Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Late to the party but what's the point in bringing back Prometheus if he's not played by JS? He made him. IMO, that's a bit like bringing on some random to play Felicity Smoak. No one but EBR can play her. IDGI. ?

14 hours ago, bijoux said:

It makes sense. I'd think it's Oliver if I didn't know he was evil Nazi GA on that Earth. These guesses make sense. Or hey - Felicity. EarthX Felicity turns out to be their biggest foe.

Being Jewish, would she even exist on a Nazi-controlled world? Or would she have lost the needed ancestors long ago?

7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Being Jewish, would she even exist on a Nazi-controlled world? Or would she have lost the needed ancestors long ago?

I'm honestly doubtful about how much thought they'll give to the fact she's Jewish. Unless I'm remembering it wrong, MG was very dismissive of people's criticism for sticking Felicity in a gas chamber in season 4.

• Love 3

To be honest, I don't get forgetting the significance of a gas chamber, but I hope you're right here. It would be beyond bad if Felicity was made into a Nazi, but then again, the heroes being Nazis in an alt universe still doesn't really sit right woth me to be honest. I'd be perfectly fine with a) fighting Nazis, b) fighting evil versions of the heroes, like BS is. It's just that those two scenarios overlapping seems tone deaf to me.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

In story wise, I don't think it would matter much, since it would be more impactful to have Jewish people in the resistance. It would also be very emotional story wise to have Arrowverse's Jewish Character's counterparts react to Earth1 Oliver, Barry and Kara. 

Logically I would think most wpuld have been wiped out but, quite a few could/would have been saved by others (the Pope, Schindler, Irena Sandler, Sir Nicholas Winton, the Bielski Brothers, etc)

I can see resistance movements in every country, plus the entire North, Central and South America land masses (plus Russia) are massive would be places to hide and resist.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I can get forgetting the significance of a gas chamber but these are full on Nazis! No one would let them off the hook if they forgot and had a Nazi version of Felicity.  

19 minutes ago, bijoux said:

To be honest, I don't get forgetting the significance of a gas chamber, but I hope you're right here.

Replying in Target Practice thread.

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

She probably wouldn't be jewish on EX, that aspect of the character wouldn't necessarily follow her around to each Earth. Probably E2 since they are a closer version to E1.

To be honest, I don't get forgetting the significance of a gas chamber,

In my mind the comics were constantly having bad guys trap heroes in room and then gas them or attempt to gas them so it's a trope I have in my mind separated from the atrocities of Nazi Germany so even though Felicity is Jewish and DD was trying to gas them, I first went to it being just another bad guy doing comic book villain stuff and had to be reminded of the deeper significance.  It also helped that she wasn't singled out.  But I suppose MG could always justifiably say that DD was an evil dude doing evil things.  So it just didn't bother me whereas if they'd stuck Felicity on the Nazi's side I'd rip them a new one. 

In the resistance would have been great though.  If you can't tell, I don't hold out much hope for that even though if they are willing to just handwave her being alive it would have made a great counterpoint to the story.  Such lovely character conflicts.  

It's kind of sad that we finally get CP on Arrow and it's probably only because of the whole "four-hour movie" aspect of the crossover. 

But yes, give me all the Felicity/Iris scenes. I just hope we're not getting them (in the crossover and over on The Flash in 405) only to build up to the two weddings and then they forget about their friendship until next year's crossover. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It's kind of sad that we finally get CP on Arrow and it's probably only because of the whole "four-hour movie" aspect of the crossover. 

But yes, give me all the Felicity/Iris scenes. I just hope we're not getting them (in the crossover and over on The Flash in 405) only to build up to the two weddings and then they forget about their friendship until next year's crossover. 

I fully expect for it to be dropped, no real reason to keep mentioning it beyond the crossover. Only way it comes up again is if there are more crossover appearances planned in the back half. 

• Love 1

I don't expect them to mention it since they have other plot points to take care of and so does Flash. But I assume that when both ladies have a free day and things have not gone to sh@t they will meet up for a girl's dinner date/drink/spa. It's nice they have them interact in Flash 405 and the crossover so I can at least have the head canon that Felicity does have friends and is not locked in the freaking bunker in thousand dollar outfits trying to save Star City every night! 

• Love 3

Hello all!  This is my first trip into the spoiler thread because I'm desperately looking for a reason to tune into the show this season.   I haven't found that reason,  but I'm still here.   I just wanted to say that I'm pretty sure Willa has been completely sidelined to make room for all the new masks,  she's not doing any other work and doesn't seem to be in any sort of treatment centers, unless her Instagram and Twitter are being updated to make it look like everything is fine which I guess is possible.  To me it really reads one of two ways,  she got sick of Arrow or the writers got bored of her.   Which sucks,  as Thea is my second favourite character. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Late to the party but what's the point in bringing back Prometheus if he's not played by JS? He made him. IMO, that's a bit like bringing on some random to play Felicity Smoak. No one but EBR can play her. IDGI. ?

Because it's only the mask that's important, not the person behind the mask (according to these EPs apparently).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Because it's only the mask that's important, not the person behind the mask 

The weird part is that in Prometheus case the mask wasn't even important. It was just there to throw people off. Adrian Chase was important. Even the producers hopefully understand that. He wasn't a good villain because of his mask, he was a cool villain because the person behind it was so evil. But maybe he will just be there in a cameo moment. That way they don't have to pay JS. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Delphi said:

To me it really reads one of two ways,  she got sick of Arrow or the writers got bored of her.

Idk, if she got sick of Arrow, I don't know why she'd keep going back to cons and then imply it wasn't her decision to be in fewer episodes, and if they got bored of her, I don't know why they'd give Thea substantial scenes when they did have WH (a whole subplot with Lance, 509, 514, 515, 521, 522, 523, even if all of them weren't executed well, they were still plots/scenes specially tailored to her character).

4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

She probably wouldn't be jewish on EX, that aspect of the character wouldn't necessarily follow her around to each Earth. Probably E2 since they are a closer version to E1.

Being Jewish is an ethnicity so that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It would be like saying Diggle being black wouldn't follow him around to another earth, or Rene being Latino wouldn't follow him around in another earth.

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if the non-mask characters just don't have Earth-X versions. I doubt they're going to have Earth-X versions of all the characters and I could see the non-fighters being the first ones crossed off the "who's getting a doppelgänger?" list. 

I feel like it's likely the only Felicity we get will be ours - and considering the alien brainwashing Felicity we got in the 100th, that's probably a good thing. 

• Love 3

Yeah well if Diggle or any person of ethnicity like Cisco has an earth x counterpart that really would undermine the whole Nazi aspect since their whole thing was/is about having a Aryan race or a master race of whiteness. It defeats the purpose of having the villian group in the episode be Nazis in the first place. Which justs add into my reasons for why I'm completely against the idea of them normalising Nazis by having them be popular characters counterparts/doppelgängers.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Being Jewish is an ethnicity so that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It would be like saying Diggle being black wouldn't follow him around to another earth, or Rene being Latino wouldn't follow him around in another earth.

There are Earths that are gender bent and are different ethnicities. 

11 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Is anyone besides Oliver, Kara, Barry and Prometheus actually confirmed as having an EarthX counterpart? They're the only ones on the crossover poster.

I don't think so. I think it's only them so far. I would think Supergirl, Flash, GA, and Prometheus would be enough to counter a good number of the good guys, but logistically I would guess that someone else would be in charge since they seemed more like muscle in that animated teaser. That and SA's dialogue tease from the crossover of "General, a word outside?" or something like that makes me think that they'll have some additional counterpart cameo to reveal, an additional Arrow/Flash/Supergirl character or even a LoT character since there's no Earth-X character from their group confirmed yet.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Yeah well if Diggle or any person of ethnicity like Cisco has an earth x counterpart that really would undermine the whole Nazi aspect since their whole thing was/is about having a Aryan race or a master race of whiteness. It defeats the purpose of having the villian group in the episode be Nazis in the first place. Which justs add into my reasons for why I'm completely against the idea of them normalising Nazis by having them be popular characters counterparts/doppelgängers.

I guess it's good for the shows, story line, and because comics that all 3 leads are white. Sigh... Honestly, I haven't been paying too close attention, are we getting Nazi versions of LOT characters, too? This still all seems like a terribad idea.

ETA: Maybe that's why JS won't be Prometheus. Cuz he's obviously brown and all. Ugh at this whole thing. However, with that thought, I'm now glad JS won't be reprising his role. (Watch him pop up in a cameo now.)

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

I guess it's good for the shows, story line, and because comics that all 3 leads are white. Sigh... Honestly, I haven't been paying too close attention, are we getting Nazi versions of LOT characters, too? This still all seems like a terribad idea.

I feel your terribad and raise you an Ugh! ?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

So then it's ok for them to make Diggle white in another earth? 

If they make Oliver black, yeah. To me it'd be different if it were just one episode. If they ever rebooted the show and made actual John Wiggle white that'd be a different story.

4 hours ago, bijoux said:

Is anyone besides Oliver, Kara, Barry and Prometheus actually confirmed as having an EarthX counterpart? They're the only ones on the crossover poster.

I'm not sure if I read this from a source so it could just be secondhand info but I do remember something about only Oliver, Barry and Kara having Earth X counterparts. But don't quote me on it or anything!

IDK, I think it makes sense to keep the duplicates to a minimum. The crossover is going to be packed/messy enough as it is tbh.

Edited by Guest
40 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm not sure if I read this from a source so it could just be secondhand info but I do remember something about only Oliver, Barry and Kara having Earth X counterparts. But don't quote me on it or anything!

IDK, I think it makes sense to keep the duplicates to a minimum. The crossover is going to be packed/messy enough as it is tbh.

Yeah, that came from TV Line, saying only Barry, Kara, Oliver and Mystery Archer were crossing over

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, that came from TV Line, saying only Barry, Kara, Oliver and Mystery Archer were crossing over

Ah. Thank you! I tend to only skim read stuff these days which means I'm not always sure what's accurate info and what's just fanon. Haha.

Again, I wasn't sure where to post this, since KA's casting is still a spoiler and if I posted this in the Social Media thread, unspoiled readers might wonder why...

Puerto Rican Star Kirk Acevedo Shares Touching Story in Plea for Hurricane Disaster Relief (Guest Blog)
By TooFab Staff | September 30, 2017 1:29 PM
http://toofab.com/2017/09/30/puerto-rico-san-juan-hurricane-maria-donate-help-kirk-acevedo-guest-blog/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2