Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Not necessarily the guy barely described Olicity scenes in the crossover and had to watch again to see if there was a wedding reception because he missed it the first time. I'm guessing he'd miss or purposely ignore Olicity dessert. 

Good point but I thought it would at least horrify him and he'd gag about it or something.

If there is dessert I'm wondering where they would have inserted it. 

Still it looks like Oliver uses his superpowers to generate the biggest set of heart eyes ever! I'm excited! 

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Good point but I thought it would at least horrify him and he'd gag about it or something.

Still it looks like Oliver uses his superpowers to generate the biggest set of heart eyes ever! I'm excited! 

If Stephen wasn't leading the fan on then I personally think it'll be less a full on 3x20/5x20 type sex scene and more a post sex naked morning in bed 4x01 type scene that Stephen probably thinks falls into the 'dessert' category. So it could come at the start of the Ep?

• Love 1
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

Not sure if it's happening or not, but if I were to guess, I would guess something at the end, like a montage of what all of the characters are doing or something (ending with the villain team being revealed) and they show a shot of Olicity real quick or something like that.

26 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

TWSS

• Love 2

Regarding the updated reddit "spoilers" about the mid-season finale...

See, this is why you keep the team trust circle small, Oliver. 

I also would be happy with the newbies permanently gone, but I'm sure they'll be back. Oliver doesn't have to be outed and pardoned. Rene can always recant his testimony and say that he was blackmailed into "lying" about Oliver being the Green Arrow by the FBI/prosecution threatening his daughter. And Team Arrow can somehow destroy all copies of any video footage of what goes on in the Arrow Bunker after they defeat Team Cayden.

1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Isn't the dessert going to be in 609, not the crossover?

Unclear...

-- Fan report on what SA said: "Me: So is Oliver ever going to get his dessert? I mean we have the 9pm time slot now and it hasn’t been put to much use yet. Stephen: I know. I know. Certainly by the end of the year. Me: End of the year or season? Stephen: Certainly by the end of the year." (Nov. 24, 2017 andyou loveher88 tweet, page 1670 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo
3 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Regarding the updated reddit "spoilers" about the mid-season finale...

See, this is why you keep the team trust circle small, Oliver. 

I also would be happy with the newbies permanently gone, but I'm sure they'll be back. Oliver doesn't have to be outed and pardoned. Rene can always recant his testimony and say that he was blackmailed into "lying" about Oliver being the Green Arrow by the FBI/prosecution threatening his daughter. And Team Arrow can somehow destroy all copies of any video footage of what goes on in the Arrow Bunker after they defeat Team Cayden.

Unclear...

-- Fan report on what SA said: "Me: So is Oliver ever going to get his dessert? I mean we have the 9pm time slot now and it hasn’t been put to much use yet. Stephen: I know. I know. Certainly by the end of the year. Me: End of the year or season? Stephen: Certainly by the end of the year." (Nov. 24, 2017 andyou loveher88 tweet, page 1670 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Did he mean it was filmed by the end of the year or air on TV till the end of the year? 

3 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Oliver doesn't have to be outed and pardoned. Rene can always recant his testimony and say that he was blackmailed into "lying" about Oliver being the Green Arrow by the FBI/prosecution threatening his daughter. And Team Arrow can somehow destroy all copies of any video footage of what goes on in the Arrow Bunker after they defeat Team Cayden.

If Cayden hangs onto that footage and doesn't use it to put the heat on the whole team then he's a terrible villain, LOL.

• Love 1

I remember when Malcolm Merlyn put cameras in the bunker in season 3, used it once, and then just dropped the thread. The Arrowcave does need better security.

Quick question:  Does the spoiler person on Reddit have a proven track record for getting spoilers?  I have no reason to doubt him/her since what they say matches up with the videos and photos, but I wasn't sure if they've been reliable in the past.

I wonder if the Cayden James storyline is a version of something the EPs wanted to do with Noah Kuttler, but there wasn't time and then Tom Amandes wasn't available to shoot more than a guest spot this season. That would've been an interesting dynamic, to have Felicity battling her father all season long.

In any event, it seems a shame to have someone like the Calculator pop up this season and just be a wedding guest. It's a waste not to have at least one scene of Noah helping Felicity battle Cayden James, hacker versus hacker. In fact, in my speculative version, Alena is Cayden's daughter - and we would get a father/daugher versus father/daughter battle.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Since Malcolm put in a secret camera in s3, and then BS invaded it, and they know she's working with Cayden James, you'd think basic intelligence would have made them doing triple sweeping for cameras and other tech.

Right now, I have a hard time feeling sorry for Rene.  Not only did Oliver and Lance have to keep trying to encourage to Rene to apply to get his kid back, and prop him to keep trying, Oliver gave him a good job at city hall..  He knows Felicity and Curtis have mad tech skills -- why not tell them what Watson has and get help to stop her?

• Love 3

I just don't care about the newbies. Once again the storyline proves Oliver right that he shouldn't trust people. Also how did BS get into the bunker and why didn't they clean it up after she was there. I really don't like this repetitive idiotic storyline of villains breaking in and nobody caring.

Also, why is Curtis such a weird character. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I wonder if the Cayden James storyline is a version of something the EPs wanted to do last season with Noah Kuttler, but there wasn't time and then Tom Amandes wasn't available to shoot more than a guest spot this season. That would've been an interesting dynamic, to have Felicity battling her father all season long.

In any event, it seems a shame to have someone like the Calculator pop up this season and just be a wedding guest. It's a waste not to have at least one scene of Noah helping Felicity battle Cayden James, hacker versus hacker. In fact, in my speculative version, Alena is Cayden's daughter - and we would get a father/daugher versus father/daughter battle.

Tbh I was thrown off with how CJ seems to be connected to both Oliver and Felicity when Oliver already had his direct villain in Anatoly. Like, I guess he wouldn't necessarily be against the person who helped free him from Argus over someone who apparently cost him his relationship with his son even if Oliver and Felicity are together/work together, but I guess they got a good deal with ME to make him the big bad and then had to give him a vendetta against Oliver instead? Unless maybe it's something the team and not just Oliver did to him?

10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

This is going to be Felicity, isn't it? Sigh. Someone was paid a good amount of money to write that line. 

ETA: Upon 2nd thought, maybe this is about Nazi!Oliver, in which case my gif is even more appropriate for me. 

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

Edited by calliope1975
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

ETA: Upon 2nd thought, maybe this is about Nazi!Oliver, in which case my gif is even more appropriate for me. 

Yeah, I think it's probably Overgirl gushing about her husband. Or at least I hope it is because our Oliver has his faults but he's more than 10 times the man Hitler was.

• Love 8

Ummm...that dialogue...

so like either Oliver-X is ten times the man as in not as horrible or he is ten times as horrible and in either case, it's a terrible line of dialogue. Why, show, why? 

I'm assuming Kara-X is saying it to Evil Flash or Kara. But again, why? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

Something is bugging me about how Curtis supposedly was fixing Diggle. His cure for FS was an implant, she had surgery. He gave Diggle a shot like it was nannites or whatever they called them when FS put them in Ray. So what are they telling us?  Or do I just not get it?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Oliver is even more awesome than Hitler

Oh Hello, Face! Meet Palm.

I can't even put into words why it bugs me so much (the Nazi stuff) because I watch movies/shows that deal with the material but I don't trust them to get the tone right. Looking at you gun violence episode. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Ummm...that dialogue...

so like either Oliver-X is ten times the man as in not as horrible or he is ten times as horrible and in either case, it's a terrible line of dialogue. Why, show, why? 

The reddit spoiler guy mentioned in his spoilers for the Arrow (I think?) episode that there was a new fuhrer (but they didn't know who it was) - I think it might be Oliver based on this dialogue, and it's meant in a ten times as principled/honorable way to the person who's saying it, and time times more awful way to us. 

3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I can't even put into words why it bugs me so much (the Nazi stuff) because I watch movies/shows that deal with the material but I don't trust them to get the tone right. Looking at you gun violence episode. 

I've had the same issue with articulating why it doesn't bother me in Captain America or Indiana Jones. Maybe because those are set in the 30s/40s and not importing Nazis like they are apparently fantastical creatures that don't get NYT puff pieces. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

For me it's because I know they're not good enough writers to handle this the way it deserves to be handled. And I feel like it will be watered down for entertainment reasons when it shouldn't be.

It doesn't help that the Nazis are being played by the faces of our heroes. Big mistake, IMO. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

It bugs me for two main reasons: 1- those writers can’t even keep what they write in their own shows straight, imagine tackling topics that aren’t frivolous; 2- I don’t care to see superheroes fight Nazis. This isn’t their story. It’s the story of real people that went through hell and survived. If they wanted to tell a story that really mattered they could have done that, making the EX story about the Jewish, POC and lgbt characters they have but no, it’s important to talk about how the Nazis version of the characters we know are real people with real relationships.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Where is the dialogue? The link to the Tweet is broken. What am I missing?

Matt Mitovich deleted the tweet because he said it was wrong to post it without context, which was too spoilery. In the tweet he simply posted, "Oliver is ten times the man Hitler was."

16 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It doesn't help that the Nazis are being played by the faces of our heroes. Big mistake, IMO. 

I'm prepared for the fact that it won't be well written because it's Arrowverse but this is what bugs me the most.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Matt Mitovich deleted the tweet because he said it was wrong to post it without context, which was too spoilery. In the tweet he simply posted, "Oliver is ten times the man Hitler was."

Oh dear. That definitely could be read a number of ways.

Hopefully it means that EX Oliver is comparatively better than Hitler because he's a leader unwilling to do the awful things Hitler did? I dunno..I HOPE it's along those lines. 

6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Oh dear. That definitely could be read a number of ways.

Hopefully it means that EX Oliver is comparatively better than Hitler because he's a leader unwilling to do the awful things Hitler did? I dunno..I HOPE it's along those lines. 

And it turns out he's better because he's even more willing to do awful things.

However I'm so pumped for Felicity proposing to him in the LoT episode (I hope) that I don't even care any more.

• Love 1

I have to give them some credit. I enjoyed the Olicity scenes so much that they actually managed to make me excited for Felicity's proposal and their wedding tomorrow tbh. And I honestly haven't been excited at all because Nazis. 

• Love 2

It also makes more sense why both parties are OK with a double wedding-- once Felicity decides she does want to get married, Oliver isn't going to want to wait, and Barry and Iris have been so supportive they won't mind sharing the impromptu ceremony.

• Love 17

I was really against the whole idea of Felicity proposing but now that Oliver actually did propose and has shown that he really, really, really, wants to marry Felicity, like right now right now, I'm actually pretty psyched about it. I thought they set up the last act with the double wedding pretty well.

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

Felicity sacrifices herself to save Oliver, thus putting to rest how much she actually loves him?

LOL! Is that how some are reading that tease?

I think sacrifice means Stein, which makes me angry and sad that a Jewish man dies on a show that included Nazis in it despite being totally unnecessary. 

• Love 3