Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, way2interested said:

Maybe Chico expected everyone to think that Oliver was going to go to BS for help?

I'm pretty sure that's what she would have preferred.

2 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I disagree that the kid is a good actor, not after seeing other kids around the same age on other shows/movies recently - looking at the kid who was on The Good Doctor this week. (And also from Vancouver! We could have had that kid!) However, he could improve, and I am looking forward to scenes with Felicity/EBR. See? She makes everything better for me. 

That kid is soooo good, I was thinking during the last episode that Arrow should have cast him.  (For Supernatural fans, he played young Sam Winchester on 11x08 Just My Imagination.)  And the kid who was in the movie with EBR and later on the Prison Break mini-series also lives in Vancouver and they both look similar enough to SA.

Rappaport is usually so good at casting; I don't know what went wrong here.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Which makes me wonder just how much is being devoted to the double wedding on LOT. They might have gone with a quickie so the shows can do their own big wedding celebrations. I'm now curious what The Flash is doing.

Yay, so I don't have to watch the Nazi crossovers!

17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Rappaport is usually so good at casting; I don't know what went wrong here.

At the time he was cast it was probably just for looks since I don't think he had any lines until the end of 415? I highly doubt MG had planned that far ahead. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

Which makes me think that WA may be getting that divorce and then they'd get married again later in a bigger fashion 

I don't think they'll go as far as getting a divorce, but I do think there will be some sort of separation sooner or later. And the Flash has all the wedding build up going on, including last night's episode so less need for a reception. 

23 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

Which makes me think that WA may be getting that divorce and then they'd get married again later in a bigger fashion 

I think it's more so that WA gets the pre-wedding build and Olicity gets the post-wedding focus cause Olicity is the surprise wedding. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Time to start wishing for Felicity/Thea scenes again since Thea's awake.

Also, I had to laugh at that response regarding KC. 

It would be/would have been within BS's nature to crash the party and the chance to be meta about stuff again but I guess not. Thea should have a scene with her new sister in law but then she should have had interaction when they got engaged and she didn't.

3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oh, wow, I'm just realizing we might get Olicity promos!!!! Any chance of Entertainment Weekly doing a full spread? I mean, they did one for the lousy Nanda Parbat fake wedding. Still very bitter about that. 

Right now I'm just going to hope we don't get BC or BS interviews that week. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oh, wow, I'm just realizing we might get Olicity promos!!!! Any chance of Entertainment Weekly doing a full spread? I mean, they did one for the lousy Nanda Parbat fake wedding. Still very bitter about that. 

If the CW pays for it/arranges it. So probably not ??

I know how this show likes to make it so that blood relation parent = important parent, but I hope they don't do anything like make Felicity's relationship with her dad all sunshine and rainbows, and I really hope they don't have him walk her down the aisle or have a father/daughter dance.  I'm kind of hoping he's there related to the Cayden James story as opposed to Smoak family relationships.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Speaking of BS, GATV confirmed she isn't in Ep3. I'm surprised I know she filmed, guess they needed to cut scenes.

That's interesting because BS' cohort in crime, Alex Faust (Dominic Bogart), is returning in 603, according to his IMDb page. Maybe he acts for her in her absence.

Edited by tv echo

‘Arrow’: 5 teases for 6×03 ‘Next of Kin’
OCTOBER 25, 2017  BY CAITLIN KELLY
https://www.hypable.com/arrow-teases-6x03-next-of-kin/

Much of the episode deals with Diggle’s personal journey toward accepting his worthiness to take on the mantle of the Green Arrow. A heart-to-heart between Oliver and Diggle, in which their roles are reversed from the usual pep talks, sees Oliver show his unwavering support for Diggle.
With Oliver departing the team and leaving Diggle in charge, it’s no surprise that the team would have to adjust to the new chain of command. But with Diggle struggling to make snap decisions and Dinah keeping his nerve damage a secret from the rest of the team, Team Arrow isn’t as united as usual. One member of the team even asks Oliver to return, but he refuses.
With Oliver stepping back from vigilante duty, he has more time to focus on his duties as mayor. It’s a good time for him to put all his attention on his day job because a Star City council member plans to introduce anti-vigilante legislation.

Oliver is in a tight spot with this: if he takes a soft stance on vigilantes, that will make him look more suspicious to Agent Watson. However, Oliver refuses to ask Diggle to don the Hood then support legislation that puts him in danger, so Oliver and co. must figure out another approach.
With William stressing over a math test, Oliver realizes he isn’t the best equipped to support his son’s academic pursuits. He turns to Felicity for help, asking her to tutor William. And, well, things progress from there.

1. Diggle is now the Green Arrow…
2. Heavy is the head that wears the Hood
3. Team dynamics are in flux
4. Star City is going anti-vigilante… again
5. Oliver and Felicity take a step (or three) forward

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

It isn’t beyond anyone’s (read: Agent Watson) notice that the Green Arrow suddenly isn’t shooting arrows either.

Then...why does he have a quiver full of arrows? Does he just randomly bust out with a gun now?

With William stressing over a math test, Oliver realizes he isn’t the best equipped to support his son’s academic pursuits. He turns to Felicity for help, asking her to tutor William. And, well, things progress from there.

Well, William. If you're gonna be around, at least you can be useful! 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Then...why does he have a quiver full of arrows? Does he just randomly bust out with a gun now?

Perhals the quiver is full of guns (non-lethal of course)? 

2 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I know how this show likes to make it so that blood relation parent = important parent, but I hope they don't do anything like make Felicity's relationship with her dad all sunshine and rainbows, and I really hope they don't have him walk her down the aisle or have a father/daughter dance.  I'm kind of hoping he's there related to the Cayden James story as opposed to Smoak family relationships.

I forgot how the F/N relationship ended up. I remember that Donna sent him away again but I don't remember if Felicity had a reaction to him leaving. I hope they don't Merlynize him..."But Felicity, he's your father!" 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Is it weird that I'm not in love with the way this storyline seems to be shaping up? I'll wait and see before passing judgement, but the idea that he turns to Felicity because of Myson and math and not, presumably, because he's desperate to move their relationship forward is making me side-eye it a little bit...

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1

But what will they bring as a gift? How do you follow a slow cooker?

Seriously, it's now been literally years and I'm still mildly disappointed that Laura, at least, wasn't working for Waller and was there to keep an eye on Oliver.

3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'll wait and see before passing judgement, but the idea that he turns to Felicity because of Myson and math and not, presumably, because he's desperate to move their relationship forward is making me side-eye it a little bit...

She's the one who seems to be putting the brakes on things though - I mean, from what little bit they've shown so far.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, bijoux said:

I'm hoping that Felicity is wearing something bridal, that's the thing I'm hoping they're trying to keep under wraps.

It's really nice that exactly two years after getting engaged they're throwing their wedding reception. Let's just forget Oliver killing Felicity's boyfriend a year ago, I think they have.

Poor Billy. Didn't even have a funeral. Wasn't he a Cop?  Another character added the TV graveyard of forgotten characters.

Edited by Simba122504
Word change
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Is it weird that I'm not in love with the way this storyline seems to be shaping up? I'll wait and see before passing judgement, but the idea that he turns to Felicity because of Myson and math and not, presumably, because he's desperate to move their relationship forward is making me side-eye it a little bit...

I actually feel the same way. I don't really like how it seems that Oliver is trying to make an instafam for Myson but hopefully it's not going to play out like that. Or like he doesn't have time to tutor him...but hey jobless Felicity has lots of free time.

603 looks like it's going to be Diggle and Olicity heavy so I am somewhat optimistic that there will be Felicity stuff too and generally about the episode. 

I mean I still don't think they should be anywhere close to getting married but that was like 3 or 4 near death experiences ago. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, bijoux said:

But what will they bring as a gift? How do you follow a slow cooker?

A pressure cooker ?

I don't even remember what those people look like. I can't believe they actually brought them back.

Question do we know what episode Roy comes back? I now want him at the wedding reception.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I actually feel the same way. I don't really like how it seems that Oliver is trying to make an instafam for Myson but hopefully it's not going to play out like that. Or like he doesn't have time to tutor him...but hey jobless Felicity has lots of free time.

Exactly. I mean, I get that Felicity makes more sense than Oliver as a math tutor, but the fact that they made a big deal last week of Oliver not wanting to leave Myson alone if anything ever happens to him seems like a pretty crappy motivation for getting back together with Felicity. I'm holding out hope that it'll be more romantic than that, but it's a weird setup so far. 

3 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I'd rather them deal with Donna telling her the truth and why her dad left both times. I think Noah and Felicity could have a great relationship but the secret Donna is keeping is what's causing a rift between them.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

A pressure cooker ?

I don't even remember what those people look like. I can't believe they actually brought them back.

Question do we know what episode Roy comes back? I now want him at the wedding reception.

I don't there was ever anything about a specific episode for Roy.

5 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Exactly. I mean, I get that Felicity makes more sense than Oliver as a math tutor, but the fact that they made a big deal last week of Oliver not wanting to leave Myson alone if anything ever happens to him seems like a pretty crappy motivation for getting back together with Felicity. I'm holding out hope that it'll be more romantic than that, but it's a weird setup so far. 

Oliver's desire to be with Felicity existed way before he knew about his kid. Whatever happens between the kid and him and him wanting to make sure someone is always there for his kid -whether it be Felicity or anyone else doesn't take away from the fact that Oliver has always wanted Felicity to be apart of his life. 

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

they made a big deal last week of Oliver not wanting to leave Myson alone if anything ever happens to him seems like a pretty crappy motivation for getting back together with Felicity.

He and Felicity are already "back together," it's really just a matter of moving things forward. Maybe now that Oliver has more free time and a bit less death threats and sees that shot/slight possibility of that family life he wanted back in 301 once again after Felicity helps him and decides maybe that he wants to try to move them forward.

• Love 6

I feel like the only reason for the Hoffmans' presence (here, at the engagement party in S4) is the simple fact that no one on the team has a friend outside of it in Star City. So otherwise, it would just be the team (let's just include Lance and Thea here), Felicity's parents and William. And then random people in the background. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Trisha said:

What about the set up from the premiere, when Oliver wanted Felicity to come over not as a buffer, but explicitly for company? That set things up as well.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Oliver's desire to be with Felicity existed way before he knew about his kid.

But they haven't really showed that much. I guess I just wish he was more demonstrative following 520. She was the one who kissed him in the finale. Yes, he invited her to a family dinner but that was "for company" and not the most romantic invite I've ever heard. They clearly had a discussion over the summer about hitting the breaks for a bit to allow William to settle in and I get why, but I'm gonna need a big, sweeping gesture that has nothing to do with the kid. (Or maybe fic has just ruined my expectations...)

• Love 2

I definitely don't like how everything in Oliver's life ties to the kid now because I couldn't care less about William and want him to move away with other relatives and really don't want olicity as a family unit with him but I don't get the sense at all that Oliver is making moves with Felicity so the kid has a family.Like others said already he was ready to marry her and wanted it way before he knew about the kid.The reason that didn't happen was because he screwed up and Felicity broke it off.Now that she's forgiven him it makes sense that he wants to get back to that point but he's going at a slower pace because Felicity wants that.

• Love 9

Oliver and the Kid are a package now and Felicity knows that. I think that's why we saw some of the hesitancy in the premiere, I think she's scared to somewhat disrupt this new dynamic they have and Oliver is clearly giving her the time she needs . But it's why he's taking small steps like trying to find ways she could be apart of their life. Instead of hiring a tutor for William, he goes to the one person he knows can help him and he knows that way Felicity could start to feel comfortable with being in William's life. 

• Love 7

The thing with Oliver is he usually always waits around for her to call the shots. 

Fanfic often turns him into pushy Oliver but canon Oliver imo likes to hover around and let Felicity decide.

That was my take on them after watching 522 and 601. I don't get the impression he'd dare kiss her until she planted one on him in 523.

Hehe that's why I was ok with him being manipulative about the fake wedding back in the day. It was one of the rare times that he was pushy.

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I'd rather them deal with Donna telling her the truth and why her dad left both times. I think Noah and Felicity could have a great relationship but the secret Donna is keeping is what's causing a rift between them.

The same issue I have with Samantha's ultimatum is the same issue I have here, mother's request is not infallible and must be honored. Arrow has parent issues, y'all. Donna sent Noah away because he was involved with dangerous people(correct me if I'm wrong) but Noah chose to stay away instead of not hanging out with dangerous people so he could be in his daughter's life. He still stole from her and harmed her friend. Though I guess he is still a better dad than Merlyn. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4

Think of it this way. Things were not great between Oliver and William in the premiere. If Felicity had accepted Oliver's invitation, it would have just been really awkward. 

But now, things are getting better between Oliver and William. Presumably, things are going to continue like that.

So with things better there, it won't be as awkward for Oliver to go to William, "This is Felicity. She's going to help you with math. Also, I'm going to marry her as soon as I get the chance." Or something along those lines. 

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I feel like the only reason for the Hoffmans' presence (here, at the engagement party in S4) is the simple fact that no one on the team has a friend outside of it in Star City. So otherwise, it would just be the team (let's just include Lance and Thea here), Felicity's parents and William. And then random people in the background. 

Unless the Hoffman’s are evil. Dun de dun dun!

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

The issue here is why they brought back the Hoffmans and not Walter.

The shame.

Especially since he has/ had a vested interest in both O and F. 

58 minutes ago, Trisha said:

But they haven't really showed that much. I guess I just wish he was more demonstrative following 520. She was the one who kissed him in the finale. Yes, he invited her to a family dinner but that was "for company" and not the most romantic invite I've ever heard. They clearly had a discussion over the summer about hitting the breaks for a bit to allow William to settle in and I get why, but I'm gonna need a big, sweeping gesture that has nothing to do with the kid. (Or maybe fic has just ruined my expectations...)

And he kissed her back. And he's been making googly heart eyes at her since 6.1. He wanted to be with her and she kept the distance. And now he's going to take it slow for both of their sakes. And it is entirely possible for him to want to make mad passionate love to Felicity and marry her and want her to bond with  Myson. These are not mutually exclusive things.

• Love 14
58 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The real issue here is why they brought back the Hoffmans and not Walter.

The shame.

And then they could have invited Slade and then Walter and Slade could have talked about the table linens or something with their lovely voices...

• Love 5

I'm excited about the reception but I really don't understand the Hoffmans being there. In addition to Felicity seeming to kind of hate them, would anyone really travel that far for the reception of a couple that lived next door (for less than five months) two years ago? 

• Love 1