Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Going back to the Felicity code name. It would be awesome if they used Athena. Project Athena is the name of MIT's computing environment. So it would be perfect for her - but not sure how many of the writing staff know anything real about MIT.

Oh godddd, I hope it's not Athena :p I have a friend named Athena and it would just ruin the codename for me :P

Oh godddd, I hope it's not Athena :p I have a friend named Athena and it would just ruin the codename for me :P

LOL! And I have a very good friend nicknamed Athena who'd be tickled pink if that ends up being Felicity's code name. I do like Athena myself, with its roots in mythology. That bit about MIT is pretty cool, too. 

• Love 2

LOL! And I have a very good friend nicknamed Athena who'd be tickled pink if that ends up being Felicity's code name. I do like Athena myself, with its roots in mythology. That bit about MIT is pretty cool, too. 

I have to elaborate... I say she's my friend... But honestly she's a condescending asshole and I really don't like her very much which is why that codename would SO rub me the wrong way :p IDK if I don't like a person or character, their names are forever ruined for me. 

Example: Stephen is living in Laurel Canyon now, not knowing anything about that place, I just don't like it :p It also took me a while to warm up to Laurel Castillo because of her name... It's weird but I suppose it's my special brand of crazy

• Love 1

Example: Stephen is living in Laurel Canyon now, not knowing anything about that place, I just don't like it :p It also took me a while to warm up to Laurel Castillo because of her name... It's weird but I suppose it's my special brand of crazy

Aww, Laurel Canyon isn't all bad. It has great views of the city, the houses are faboo, and occasionally, you can use it to cut across into the Valley and take 10-20 minutes off your commute. :D

Filming starts again Monday, correct? I'm gonna need some more spoilers to leak to see how much I need to prepare myself for the latter part of the season.

• Love 4

Apple pie anyone? 

Add a little sugar to the four apples and they're not so bitter anymore.

Filming starts again Monday, correct? I'm gonna need some more spoilers to leak to see how much I need to prepare myself for the latter part of the season.

My guess is "a lot." 

I have to elaborate... I say she's my friend... But honestly she's a condescending asshole and I really don't like her very much which is why that codename would SO rub me the wrong way :p IDK if I don't like a person or character, their names are forever ruined for me. 

Mine too.  Which can be annoying when the name ends up being in a show you love.  (Agent Carter... Peg, fine but Peggy still makes me flinch.)  

I would love Athena, though. 

If she dumps him at the end of 4.14, is it then five weeks (in show time) to 4.18, which is the last episode of sweeps and the likely death episode?

I'm trying to figure out, assuming she dumps him, my minimum requirement for him to stay dumped. I think I can live with five weeks, as long as the dumping includes moving out and returning the ring. 

No, February sweeps episodes are likely to be 12-13-14-15. Then May sweeps eps tend to be 21-22-23. If they keep the regular schedule, they will probably take a break between 15 and 16.

They like to use ep 20 for ~big things~ going into May sweeps, which is why my guess is that's when the death happens. But it could be as early as 18 [which usually airs in early April], and respect the "six months" thing from the flash forward.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm think 19 or 20. Although I've seen suggestions of death in 18 and then funeral grave scene in 19. I'm more apt to believe they'll skip the funeral and just have the grave scene be in end scene of the episode. So, 419 or 420 is death and grave scene, with 20-23 or 21-23 being the fight with Darhk/HIVE.

S1 - 21-23 is the resolution to Undertaking. Death happens in 23. 22-23 directly connected episodes, take place in 24-48 hours.

S2 - 21-23 is the resolution to the Blood and Deathstroke stories, death happens in 20. 21-23 all take place in a single 24 hour period.

S3 - 21-23 is the resolution to the Ra's / LoA story. "Death" happens at the very end of 19. 22-23 are directly connected episodes.

S4 - ?? Maybe death is end of 19 (like S3) and 20 is the funeral/grave with 21-23 being the resolution to HIVE story.

ETA: After looking back, I think they'll do the death at the end of 419. Funeral/grave scene will take place in 420, milking the "death" for drama. Still 50/50 on Laurel/Lance being THE death.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I'm leaning more towards 18. The show runners have said something about the characters dealing with the death this season (I can't remember the exact quote but it gave me the impression that it wouldn't be the last few episodes) and the show tends to connect the last episodes of the season. 18 would allow them to have a follow up episode. 19 could be the funeral and characters reaction. Ep 20 then sets the final set of episodes.

ETA : We should all post our predications at some point. The When and The Who.

4x18 - Death / Laurel.

Edited by 10Eleven12

I don't believe every actor can keep being canned secret. Colton couldn't. I don't think KC could. PB probably could. DR could. Willa probably could. So I feel like if it's Laurel, we'll know not too long after she does. (I'm not saying she'll post on Twitter that she's been fired, but I think there would be fairly obvious signs, such as changing her background on FB and Twitter from the current Arrow scenes.) 

IF the death is in 419, it'll probably start filming on 2/29 (since they're running 1 week behind schedule). Given that they announced the death ahead of time, they'll probably wait until the last acceptable minute to inform the actor (3 week prior), so I'm thinking the actor will fin out in early February.

With some actors it's easier to hide then others because of their social media presence. I do wonder if there's anything they could do in this day and age to try and cover it up?

I think the death happens in 4.18 and then 4.19 is the funeral episode.Since I think its a big character I think they'll take an episode to have the characters deal with the death and have a whole funeral scene.Then the final fight against HIVE and DD can be 20-23.

My bet for the grave is still Laurel.

Didn't Colton post old pics to make it seem like he's on set?I expect this to happen again this season.But people seemed to realize they were old and guessed about Colton so I think we'll know from the actor's social media this time too.

I mentioned this when the article was first posted, but Holbrook's speculation doesn't even make any sense. BC's scream is mechanical. The only people that could help her with it would Cisco or Curtis. Unless he's implying BC becomes a meta at some point in the next 5 episodes, I don't see why Vixen would need to help her with anything.

• Love 5

Has anyone thought that "Codebreaker" could be FS' code name? She does say it's her middle name in one episode & it has an A in it...

I don't think that's what it will be though. Just remembered that name from one of the early episodes.

• Love 1

IF the death is in 419, it'll probably start filming on 2/29 (since they're running 1 week behind schedule). Given that they announced the death ahead of time, they'll probably wait until the last acceptable minute to inform the actor (3 week prior), so I'm thinking the actor will fin out in early February.

With some actors it's easier to hide then others because of their social media presence. I do wonder if there's anything they could do in this day and age to try and cover it up?

I tend to think they'd tell the actor before the script is written. 

They are filming 4-14 now and we know 4-15 is written but the show has usually had more than just one done script ahead of filming so I have to assume that at the very least episode 4-16 would be written though it might be an early draft.  4-17 being written before the show is back on air seems pretty likely.  So really, anytime after the show returns from the hiatus, it's with in the realm of possibility that the actor in the grave might be informed.

So that would be the time IMO to really start paying attention to anything posted or conversely, the absence of anything posted.  

I think, as I said as soon as they did the grave scene, that it is Laurel in the grave.

KC already knows she is leaving and that's why she is actually getting a wee bit better in her scenes, she is relieved that it will be over soon. Even her clothing is getting better.I believe that is why she is doing all the photography stuff with EBR over the Christmas break because she is trying to get herself out there so the press will know she exists. Why else would all the photographers be everywhere she and EBR are? I very much doubt it's EBR who's letting them know where they are.

I had Nyssa as my #1 at one point, but I think she wouldn't be buried in that grassy plot.  I think she'd get a burning funeral pyre-type send-off like a warrior of old in Nanda Parbat.  So I'm back to Quentin as my #1 possibility.  

Sorry, but I still don't think it's Laurel.  I think it's more likely to be Thea before Laurel.

• Love 1

Regarding the Felicity is pregnant/miscarries speculation and fear, I was reading back through old spoilers and found this:

-- Per MG, Felicity is not pregnant. (Scans from TV Guide Magazine's SDCC 2015 special, page 18 of Spoilers thread)

Specifically, the interviewer (Damian Holbrook) noted that Oliver & Felicity did not use protection in Nanda Parbat and pointed out that Oliver already has a kid out there.  In response, MG laughed and said, "He's not that fertile!... I can tell you that Felicity is not pregnant."

Now, granted, this was said by MG back during SDCC last summer, so it's possible that the EPs could've changed their plans and made Felicity pregnant after returning to Star City.  But I really think that Felicity's injury will have nothing to do with reproduction.

Edited by tv echo

Regarding the Felicity is pregnant/miscarries speculation and fear, I was reading back through old spoilers and found this:

Specifically, the interviewer (Damian Holbrook) noted that Oliver & Felicity did not use protection in Nanda Parbat and pointed out that Oliver already has a kid out there.  In response, MG laughed and said, "He's not that fertile!... I can tell you that Felicity is not pregnant."

Now, granted, this was said by MG back during SDCC last summer, so it's possible that the EPs could've changed their plans and made Felicity pregnant after returning to Star City.  But I really think that Felicity's injury will have nothing to do with reproduction.

She could have gotten pregnant any time over the summer and into the beginning of this season, though. I mean heck, she could have at least had his sperm fertilize her egg an hour before the proposal, bc come on, they obviously had life-affirming sex post-gas chamber/pre-proposal.

That said, I REALLY don't think they'll do a miscarriage/fertility loss storyline. I do not at all buy the argument that the writers won't pile misery on Felicity, but I think that's not comic book-y enough for them. Since I don't believe Baby Mama and Spawn have any purpose beyond a romantic stall, there's no need to tie his kid to her not being able to have kids, etc. I think she's going to be in a wheelchair with some kind of spinal injury. (Because it doesn't seem like she could have broken her leg/hip/pelvis or anything not involving the spine but still requiring a wheelchair...if the car had full-on crashed, that would be a much likelier possibility.)

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

I hate the possible miscarriage as much as most of this board hates the possible (probable) wheelchair. Because she'll likely recover from whatever that puts her in the wheelchair and even if not, it would be possible to adapt and re-calibrate her life. If a baby is gone, it's gone and it's not coming back unless we're traveling back in time again, which, please no.

• Love 4

I hate the possible miscarriage as much as most of this board hates the possible (probable) wheelchair. Because she'll likely recover from whatever that puts her in the wheelchair and even if not, it would be possible to adapt and re-calibrate her life. If a baby is gone, it's gone and it's not coming back unless we're traveling back in time again, which, please no.

I hate the idea of a miscarriage/esp loss of fertility storyline 1000x more than the wheelchair, both bc yeah, unlike the wheelchair it would be permanent AND the only reason to write it that way is to give Oliver more manpain and an "excuse" for continuing not to tell her about Spawn. I would be absolutely, utterly, totally enraged if they wrote it that way. Taking something that big from 20-something young woman character to manpain/excuse the male character would make me unbelievably mad.

(Luckily I both don't want it AND am nearly positive they won't write it.)

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 6

I really think the pregnancy/miscarriage is the fandom's overactive imagination & penchance for melodrama/tragedy.

There is no evidence in show that rules out or indicates pregnancy. There is however a lot of grey for the writers to do whatever they want with FS fertility. They have never mentioned or used birth control at all on the show for any of their encounters.

We know that she was not pregnant after NP but there is nothing that rules it out now. That being said, I don't think the writers will do a paralysis, infertility & miscarriage plot all in one arc. The only reason I think this is because they need to have more plots for later. I fully think these writers are trained in Misery Plotting, so I anticipate they will possibly use infertility & miscarriage later, I just believe they'll save it for later. Then again they like to go big, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it all in one.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure they won't go with miscarriage or infertility.Temporary paralysis is a lot more likely though it doesn't make much sense to do that either imo.I have no idea why they would go with a longterm pysical injury when they have always stayed away from that and it just limits what they can do with that character for awhile especially a character as popular as Felicity.I don't see them giving that storyline enough time and focus to do something like that justice and not rushed so thats my biggest fear with them doing that.Even if they got rights to use Oracle I doubt the condition was she must be in a wheelchair so I don't see the point.

But I agree the wheelchair would be the option I hate less then the infertility and miscarriage since that would for sure only be used for baby mama drama.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 3

I really think the pregnancy/miscarriage is the fandom's overactive imagination & penchance for melodrama/tragedy.

There is no evidence in show that rules out or indicates pregnancy. There is however a lot of grey for the writers to do whatever they want with FS fertility. They have never mentioned or used birth control at all on the show for any of their encounters.

We know that she was not pregnant after NP but there is nothing that rules it out now. That being said, I don't think the writers will do a paralysis, infertility & miscarriage plot all in one arc. The only reason I think this is because they need to have more plots for later. I fully think these writers are trained in Misery Plotting, so I anticipate they will possibly use infertility & miscarriage later, I just believe they'll save it for later. Then again they like to go big, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it all in one.

Agree. Although, I do remember seeing dramatic theories in s3 that did come true (I saw some theories after 301 that Thea killed Sara, after 304 that Oliver would be dying in 309, around 310 that someone would be dying and being resurrected in the Lazarus Pit, even though many thought it was going to be Felicity originally) I still don't put too much support into dramatic theories, but I do file them for later if they actually do make sense, like you're saying. 

As for too many plots, they still seem to be doing this paralysis arc along with Felicity's dad (probably to give off the Oracle/Proxy vs. Calculator vibe), although I am now thinking that the plot with her dad is going to be less emotional and more confrontational. The more that I think of it, I believe that they could somewhat get away with all of these rather bad things happening to the team (read: Felicity) if they give off completely different reactions. For instance, the paralysis plot could have the only sad reaction from Felicity, while the plot with her dad shows more of an angry side (proving that Felicity is still very capable even against her own father) and the baby mama drama shows an emotional disconnection (solemnly ending the engagement and telling Oliver that they need space and that she can no longer trust him fully since he can't trust her). All of these moments can still have an element of sadness, but if they balance them out with different emotions and story beats, it might turn out better. I'm not excusing the idea of them jamming all of these events so closely together, but if they do something different each time, I think it can weed out the misery. Of course, if they did add something else like infertility or miscarriage, I would have no idea how they would balance that out against everything else.  

Then again, in terms of misery and drama, guessing that Felicity is paralyzed/wheelchair-bound honestly seemed on-par with the overactive predictions that I've seen in the past. I mean, people predicted this would happen back in s2 and I never really believed them, but now that it has large traction in press and one instagram video with a wheelchair, it's suddenly most likely true? Granted, there is still a lot of support for the theory (Felicity's injury, the type of wheelchair on set, the Calculator coming and probably being Felicity's dad), but it still just reminds me of the crazy theories people had from back in s2, regardless of how I feel about it now. At this point, I do believe it will happen, but out of all the overactive predictions that I've seen in Arrow, this is definitely not on my list for the ones that I wanted to be true. 

Then again, in terms of misery and drama, guessing that Felicity is paralyzed/wheelchair-bound honestly seemed on-par with the overactive predictions that I've seen in the past. I mean, people predicted this would happen back in s2 and I never really believed them, but now that it has large traction in press and one instagram video with a wheelchair, it's suddenly most likely true? Granted, there is still a lot of support for the theory (Felicity's injury, the type of wheelchair on set, the Calculator coming and probably being Felicity's dad), but it still just reminds me of the crazy theories people had from back in s2, regardless of how I feel about it now. At this point, I do believe it will happen, but out of all the overactive predictions that I've seen in Arrow, this is definitely not on my list for the ones that I wanted to be true. 

The wheelchair/spinal injury theory has actual evidence, both in-show (she was shot in a place that could include a spinal injury (bc if you're shot in the side/front and the bullet keeps going, it can hit the spine)) and more importantly out-of-show (pic of wheelchair in loft, all the pics of EBR/Felicity sitting down, Oracle, and Proxy...for goodness' sake, comics Proxy is the Calculator's daughter; he returns to see her after she's paralyzed and put in a wheelchair...that's a big juicy beefsteak of evidence right there). I get that especially for the Oracle thing it is a bastardization of that storyline, bc the point of that was that it was Barbara's way of continuing the fight when she couldn't really continue it physically, but bastardizing plots is Guggie's bread and butter.

Re evidence of Felicity being pregnant and miscarrying or being infertile, in-show there is her drinking a clear liquid that may or may not have been water when some other characters were drinking seemingly alcoholic beverages, and there is her being shot in the torso. Out-of-show, there's nothing. If they were tying Spawn to her having fertility issues, Spawn would have to be tied to her fertility issues, by being, like, there. Extant. In existence in her and Oliver's life together in some meaningful way. I personally think BM and Spawn may never actually appear again, and will only be referred to. I know Black Canary had a fertility storyline, but they've never subbed in a comics BC story for Felicity that I'm aware of, other than the very general storyline of GA and BC being a couple for some period of time.

As a bit of an aside, whether they did/did not use birth control (condoms, diaphragm) or Felicity is on some form of hormonal birth control (pill, Depo or IUD), is just not something that the show is going to get into. The fact that Oliver wasn't shown reaching for a condom during their few love scenes is just par for the course for most network tv show sex scenes. And by most, I mean like 99%. I think it's kind of crazy that people were all amped that "they didn't use birth control in Nanda, she's pregnant, OMG!!!"...Oliver also wasn't shown reaching for a condom when he banged Helena, McKenna, Laurel, Isabel, or Sara, and Ray and Felicity weren't shown reaching for a condom. Re discussing birth control in general, that almost never happens on shows that are not about parenthood. I am personally entirely comfortable that Felicity, an extremely independent, intelligent and pragmatic young woman, would be on long-term hormonal birth control and would also have had Oliver tested up, down, and sideways for STDs before entering a long-term no-condom sexual relationship with him. (I give her a pass on Nanda re STDs, bc it wasn't planned and she may not have brought a condom, but no way she wasn't on bc then and before then.)

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

I'm guessing Digg's going over to The Flash to find out about Oliver's souper seekrit love child? Or maybe going to check in on him since Oliver would have to be an even bigger moron than we think he is to make that trip with DD after him. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Oh so Diggle gets to say lying to Felicity is the right thing? Screw that. Ugh

Remember Diggle is also the person who told Oliver that him telling Thea that he's the Arrow would push her away for good and that he shouldn't tell her. 

• Love 1

Totally agree that birth control is not something they would talk about or make the effort to show/discuss on ARROW. And I totally believe that both FS & OQ are taking precautions to avoid little ones. However, the fact that the show does not address it allows for the writers to use that to their advantage whenever they want to tap the melodrama of a pregnancy scare or tragedy of a lost child. It's not like some shows that go out of their way to prove that their characters are having safe sex.

As for too many plots, they still seem to be doing this paralysis arc along with Felicity's dad (probably to give off the Oracle/Proxy vs. Calculator vibe), although I am now thinking that the plot with her dad is going to be less emotional and more confrontational. The more that I think of it, I believe that they could somewhat get away with all of these rather bad things happening to the team (read: Felicity) if they give off completely different reactions. For instance, the paralysis plot could have the only sad reaction from Felicity, while the plot with her dad shows more of an angry side (proving that Felicity is still very capable even against her own father) and the baby mama drama shows an emotional disconnection (solemnly ending the engagement and telling Oliver that they need space and that she can no longer trust him fully since he can't trust her). All of these moments can still have an element of sadness, but if they balance them out with different emotions and story beats, it might turn out better. I'm not excusing the idea of them jamming all of these events so closely together, but if they do something different each time, I think it can weed out the misery. Of course, if they did add something else like infertility or miscarriage, I would have no idea how they would balance that out against everything else.  

I don't see the wheelchair plot line and the long-lost Dad as too many plots. I think people are making logical connections between the WC & Calculator being connected due to the spoilery pics, the comics and the writers natural tendencies when it comes to tragedy as inspiration. It felt far fetched with just one of those 3, but once they released the info about her father it started to make sense. It actually seems like just the right amount of plot to occupy FS's arc, considering they have to give her some drama & tragedy to make it through sweeps. That and the temptation to emulate/steal from the comics is probably too great.

Heck this is the same group of writers that gave LL an addiction out of the blue that magically cured itself. Since we are told to believe that LL's desire to beat people was not a transference of her addiction but rather just her heroic destiny. And used it as a way to connect her to her father. One just doesn't develop a pill & alcohol dependency overnight, and there were no signs of substance dependency in LL in s1, an addictive personality with poor coping mechanisms, but those people don't go to AA out of the blue every now & then. It seems perfectly logical to me that the same writers would find a way to put FS in a wheelchair temporarily to connect her to her father. At least they found a more practical tragedy to connect FS to her father via gun shot wounds. I just hope they can maintain some type of medical accuracy when it comes to her injuries & recovery, even if it is only TV medicine level.

Diggle better not be the one who tells Oliver to keep that from Felicity! If he does FUCK HIM!

Remember Diggle is also the person who told Oliver that him telling Thea that he's the Arrow would push her away for good and that he shouldn't tell her.

I remember how stupid that was. It angers me that these writers think trusting a woman who lied to him for over 8 years over his girlfriend is the right thing. If Dig keeps it from Felicity I hope she tells them both to Fuck off

• Love 1

Right. I'm gonna have major issues with Diggle if he tries selling the lie to Felicity as a good thing. It's bullshit, plain and simple. You do NOT, under any circumstance, withhold that from the woman you ask to marry you.

If he does I'm going to have issues advocating for more Delicity scenes. Felicity deserves a better friend than that. 

They might frame it as Diggle telling Oliver he had no choice in holding to the mothers wishes (cause logic does not apply here apparently) but that doesn't mean Felicity doesn't have every right to be pissed. And then encourage Oliver to talk to the mother and get her to change her mind....leading Oliver to lie to Felicity to see the mother where Paps then get a good 'family' shot and that is how Felicity finds out.

(edited)

Isn't Diggle going over to The Flash for that Suicide Squad episode? Diggle/Lyla tracking down Sharkman?

Flash should be ahead of Arrow filming wise, they're probably starting 415 tomorrow, so DR may have gone for the table read. Shouldn't the secret already be out by 414? 415 seems to late to be called mid-season, even 414 is rather late.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I hope Dig's trip to CC has nothing to do with the Baby Mama drama. There is no way his involvement can be a good thing, unless OQ has already revealed the truth to FS. Which considering how quickly plot can go on ARROW, just might happen. Perhaps FS sends Dig as a trusted friend to examine the situation from a more neutral standpoint and make sure that William is safe and secure from DD.

I wonder if Dig's visit will have anything to do with Wally West and that whole other long lost son drama. I can't see a easy plot connection at the moment, but DR would hit it out of the park with JLM & CP. It could be a HIVE thing. Or maybe a drug thing with ANDY. Plus, I would love to see Dig and Iris scenes. if she thought OQ's arms were big, can you imagine her response to Digs !?!