Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

It's already happened in season finale, so nothing new here.

I don't know, while I do think it was stupid to have her agree to return to the League, I think it fits in with the theme of the show/her character as far as sacrificing herself for others. Toward the end she was still willing to kill for the greater good, and I think, deep down, in order to rationalize keeping her family and loved ones safe, she could accept returning to the League as something she had to do. She started to believe in herself a bit at the end of the season, started thinking that maybe she wasn't so awful after all. So yeah, while going back to the League was stupid story-wise, having her return (if she ever even left) to Starling and start villaining it up, yeah. I think negates things. 

If the show goes in that direction, I think it will hasten the show's demise.  Quickly.  I think the EPs are giving themselves and Laurel's fans (which are outnumbered by Felicity fans - and, I'm pretty sure by Sara's fans - especially if you combine them) a treat that will end up being a massive mistake for everyone else.

I'm pretty sure after the powerhouse that is Olicity, the second most popular ship is Smoaking Canary. Add that to the fact that EBR and CL seem to be really good friends IRL. 

Agreed on Stephen's physique. Wow! You can't ever say he doesn't look like a super hero. 

• Love 4

Didn't they say that we are not going to see someone for the first few episodes? So who is it then? We have Willa, Paul and Caity in Vancouver. If it's John Barrowman, why would we see Thea without Malcolm if she left with him. Did he just leave her on her own? 

(edited)

Its actually an older photo just wanted to lift up the spirits with Captain Amell.

Well, thank you anyway! It's like Christmas in July!

Amazing how so many fans I know have been sweating it out all afternoon about if the photo was of CL or her body double.

This hiatus is ridiculous.

Edited by writersblock51

Didn't they say that we are not going to see someone for the first few episodes? So who is it then? We have Willa, Paul and Caity in Vancouver. If it's John Barrowman, why would we see Thea without Malcolm if she left with him. Did he just leave her on her own?

I don't think Willa is actually in 301...I could have sworn Thea was the character that would be missing for a few episodes. I know she was at the dinner but maybe she's just back early for training or something?

I'm pretty sure after the powerhouse that is Olicity, the second most popular ship is Smoaking Canary.

I think so, too.

Which I have to think the EPs and network are aware of.  And, comics or no, they want a long running, successful show - which means they need to tread VERY carefully on who they put where and how.  After 2 seasons, a blind man could see that Laurel isn't working out well.

• Love 1

Willa was tweeting that she has a few weeks to put on some muscle, so it's probably her. Her trainer seems to be in Vancouver, so that might be why she's there now.

If Caity was there and now flew somewhere else, it is possible she was just there to film a flashback scene of some conversation she had with someone. She still might be the one missing. I'm afraid to get my hopes up where she's concerned.

(edited)

Taking to fan Fic thread.

I'm pretty sure after the powerhouse that is Olicity, the second most popular ship is Smoaking Canary.

Edited by BkWurm1

Didn't they say that we are not going to see someone for the first few episodes?

Its Thea who will be missing. Stephen Amell had confirmed that we won't be seeing Thea at the beginning of the season. Also, According to Will's tweets, she will be training for the next 6 weeks to put on muscle.. So, I guess she will start filming after 6 weeks.

(edited)

When did Amell confirm that? I know he mentioned it being a possibility at Denver but it wasn't confirmed as far as I know. 

Edit: 6 weeks would be around 4 eps right? 

Good that she's putting in the effort to make Thea's transformation work...but sucks (for me at least) if she's not in those 4. 

Edited by wingster55

When did Amell confirm that?

He seemed pretty certain for Thea and said "possibly" for Malcom, so I guess we can deduce from that. And also Willa's reference to 6 weeks.

ETA: I was typing this while new posts were added above mine, but I see that multiple people are just wondering what kind of trick this will be.  I think that it's sad that I have such a level of distrust with these writers that I always look for the negative in any good news I get.  You have failed this show, EPs!  

Absolutely. I remember last year when I was enthusiastic about the spoilers and couldn't wait for the start of the season. Now, I'm waiting to know about the seriousness of the Laurel-itis case that the show suffers from (and how my least favorite tropes might come into play) in order to decide if I definitely check out.

I wonder if the EPs have the same impression...if the majority of the audience is now kind of an adversary they have to trick, and not a friend they have to entertain.

Sometimes, I think that PR and its ambiguousness re: spoilers damages a show more than it helps, especially when on the Net, everything gets blown out of proportions.

"You want candy, look at the pretty candy. Ops you can't have it."

My exact thoughts when I saw the CW synopsis. Actually, they were: "Look at the pwetty, pwetty chocolate! You want the pwetty, pwetty chocolate? Too bad ! We're going to feed you boiled spinach instead, because that's what you need."

• Love 1

I'm putting this here because even though it's a fear it's based on the BTS photo from 301 so it's technically a spoiler (I think).  Anyway I don't think I can go through another season of OMG Sara's going to die this season to kick start Laurel becoming Black Canary!  It's just too much anxiety and makes me too angry thinking about the stupidity of the EPs if they do go there.  I don't care what side of the argument you're on but bringing Sara back as Canary only to kill her off so that Laurel could take the role over is the dumbest move they could do (IMO).  

• Love 6

...bringing Sara back as Canary only to kill her off so that Laurel could take the role over is the dumbest move they could do...

I could not agree more.

This show could be sooooooooooooooo good, it has so many elements going for it.  But the telegraphing that's coming out about Laurel as BC is a massive turn off for me.

The sister swapping would still have been a big issue for a lot of people, but one big thing the EP's could have done to make it better would be to have the girl Oliver left behind Sara and the one on the boat with him be Laurel.

For me the biggest problem is motivation. What would motivate Laurel to become a vigilante instead of using the law (that she has knowledge of) to help those in need? Sara is bad! I won't even lie, chick is amazing. But I'm really unconcerned by the BC thing. I just need to be convinced by Laurel. Look at Thea. Physically she looks like a gust of wind can knock her over. But because of her motivation in the final 5 episodes, I can definitely believe her going away with her daddy and becoming stronger, mentally and physically.

• Love 2

The sister swapping would still have been a big issue for a lot of people, but one big thing the EP's could have done to make it better would be to have the girl Oliver left behind Sara and the one on the boat with him be Laurel.

I never thought about that. I'd still have hated the sister angle, but it would explain Laurel as BC. I always thought it would have been better to either do some pre-pilot or S1 setup or introduce her later. Sara being alive and being Canary was obviously something they thought up some time during S1.

I think the most bizarre speculation I've seen is that Laurel will get her canary cry right away in S3 and then it's fine for her to be a vigilante right away. For one thing, I doubt Laurel will be meta after they showed us those sonic cry things Sara used. How would they explain Laurel getting that same ability? Magic? I don't care what's going on in the Flash world. Unless she falls into a crate of the canary cry devices, gets doused in chemicals and then struck by lightning *g*. Seriously, I know the Laurel stans are eager but let's exercise some reason and try not to further assassinate the character. I have to believe the writers know better than to be that ridiculous.

• Love 2

and Felicity/EBR's hair is shorter but not what I would consider 'short.' 

I hope the business portion of S3 is less ridiculous than it was in S2.  It irked me how little thought the show put into it.  Was it as big a deal as the Slade Army story?  Not really BUT Oliver's lifestyle/wealth, Applied Sciences, and link to his parents' company are pretty big factors for him.

• Love 2

Its funny what these photos show.

For past two seasons Felicity was the lighter person while Oliver was the broody one. In these BTS photos, Oliver is smiling and Felicity is the serious one.

I don't know, Oliver kind of looks like he's being an ass to Felicity in those photos.  He's not looking at her when he's talking to her, he's walking in front of her, he's using hand gestures that looks like annoyance to me.  Felicity doesn't look very happy, that's for sure.

I wonder what's happening in that scene. Oliver doesn't look particularly happy in most of the photos and neither does Felicity. But then he smiles towards to the end.

WHY IS FELICITY STILL HIS EA??!!!!!

OK so she might not be but it's just a question. I hope by the end of the season she isn't because she is destined for greater things.

She can't be an EA when he's not an Executive.

She was filmed at QC the day before so more than likely it's QC business. Maybe they're discussing getting QC back or maybe he's mad because she's still working there or they had a run in with Ray Palmer.

(edited)

I'm just going to be pleased that we get a scene of them outside and during the day.  Nice to see them out and about even if it's not all light and happy. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

She can't be an EA when he's not an Executive.

She was filmed at QC the day before so more than likely it's QC business. Maybe they're discussing getting QC back or maybe he's mad because she's still working there or they had a run in with Ray Palmer.

Good point that I completely forgot. But I still wouldn't enjoy her in that capacity again. Although I did love seeing Oliver in his business suit mode.

(edited)

Given the S3 synopsis, I wonder if this is a case of Oliver being a bit on cloud 9, finally feeling like things are going his way and just being non-Oliver about whatever just happened and smiling and not worrying about it and Felicity's all, "What about this? What about that?" and he's blowing her off because the city loves him and he's on vacation from Angstville in Mainpain Proper for about twenty minutes.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I hope that's his "one good suit." I'm really looking forward to how Oliver being poor changes the game. Are we going to watch him go around collecting his arrows after a fight because those things aren't cheap? Thanks to Cowboy Bebop, I find the down-on-their-luck protagonist more realistic and entertaining than the endless money kind. Broke Team Arrow should be even more badass this season because they literally can't afford to mess around.

(edited)

Oliver sure doesn't LOOK broke. I might not be paying attention but does losing QC mean that he loses the Queen Mansion as well? And though technically Thea was running Verdant, wasn't she still young enough not to have it in her name? I mean maybe Oliver still has the club to fall back on unless it was destroyed and I just made an ass of myself...oops.

My point is that perhaps Oliver is not as rich as he used to be but he's still not penniless either. Also I'm going to have a hissy fit if Oliver hires Laurel as his lawyer to get back the company or whatever. The last thing I want is the show turning Laurel into a shoulder he can rest his head on cuz its hurting from his large stock of manpain.

Edited by At Leisure

Oliver sure doesn't LOOK broke. I might not be paying attention but does losing QC mean that he loses the Queen Mansion as well? And though technically Thea was running Verdant, wasn't she still young enough not to have it in her name? I mean maybe Oliver still has the club to fall back on unless it was destroyed and I just made an ass of myself...oops.

That's what made zero sense on the show. Show is saying he's lost both the mansion and Verdant. Isabel even served Thea with (I think) eviction paperwork. But that's not how corporation takeovers work so it was stupid and confusing.

• Love 4

Wow...really? So what about the famous Queen family jewels? I mean is the Fanfiction correct and Oliver will now have to move in with Felicity? Not that I'm complaining.

But how will he afford a lawyer not to mention the very expensive arrows? Very confusing, that. But then its Arrow...so...yeah...you get the meaning.

Seriously rich people are never never truly poor. There will always be hidden assets, his trust fund which would be separate from his QC holdings and a woman like Moira would have a seriously hefty life insurance which will be passed on to her two children so even if Oliver has lost QC (and I still do not know how losing the position of CEO would devalue his 50 percent shares) his personal wealth would still be in millions, if not billions.

• Love 2

I figured with the mansion and Verdant that they could lose them because they were corporate assets not Queen family personal assets. As long as the Queens owned more than 50% of the stock and had the executive positions it was no problem. The Undertaking changed things.

Given the S3 synopsis, I wonder if this is a case of Oliver being a bit on cloud 9, finally feeling like things are going his way and just being non-Oliver about whatever just happened and smiling and not worrying about it and Felicity's all, "What about this? What about that?" and he's blowing her off because the city loves him and he's on vacation from Angstville in Mainpain Proper for about twenty minutes.

That's exactly what I was thinking too when I saw the stills. Oliver is probably high on life and Felicity looks concerned because she's never seen him so...happy. She looks wigged out more than anything else. Its gonna be interesting to watch that scene though to see what's really going on. 

Seriously rich people are never never truly poor. There will always be hidden assets, his trust fund which would be separate from his QC holdings and a woman like Moira would have a seriously hefty life insurance which will be passed on to her two children so even if Oliver has lost QC (and I still do not know how losing the position of CEO would devalue his 50 percent shares) his personal wealth would still be in millions, if not billions.

This. Oliver might not be as rich as he once was but I don't see how a billionaire like him could ever be truly poor. And its not even as if he's a self made nouveau riche billionaire, he's old money wealthy.

This whole storyline with Oliver being poor now is honestly so ridiculous. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Oliver will be as poor as the show needs him to be.  In real life, the Queens would have assets stashed all over the place, overseas and in smaller accounts but this is a comic book TV show.

However, given the takeover attempts at the beginning of s2, I can see that Moira might use the foundry (Verdant), the mansion and the jewelry and paintings to shore up the loans they would have taken out to keep half of the QC stock.  Even if the mansion is still in the family's hands (which is doubtful given how barren it was in the season finale), Oliver would probably still sell it so he could have start-up funds to get QC back.

I wonder how much Moira's life insurance was, given that the company had to pay out on Robert's.

It does look like Oliver's in a good mood, or at least explaining to Felicity why everything is going to work out now.  I hated that boob dress in s2, and I hate it even more in purple now.  If she's wearing that to a business meeting, the show deserves a smacking.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oliver will be as poor as the show needs him to be.  In real life, the Queens would have assets stashed all over the place, overseas and in smaller accounts but this is a comic book TV show.

However, given the takeover attempts at the beginning of s2, I can see that Moira might use the foundry (Verdant), the mansion and the jewelry and paintings to shore up the loans they would have taken out to keep half of the QC stock.  Even if the mansion is still in the family's hands (which is doubtful given how barren it was in the season finale), Oliver would probably still sell it so he could have start-up funds to get QC back.

I wonder how much Moira's life insurance was, given that the company had to pay out on Robert's.

It does look like Oliver's in a good mood, or at least explaining to Felicity why everything is going to work out now.  I hated that boob dress in s2, and I hate it even more in purple now.  If she's wearing that to a business meeting, the show deserves a smacking.

Rumor has it Oliver is coming out of the SC court house or something of sorts. and from a trailer picture from that canada something website guy, there was a trailer with Palmer's name on it (and we all know Brandon Routh filmed a scene on day one since he tweeted about it).

my guess? Oliver was in some sort of negotiation or something regarding QC and his ownership when he was told that palmer is either trying to buy QC, bought the company or has been put in place as CEO- my guess is on #1 although #3 is plausible too. this of course made him very upset and that entire scene is him pissed off telling felicity what happened. because the pics that canada guy posted, Oliver looks pissed rather than happy.

I could be wrong, but his entire body language screams "i'm tensed and mad" rather than relaxed and happy, and felicity looks attentive but concerned.

again, i could be reading the pics all wrong.

Edited by foreverevolving
(edited)

Actually I was thinking the same thing. Oliver looks downright annoyed to me and since it has been mentioned that this scene is supposed to be outside the Starling City Courthouse, then it makes sense that it was about QC.

Palmer's presence is also confirmed and will obviously irritate Oliver if Ray is trying to acquire QC. Also Oliver was doing most of the talking while Felicity listened and watched in concern.

In his scene with Laurel and Lance, Oliver looked content and somewhat happy. So if that was the first scene then something must've happened in this one to put him in a bad mood. All bets are on Ray Palmer.

Leave it to the writers to not let 'The Calm' be all that calm.

Edited by At Leisure

I was surprised to see the boob dress again since I thought it got pretty openly ridiculed but that ridicule very well might have resulted in a high number of searches for the offending dress (Google images give it as a separate sub category when you are searching Felicity Smoak)

Plus I've been seeing that boob cutout design all over TV lately. Must be very in style?

I was surprised to see the boob dress again since I thought it got pretty openly ridiculed but that ridicule very well might have resulted in a high number of searches for the offending dress (Google images give it as a separate sub category when you are searching Felicity Smoak)

Plus I've been seeing that boob cutout design all over TV lately. Must be very in style?

Probably some of both - you're right in that it's very in style. They also use Felicity as the 'hot nerd' TV trope, and men like that. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the Google image searchers were men

(edited)

Good or bad, people in real life are influenced by what they see in entertainment.  Sex and the City influenced a lot of how women dressed for a long time.  Women in lawyer and cop dramas on TV are often wearing cleavage-bearing outfits and have been for a long time.  Poppy Montgomery, as an FBI agent in Without A Trace, used to wear the most ridiculously low-cut suits.  I always thought showing a lot of cleavage in the workplace was unprofessional, but now I see it in law firms, corporations and banks. 

Edited by tv echo