Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Well, the show's back in two weeks, so hopefully the promo will go back to normal after they reveal who's alive. If I was only going off of the promos, I'd be thinking this season would be as bad as Season 5 (imo), but the bts info we've gotten makes Season 6 sound like a vast improvement. 

Arrow sucks at promo period...they've always promoted the stuff nobody cares about and the episodes never quite match what is in the promo so I've lost hope for getting anything good.

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 8

I love how one of the newer promos and now this plot description have Anatoly in it within like a week, as if there was a group meeting and they decided, "Well, I guess we have to say something different for 602, we already used that dad stuff and BS vs BC for our promo for 601...Anatoly! He's the least spoiled new s6 villain we have--let's use him! Phew, almost thought we'd have to spoil something actually new. Let's at least put him in our new promo so people remember who he is."

• Love 2

Expect similar descriptions for the next 2 episodes since the show doesn’t premiere for 2 weeks.  6.03 might give us something about the FBI agent. Not sure what episode Richard Dragon premieres in.  6.04 is probably going to be BC/BS heavy.  ME debuts around that time too but if he’s Cayden James he might not get a mention until after Felicity lives is revealed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

So Oliver wasn't trying to balance being GA, mayor and father all these months before 602? Or does he suddenly start struggling with it because they'll have shown how everyone survives/who's injured/who dies/etc. in 601 so they can now show that?

He starts struggling with it because his toddler Willy had a bad dream and said he's afraid of the bad man. And it got extra hard because kid was doing the whole ominous pointy thing at him, okay?

giphy.gif

What was Arrow's last promo that was actually exciting-ish? The season premiere of S4? I don't even remember anymore.

• Love 12

A couple of months ago someone posted a pre pilot promo that was all about the Oliver/Laurel/Tommy triangle and Oliver being Damon Salvator that was truly terrible. It was probably the CW rather than the showrunners but if they'd done *that* show the premise wouldn't have gotten it a season 2, shown by the fact that they backed off Lauriver and killed Tommy.

As for the synopsis, yawn. Oliver should have realised being GA might be incompatible with being a single Dad the second they got home. Same with Rene, his objections to having his daughter live with him said nothing about his running around in a hockey mask either. Since they are still pretending everyone's dead they can't even hint at who the "tribute" is to, I'm assuming Samantha/other dead women. Still can't believe they aren't reminding people about the huge explosion and showing the faces of Dig/Felicity/Thea/Nyssa/Samantha etc to remind us that they might be dead and centring it around that rather than what we've got. Or if they are determined to pretend everyone is dead that they don't show more of Oliver sad or at a funeral or something more than the half assed Oliver and William, Slade, BCvs BS stuff we've got. *Try* to make it pack an emotional punch since that was the whole reason for blowing the Island after 5 seasons. 

I love Anatoly and David Nykl but I'd rather have them as antagonists or frenemies than outright enemies. Oliver does *not* get to be especially moralising about his time in the Bratva considering even last season (as Mayor) and everything in Star City since S1. 

3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Expect similar descriptions for the next 2 episodes since the show doesn’t premiere for 2 weeks.  6.03 might give us something about the FBI agent. Not sure what episode Richard Dragon premieres in.  6.04 is probably going to be BC/BS heavy.  ME debuts around that time too but if he’s Cayden James he might not get a mention until after Felicity lives is revealed.

We don't really know that for sure. All we know is KC apparently filmed for a couple more days than she did for 1-3, but that doesn't necessarily mean BC/BS heavy, though it might be more so. Though the promos are making it seem this season is nothing *but* BC/BS and we know it's not. 

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I believe I was excited for 519 and 520 based off the promos but it's hard to remember.

519 promo had Oliver and Felicity facing off, so that one certainly got me pumped. I don't really know anymore if it was the promo for 520 itself that got me excited or a combination of 519 as a lead in and spoilers.

• Love 1
On 9/25/2017 at 0:48 PM, apinknightmare said:

BqVMQEY.png

I wonder if Oliver voted?

Also - are we having mayoral elections again already?

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Just a tweet in the spoiler thread and, will repost in MYS, looks like they might be prisoners in the crossov

Sorry, mobile malfunction, on my last post, but

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Just posted a tweet in the spoiler thread and, will repost in MYS, looks like they might be prisoners in the crossover?

Maybe the doubles do try the switch places?

2 minutes ago, tofutan said:

That's sad to here, but why coma and not just have Thea go off for a while, travel the world, school, job, something? 

Maybe they need to save that for when she leaves? Coma now, wake up, do a few eps and then go off and travel?

Although I swear I read somewhere that someone said Willa Holland said she doesn't want reduced episodes. So I have no idea who to believe! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Maybe they need to save that for when she leaves? Coma now, wake up, do a few eps and then go off and travel?

Although I swear I read somewhere that someone said Willa Holland said she doesn't want reduced episodes. So I have no idea who to believe! 

Its clear as day that something went down during s5 that change how often they can use Willa Holland and it impacted the storylines to such a point that Prometheus never went after Thea, but Susan. IF Willa wanted out the talks would have happened before s5 started and not things just abruptly changing in the middle of s5.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

Its clear as day that something went down during s5 that change how often they can use Willa Holland and it impacted the storylines to such a point that Prometheus never went after Thea, but Susan. IF Willa wanted out the talks would have happened before s5 started and not things just abruptly changing in the middle of s5.

You reckon they shafted her?

But it didn't make sense for their storyline to shaft Thea because as we all know it was stupid Prometheus went after Susan! And Oliver didn't even care that much because it was Susan. The whole thing was so odd! I would have thought if it wasn't WH, they'd want to use Thea in their story.

9 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Notice how Thea/Willa was in most (all?) of the 5A episodes and then just disappears after 509? Yeah, that wasn't planned, if there was a plan to use her less they'd have spaced it out better instead of using up most of her "contracted" episodes in 5A.

Also, if this was Willa's call, why is she out there at cons saying it's not up to her? 

Yeah, I call coverup (re Willa got issues)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 14
24 minutes ago, tofutan said:

That's sad to here, but why coma and not just have Thea go off for a while, travel the world, school, job, something? 

They've been touting the explosion and how not everyone makes it out alive. We know F/D make it out physically fine so it' best to have someone from the main cast not make it out physically fine so they can show repercussions. Plus they don't have to write around why she doesn't come back for this and that. 

But I definitely think it's a mixture. Will  doesn't seem to happy with what they've done with her character. She likes the Moira aspect of it but she also wants to suit up and wants decent storylines.

10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Notice how Thea/Willa was in most (all?) of the 5A episodes and then just disappears after 509? Yeah, that wasn't planned, if there was a plan to use her less they'd have spaced it out better instead of using up most of her "contracted" episodes in 5A.

Also, if this was Willa's call, why is she out there at cons saying it's not up to her? 

Yeah, I call coverup (re Willa got issues)

S5s abrupt cut is the most telling IMO. Would they have done a mid season renegotiate? 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

We don't really know that for sure. All we know is KC apparently filmed for a couple more days than she did for 1-3, but that doesn't necessarily mean BC/BS heavy, though it might be more so. Though the promos are making it seem this season is nothing *but* BC/BS and we know it's not. 

I meant synopsis for 6.04 will probably be BC/BS heavy unless it is released after premiere airs, not that the episode is.  

Reminds me of the fan speculation about what happened midseason in Season 2. The first half ended with a a midwinter finale, where Slade's voiceover said something about corrupting the ones Oliver loved on a shot of Felicity, etc., but then that never happened. Instead, iirc, Felicity and Diggle virtually disappeared at the beginning of 2B, and then the season ended with Sara handing over her jacket to Laurel.

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Just posted a tweet in the spoiler thread and, will repost in MYS,

looks like they might be prisoners in the crossover? Or perhaps a device that allows them to travel between Earths?

Or sonic scream devices? Because... why not, at this point.

• Love 3

They did the whole prisoners thing in the last crossover so I hope that device means it's something different this time.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Reminds me of the fan speculation about what happened midseason in Season 2. The first half ended with a a midwinter finale, where Slade's voiceover said something about corrupting the ones Oliver loved on a shot of Felicity, etc., but then that never happened. Instead, iirc, Felicity and Diggle virtually disappeared at the beginning of 2B, and then the season ended with Sara handing over her jacket to Laurel.

I think that line was just a subtle set-up of Oliver actually being in love with Felicity and the s2 finale where he tells her he loves her to trick Slade. And also to maybe get the audience wondering if Slade would actually corrupt her. But I doubt there were any plans to do that. Those mid run of episodes were all Lance family. Meh.

10 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I didn't expect Felicity to actually be corrupted, but I did think Slade would come after her somehow and they'd interact before the finale.

Yeah, same. I just don't think they ever planned to do anything like that tbh. They probably just wanted us to think it but as usual had no plans to follow through. 

44 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

They did the whole prisoners thing in the last crossover so I hope that device means it's something different this time.

I think that line was just a subtle set-up of Oliver actually being in love with Felicity and the s2 finale where he tells her he loves her to trick Slade. And also to maybe get the audience wondering if Slade would actually corrupt her. But I doubt there were any plans to do that. Those mid run of episodes were all Lance family. Meh.

That's how I read that moment as well. It being an anvil to the fact that Felicity was going to be revealed as the one Oliver really loves. 

Slade threatening Felicity in 3x14 is probably more an instant of them teasing something that didn't intend to have pay off on since Slade is now bffs with Oliver again. 

• Love 1

EW has confirmed that the Arrow villain will appear in the four-way crossover between Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, but he’s the Prometheus from Earth-X, otherwise known as Prometheus-X.

Alas, there are no plans for Josh Segarra to return as Prometheus, which raises the question: Who is under that mask? ...

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 1

EW's theories: Lance or Roy.

Here's a crazy (maybe?) guess: Diggle? And that's why (we think) he's not on the poster despite all other team members who go into the field being present? 

ETA: Don't ask where that theory came from. It just popped into my head while reading that JS isn't returning and I have no idea why. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

EW's theories: Lance or Roy.

Here's a crazy (maybe?) guess: Diggle? And that's why (we think) he's not on the poster despite all other team members who go into the field being present? 

ETA: Don't ask where that theory came from. It just popped into my head while reading that JS isn't returning and I have no idea why. 

It makes sense. I'd think it's Oliver if I didn't know he was evil Nazi GA on that Earth. These guesses make sense. Or hey - Felicity. EarthX Felicity turns out to be their biggest foe.

Just now, bijoux said:

It makes sense. I'd think it's Oliver if I didn't know he was evil Nazi GA on that Earth. These guesses make sense. Or hey - Felicity. EarthX Felicity turns out to be their biggest foe.

If there was ever a chance for Marc to use his loophole yet again (Earth-X Felicity not appearing on Arrow, just on one of the other episodes), it would be now. Although tbh I would have thought he was Oliver too.

6 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Is Roy confirmed to return? 

Sort of? Colton tweeted that he was, but there hasn't been anything official. And I'd be surprised if they bring Roy back when Thea's not going to be in the episode, TBH. Especially with WH's reduced episode count and also Oliver asking Thea last season if she was with Roy during one of her out-of-town trips. But that may just be my thinking. 

Plus, there are going to be so many people in the crossover that I'd rather see Roy another time and I'd rather it not just be another Earth's Roy, even though he's not on my list of favorite characters. 

Really, I'll be surprised if Earth-X Prometheus isn't still technically Chase (or Simon or whatever) but we just don't see him without the mask, since Oliver, Barry and Kara are supposed to be the Earth-X versions, right? Why would he be different? 

• Love 1