Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Based on his recent instagram posts, Johann Urb is on vacation in Mexico and is not back in Vancouver. I wonder if his story is done or if he's not coming back until later in the season.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Based on his recent instagram posts, Johann Urb is on vacation in Mexico and is not back in Vancouver. I wonder if his story is done or if he's not coming back until later in the season.

I doubt his story is done, in all honesty. He probably isn't in the episode that they're starting to film. Or they'll have someone in the Vigilante suit but we won't actually see Vince. 

Been doing a rewatch of the season. I've been surprised at how much better some of the episode come off now that I know what's coming and set my expectations lower, lol.  Even Slade's episodes were better, not his part but the teams part back in Star City.  And I hated it those parts the first time.  

The crossover is SOOOOOO freaking good.  No surprise, lol, but such a pleasure to rewatch and not really hate anything.  

But that said, I'm really looking forward to what is coming with more OTA and Roy.  Give me drama that I care about and makes sense and I do like drama, lol.  (I don't care about the newbs but I care about the OTA being upset at least)  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

Been doing a rewatch of the season. I've been surprised at how much better some of the episode come off now that I know what's coming and set my expectations lower, lol.  Even Slade's episodes were better, not his part but the teams part back in Star City.  And I hated it those parts the first time.  

The crossover is SOOOOOO freaking good.  No surprise, lol, but such a pleasure to rewatch and not really hate anything.  

Even from quick rewatches of some episodes I'm surprised about how much stuff comes off better or how much foreshadowing/hints they had in 6a (and maybe even more once 6b stuff comes out). Heck, I even wondered after rewatching 609 if Cayden, since he could see the team, did purposefully call the second Oliver got that burner phone to be creepy like Felicity suggested. Plus some of the stories feel actually pretty well-paced. Diggle's GA arc didn't feel rushed as I partially originally thought (mostly because it's not really over yet) nor as long as some of my viewing friends originally thought (it was only 5 episodes, only a little bit less time than Felicity was paralyzed). Oliver as a dad feels like it's progressing and about him without stuffing William too much into things. Scenes between Oliver and Rene, Diggle and Dinah, and Curtis and Felicity feel are very interesting to rewatch knowing that the split is coming. Watson is still iffy for me because her arc on 607 rewatch felt like it was randomly over since that trial still has to come back around, but going around back when Rene presumably testified to her, it's kind of interesting to see her scenes with knowing that she had an angle she was working.

It also made me wonder what other aspects of 6a would come back in 6b (like stuff with Felicity and the company or Felicity and William apparently, that last exchange between Watson and Oliver, that last exchange between Anatoly and Oliver, etc.).

This may not have been the most exciting opening half, but weirdly enough it's been pretty tight story-wise imo.

And the crossover is so great to rewatch. I had a 4 hour rewatch party and it didn't get slow once. So great.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Even from quick rewatches of some episodes I'm surprised about how much stuff comes off better or how much foreshadowing/hints they had in 6a (and maybe even more once 6b stuff comes out). Heck, I even wondered after rewatching 609 if Cayden, since he could see the team, did purposefully call the second Oliver got that burner phone to be creepy like Felicity suggested. Plus some of the stories feel actually pretty well-paced. Diggle's GA arc didn't feel rushed as I partially originally thought (mostly because it's not really over yet) nor as long as some of my viewing friends originally thought (it was only 5 episodes, only a little bit less time than Felicity was paralyzed). Oliver as a dad feels like it's progressing and about him without stuffing William too much into things. Scenes between Oliver and Rene, Diggle and Dinah, and Curtis and Felicity feel are very interesting to rewatch knowing that the split is coming. Watson is still iffy for me because her arc on 607 rewatch felt like it was randomly over since that trial still has to come back around, but going around back when Rene presumably testified to her, it's kind of interesting to see her scenes with knowing that she had an angle she was working.

It also made me wonder what other aspects of 6a would come back in 6b (like stuff with Felicity and the company or Felicity and William apparently, that last exchange between Watson and Oliver, that last exchange between Anatoly and Oliver, etc.).

This may not have been the most exciting opening half, but weirdly enough it's been pretty tight story-wise imo.

And the crossover is so great to rewatch. I had a 4 hour rewatch party and it didn't get slow once. So great.

Yes!  All of this.  And it really surprised me.  Even the season opener was not that bad as long as one drops expectations for real resolution of the cliff hanger.  It does a good job setting the coming season up.

I still have some of the same complaints.  Samantha's stagger in and die still made me laugh and I still think Dinah was dumb in making Lance lie about shooting BS but it's just par for the course in Dinah's iffy judgment.  She's sincere at least in trying to be supportive, she's just kind of bad at it, lol.  

I liked some of the small, subtle moments EBR and JH added into their interactions.  Made Felicity nominating Dinah to take lead in the field when Diggle was out more meaningful.  

And here is my most shameful confession.  BS being willfully dumb and all gleefully killery in her role as top henchwoman (so not a real partner, lol) amused me.  I'm sure that amusement will go away if they try to redeem her because that I'm just not seeing but since she's around for this season, as long as they keep her off doing her own thing most of the time, she's fine in a B level bad movie kind of way. Campy sometimes works.  

Also, i notice this time they said that Cayden's son vanished two months after Argus picked him up.  And Alena said they held him for 8 months.  They freed him in 519 which was at the end of April so six months before that would be the begining of November, end of October.  The 10-26-16 episode was Penance aka the one where Oliver breaks Digle out of jail and Felicity and the remaining team try to tackle Church and the 11-2-16 episode was Human Target where they had a fake Oliver running around.  Wonder if either those episodes provide any clue what happened to Cayden James's son that he might blame Oliver for.  

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Do we have any idea on CHs episode count? At least 1 but, any word on multiple episodes?

i thought it was 2. 

Colton Haynes is returning to Arrow as Roy Harper for a short arc that begins in the season’s 15th episode.

My guess would be a multi-episode arc. 

Edited by Velocity23

Colton Haynes is returning to Star City once again, reprising his role as Roy Harper — a.k.a. Arsenal — for an arc beginning with the sixth season’s 15th episode.

“We’re thrilled to announce that Colton Haynes will be reprising his role as Roy Harper for a short arc on ‘Arrow’ this year,” executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Wendy Mericle said in a statement, adding that the reason Roy returns when he does is to “help resolve an urgent matter with high stakes for the team.”

From Variety. It doesn't say how many episodes but refers to an arc starting with ep 15 so 2 at the very least.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Trisha said:

This is promising:

This sounds like potentially three episodes. As far as I remember, they shoot an episode in roughly a week and half. He could be rounding up, though. 

• Love 1

Finally a new promo, but too much of the newbies, only one shot of Felicity, no Lance, that moment of Thea might be the only time we see her in that episode, too much Black Siren (give me something from Anatoly instead), and again, too much of the newbies. Are we supposed to care about the newbies? I don't. They should've taken out at least one of those newbies moments and replaced it with Felicity (asking for Olicity would probably be too much). 

I do wonder how long they're going to have Diggle out of the field. Looks like we see his new suit in the promo (right?), but how are they going to deal with his injury? Miracle cure?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

You hurt the ones you love. Isn't that a saying?

Intentionally wanting to physically hurt/kill a loved one? That's healthy! :p But I think even with this spin it's kind of a reach... Well maybe not considering according to Reddit/Ben Percy it's not abusive at all to harm your significant other when you're pissed at them!

• Love 1

That's a trick arrow from Oliver, right? The thing that wrapped around BS' neck and yanked her? I guess that answers the question of what Oliver thinks of her. I was worried he was gonna go back to the whole "there's a bit of Laurel inside" her crap he spouted back in 510 (although, TBF, he never repeated that after that ep and seemed to be fully aware of evil doppelgangers during the crossoever). 

Seems like the newbies wanted to help? And Rene is realizing his stupidity in betraying Oliver? This is gonna be so predictable and annoying. They're never gonna get rid of them so what's the point? 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm glad that Rene seems to be doing some soul-searching regarding ratting Oliver out, which is...well, I guess that's more than I thought would happen, so that's something.

I was actually really surprised by this because I thought that they'd brush what Rene did under the rug and just blame Oliver for everything...

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I guess that answers the question of what Oliver thinks of her. I was worried he was gonna go back to the whole "there's a bit of Laurel inside" her crap he spouted back in 510 (although, TBF, he never repeated that after that ep and seemed to be fully aware of evil doppelgangers during the crossoever). 

Well when you get confronted with your evil Nazi (no less the Furuher) Doppelganger, I guess it behoves you to be all "totes different everyone!" That said it does bug me that so many of them just call her "Laurel" when the people that profess to adore E1LL don't make a distinction more often and call her Siren or similar since they're so concerned about LL's legacy. 

11 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Sounds like the show is going to be framing this as Oliver is too stubborn to let the newbies back in until his son gets hurt and then suddenly everyone is singing Kumbaya again.

Probably. Sigh. Predictable if so and yeah basically there to have everyone accept the noobs for another time. 

I'm not invested in the newbies so that trailer didn't really do much for me. It also seems like Felicity doesn't even exist which annoys me no end.

But I'm glad that Rene seems to be thinking about what happened with Oliver and how he betrayed him. With his awful attitude in 609, I did wonder if he'd just be an arrogant asshole about it from now on so I'm pleasantly surprised. I still don't like the shot of the newbies toasting their new little team but we'll see how that comes across with context.

I'm also glad it seems like William really is just caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and he gets injured while on the school bus. At least he's not being directly targeted again, which would've been annoyingly repetitive. 

As for the rest, it seems like Oliver's gonna be really stubborn about the newbies but I can't blame him at all. He didn't want new people on the team but he took a chance and they haven't exactly repaid his trust so his stubbornness here is understandable to me tbh. My only hope is that they don't make OTA look incompetent to help the newbies shine because NO. Miss me with that.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I still don't like the shot of the newbies toasting their new little team but we'll see how that comes across with context.

Hey, they have a lot to toast to. Rene endangering the whole team by snitching on Oliver. Dinah continuing to endanger everyone by still 2spending time with Vince" in either this or the next episode. Or Curtis, who's just an annoying shithead this year. Eat your heart out, Oliver, for missing out on that. At least the guy will get a few weeks break from them before the inevitable reconcilliation.

• Love 8

Anyone else annoyed the bitch finds her way in Olicitys (formerly Oliver's) apartment. That siren kiss she blows Oliver as she throws him to the wall has to be some sort of a meta moment. But I guess like above some will take it as Siren loving Oliver thats why she hurts him. Also a far cry from the chick who was claiming she lost the love of her life on E2. 

12 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Anyone else annoyed the bitch finds her way in Olicitys (formerly Oliver's) apartment. That siren kiss she blows Oliver as she throws him to the wall has to be some sort of a meta moment. But I guess like above some will take it as Siren loving Oliver thats why she hurts him. Also a far cry from the chick who was claiming she lost the love of her life on E2. 

That's not Oliver's apartment, is it? I didn't think that was Oliver either, considering she's wearing a wig - I figured that was some rando she was offing because that's her style. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Not much of a far cry when she is able to differentiate doppelgangers. But I'd be down for the bitch to give Oliver a sirens kiss, looks like a fun moment. 

All i wanna see is Oliver kick some ass and take down Siren (or any meta tbh) without some high-tech gadget.

But i'm sure Siren will find a way out of it and knock Oliver down somehow.

Also if he can hit a trick Arrow around her neck why can't he just shoot a real one through the throat? Still trying to spare her? pff...

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

All i wanna see is Oliver kick some ass and take down Siren (or any meta tbh) without some high-tech gadget.

But i'm sure Siren will find a way out of it and knock Oliver down somehow.

Also if he can hit a trick Arrow around her neck why can't he just shoot a real one through the throat? Still trying to spare her? pff...

you know that series regular contract is the only reason stopping him.

• Love 9