Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I’ve never heard of this site and they aren’t sourcing their intel, but they say these are descriptions for 3 new characters, with the last one possibly being Batwoman.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/07/exclusive-arrow-season-7-breakdown-possibly-batwoman/

Today, That Hashtag Show is excited to reveal once again some of the new players who the creative team are adding this season. To kick this off, we have “Dover”, a male in his 30-40s who is teased as a physically intimidating player. Even though he may not be the brightest person in the room, anyone who is in his presence will feel incredibly small. Whether or not “Dover” is a cover name for a DC character or not, he will be recurring this season.

Next is “Leah”, a 30-something woman who is a world-class mercenary who was born to be a leader. Don’t mess with this one because once you see what “Leah” has in her toolbox of skills, you will see why those are known across the world.

Last, but definitely not the least we have another recurring character, “Angeline” who may be something we should pay great attention to. Described as a diverse woman in her 30s, she is a fierce fighter despite of her smaller stature. Not only is she experienced in stealth, “Angeline” is able to wipe out buildings filled with foes all by herself before she is gone like a ghost. It will be made very clear that “Angeline” thinks incredibly highly of her work.

21 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I’ve never heard of this site and they aren’t sourcing their intel,

They also posted the descriptions for the other new characters which were kind of confirmed with the audition videos that came out right after, so it kind of seems legit, although the Batwoman part seems to be complete speculation on their part rather than any insider info.

Idk, I think that they are all the Longbow Hunters if they are all grouped together like that, since that means they're likely to appear around the same time. If not and it is Batwoman, then I wonder if Oliver will get out of prison by the time they are introduced since that would be juggling Oliver's prison plot, whatever's going on the city, whatever's going on with the other new characters, The Longbow Hunters, BS/Diaz (unless that's taken down quickly), likely Felicity's company stuff, introducing Kate, and then whatever's going on with the main characters. Oliver being out at least condenses the story a good bit.

• Love 2

They read like the bad guys to me but who knows?

How many new characters does one show need though? They should be scaling back not adding more. ?

I can't point to anything specific but I got the feeling that Diaz was going to stick around long enough to introduce the Longbow Hunters and then he was gone.

Or that may just be wishful thinking.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can't point to anything specific but I got the feeling that Diaz was going to stick around long enough to introduce the Longbow Hunters and then he was gone.

Or that may just be wishful thinking.

He'd already sort of introduced them by mentioning them in the finale. All he needs to do is show up in the season premiere, meet up with them as a way of introducing them to the audience and then Felicity can kill him (William can help). That's it. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Arrow filming notice for shooting scenes on E. Pender Street yesterday (July 12) - warehouse! fighting! explosions! rooftop running! stunts!...

Dh-K8fNUwAAjpnp.jpg

From above filming notice: "Thursday, July 12th... Filming scenes inside the warehouse at 1250 E. Pender Street. Scenes will involve stunt fighting, simulate special effects gunfire, simulated special effects atmospheric smoke, simulated special effects sparks, actors dressed as police officers and exposed weapons... Filming an exterior scene in the lane way south of 1200 block E. Pender Street. Scene will involve a stunt performer running along the low rooftop of 1250 E. Pender Street and jumping into the laneway... Filming an exterior scene in the gated lot at 1250 E. Pender Street. Scene will involve some special effects simulated and controlled explosions. The scene will involve a stunt performer suspended on wires above 1200 block E. Pender Street."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

I believe that PNE is the Pacific National Exhibition amusement park in Vancouver...

It would cute and kind of bittersweet if they opened on Felicity and William trying to have fun (or even succeeding) at an amusement park without Oliver.  Probably too much to hope they'd actually shoot among an active crowd though.  More likely they used some building for some other reason.

51 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

It would cute and kind of bittersweet if they opened on Felicity and William trying to have fun (or even succeeding) at an amusement park without Oliver. 

And then Diaz and or Longbow Hunters attack. Cue action scenes.  Oliver unable to save them.

It would be worth the money for that.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

It’s unlikely to happen, but I’m rooting hard for an Olicity dream sequence. ??? (Come on!!)

I never even thought about that, lol. I never thought they'd have another kiss after 301 until the inevitable get together and 311 happened, so I shall choose to root as well.

• Love 3
(edited)

Dude seems to be working out a lot and yet he doesn't look as bulked up as I thought he would be for this prison storyline.

36 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

It’s unlikely to happen, but I’m rooting hard for an Olicity dream sequence. ??? (Come on!!)

SAME. If I have to suffer with Olicity apart, I hope they can give us some new Olicity content via either one of them dreaming, kinda like a flashback. Pretty please, Beth? Haha.

Edited by Guest

I've been hoping for Olicity dream/fantasy/flashback sequences while Oliver's in prison, although I feel like I shouldn't, for the sake of Emily's face.

28 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Dude seems to be working out a lot and yet he doesn't look as bulked up as I thought he would be for this prison storyline.

I'm not mad. Earlier today, when he posted the pic from his workout, I was admiring how great his arms look.

• Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I'm not mad. Earlier today, when he posted the pic from his workout, I was admiring how great his arms look.

I mean, I'm not either. Haha. It was just an observation! He still looks in shape. I guess I just assumed he'd get really bulked but he looks pretty lean to me.

Also, I just realized they probably can't give us Olicity flashbacks because he has that beard now. :(

Edited by Guest
(edited)
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Also, I just realized they probably can't give us Olicity flashbacks because he has that beard now. :(

Since they'll be on Episode 8 or 9 by the time the season starts to air, I suppose they could film flashbacks after Oliver's out of prison and SA looks more like regular Oliver. If they did dreams/fantasies, I'd be interested to see whether Oliver's psyche visualizes his current prison look or his normal look.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 1

My interest just went way up, thanks to calistawolf's speculation. In his last Insta story, SA's beard was all wet. I think she's onto something. And wet, shirtless dudes in a shower? I'm here for it.

• Love 2

There's a prison shower scene brawl in the Escape from Supermax film treatment, so it's not like the spec is based in thin air. 

Again, wet shirtless dudes in a shower? Gimme. 

• Love 2

So BS is basically going to take over Laurel's life? And everyone else is going to just roll with it for reasons? Sounds utterly fascinating.

I don't care if the newbies are getting along with OTA. I will still never give a fuck about them at all.

Diazzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I fell asleep out of disinterest.

It's too early to make any judgments about this season, but I think it might be smart to lower my expectations.

• Love 11

I mean, if they are stuck with them and don't hate them like some of the audience does, it's kind of one of the only things they can do. I'm still thinking they are going to push the newbies as being super supportive to OTA as an attempt to smooth over the bad feelings.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

So, what I’m reading is that BS’ storyline in season 7 is going to annoy me as much as it did in season 6. 

Gotta make Daddy proud - he didn't stage a creepy slideshow of his own daughter's life, handcuff her to a car and kidnap her to a remote cabin for nothing!

• Love 11

Siren taking over Laurels life was a no-brainer as soon as it was decided to keep her around though the team accepting (or being forced to) would've been easier had Oliver not outed himself, though I guess she still knows everyone elses secrets. I just hope they actually deal with the bad of her taking over Laurels life. She should have to watch her back as much as the Queens do since most villains shouldnt know that she's a doppelganger along with dealing with the public that were pro/anti vigilante.

• Love 1

She says there is not going to be a divide this year between the OT and the newbs but it's too late.  It's there.  FOR ME.  And is not going away.  

As for when asked about Felicity, not sure what to make of it when they say people will be in different places than one would expect in reaction to Oliver being in prison.  Is that supposed to be taken literally for Felicity and she's off in witness protection or something far stranger.  Half of me expects her to go into hiding and drop anything to do with saving the city but the other half expects her to be the new leader of the team

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I just hope they actually deal with the bad of her taking over Laurels life. She should have to watch her back as much as the Queens do since most villains shouldnt know that she's a doppelganger along with dealing with the public that were pro/anti vigilante.

Yeah, I don’t expect that to happen. After the way her pretending to be E1 LL/BC had zero consequences in season 6, I half expect if everyone else were to be arrested for being vigilantes/identities outed/targeted by criminals, nothing would happen to her. 

• Love 3

Is anyone going to wonder why Laurel isn't practicing law anymore? Or is OtherLaurel going to take correspondence law courses online using Quentin's ancient laptop while she squats at his apartment?

Regarding the other stuff, if the newbies aren't dead or leaving town, do not care. I'm also glad to hear that things are going to be terrible for Oliver. How very new and exciting!

• Love 7

So, with BS trying to live up to Laurel's legacy and basically taking over her life, what in god's name is Dinah still on the show for? Her character is as useful as a hole in the head. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Is anyone going to wonder why Laurel isn't practicing law anymore? Or is OtherLaurel going to take correspondence law courses online using Quentin's ancient laptop while she squats at his apartment?

No, she’ll be the new police captain to honor her dead father who wasn’t her father because why not? 

• Love 2

Would she even be able to practice law after being outed as a vigilante? Though she could just say being held captive for over a year has changed her career goals.

I wish they'd bring back Joanna for at least 1 episode to help deal with this.

1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

So, with BS trying to live up to Laurel's legacy and basically taking over her life, what in god's name is Dinah still on the show for? Her character is as useful as a hole in the head. 

Dinah working with the police makes her pretty useful for the show in a way that Laurel never was made use of.  

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Would she even be able to practice law after being outed as a vigilante? Though she could just say being held captive for over a year has changed her career goals.

I wish they'd bring back Joanna for at least 1 episode to help deal with this.

I think Laurel burned that bridge in season two.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Would she even be able to practice law after being outed as a vigilante?

Why not? The show never made Laurel's being a lawyer and Black Canary any kind of an issue at any point since she was unmasked. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She read an entire textbook! Not only is she going to still practice law, she's going to be the new DA, probably.

• Love 10