Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Yeah, and it seems like a change from when Ray was first introduced. He genuinely seemed to want to help Starling, sorry, I mean Star City. Even doing it in memory of dead fiancee made more sense. 

Ugh so stupid. (the plot, not your post, jay741982)

Yeah I'm hoping that line he told her makes her realize down the line That's why she fell in love with Oliver and her feelings for him are being projected onto Ray. And no worries I knew you weren't calling my post stupid lol

• Love 1

3x18 is Public Enemy

did he finally confirm?

If he wants Lauriver to happen again, he'll destroy the one remaining obstacle.

if they wanted Lauiver to happen again wouldn't they have used 314 to hint at it? Have Oliver jealous of T/L? Show flashback Laurel as massively hung up on dead Oliver? From what I understand there was no hints, not even a wiff of Lauiver in the flashbacks and continued (minor) development of Olicity. revisit of 4 people Oliver saw before he died in 309, asking how many people Oliver can lose before he loses Oliver (highlighting Felicity). They also threw a "cute" Olicity scene in the flashback, having an almost meet and stone cold emotionally broken Oliver almost smile because of Felicity. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

did he finally confirm?

Yep

if they wanted Lauiver to happen again wouldn't they have used 314 to hint at it? Have Oliver jealous of T/L? Show flashback Laurel as massively hung up on dead Oliver? From what I understand there was no hints, not even a wiff of Lauiver in the flashbacks and continued (minor) development of Olicity. revisit of 4 people Oliver saw before he died in 309, asking how many people Oliver can lose before he loses Oliver (highlighting Felicity). They also threw a "cute" Olicity scene in the flashback, having an almost meet and stone cold emotionally broken Oliver almost smile because of Felicity.

Yeah, obviously these people don't have a problem retconning so of course anything goes from here on out, but they passed up every opportunity to even hint at Oliver and Laurel, so...I think this one may actually be dead. Until they decide to pick it up again, I guess. Which is hopefully never.

• Love 4

I have a big problem with Ray only wanting to save Felicity. Oliver does too cause he cares and loves her deeper but he wants to save his city and protect his sister and friends as well. That's more noble to me

First  he wanted to save the city because of his dead fiance/wife (whatever, Brandon).  Then when he saw Felicity in danger, he realized he wanted to save her.

(Anyone with a kidney basin?)

So now Felicity is going to be his inspiration rather than Anna.  And Felicity is going to try to keep him from going overboard like Oliver does. And meanwhile Oliver, having left the city yet again, and I guess he's still there a month later for The Offer on March 18th.  So much for his crusade to save the city.

Then Diggle gets married, with Ray going as Felicity's +1, and then Felicity is off to Central City with Ray, where presumably she gets hurt.

How can I not love this season?

ETA:  I just saw the promo for the next episode. Lots of Malcolm, Ra's Oliver, Thea, plus Diggle and Laurel and of course Ray in his new suit. There is one shot of Felicity, a group shot with Oliver, Diggle and Roy in the front, Laurel just behind them and Felicity waaaay in the back.  Is that Oliver hanging from the ropes being tortured.  I can't wait. [/sarcasm]

Edited by statsgirl

While I think Felicity getting injured in an interesting/non-damsel-ing way would be awesome, and I rather love the idea of Malcolm coming after her and/or she flatlines for 5 seconds, I can't see them giving her that much prominence.

So my proposal for MG's "5 seconds" for 3x18 is that it's the amount of time Oliver and Felicity spend in the same scene together.

• Love 3

So my proposal for MG's "5 seconds" for 3x18 is that it's the amount of time Oliver and Felicity spend in the same scene together.

It's not the the amount of screentime they have together. MG sort of confirmed that when someone asked him if it was regarding screentime and he responded "where would you get that idea" or something like that.

My guess is it's some sort of bomb or team arrow is on the clock or something... hmmm

• Love 1

It's not the the amount of screentime they have together. MG sort of confirmed that when someone asked him if it was regarding screentime and he responded "where would you get that idea" or something like that.

My guess is it's some sort of bomb or team arrow is on the clock or something... hmmm

Coupled with he doesn't think we'd dislike the Olicity in the Episode and SA saying Oliver MIGHT have to face life without Felicity it could be she flatlines for 5 seconds, she gets saved with 5 seconds to spare from a bomb by Oliver

Curious to see how long it takes the internet to solve this... #crowdsourcing

https://twitter.com/...205975296962560

The above is from MG Twitter (the link is in The Spoiler's Only section)  This isn't news but Guggenheim is such a troll.  He posted the title page for 3.18 but this time showed the P and the space and the m and then wondered how long it would take for the crowdsourcing to figure it out...except that people, a lot of people have been tweeting and sending Public Enemy as a guess since last week and he pretends no one could figure it out before.   Douche. 

• Love 5

So is Oliver forced to not be Arrow in 3x19 or is he just not able to be the Arrow anymore? Hence the title? I am not sure that I want to see him as a member the LoA. The only other suit (other than a LoA outfit) he can probably put on is his Oliver Queen suit. I doubt it has something to do with Laurel and Roy not wanting to embrace their costumes any longer. 

• Love 1

So is Oliver forced to not be Arrow in 3x19 or is he just not able to be the Arrow anymore? Hence the title? I am not sure that I want to see him as a member the LoA. The only other suit (other than a LoA outfit) he can probably put on is his Oliver Queen suit. I doubt it has something to do with Laurel and Roy not wanting to embrace their costumes any longer. 

It's the "very last time" part that throws me. That sounds final, not temporary, and there's no way Oliver isn't going to come back as the Arrow eventually.

Then again, SA did spend all of winter hiatus insisting that Oliver was dead, so... yeah. I got nothing.

Edited by lemotomato

So, Thea is the one to give Malcolm to the LoA and Oliver wants to save him... because he saves Thea's soul in the process, I guess?

Oliver makes dumb decisions for very romantic reasons (romantic not in relationship-sense, but in the doomed generation sense).

But I will really beak my tv if the "twisted ending" or "game changer" is the final shot of Ray in a suit ready to rumble. There will be no coming back after the hiatus for me if that is the parting shot of the episode.

• Love 3

LET ME DREAM DAMMIT :p

LOL I'm sorry :) I'm doing it for your own good, I swear:P

Re: next week episode, what makes you think Laurel will be in Nanda Parbat? I only saw Oliver and Diggle. I think that shot of Laurel and someone holding a sword to her throat takes place on that rooftop? Like maybe she finds out Malcolm is responsible for Sara's death, goes after him, but then the League jumps out of nowhere and take him because it's their duty or something. IDK

Edited by looptab

The suit looks really fine up until you reach the head part. That looks terrible. I cannot even find a proper comparison for it. A slimmer Buzz Lightyear maybe. I don't understand what he thinks he will accomplish with the suit? Does he want to fight crime in general, does he want to fight against low life criminals or wait for the next Mirakruru outbreak?

One the other hand, I like how Nanda Parbat looks. Does Thea contact the LoA? How does she do that if she is the one who tells them about Malcolm? Do they have a number you can call? Smoke signal? Or do they randomly pop up in SC and Thea just came across Nyssa and thought: "Oh, excuse me, good that you are here, do you have a moment? I have something that would interest you."?

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

Good lord, if Thea actually works out a pardon with the LoA by handing over Malcolm and Oliver stops it because he doesn't like the idea that Thea would be involved with someone else's murder, you know ignoring Sara's, this storyline would just hit one more rung on the ludicrous scale.

• Love 5

Regarding the recent pic that SA posted on his FB page (showing the Arrow, BC and Arsenal) and a comment of PB about this pic (that he himself probably took?). SA said about this pic:

"Capturing some things for the very last time tonight."

My speculation is he means: PB, aka Detective Lance, has captured some things for the very last time, because Detective Lance is going to be killed off. What do you think? BTW, couldn't this be the real "game changer" that was announced for 3x18?

• Love 1

I don't think Quentin is gonna die. Come on, Laurel would be so blamed for that! She was worried all season that the stress of his daughter dying would kill Quentin, but what she didn't expect is that the stress comes from his broken bond with Laurel, Sara's death, everyone's betrayal, his foolishness for not noticing sooner... I mean most of those stressors are a result of Laurel's lies. Quentin is beloved, and if he died, Laurel would be ripped to shreds which is what I think the writers want to avoid.

Unless, they kill Quentin by having someone shoot him dead... hmm

My speculation is he means: PB, aka Detective Lance, has captured some things for the very last time, because Detective Lance is going to be killed off. What do you think? BTW, couldn't this be the real "game changer" that was announced for 3x18?

Killing Quentin would hardly be a game-changer though.

Killing Quentin would hardly be a game-changer though.

In Guggenheim speak it probably would. But honestly, Guggenheim would probably call it a game-changer if it involved Cassidy changing the shade of nail polish she uses for her Canary cosplay.

Oh, and I see he's being a douchebag to people on twitter again, as per those two question responses posted in the Spoiler thread. Such a classy guy.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 6

So I'm assuming we get to watch Oliver get his ass handed to him by Ra's again? Nothing he has done since last time would change the outcome.

Laurel in a fight with the League would be dead. Period. Instead she is going to hold her own and have bonding time with Nyssa. Nyssa will sooth her pain over her Dad and tell her stuff like 'Sara always knew you would be here. She would have been happy to die knowing you took the mantle.' It's so stupid its true.

In a repeat of Laurel's arc, they get rid of Oliver so Ray can become the Atom.

Nothing on Diggle or Felicity.

I wish Felicity and Ray were dating now. I want it over with.

• Love 2

It's a tiny TINY TINY bit silly that they need to get rid of the hero of the show to make the other heroes relevant. And then when said hero returns everyone throws rocks at him for returning and not accepting the new status quo.

And no. Noooo. Felicity and Ray is not something I want to see. At all.

...whhyyyyyyy?

• Love 9

So the set photos leaked and SA's photo were still from 3x18 I'm assuming?  On the script they said last day of filming was yesterday. Uggh I'm actually looking forward to 3x18 just to see what the hell is going on lol. 

Oh look. The promo makes it seem like everyone is in on the action - including Diggle, at last - but then there's Felicity, who'll be off babysitting/dating Ray. Joy.

I've been on a Quentin death watch for most of this season, although as others have said, I hardly call his death a game changer. If they wanted to make something of his death, he should have been the one to die rather than Sara. It still could have given Laurel-clearly-needs-someone-to-die-to-be-BC her motivation. 

I'm suddenly getting very nervous about the fate of Diggle though. They wouldn't kill off Diggle would they? IMO that would be a game changer because it's DIGGLE. 

Oh look. The promo makes it seem like everyone is in on the action - including Diggle, at last - but then there's Felicity, who'll be off babysitting/dating Ray. Joy.

I've been on a Quentin death watch for most of this season, although as others have said, I hardly call his death a game changer. If they wanted to make something of his death, he should have been the one to die rather than Sara. It still could have given Laurel-clearly-needs-someone-to-die-to-be-BC her motivation. 

I'm suddenly getting very nervous about the fate of Diggle though. They wouldn't kill off Diggle would they? IMO that would be a game changer because it's DIGGLE.

If Diggle dies People will RAGE. I will too. Diggle Felicity and Lance are 3 people I don't want to die. But since People have to die to continue Buckles development I see Lance biting it :(

• Love 3

I hope the spoiler I posted means that Laurel is leaving. pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls

Hahaha yeah that was my first thought too. That's cruel to play with our hopes like that SA.

My first thought was that post meant Quentin was biting it too. Although it seems to me if that was the case he'd be in the picture too.

Yeah, I've been expecting Quentin to get killed off this season anyway, so it could be. But you say, it's weird that he wouldn't have been in the picture then.

So....wild theories! Roy leaves the show to join Teen Titans (from a poster on IMDB) or gets killed off. Laurel really does leave the show, maybe because her cover's blown and she's now in trouble with the law for being a vigilante. SA is leaving the show and it's going to be renamed The Atom. (Lol)

Agreed.

I've also for some reason gotten nervous about Diggle recently. I'm not sure why. I guess maybe (and this is probably a stupid reason) that whole "we have plans for Diggle" sounded to me a lot like what they said about Sara. And we know what happened there. Also, if they really are determined to go with a new Team Arrow of Arrow/BC/Arsenal, they need to break the old Team Arrow somehow.

Not saying it WILL happen - just saying I sympathize. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

I've also for some reason gotten nervous about Diggle recently. I'm not sure why. I guess maybe (and this is probably a stupid reason) that whole "we have plans for Diggle" sounded to me a lot like what they said about Sara. And we know what happened there. Also, if they really are determined to go with a new Team Arrow of Arrow/BC/Arsenal, they need to break the old Team Arrow somehow.

I'm only nervous because they've sidelined him repeatedly and written him OOC a few times this season, like they just don't care. And after the way they've handled this BC arc, basically destroying everything in its way, I'm convinced that only person who is safe on this show is Laurel. Everyone else is expendable, including Oliver to an extent, given the way they're treating him lately.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 8

How many characters have to die for this chick to be a vigilante?

• Love 7

Laurel dying or KC permanently leaving the show would actually explain her speedy "rise" to BC and everyone suddenly thinking that she's the bestest ever, but I'm not even going to go there.  I got my hopes up last season, and I was left oh so disappointed.  It's kind of evil that Stephen phrased it like that because he's gotta know that people are immediately going to jump to the conclusion that maybe KC is on her way out.  Don't mess with my emotions!    

• Love 11

Mm I wonder when the promo pics will be released for 3x15. Since the show came back from the hiatus they were very consistent with releasing them the Wednesday before the episode showed.

I doubt they're going to kill off Diggle - isn't DR the only POC regular they've got? Unless they upgrade Karl Yune or something. God, that's sad. But they're aware of racial representation on the show to the point where they included DR as the only non-masked person on a panel about masked people so it wouldn't be all white, so I bet they'd make him a getaway driver for the rest of his life before they actually killed him off. 

• Love 7

I doubt they're going to kill off Diggle - isn't DR the only POC regular they've got? Unless they upgrade Karl Yune or something. God, that's sad. But they're aware of racial representation on the show to the point where they included DR as the only non-masked person on a panel about masked people so it wouldn't be all white, so I bet they'd make him a getaway driver for the rest of his life before they actually killed him off. 

yeah that's the reason I think they won't kill Diggle off as well. They might never use him well but they'll keep him on the show.

I find that absolutely sad. Then again TWD seems to only allow 2 Black Men in the cast at a time, not really sure which is worse.

As for the picture and SAs comment, probably Arsenal bouncing from the group so it could be the Arrow/Canary show just like last year. Laurel/KC has to get everything Sara/CL did after all.

• Love 2

I'm still wondering when the hell Tatsu will become Katana. They said that happens this season right? I wonder how she'll come into the story again.

I'm far more interested in her and Maseo than I am anything else right now. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Beyond Roy as Arrow being arrested, what do we know of him for the rest of the season? With Thea stepping up in combat and in on the secret and out with Malcolm, she could slide into Speedy really easily. I know all the spec on "The Offer" has centered around Oliver somehow trading himself to the LoA for Thea, but Roy would probably be even happier to do so.

• Love 1

I'm still wondering when the hell Tatsu will become Katana. They said that happens this season right? I wonder how she'll come into the story again.

I'm far more interested in her and Maseo than I am anything else right now.

I'm thinking her and Maseo are both in Starling City by the end of the season. They would fit I to my Felicity gets killed then revived just like Oliver theory lol

Beyond Roy as Arrow being arrested, what do we know of him for the rest of the season? With Thea stepping up in combat and in on the secret and out with Malcolm, she could slide into Speedy really easily. I know all the spec on "The Offer" has centered around Oliver somehow trading himself to the LoA for Thea, but Roy would probably be even happier to do so.

Well MG said Roy has Big story coming for him(Dig and Felicity should get one MG you Dick)