Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm going to blame the promotion over the summer for me getting annoyed any time Black Siren or Dinah is mentioned in an episode description. 

Am I supposed to care that Oliver and Dinah are going to face off? Because I don't. Let them fight. I don't care what they disagree about because I'll likely be on Oliver's side since I can't stand Dinah this season. And since I doubt Felicity or Diggle will end up in danger, leaving Curtis and Rene, I doubt I'll care about that. 

But is this perhaps what WM (I think?) was talking about in an interview when she mentioned Dinah's new attitude this season and it affecting the team? Or whatever that quote was? 

• Love 8

It's probably a fight about Vigilante? Which makes me even less interested to watch. I don't like Dinah and I don't care about Vigilante now that he's attached to her so I'm already writing off this episode. LOL.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 9
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I will laugh forever if she and Oliver fight and someone's life gets endangered over someone in the Baddie Brigade. 

I think it must be? Didn't SA say he'd been filming with Vigilante a few weeks back, which I think lines up with 612? I can't think what else they'd fight about. They haven't had any scenes or anything.

Either way, YAWN. 

The writers are really determined to push Dinah this season and it’s not working for me because I like her less and less with each new episode.  She’s withheld important information from the team three different times in the space of nine episodes, yet by her attitude you’d think she’s the injured party.  

I know this show has been built on the premise of keeping secrets and lying, the difference is that I like Oliver, Felicity, Thea and Diggle.  I don’t have those same feelings towards Dinah, Rene or Curtis, they just annoy me now.

• Love 18

It's obvious that they're really trying to make this Black Canary work so she's being pushed hard. The thing is, the more they push, the less I like a character. It happened with Rene in early s5. But I've been mostly okay with him (until his attitude problem in 609) because they eased off of him a bit. They need to do the same with Dinah ASAP. Just IMO.

In other news, when is Felicity gonna get a storyline focus or is that gonna be scraps? 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

In other news, when is Felicity gonna get a storyline focus or is that gonna be scraps?

I'm not sure this is a rhetorical question, but besides Colton coming back, I don't think we haven't had any spoilers about anyone for 6B.

7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I'm not sure this is a rhetorical question, but besides Colton coming back, I don't think we haven't had any spoilers about anyone for 6B.

Hehe, it was kinda rhetorical but you're right. 

I'm worried now because when someone asked MG what we'll see from Felicity in 6B all he said was Felicity's relationship with William will deepen and she has her company which we all know won't ever get focus so... yeah I'm worried

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

I'm worried now because when someone asked MG what we'll see from Felicity in 6B all he said was Felicity's relationship with William will deepen and she has her company which we all know won't ever get focus so... yeah I'm worried

Olicity is married now, apparently that should be good enough. ?

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

What I don’t like is even when Felicity has a storyline, the CW won’t promote it, not like they promote the masks, especially BS and Dinah. Sometimes it seems like they promote those two more than Oliver. 

Felicity only being in 2 seconds of that 1 minute promo really pissed me off. 

• Love 9

After five years of waiting and nine episodes aired of S6, it feels like we’ve heard about things happening with Felicity’s company but we’ve seen little of it play out onscreen. It really doesn’t feel like the storyline is as big as they made it seem before the season commenced. 

There are still 14 episodes to go, so I’m trying to withhold judgement but if the history of the show tells me anything it’s that Felicity related storylines are rushed, forgotten or they “run out of time”.

Edited by kes0704
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

What I don’t like is even when Felicity has a storyline, the CW won’t promote it, not like they promote the masks, especially BS and Dinah. Sometimes it seems like they promote those two more than Oliver. 

As long as she gets storylines, I can deal with the lack of promotion. It’s a stupid move on there part, but I’d rather have it like that than the other way around.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Which in turn then annoyed a lot of people because BS was hardly in or not at all in many of the episodes. And two screamers who don't actually have a connection isn't that interesting, especially as this show is ignoring the Dinah Lance/Dinah Drake thing. You'd think Lance would be more weirded out about it, or have mentioned it at all at some point. 

Dinah v Oliver has got to be about the Vigilante because they have very little connection otherwise unless being leader of team boobs for a few weeks qualifies her to try and be co leader of TA. That said so many of these episode descriptions are vague and end up having very little to do with what actually happens on screen so the "argument" could be one minor scene to tick off the "push BC" box.

8 hours ago, kes0704 said:

After five years of waiting and nine episodes aired of S6, it feels like we’ve heard about things happening with Felicity’s company but we’ve seen little of it play out onscreen. It really doesn’t feel like the storyline is as big as they made it seem before the season commenced. 

There are still 14 episodes to go, so I’m trying to withhold judgement but if the history of the show tells me anything it’s that Felicity related storylines are rushed, forgotten or they “run out of time”.

I think they heard the complaints about how they rush all of her storylines and so with this one they are taking their time with it...they probably want her to have the company established by the end of the season, and there is that little problem of her footprint being used by Cayden James which might cause problems for her down the line.

I dont want her story rushed, where she has the company established and we dont see her doing anything with it. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, bijoux said:

As long as she gets storylines, I can deal with the lack of promotion. It’s a stupid move on there part, but I’d rather have it like that than the other way around.

That's where I've been for awhile. I don't care if Felicity is in the promos I care that she gets a good storyline IN the episodes. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, kes0704 said:

That's because when it comes to Felicity's story lines it's all talk and no real followthrough. Like with Havenrock, a couple of chats with Rory in the same episode and it was over. And when MG was asked later one, he said something along the lines of "what more do you want?"

I'm gonna guess, but hope I'm totally wrong, that with the company story line, it'll be a few scenes that really don't mean anything spread across a few episodes and it'll probably end up being more about Curtis than Felicity (just like her paralysis ended with Curtis being the "hero" instead of a story line with both Felicity and Oliver being proactive about finding a cure, like Oliver promised in 411). I'm bitter, I know. But 5-plus seasons have taught me that when it comes to Felicity, there's no time, she's not allowed to voice anything, and her story is almost always co-opted for somebody else.  

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

But 5-plus seasons have taught me that when it comes to Felicity, there's no time, she's not allowed to voice anything, and her story is almost always co-opted for somebody else.  

Didn't MG or perhaps WM answer a question at the start of the season that they had plans for a Felicity 6b storyline that didn't involve Oliver "if they had time"? 

So far, looks like they didn't find the time. Shocking. 

I have a feeling any Felicity/Curtis scenes in the next couple of episodes, even if they start out being about the company, will end up being more about the team split than anything else. They've already had them argue about the company before the split and we got Curtis' whole "you don't trust me, ignore when I fed you tracking nanites without telling you last year" thing in 609. You know there's going to be drama when it comes to the company, and it's easy to see them use that to stall progress in that storyline. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Didn't MG or perhaps WM answer a question at the start of the season that they had plans for a Felicity 6b storyline that didn't involve Oliver "if they had time"? 

No, he said they have plans for Felicity's non-Oliver plot (and that it was a large concern for them, that they want to make sure she had one like their plans in s5) but that it comes to in 6b and he didn't want to talk about it yet since 601 didn't come out yet and they were just breaking 609 at the time he was saying it.

• Love 1

Do we know what episode Roy comes back? For some reason, the 6-12 description has me worried they'll kill of Thea and that's why he comes back but I'm nor sure how soon after that he returns. It'd be super weird to kill her off in other circumstances when she spent the first quarter of the season in a coma but I wouldn't put anything past them.

Just now, JamieLynn832002 said:

Do we know what episode Roy comes back? For some reason, the 6-12 description has me worried they'll kill of Thea and that's why he comes back but I'm nor sure how soon after that he returns. It'd be super weird to kill her off in other circumstances when she spent the first quarter of the season in a coma but I wouldn't put anything past them.

615, he and Thea reuniting is supposed to be an important thing that creates long-lasting consequences for both of them, probably them running away together while Oliver is going through his trial or something.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

614 or 615

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

What do they mean with Rene saying

"I HAD to betray Oliver!"

Um, no he didn't. He could have told Oliver what was going on. Then it wouldn't have been a betrayal. Sheesh.

The inflection in his voice and the preceding line doesn't make it seem (to me) like he means that he was forced to do it - it seems to me like he's recounting something he now regrets, like when someone steps on the scale, sees a number they don't like and says, "I just *had* to go and eat that piece of cake, didn't I?" (that someone may be me)

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The inflection in his voice and the preceding line doesn't make it seem (to me) like he means that he was forced to do it - it seems to me like he's recounting something he now regrets, like when someone steps on the scale, sees a number they don't like and says, "I just *had* to go and eat that piece of cake, didn't I?" (that someone may be me)

Eh, I didn't get that out of it myself. I thought it was a weird line and a weird line reading. But maybe you're right.

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Eh, I didn't get that out of it myself. I thought it was a weird line and a weird line reading. But maybe you're right.

Fair enough. I think it could go either way - it just seems to me if he really believed he had to betray Oliver he would be able to "shake how everything went down" with him. But who knows with this show. 

Edited by apinknightmare
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Fair enough. I think it could go either way - it just seems to me if he really believed he had to betray Oliver he would "be able to shake how everything went down" with him. But who knows with this show. 

That's why that line is so weird to me.

It's almost like why did the writer use the word "had".  I mean it's incongruous with what happened.

I think something like you suggested "Man, I just had to go and betray Oliver". But even that is weird. I dunno. It's odd is all I know LOL

Just now, statsgirl said:

To me it seems like it's "Ohmigod, I was forced to do it, I didn't have a choice."  Which makes me like Rene even less because you always have a choice.

That's what I got out of it as well. He had a choice to let Oliver know the score and then IMO he wouldn't think of it as a huge betrayal if he had told Oliver that the Feds were trying to get him to flip.

That's the disconnect for me.

"I had to betray him" .... yeah, it doesn't sound like he's making excuses for himself because he thinks he didn't do anything wrong.

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Hopefully it comes off better in show. 

Yeah.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

The disconnect for me is that the emphasis is on "betray" instead of "had" - which is why it doesn't seem to me like he's making excuses for what he did. Hopefully it comes off better in show. 

Same. I could imagine him having a conversation with Curtis about having Zoey (Is that her name? Shows how much I care about his daughter.) back in his life, and saying that he's happy about it, but he hates that he had to betray Oliver to make it happen.

In any case, I'm just glad he's acknowledging that he betrayed Oliver, since so many reviewers inexplicably acted like Oliver was being mistrustful for no reason.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"I had to betray him" .... yeah, it doesn't sound like he's making excuses for himself because he thinks he didn't do anything wrong.

If he didn't think he'd done something wrong, he wouldn't be talking to Curtis about how he couldn't shake the way things went down with Oliver. People with clear consciences generally don't dwell on things like that. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

Same. I could imagine him having a conversation with Curtis about having Zoey (Is that her name? Shows how much I care about his daughter.) back in his life, and saying that he's happy about it, but he hates that he had to betray Oliver to make it happen.

In any case, I'm just glad he's acknowledging that he betrayed Oliver, since so many reviewers inexplicably acted like Oliver was being mistrustful for no reason.

With the way this show works I wouldn’t be surprised if he mentioned betraying Oliver so Curtis can assure him he did the right thing/what he had to do. Hopefully TPTB won’t do the obvious thing (but I won’t count on it).

• Love 5
4 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

That was the sense I took away as well.  But yeah, it's also pretty likely Curtis will tell him he had to do what was best for his daughter even though it's nearly as likely that if he kept his mouth shut the FBI wouldn't have been able to prove he was WD either.

4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Regardless if he had told Oliver straight afterwards, it would've been a betrayal. He just made the situation worse then it already was by not telling him. I doubt Watson gave him time to think it through. 

I doubt time would have helped Rene and his pea brain.  

CH's Instagram pics posted in Social Media make me 1. happy, 2. hopefull that the B team is still split off from OTA so far down the line or at least relegated to the corner even if they do reunite in the meantime.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The big coat Willa is wearing, is Speedy back?

I don't know, can't see her pants but, I wouldn't expect it. Willa could just be cold, I've seen EBR in those coats on the Lair Set. 

I do see that DR is back as Spartan.

• Love 1

I was thinking they may put Thea back in the costume one last time, full circle and all that, before she leaves the series. I hope they do. I don't think we ever got her and Roy in the field together. 

It would be nice to see that Team Arrow combination. 

I wish we had title pages to figure out when one episode starts and another begins. Did he film for 6x14 or is 6x15 the start of the arc?

• Love 1

I'd love to see Thea and Roy be in costume as GA's sidekick for the first time, and maybe last. Although, Thea's suit is supposed to be Roy's, isn't it? LOL! That photo was the first thing I saw on Twitter and it just made me smile. That's the Arrow that makes sense to me. 

• Love 2