Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

As for William - I'm going to wait and see on this arc. I'll enter the season with an open mind about him but I'm not very enthusiastic about it. I can be won over if those scenes are done well though. IMO the best way for this to happen is for William/Felicity to bond over pop culture/computers/stuff like that... 

Same, but imo I think the best way for this to happen (and, in a way, I think the easiest way for them to do that goes with how they've been doing this so far) is to have this focused solely on Oliver and him bouncing off this arc with other people (Diggle, Felicity, etc.) as a character catalyst rather than a drama catalyst and have the majority of the actual bonding taking place every like 6th episode/off-screen. Like, have it be very Oliver-driven as it's always been since his kid has been nothing more than a character plot device anyway, just have it be about going in a forward direction rather than to stir up drama again.

• Love 4

The trouble is the whole William plot left such a bitter taste that I just don't care about him. That, and the actor is terrible. I feel like I have to apologize every time I say that because he is just a kid but yikes. Not good. The thought of him having much screentime just makes me want to switch off. So they're already off to a bad start. Add in BS and Dinah and I'm just like ??

I wont be watching 601 live and it sounds like I'll be grateful for my fast forward button. ?

"Have everybody lost their minds?"  People promo-ing Arrow have.  I don't know why they didn't talk about Richard Dragon since they're already released the spoilers about him.

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Season 6 plot twist: even though Oliver seemed shocked by E2's existence and the fact that there's an Alt Laurel running around, he's actually been to E2 and they ARE old friends!

Even better, they had an affair on E2 and then he ran off and that's why she's so determined to screw him now.  (Take "screw" in any sense you wish.)

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The preview was just BS and then Oliver and William. Absolutely nothing new. 

Those initials, oh those initials.

Best case scenario:  Samantha regains her health at the end of 601 and Oliver becomes a skype dad.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Soulfire said:

I'm enjoying how much "It's your turn" could cover.  

Oliver as a parent.  Oliver giving advice.  Diggle perhaps donning the GA suit for a while.  Felicity starting her company.  And of course my fav...Felicity proposing to Oliver.    Crosses fingers!!!!   ???????

• Love 6

I took "it's your turn" to mean a role reversal, of sorts, between Oliver and everyone else? It seems like Diggle will now be the one struggling with PTSD and some issues. Felicity might have to deal with the consequences of her actions in S5 with Helix, instead of Oliver dealing with the consequences of his 5 years away. Maybe Oliver will be the one giving advice and support this time? IDK.

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I took "it's your turn" to mean a role reversal, of sorts, between Oliver and everyone else? It seems like Diggle will now be the one struggling with PTSD and some issues. Felicity might have to deal with the consequences of her actions in S5 with Helix, instead of Oliver dealing with the consequences of his 5 years away. Maybe Oliver will be the one giving advice and support this time? IDK.

All that makes sense as well.  :D

2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm thinking that mirror clip is from the premiere, and he's talking to Raisa before going out as GA. 

Yeah, I think it's the premiere, too, but I'm wondering if the reveal isn't Felicity in bed ;) I didn't quite get the dialogue but if Oliver is saying he thinks it might be a late night then maybe he and Felicity enjoyed a nooner and he's telling her he's gonna be at City Hall late and won't get to the bunker until much later #WishfulThinking 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Yeah, I think it's the premiere, too, but I'm wondering if the reveal isn't Felicity in bed ;) I didn't quite get the dialogue but if Oliver is saying he thinks it might be a late night then maybe he and Felicity enjoyed a nooner and he's telling her he's gonna be at City Hall late and won't get to the bunker until much later #WishfulThinking 

ALWAYS good to put this sort of thought out there in the universe! 

• Love 1

Or he's telling Raisa and/or William he's going to be working late (in the bunker?) so Raisa will need to put William to bed.  #BracingForDisappointment

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Chaser said:

I'd like someone at the next Con to start a question to SA/DR with "Assuming someone doesn't care about BS..."

Or be super over the top "I was so worried KC would be just a guest, but with this all promo confirming BS is the new female lead, when can we expect Oliver and hers epic love story to start??!!"

Bahahaha given how little she's actually filmed that promo will probably end up being more screentime then the first 3 episodes (601-603).  

As for the promo, yeah I'm thinking he's talking to Raisa, letting her know it's going to be a "late night" which transitions to Oliver as GA fighting baddies

Edited by Morrigan2575

I was thinking about Arrow the other day and had this wild idea...

Even though Helix cut off ties with Felicity after 519, what if Alena continued to monitor her, via surveillance hacks, all the way to the island? Then after the explosions, Helix sent mercs in to rescue only her (everyone else was either unconscious or dead on the island at the time) and fly her away. So she's been missing and presumed dead for the past five months. Then she shows up near the end of 601. It could also tie into the Cayden James story.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Even though Helix cut off ties with Felicity after 519, what if Alena continued to monitor her, via surveillance hacks, all the way to the island? Then after the explosions, Helix sent mercs in to rescue only her (everyone else was either unconscious or dead on the island at the time) and fly her away. So she's been missing and presumed dead for the past five months. Then she shows up near the end of 601. It could also tie into the Cayden James story.

I think they're going to wait a bit before reintroducing the Helix, like introduce ME's character (if he is James) before revealing who he is/what he's really doing or something, but I don't really know for sure.

But on the other side, since there's a 5.5 novel, I can't really imagine Marc co-writing an entire Arrow novel without having Felicity in it or having Oliver actually think she's dead throughout it, along with the debate of how could Oliver actually believe that Felicity could be dead without having proof.

• Love 1

I disagree with KenP on this, the fact that Nyssa (i.e. a stunt double or stand-in) was onset but not KL leads me to think Nyssa may in fact be a casualty. They used a stand in to film coffin Sara scene in 403, so i could see them using a stand in for dead Nyssa and using CGI for any special FX needed.  I hope I'm wrong but, no KL while there was a Nyssa has me concerned.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I disagree with KenP on this, the fact that Nyssa (i.e. a stunt double or stand-in) was onset but not KL leads me to think Nyssa may in fact be a casualty. They used a stand in to film coffin Sara scene in 403, so i could see them using a stand in for dead Nyssa and using CGI for any special FX needed.  I hope I'm wrong but, no KL while there was a Nyssa has me concerned.

1) They're using a stunt double for the reasons you said, she's dead and there's no reason to get KL back for it. 2) She's not dead but because KL is filming another show at the moment they have to use a double for some of it ala Slade but Nyssa is still alive. The fact that KL is filming something else means she won't be available much but that's not an issue for the show since she doesn't show up that regularly anyway. She'd be a "good" casualty for a couple of reasons. She's a well known/liked character enough to make an impact but not so vital that they'd have a hole in their cast and they could honestly still mourn for her unlike Talia. With Evelyn I think she's dead and I wouldn't mourn but I can see Oliver feeling really guilty about driving a teenager to Prometheus even though his old list that he has tried to change from is peanuts compared to what Evelyn willing did for and with Prometheus.

I just really hope that if Nyssa isn't dead we don't get episodes of *her* trying to change BS to E1 Laurel, not only would that be grossly out of character for her but it would be the final way for Laurel to have more of an on screen connection than Sara was ever allowed to, but hopefully "The Oath" will make that harder to arrange.

Does anyone know if LOT managed to arrange for PB to appear in ep 5 or 6 ? this season. They said they were trying to but it was a bit strange because unless there was a scheduling conflict it shouldn't be very difficult.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

1) They're using a stunt double for the reasons you said, she's dead and there's no reason to get KL back for it. 2) She's not dead but because KL is filming another show at the moment they have to use a double for some of it ala Slade but Nyssa is still alive. The fact that KL is filming something else means she won't be available much but that's not an issue for the show since she doesn't show up that regularly anyway. She'd be a "good" casualty for a couple of reasons. She's a well known/liked character enough to make an impact but not so vital that they'd have a hole in their cast and they could honestly still mourn for her unlike Talia. With Evelyn I think she's dead and I wouldn't mourn but I can see Oliver feeling really guilty about driving a teenager to Prometheus even though his old list that he has tried to change from is peanuts compared to what Evelyn willing did for and with Prometheus.

Oh just had an idea, maybe they only needed the stand-in/stunt double to be in the background when they recreate the minute of the explosion?  Then they could have Nyssa vanish and we'll find out later in the season if she's alive/dead (depending on actor availability)

I'm still 60/40 that Nyssa dies on the island

• Love 10

They might have used a different Sara in 403 because she was supposed to be desiccated and CL is not that thin.  I'm still hoping Nyssa is alive and KL was too busy to film, like Manu Bennett only show for a couple of days and the rest was a double in the costume.

I know Talia is a bigger name in comics but if someone has to die, in terms of the TV show Arrow, I'd rather it was Talia.

ETA:  If Nyssa is dead, that would solve the problem of Oliver being married to her. But I think it would be a waste of a possible two minutes of good TV.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, tv echo said:

I was thinking about Arrow the other day and had this wild idea...

They COULD have absolutely done this plausibly but yeah, not this year IMO.  I keep waiting for some variation of this storyline (Felicity goes missing or has to leave for some reason) to be used as a cliffhanger.  So maybe at the end of season six?  

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

They COULD have absolutely done this plausibly but yeah, not this year IMO.  I keep waiting for some variation of this storyline (Felicity goes missing or has to leave for some reason) to be used as a cliffhanger.  So maybe at the end of season six?  

Do not want another hiatus like this. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

If those casting rumors about Anna Hopkins joining Shadowhunters as the main villain are true i would think Samantha might be truly dead.

Though it's also not like Samantha has been this big demanding role.  

• Love 2
Just now, statsgirl said:

Once they've connected Oliver to Myson in the first episode or two, we never need to see Samantha again. She can send Myson on his own to be the ring-wearer at the Olicity wedding.

I might have a meltdown if that 10 yr old kid that looks 16 gets anywhere near the Olicity wedding, although seeing him carry a ringbearer pillow might be worth it just for the laughs. 

• Love 1

I think if there's an Olicity wedding we're going to be stuck with him, if only to show that Felicity is okay with Oliver's son.  But they better not have him as best man, that's all I can say.

On the other hand, they may not want to put out the bucks for the actor.

• Love 2

I'm 99.9% sure there will be an Olicity wedding, the remaining 00.1% go to the fact plans change even if i doubt that will happen in this case. 

I think we're stuck with the kid even if there was no wedding but given how much contrived b***s*** i had to endure because of that BM/kid mess i would like to be surprised (positively just this once) and have no kid there. If i had my way that wedding would have OTA + Thea and no one else but i'm more than prepared for anything at this point. 

• Love 4

I'm hoping they'll ship William off somewhere once they get the MYSON drama out of their system. 

If SA must have another fatherly storyline Oliver can have a little girl Olicitot with Felicity.

I will resent MYSON less if he is used to float the idea of an Olicitot down the road. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm hoping they'll ship William off somewhere once they get the MYSON drama out of their system. 

If SA must have another fatherly storyline Oliver can have a little girl Olicitot with Felicity.

I will resent MYSON less if he is used to float the idea of an Olicitot down the road. 

I do love your laser focus.  ????

• Love 3

Hey all, does anyone recall off hand what Slade's promises were in regard to Felicity? And was that in season three or at the end of season two that Slade threatened Oliver with them?  

I'm sure "Promises Kept" will mostly be about Oliver helping Slade with his son, but I was wondering if there might be a benign way to literally interpret promises Slade had made that originally were threats to Felicity.    

Clearly, I'm trying to figure out if Slade will help Oliver with his love life, lol. 

I went looking through the transcripts of 223 and 314, and 223 has a general threat to Oliver's loved ones.

You think I won't get out of here? You think I won't kill those you care for?
I keep my promises, kid. I keep my promises! I keep my promises.

And all I can find in 314 is just the mention of "the girl with glasses". Implied threat, nothing specific.

So now you've lost your father, your mother, and now your little sister. How's the girl with the glasses? What's her name? Felicity.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I went looking through the transcripts of 223 and 314, and 223 has a general threat to Oliver's loved ones.

And all I can find in 314 is just the mention of "the girl with glasses". Implied threat, nothing specific.

Thanks!  That was just what I was looking for.  

Well, the first threat is for everyone and if he was going to keep that promise, he wouldn't have helped Oliver at all, lol.  

The second time he's implying that the only one left for him to go after was Felicity and I guess if Thea is still in a coma (assuming she is in one) when 606 rolls around, technically she'd not be a target but for those that are hoping Slade goes after Felicity because "he keeps his promises" they are completely forgetting that William exists now.  Anyway, with Slade no longer wanting to have revenge on Oliver, that whole line of thinking is not happening unless 605 starts out with Slade coming to Oliver because someone is using his son Joe to blackmail him into targeting Oliver.  

But I do think we might get a callback conversation where he asks how Felicity is (this time minus the implicit death threat.)  I guess really, we already kind of did in 523 but I'm not above letting Slade and Oliver have another conversation about what's going on, especially if for some reason Oliver and Felicity are stalled or something.  

Part of my thought process is I was wondering if they would jump start Olicity right before the crossover or even just remind the audience since their date would have been three weeks in the past at that point.  And people have short attention spans.   Not saying I expect them to get married in the crossover but if romance is in the air, then I'd expect SOMETHING to do with them in that capacity during the crossover at some point and if 605 is already Felicity light and 606 also seems to lean that way (though the B story might have more of her even if she's not interacting with Oliver) then I at least want Oliver to talk about her.  

• Love 2

Another late night thought.  Could that line that Evelyn said when she was put in the cage "that maybe [her] getting caught was part of [Chase's] plan" actually have fruition in 601?  I've been certain this whole time she was dead (and happy about it ) but what if she's how BS and maybe Talia survive?  Chase was no where around when Oliver first let himself be captured at the Temple.  Could Chase have run down, freed Evelyn with the instructions to free BS and Talia if need be before he fought with Oliver at the temple?  

I was just assuming  Talia had some LoA trick to get out of being tied up and wouldn't have had time to free Evelyn even if she wanted to bother about her.  Does anyone recall if the actress was spotted in Vancouver?  It would have made for an interesting scene if a not dead Evelyn popped up while they are running around trying to get off the burning island.  

I'm still 80% sure she's dead but yeah, late night thoughts.  This is what happens when you drink too many Coke Zero's during the day.  

4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

The second time he's implying that the only one left for him to go after was Felicity and I guess if Thea is still in a coma (assuming she is in one) when 606 rolls around, technically she'd not be a target but for those that are hoping Slade goes after Felicity because "he keeps his promises" they are completely forgetting that William exists now.  Anyway, with Slade no longer wanting to have revenge on Oliver, that whole line of thinking is not happening unless 605 starts out with Slade coming to Oliver because someone is using his son Joe to blackmail him into targeting Oliver.  

I mean, ngl, when I saw the title, for 2 seconds I thought about a betrayal or something simply because 215's The Promise was a big deal episode for Oliver and Slade that it would be weird not to mention it in 606 just from such an on the nose title. I agree that it's probably referring to Oliver helping Slade reunite with his son maybe just in a tongue in cheek way, but I'm actually kind of hoping it's a mix of both, like that possible scenario for 605. It could be interesting if for 605 or 606 Team Villain sends Slade after Team Arrow by threatening Joe and then they all team up to get Joe back. And since Slade is somewhat of an ally now it could be a quick and easy way for them to set-up the Team finding out about the Big Bad for 608/609 as usual. 

• Love 1

Lots about BS and BC, maybe some about Rene and Curtis.  Oh, and how much Oliver loves being a father.

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

I mean, ngl, when I saw the title, for 2 seconds I thought about a betrayal or something simply because 215's The Promise was a big deal episode for Oliver and Slade that it would be weird not to mention it in 606 just from such an on the nose title

That's a good catch.  I tend to forget about The Promise because I was so bored by it but it seems that the staff loved it.  Having a tie-in to season 2, maybe a mention of what Sara's doing these days, could make a Slade-centric couple of episodes more interesting to me.  (I'm not a Slade fan; there seems to be little depth to the character or his relationship with Oliver.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Lots about BS and BC, maybe some about Rene and Curtis.  Oh, and how much Oliver loves being a father.

That's a good catch.  I tend to forget about The Promise because I was so bored by it but it seems that the staff loved it.  Having a tie-in to season 2, maybe a mention of what Sara's doing these days, could make a Slade-centric couple of episodes more interesting to me.  (I'm not a Slade fan; there seems to be little depth to the character or his relationship with Oliver.)

Well since there is no Echo and KC on set i would think  there wont be much focus on Curtis and BS. 

• Love 1

Yeah, if they actually acknowledge s2 issues and then make Slade coming back more about working together for a short-term goal and pointing out the issues of them being allies rather than being a friendly helping situation or a generic team-up, I think it could actually be pretty interesting.

4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well since there is no Echo and KC on set i would think  there wont be much focus on Curtis and BS. 

Yeah, plus Rene and Curtis are still "possibly dead" despite the new Mr. Terrific promo, so it doesn't leave much left to talk about unless they just give details about MB coming back for that two-parter

• Love 1
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, if they actually acknowledge s2 issues and then make Slade coming back more about working together for a short-term goal and pointing out the issues of them being allies rather than being a friendly helping situation or a generic team-up, I think it could actually be pretty interesting.

Yeah, plus Rene and Curtis are still "possibly dead" despite the new Mr. Terrific promo, so it doesn't leave much left to talk about unless they just give details about MB coming back for that two-parter

I think the cast might actually give interviews on set and not EPs.  And some of these interviews might be publish after the premiere or close to the premiere. 

Edited by Velocity23

I'm just finding it hard to believe that they'd commit to Oliver being a full-time dad in what's not the final season by killing off Samantha. Really, the only reason to do so would be because they want to kill someone but refuse to kill any of the main cast. A long coma or just keeping Samantha entirely off-screen is a much better idea if they can't get Anna Hopkins for episodes.

I at least expect the focus to be on masks! all the masks!, Oliver as a father (because we clearly haven't heard enough about how bad of a father he's going to be) and Slade since they're filming his two episodes. 

• Love 1
Just now, Velocity23 said:

I think the cast might actually give interviews on set and not EPs

Oh I actually think so too, but then I'm wondering how they went about organizing them, since Natalie is supposed to reveal some of the information next week and the show doesn't come back for a month.

1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Oh I actually think so too, but then I'm wondering how they went about organizing them, since Natalie is supposed to reveal some of the information next week and the show doesn't come back for a month.

Probably the thing she can reveal, is the first info that will be put in an article. 

Probably the thing she can reveal, is the first info that will be put in an article. 

So yeah, a lot of BS.

Edited to say, I know, I know, she's not on set but I couldn't resist those initials.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3