Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm pretty sure that CanadaGraphs indicated that based on filming the reception would be a long scene so I don't know how exactly you could "miss it" or have trouble finding it. Like the guy said he went back to watch it in full and he can't see it.

22 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I'm pretty sure that CanadaGraphs indicated that based on filming the reception would be a long scene so I don't know how exactly you could "miss it" or have trouble finding it. Like the guy said he went back to watch it in full and he can't see it.

He reposted with more spoilers that include the reception this time and what is actually a pretty good reason for why the team breaks up. 

7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

What is the reason?

It does sound more legit I just don't know how the guy supposedly missed the wedding reception the first time when it sounds like it's the first 15 minutes of the damn thing. 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

What is the reason?

The FBI has evidence Rene is Wilddog and uses Rene's daughter Zoe to pressure him to flip on Oliver. 

Ok, only Rene really has a good excuse.  Dinah is mad she's cut out of the loop on a mission and Curtis leaves because he is sad and alone (?). 

ETA: Are we finally going to get the long awaited "My daughter"? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3

What’s the deal with Sonuvabitch? At first it was confusing, then just annoying as the post went on. Okay, that actually is a pretty good reason for Rene’s split with OTA, and I suppose Curtis and Dinah join him due to being pissed for OTA suspecting them.

Aw, awestruck Oliver and a first dance. I wonder how they got in touch with Noah.

Thea better get even with BS. She woke up from a coma for this?! ?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, way2interested said:

dumb BS randomly trying to help Lance stuff

If her father died when she was 13, I can see her not wanting to kill a man who looks exactly like him. But it does feel like something they put in there so that the cries of "BS redemption is coming!" can begin and they can stretch out that question of "can she be redeemed?" longer. The answer is, of course, no. Just because she won't kill the man who looks like her father herself doesn't just erase all the people she has killed/will kill the rest of the season.

I have to admit that I'm happy about that bit about Cayden having BS put a camera in the bunker. Now, I think that Felicity or Curtis should have found it, but still. Smart move. I was surprised Chase didn't have BS do the same thing last season considering she was just hanging out in front of the mannequins when she was waiting for Oliver. 

Also, love that it's Team Cayden and not Team Dragon, simply because of the actors and their behavior on social media. Does that make me a bad person? I'm going to say no. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

The FBI has evidence Rene is Wilddog and uses Rene's daughter Zoe to pressure him to flip on Oliver. 

Ok, only Rene really has a good excuse.  Dinah is mad she's cut out of the loop on a mission and Curtis leaves because he is sad and alone (?). 

No, they leave because OTA spied on them. 

Black Siren's father apparently died when she was 13yrs old

Didn't KC's head canon for BS include Quentin dying in a house fire when she was 13 years old or something along those lines?

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1

I'm annoyed that they brought back Noah just to be a guest at the reception, especially given Felicity was under the impression he abandoned her again since as far as I recall she never found out that Donna told him to get lost for the second time. Unless we learn that happened off screen. 

11 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

ETA: Are we finally going to get the long awaited "My daughter"? 

Personally I thought it was pretty shitty of Rene to flip on Oliver when Oliver was the one helping him get his daughter back. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Also, love that it's Team Cayden and not Team Dragon, simply because of the actors and their behavior on social media. Does that make me a bad person? I'm going to say no.

I hope Dragon is the first to get caught/killed off just because the actor is a douche. Since his "connection" to the team has pretty much been resolved, he's even less of a flunky than BS. 

I'm glad that OTA have a good reason to break up with the newbies. Seriously, Rene? After everything Oliver did for him? And Dinah getting pissed about being left out of the loop when she's been all "No more secrets" while she's hiding her metahuman ex boyfriend from the team? And shut up, Curtis! Your husband left you because you lied to him about being a vigilante and then chose to stay  a vigilante instead of your marriage.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 11

It’s not commendable, but it does feel understandable. At least right now it does.

4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Personally I thought it was pretty shitty of Rene to flip on Oliver when Oliver was the one helping him get his daughter back. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Personally I thought it was pretty shitty of Rene to flip on Oliver when Oliver was the one helping him get his daughter back. 

I meant good more as "understandable" not so much as the right thing to do though Oliver has certainly done questionable things for his kid too.

6 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Haha, ok that makes more sense than Curtis is jealous of Olicity. I missed that. 

3 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I can see BS not wanting to hurt/kill Lance since he didn’t kill her when he had the chance. Redeeming her? No way. 

Yep. But I imagine her fans will still think she's redeemable because of this, so it's a pretty sucky thing to do to them but it's not the first time the shows taken a dig. 

• Love 1

I'm actually wondering if the BS thing is another play. They've mentioned before using the advantage of her looks but they haven't done anything. And nothing has changed since the first episode where she told him she would have killed him. So I'm thinking maybe Cayden told her to let him go and to make him believe she could care.

Where's Diggle? 

Im hoping Reddit just skipped some Felicity scenes. 

Curtis sounds super annoying.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Im hoping Reddit just skipped some Felicity scenes. 

Given it took him multiple viewings to realise there was a wedding reception which looks like a decent portion of the episode I think it's highly likely me missed Felicity's scenes as well haha. I mean she's got to at least have moments with her parents at the minimum.

Im also going to go on a limb and say he missed the "dessert" scene Stephen alluded to. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I won't be surprised if Writers try to make OTA look like the total assholes in the split with The Newbies. Question is if it works? I can see the Anti OTA'ers having problems but that's it 

I feel like this is going to be another storyline that doesn't get the expected reception. I know I'm looking forward to some episodes free of the B-Team and it's so nice of the writers to group them together for efficient fast forwarding. 

• Love 4

I always feared they'd make OTA out to be the "bad guys" in this scenario but it depends on how it comes across on screen tbh. If Rene is being blackmailed to testify, using his daughter, then I can't exactly be mad at him for choosing his daughter. Dinah, on the other hand, has been keeping this big secret so I don't blame OTA for being suspicious. I don't understand why Curtis leaves though and I don't care either.

It seems like they're going with trust issues which makes sense, IMO. OTA are a solid team; they're best friends and they've had each other's backs for six years now. They understand each other. OTA not trusting the newbies and vice versa (maybe) is probably the best way to go about this civil war storyline tbh.

Eh, I'm not gonna lie, OTA could do awful things to team lame & I'd still side with them lol. I don't like Rene, and seeing how he spent so much time doing nothing about his daughter, I don't care about that relationship at all. Oliver actively trying to help him get his kid back, and then him betraying Oliver, does him no favors imo. Dinah can be mad about being under surveillance, and that would make sense if she came out of it clean, but she doesn't... so she can stfu and go too. Curtis, I imagine, is leaving because of the surveillance and even though he annoys me, I get it. He hasn't done anything to make the team doubt him and he was there before the other two.  Still I won't miss him when he's gone lol.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 24

I think Rene reasons would be understandable but he lost his daughter custody because he screwed up, TA tried to help him a few times in getting her custody back and then he turns around and betrays TA.

Sure one can argue his daughter comes first, of course it does, but he could had leave the team first. Seems he tried to have it both ways. 

Edited by Balaclava
  • Love 5
Just now, Angel12d said:

I always feared they'd make OTA out to be the "bad guys" in this scenario but it depends on how it comes across on screen tbh.

Luckily even from the description so far they aren't point blank in the wrong here. Rene and Dinah were hiding stuff from the team, Curtis and Rene didn't listen to Oliver, Rene was basically planning on throwing them all under the bus, etc. It's like the whole 519 with Felicity vs Oliver. There were definitely some story issues in execution, but they didn't really paint or intend to paint Felicity as really in the wrong, so I'm guessing they'll go in the same direction (even though we're going to be way more automatically sympathetic to OTA over the newbies).

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I won't be surprised if Writers try to make OTA look like the total assholes in the split with The Newbies. Question is if it works? I can see the Anti OTA'ers having problems but that's it 

Agreed. Who knows how it will end up playing on screen but OTA spying on the newbies seems like a really harsh pivot. On the flip side, it sounds like Rene is the only one with a somewhat sympathetic POV. Dinah has been keeping secrets about Vincent so it'd be pretty hypocritical of her to demand transparency from OTA, and if they keep playing Curtis as annoying (and it sure sounds like they will), I can't imagine a significant part of the audience will be rooting for the newbs no matter what OTA does to them.

I really thought bringing Roy back and somehow blackmailing him to testify would be Watson's big play. If Rene is her witness instead, I wonder if Roy comes back to help out OTA when the b team quits?

Doesn't sound to me like they want to make OTA the bad guys,I think they tried to give everyone understandable reasons.I'm with OTA because they could literally be wrong and I'd be fine as long as they get more scenes and I get a break from the newbies around them all the time.But I think they tried to give Rene a sympathetic reason why he did it and I kinda feel bad for him but still Oliver was right to suspect and it's still a betrayal.Curtis sounds obnoxious.He ruined his own happy ending to be the least trained,most unnecessary mask on the team and his motivation seems to be because it makes him feel good.It sure wasn't that the team couldn't do it without him so he has no one but himself to blame for this.Dinah is keeping secrets so she can't really say much imo.

The reception sounds amazing,can't wait.I've wanted an olicity dance since season 2. I hope Felicity gets some solo scenes with her dad.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 10

Why the heck is Curtis jealous of Felicity and Oliver when he's been playing matchmaker for them?? Either that spoiler is a misdirect or Curtis is a dickbag. Like I understand he's grieving the loss of his marriage but he also lied to his husband a lot so...like what? Curtis is annoying me to the point that I almost don't like him anymore.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, tangerine95 said:

Doesn't sound to me like they want to make OTA the bad guys,I think they tried to give everyone understandable reasons.I'm with OTA because they could literally behave wrong and I'd be fine as long as they get more scenes and I get a break from the newbies around them all the time.But I think they tried to give Rene a.sympathetic reason why he did it and I kinda feel bad for him but still Oliver was right to suspect and it's still a betrayal.Curtis sounds obnoxious.He ruined his own happy ending to be the least trained,most unnecessary mask on the team and his motivation seems to be because it makes him feel good.It sure wasn't that the team couldn't do it without him so he has no one but himself to blame for this.

The reception sounds amazing,can't wait.I've wanted an olicity dance since season 2. I hope Felicity gets some solo scenes with her dad.

That's what I was thinking about Curtis. Like dude you had every opportunity to get your happy ending with Paul but you basically chose being a mask over your marriage. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

That's what I was thinking about Curtis. Like dude you had every opportunity to get your happy ending with Paul but you basically chose being a mask over your marriage. 

Literally,it wasn't a difficult choice at all.At no point did the show made it seem like the team can't go on without Curtis or that his quiting would result in any consequences.At the time he let his marriage fail he was so bad at fighting he kept getting beaten up and ending up in the hospital.He had no reason other than he likes feeling like a hero to continue doing it.And of course the ever present because comics reason. Especially when he had the option of helping people with his inventions considering he can cure paralysis.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Why the heck is Curtis jealous of Felicity and Oliver when he's been playing matchmaker for them?? Either that spoiler is a misdirect or Curtis is a dickbag. Like I understand he's grieving the loss of his marriage but he also lied to his husband a lot so...like what? Curtis is annoying me to the point that I almost don't like him anymore.

I really don't get the point of telling us he's Olicity's biggest shipper in one episode, and then him being sour about their relationship in another? Maybe he's just a bad drunk, but they really, really need to fix that character if they want the audience to continue to care about him.

Stupid, trivial thing that I can't stop thinking about: do you think Felicity wears a wedding dress? Or is more of a cocktail dress situation since it's not an actual wedding ceremony? 

• Love 1

Eh. I still can't blame Rene tbh. If they are using his daughter against him, I really can't blame him for choosing his daughter. Yeah, it's shitty after everything Oliver has done to help him but it's still his kid. That being said, I think it's fair Oliver kicks him off the team.

1 minute ago, Trisha said:

Stupid, trivial thing that I can't stop thinking about: do you think Felicity wears a wedding dress? Or is more of a cocktail dress situation since it's not an actual wedding ceremony? 

I have a feeling she's going to be wearing a white dress. Maybe not a wedding dress but something that looks like one, especially if Oliver is awestruck. HEARTS IN HIS EYES. HEARTS IN MY EYES. 

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm going to keep hoping that Noah and Cayden know each other until told otherwise. If they don't, big mistake.

It would make so much sense but alas arrow gonna arrow most likely 

Thinking Curtis is jealous but not envious..he doesnt want them to not have their happy ending but he also wants one for himself.

I understand Rene's motives, I just dont get how Dinah wants to get mad at being spied on if she was the one hiding a secret.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Eh. I still can't blame Rene tbh. If they are using his daughter against him, I really can't blame him for choosing his daughter. Yeah, it's shitty after everything Oliver has done to help him but it's still his kid. That being said, I think it's fair Oliver kicks him off the team.

I have a feeling she's going to be wearing a white dress. Maybe not a wedding dress but something that looks like one, especially if Oliver is awestruck. HEARTS IN HIS EYES. HEARTS IN MY EYES. 

I like that someone who obviously hates Olicity/Felicity still describes Oliver as awestruck. The heart eyes transcend even hatred ?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, strikera0 said:

Hmmm, one of them is keeping a secret and not being very stealth about it and another one is gonna cut a plea bargain and rat out Oliver. If the show if trying to make me to think OTA is wrong for spying on the newbies, well that's a big fail.

Is it wrong that I hope OTA and The B Team stay split up?

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I like that someone who obviously hates Olicity/Felicity still describes Oliver as awestruck. The heart eyes transcend even hatred ?

It must be good if "awestruck" is the word reddit chooses. LMAO.

giphy.gif

Since the FBI witness is one of the newbies I’m not sure why I should blame OTA for guessing correctly. I’m more shocked the writers made the characters do something smart for them instead of having the big reveal when it’s too late. I guess they are playing it that way showing that Curtis and Dinah weren’t the witness and Rene had a reason but I find Curtis annoying so I don’t care, Dinah has been keeping secrets since the premiere so I don’t care and I understand Rene but also last year they made me think he shouldn’t get custody of his daughter so I can’t say I feel for him.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Since the FBI witness is one of the newbies I’m not sure why I should blame OTA for guessing correctly. I’m more shocked the writers made the characters do something smart for them instead of having the big reveal when it’s too late. I guess they are playing it that way showing that Curtis and Dinah weren’t the witness and Rene had a reason but I find Curtis annoying so I don’t care, Dinah has been keeping secrets since the premiere so I don’t care and I understand Rene but also last year they made me think he shouldn’t get custody of his daughter so I can’t say I feel for him.

I didn't realise till you pointed out that they were surveiling the newbies because they were trying to figure out if one of them was ratting to Watson. I thought they were just surveiling them for 'DRAMA!' haha.  That is smart and makes me even more Team OTA to be honest.

So...the only way this ends is by presidential pardon and public outing of Oliver as the Green Arrow (and the rest of the team, too I guess), right? Not that they won't use pretzel logic to get Oliver out of this AGAIN, it doesn't seem like it could possibly go that way at this point, with actual witnesses and whatnot.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Is it wrong that I hope OTA and The B Team stay split up?

If you're wrong, I'm happy to be wrong with you. I want them gone. I know we're stuck with them and shows that have gone on this long see a need to expand the cast but I just loathe any time spent on them. Season after season of Arrow shoving these interchangeable masks at me while sidelining OTA has given me comic name allergy. 

• Love 14

In the end it was revealed that Cayden ordered Black Siren to put a mini cam in the bunker

Dammit, TA - get better security. 

OTA could split up with NTA for any reason at all, legitimate or otherwise, and I wouldn't care. I'd be happier if they stayed split up, but I know I'm not that lucky. If I'm supposed to feel sympathy for Dinah and her pointless secret, that is a miscalculation, because I do not. Don't care about Curtis being butthurt. Don't care about Rene and his daughter that sometimes he cares about, even if that's the one motivation I can understand. Still don't care. 

You know who I would have cared about? Rory. Way to mess that up, TPTB.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Boo so no dessert at all then ?

Not necessarily the guy barely described Olicity scenes in the crossover and had to watch again to see if there was a wedding reception because he missed it the first time. I'm guessing he'd miss or purposely ignore Olicity dessert.