Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Arrow: Harkavy Teases Black Canary’s Reaction to [*SPOILER*]’s New Identity
17 hours ago  by Meagan Damore
http://www.cbr.com/arrow-juliana-harkavy-dig-new-identity/

.. Speaking to CBR, Black Canary actress Juliana Harkavy addressed this twist and Dinah’s reaction to it, which will be revealed in “Next of Kin,” the season’s third episode.

CBR: In episode two, Dinah learned the truth about Dig’s injury. How long can she keep that to herself?
Juliana Harkavy:
Well, I think she’s going to do her best to honor Diggle’s privacy, but also, it’s very concerning to her, because it could put the team at risk if he’s compromised. So I think she’s going to do what she can to sort of keep it, monitor it and see how it goes, but ultimately her loyalty is to the team. You know, she doesn’t want anyone’s life to potentially be lost because someone’s hurt, so she’s letting it go for now but I think she will definitely readjust if she needs to.

Can you tease Dinah’s reaction to learning that Dig agreed to become Green Arrow?
I think Dinah’s really flexible. On many levels, she’s willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, so when it comes to justice and when it comes to these things… She goes with it, but — again, because she knows that there’s something happening with Dig — there might be a little bit of reluctance. Ultimately, I think she’s going to find a way to… She’s going to try to become her best self. She’ll need to fight harder and do more, because — without Oliver — the team really needs to be at their best. But the Diggle thing is concerning.

Edited by tv echo

First of all, I expect the next set of interviews to be with DR. Please. No more from JH. I generally like her, I do, but I've just had enough of anything BC/BS-related. 

Also, do we think that Oliver's just going to tell William he's going on a quick vacation with his friend when Slade enlists his help in 605 considering what he's going to do is probably a lot more dangerous than going out with a team as GA? Or maybe he'll just say he has to go out of town on business as mayor. Whatever it is, he's probably going to lie, right?

• Love 7
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Also, do we think that Oliver's just going to tell William he's going on a quick vacation with his friend when Slade enlists his help in 605 considering what he's going to do is probably a lot more dangerous than going out with a team as GA? Or maybe he'll just say he has to go out of town on business as mayor. Whatever it is, he's probably going to lie, right?

He could just be saying he's honoring another promise to someone, I guess.

8 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

DMmDtN7XkAc5ppO.jpg

Hey look GA and BC in action! 

Yes the pose is cheesy AF, but she looks good. I dont know how to word it without sounding creepy, but she looks physically capable, like she has a strong body, my only negative is those heels, she would still look stereotypical 'sexy hot badass' (to please those who only care about if she looks hot and carries the right name), if her boots were flat or even combat style.

• Love 1

I’m not that big a fan of Dinah’s pose in the photo, but at least she doesn’t look bored like Curtis. Though that may be because of his mask. It looks so bad in photos. 

And who knows what Rene is doing behind that mask. Though it is the best identity concealment out of all their masks. You’d have to match his eyes to ID him. 

15 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I wonder if we'll hear from DR about this big storyline for Diggle.

He should, but question is, is he willing to do press interviews? This is starting to remind me of season 5 when JH and Lexa Doig were seemingly the only ones doing interviews although neither actor had a storyline and Lexa wasn't even a prominent recurring guest star. 

4 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Diggle is using the crossbow in the promo. 

He's using a regular bow in the photo. Of course it may depend on which one happens first. 

2 hours ago, strikera0 said:

He should, but question is, is he willing to do press interviews? This is starting to remind me of season 5 when JH and Lexa Doig were seemingly the only ones doing interviews although neither actor had a storyline and Lexa wasn't even a prominent recurring guest star. 

He seems like the most willing. If it is a chance to talk about Wiggled storyline and him actually having one,  he'd most likely jump at it  

Edited by Primal Slayer
1 hour ago, strikera0 said:

I totally understand not liking to do press interviews, but surely in some instances, like say, promoting a story line about your character,  TPTB say, "This is part of the job"? 

I mean, we all probably have things we don't like about our jobs, but we do them. Because it's part of what we're paid for. 

I don't mean that as a swipe at DR (or EBR since that's the prevailing theory as to why she doesn't do much press). I just find it odd that a show would not insist actors do some interviews for promotion. 

• Love 3

From what I can tell, Oliver stays completely away from being a part of Team Arrow until 607, except for a brief, temporary involvement in 604, where he comes back to the team in a "different" and "surprising" way. Except for that one time, he's completely out of the team. I think Oliver won't put on the GA suit again until 607 (conveniently in time for him to be the GA in the crossover).

Edited by tv echo

'Arrow': Juliana Harkavy On What Inspires Her Portrayal Of Black Canary
by Jenna Anderson | October 19, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/19/arrow-dinah-drake-juliana-harkavy-black-canary/

In an interview with ComicBook.com, Harkavy discussed the many things that influence her portrayal of the iconic DC Comics character. In particular, she cited the side of Dinah seen in the DC You Black Canary miniseries, which portrayed her as a frontwoman of a rock band.

“She’s a complicated and multidimensional character." Harkavy explained. "In the comics, she’s in a band and when I was reading about her initially, that was one of my favorite things about her. Even though you might never see her in a band on the show, to me there are all these layers that make her such a strong person that I’m really excited for people to see that."
"I’ve been lucky." Harkavy revealed. "Any decision that I’ve made for Dinah, they’ve decided to go with. Any energy I bring, they decide to roll with it, or else it was already their initial plan. It’s been great; I can play and make her whatever I want and it just falls into what already is. It’s a symbiotic relationship between what’s written and how you decide to play it but it all falls together in the end."

Now that Arrow's sixth season has officially kicked off, fans will get to see exactly what's next for Dinah. Not only does she have a new costume, but a new outlook on her vigilante role (which could bring some trouble as the season goes on). The new season will also see Dinah getting a love interest, but Harkavy reassured ComicBook.com that it probably won't be with who you're expecting.

'Arrow' Actress Doesn't Think Black Canary and Diggle Will Have Romance
by Russ Burlingame | October 19, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/19/arrow-actress-doesnt-think-black-canary-and-diggle-will-have-rom/

“Building that relationship has been one of my favorite things about this season,” Harkavy told ComicBook.com. “I know there’s a lot of speculation as to what that relationship is. To me, I think it’s really a very deep friendship. I think Dinah finds a kindred spirit in Diggle and cares for him a lot. Once she can open herself up to somebody, if you are in her heart, you’re in. And I think seeing Diggle compromised, it’s really opened her up as a person and as a character and let her show some of her vulnerability. I really love what they’ve given to Dinah and Diggle.”

Edited by tv echo
44 minutes ago, tv echo said:

The new season will also see Dinah getting a love interest, but Harkavy reassured ComicBook.com that it probably won't be with who you're expecting.

Who are we expecting? Diggle? Oliver?

17 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

"...won't be with who you're expecting" So no birds romance? I was actually expecting so much fighting between Laurel/Dinah would end up in a torrid romance 

I am putting this down in my dark horse column. Dinah and Wild Dog just cause.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

I was actually expecting so much fighting between Laurel/Dinah would end up in a torrid romance 

:-)

Or maybe the torrid romance could be between BS and Oliver because BS is Laurel and Laurel was Oliver's girlfriend. So this Laurel also could be his one true luv. Of course it could also be a Canary/Oliver sandwich. More BC and GA then you never knew you needed or wanted. Maybe that is why the show moved to 9pm. The wedding is just for show because who needs Felicity if you can have Oliver and his screaming birds. Maybe Sara could drop by once in awhile.

But let's be real I am expecting Lance or Vigilante. 

Edited by Belinea

I’m expecting Dinah/Vigilante (who may or may not be her dead BF). If he’s not the dead BF, I wouldn’t be surprised if the dead BF shows up at some point. Gotta have relationship drama.

I wouldn’t mind Dinah/Lance (though they seem to be pushing the whole “paternal” thing in interviews, so it probably won’t happen) or Dinah/Rene.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

My first thought the Dinah plotline that will cause issues for the team. Wendy did say around midseason. And we know BS is back in episode 9.

That would be my guess to. Either that or Oliver/Diggle conflict since I vaguely recall either David or Stephen hinting they would be at odds with each other. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WindofChange said:

Maybe it's the team. Diggle/Dinah/Rene v Oliver/Felicity/Curtis? 

It was teased that the team will be at odds right?

Since the emphasis has been so much on the Team dynamics this season (new logo and everything) this would make sense and would be a big enough cliffhanger for the mid season hiatus.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

Maybe it's the team. Diggle/Dinah/Rene v Oliver/Felicity/Curtis? 

It was teased that the team will be at odds right?

Yeah I'm pretty sure either SA or DR teased Civil War at one of the cons. IIRC.

• Love 2

Maybe some sort of conflict that’s related to something that happens while Diggle’s GA since it seems likely Oliver’s back as GA full-time by the MSF? 

So that combined with whatever happens with Dinah could lead to team problems if people start taking sides. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

15 minutes into 6x10 :P

? I hope so.

If the team splits in two, I presume they won't make my dreams come true with OTA vs Errybody Else, so what will the split be? I'm guessing Dragon or Cayden James does something villainy and everyone has to join forces again. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe some sort of conflict that’s related to something that happens while Diggle’s GA since it seems likely Oliver’s back as GA full-time by the MSF? 

So that combined with whatever happens with Dinah could lead to team problems if people start taking sides. 

Yeah, something probably happens when Diggle is GA. Whether he kills someone (accidentally) or just creates more trouble for GA and thus more trouble for Oliver when he takes back the mantle, IDK. And they teased Oliver/Diggle conflict so I expect that to be the split tbh. IDK whose side everyone will choose though. 

• Love 1

I'm just glad they're good in the crossover so that Dig can perform Oliver and Felicity's wedding. Has anyone noticed Spartan in the bts pics from the crossover? I can't remember that I have.

• Love 1

If we're speccing that Irreconcilable Differences are connected to the Civil War storyline they hinted at previously, then yes. They're obviously on good terms in the crossover since Dig marries them. 

• Love 1

Nyssa returns to claim the Olicity marriage is invalid because... bigamy! Oliver files for a Nanda Parbat divorce on the grounds of irreconcilable differences. Then Oliver & Felicity get married again in the spring.  ;)

Or wait - Dinah was secretly married to her "deceased" partner/lover, and he returns from the dead. Turns out, he's not a good guy after all.

MG never tweeted a title page for 608, I assume, because there's just one huge script for the 4-show crossover. I'd still like to see the title page for Crisis on Earth-X, so I can see who's getting writing credits.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, way2interested said:

NGL, l laughed so hard after reading that title. It's literally the most trolling title they could have used right after marrying Olicity ?

My head canon is that originally the title was something else but after the set photos were released Marc changed it just to f@ck with people.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

When all you want is OTA but the show forgets that dynamic even exists and then creates a huge division between them...

Hopefully they'll reconcile and there will be a big OTA reunion huggles scene.

Someone pretty please ask about OTA if they get the chance at one of the cons!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hopefully they'll reconcile and there will be a big OTA reunion huggles scene.

Oh yeah, they'll definitely reconcile. It's Arrow. LOL. But I just really miss that original team dynamic. Always have tbh. 

• Love 5