking we'd at least meet him in the premiere, but I guess it's possible they'd hold off as there are so many things to "resolve" and cover from the finale/time jump.

I get the feeling this is how most of the season's screenplays are going to sign off.

Argh you just gave me Smallville flashbacks where I swear every damn episode in the first six seasons ended with Clark and Lana in the fucking barn staring at each other while sad music wails.

Let Arrow not go there, ever.

• Love 3

I think Ray's mainly in the 2nd half of the season too.  They have to give Felicity a break between all her men this year...Oliver in 301, Barry in F104, Cooper in 305 (flashback's at least).  Take an episode or two before trying to hook her up again (I hope).   

I am really not looking forward to all this.  It may play out differently than it appears to be being teased but the idea of Felicity's identity being tied to being a love interest for anyone makes me want to scream.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

See, I've long since gotten into the habit of not really paying much attention to what is said in interviews or the social media in general. Just because an EP or an actor says something doesn't necessarily mean that is what is going to actually happen that way. They may not have all the information or may not phrase it correctly. I usually just wait and see what makes it on to the screen. If there is going to be a reason to complain, I at least wait until I SEE it before I start.

• Love 1

I think Ray's mainly in the 2nd half of the season too. They have to give Felicity a break between all her men this year...Oliver in 301, Barry in F104, Cooper in 305 (flashback's at least). Take an episode or two before trying to hook her up again (I hope).

I am really not looking forward to all this. It may play out differently than it appears to be being teased but the idea of Felicity's identity being tied to being a love interest for anyone makes me want to scream.

This is based on nothing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Barry and Felicity's "date" is a ruse for her and Barry to get a read on Iris's boyfriend. I think they'll address the unresolved thing between them, but that the double date isn't real on their end. IMO, her appearance on that ep is to officially tie up that story line (and to get Felicity fans to watch The Flash), so I don't know that I'd still classify Barry as a love interest.

• Love 7

I agree about Barry.  Felicity knows about Iris and I assume (hope?) whether we see it onscreen or not Oliver will have mentioned Barry's new situation.   

I really, really don't care for triangles or Brandon Routh so I am hoping their involvement is more about her being curious about his "shrouded in mystery" plans for the Applied Sciences division than being romantic.  I know there will be a romantic tone to it just to move Oliver's journey along but...  I can say I was a lot more interested in Ray Palmer before I heard the casting announcement than I am now.

• Love 2

Hmm my impression is that Ray will definitely become part of big back end arc, I still expect he'll be sprinkled throughout the whole season, as they'll need to build to that final arc. Especially if R/F interaction is work based in the daylight. I also couldn't help but notice Routh and the actor cast as her ex, aren't totally unalike in the looks department, and if they're both scienc-y intelligent types, I really like how that might play into Oliver perceiving Felicity (hypothetically in my perfect fantasy world) putting on the breaks in 301. We got a bit of that during the Barry arc, and if he meets her ex, and sees her sparking with Ray, yeah I LOVE that he might feel all inadequate and shit. Even if the pause button wasn't Felicity's idea, I'll still enjoy seeing Oliver get insecure, and become determined and motivated to UNPAUSE. 

I dunno I like all the exploration of all these other aspects of Felicity's life and world: A day job minus Oliver, closing the Barry loop, a look back at her past and how it informs her now, a flirty new coworker all plays into the idea that she's *more* than just Oliver's Girl. She's great at her work, a good friend, has a family/history, and has romantic options to burn.I think it goes far to equitize the vibe that Felicity is just pining for a dude out of her league who Little Sister zones her.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 4

I don't understand the reasoning that Felicity needs to date Ray. Their relationship is doomed unless another person is clued into Oliver's identity. No way does Ray want a relationship where he sees the woman only during business hours and she disappears at night. So at best they last as long as Oliver and Sara. Felicity is left with Barry who was in love with another woman, Oliver who loves her but won't commit, and Ray who was attracted to her but she had to choose between a relationship with him and Arrow activities. Cue the Felicity pain. I don't want to watch a show with Oliver's manpain and Felicity's broken heart.

I really don't want to watch a show in which Oliver pines for Felicity while she's is being cutesy with Ray.

Ugh.

Also why does the iPhone hate the letter n? Ugh auto correct.

• Love 1

I have a feeling that Ray and Felicity aren't going to be as romantic as people think. I could actually see her giving it a fair shot with Barry only to have the episode end with an honest talk about them both being in love with other people and just agreeing to be friends. Because of this, I don't think we are going to see her start anything with Ray until later in S2 and I don't think it will ever get to the 'I Love You' stage. I would be okay with them hitting it off as friends who try dating only to realize it wouldn't work out (I really want Felicity to have a friend outside the cave). The writers don't need Felicity to have a hot and heavy serious relationship in order for her to realize she has an option outside of Oliver. It wouldn't surprise me though, if the writers make Oliver think its more than what it is. 

I think Oliver may tell her he is in love with her, but I don't think she is going to say it back. Not that is doesn't feel it, but I don't think she is ready to actually tell him that yet. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

I'm not a fan of love triangles either, but I don't have it in me to get down about any of it before I actually see it play out on screen. For better or worse, this show almost never does what I think it will (or, at least, in the way I think it'll do it). So, I'll wait impatiently for what's coming.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I really don't want to watch a show in which Oliver pines for Felicity while she's is being cutesy with Ray.

Ah, to each their own, I totally do. That mofo can PINE all damn day and twice on Sunday. The show has to make up for a lot with me on that respect via Felicity: Moira's crack, Laurel's disgust, ToD, and even the scene on the island. Other freaking shoe time, especially given his a Bang a girl a Day Calendar approach to romance.

Besides I do think R/F will start out with professional (both computer science/Team Arrow) curiosity about what he's up to, they'll be some flirting, possibly a couple of dates, but I don't think a serious relationship choice is going to be what it's about. Plus I have no doubt Ray WILL be clued into Oliver's identity. I can't see the purpose in bringing in someone who is a supposed "business" rival when Oliver is currently unemployed and broke. Not much of business rivalry there to work with, but if Ray is working on turning himself into "something else" AND romancing the woman Oliver is in love with: rivalry in effect.

• Love 3

I am impatiently waiting for the premiere and a particular conversation! 

I actually think I have too much information and some of it seems contradictory.  I agree it rarely plays out the way I think but that doesn't prevent me from trying to make sense of it in my mind.  Is it October 8 yet? 

I'm actually glad that Oliver and Felicity aren't jumping into a relationship together. 

Oliver: He still has a lot of growing up to do. He usually treats people like crap, keeps things from them, etc. I hope he makes these developments throughout season 3 as he realizes that he needs people in his life and that he needs to treat them with respect. 

Felicity: She needs to date other people like Ray. She needs to realize that she's her own person, that she can have a life outside of Oliver. She needs to make these personal developments because I don't want Felicity to be too dependent on Oliver, and her dating other guys shows just that. Also, I kind of like the idea that while she has a myriad of choices, she would end up CHOOSING to be with Oliver because she cares for him the most. Idk I just like that idea :p

I don't mind seeing Oliver pine for Felicity. However, not at the expense of a mission. I want this because Oliver's feelings towards Felicity has been extremely subtle throughout the first two seasons that the finale shocked the hell out of me and almost everyone else. I want to see Oliver's feelings, and I want to see them develop and I want to see him support Felicity with her relationships as she has with his (bar Isabel)

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

I really, really don't care for triangles or Brandon Routh so I am hoping their involvement is more about her being curious about his "shrouded in mystery" plans for the Applied Sciences division than being romantic.  I know there will be a romantic tone to it just to move Oliver's journey along but...  I can say I was a lot more interested in Ray Palmer before I heard the casting announcement than I am now.

+1

The show pretty much killed off any interest I had in Ray when they cast BR. It sucks because I was looking forward to the Ray/Oliver rivalry...now not so much. :(

Brandon Routh is a really stiff actor, unfortunately AND he has a sort of monotonous voice. He was extremely stiff in Chuck, Superman, and Partners (that was a terrible show and Idk why I watched it). The only movie I tolerated him in and sort of even liked was Scott Pilgrim. I hope EBR brings out the best in him and I hope he's not as stiff in Arrow. I don't have high hopes for him, but I'm willing to give him a chance

• Love 1