Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Was this something they indicated in an interview, the thing about the halfway point of the season?

It's in the IGN article (posted in New Spoilers thread), where MG is quoted as saying: "We've always known how we want to end the show. That endpoint doesn't require X number of seasons... Let's say the ratings completely tank and Season 6 is the last season; we could work toward it as long as we knew with enough leeway. We could work toward the moment that we always knew about since Day 1. I always say when you get into any season, especially at this point, the ratings and the feedback and the network -- my instinct is we'll get sense halfway through the season how many more seasons we think we might get. We have a lot of ideas that can expand or contract depending."

I don't think it's a specific event, just that halfway through the season is when they'll be getting enough info about ratings and feedback to plan forward.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Is it weird that I can't help but look at the character's name - Samanda - think it's too similar to Samantha and go, "another point in the Samantha dies column"? 

Well the only connection each character has is the fact that their names are similar... So I doubt it. I mean the writers didn't even connect the dots with Susan Williams, William, and Billy... I doubt they did here lol

• Love 2

Samanda Watson? 

Susan Williams? Samantha Clayton? Billy Malone? Amanda Waller?

Why do they come up with these similar sounding names?

3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

So probably the other half the abandoned Susan Williams storyline?

I wonder if she will actually get the info from Good Ol' Susie or if the PI will be the source so they can continue with their Susan was a "good person" and a "good reporter". Though the PI was only looking into it because of her so it's still her fault. Watch it somehow be Thea and Felicity's fault. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Samanda Watson? 

Susan Williams? Samantha Clayton? Billy Malone? Amanda Waller?

Well, Susan Williams and Amanda Waller are lifted from comics.  The others are laziness.  I'm incredulous that no one spotted the William/Williams/Billy parallels as characters blocking Olicity this season.  I mean, I'm pretty sure Samantha's middle name has to be Willamina.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, tv echo said:

It's in the IGN article (posted in New Spoilers thread), where MG is quoted as saying: "We've always known how we want to end the show. That endpoint doesn't require X number of seasons... Let's say the ratings completely tank and Season 6 is the last season; we could work toward it as long as we knew with enough leeway. We could work toward the moment that we always knew about since Day 1. I always say when you get into any season, especially at this point, the ratings and the feedback and the network -- my instinct is we'll get sense halfway through the season how many more seasons we think we might get. We have a lot of ideas that can expand or contract depending."

I don't think it's a specific event, just that halfway through the season is when they'll be getting enough info about ratings and feedback to plan forward.

Oh, that makes sense.  Much less worrisome. 

Why did the EPs pick the name "Samanda" for the FBI agent to be played by Sydelle Noel? It almost feels like a deliberate jab at fans for dissing Baby Mama Samantha, so they picked a similar sounding name for another female character. Also, do they know that there were identical blonde female twins on Big Brother who were known collectively as "Samanda"?  You can even watch a youtube video of these twins singing "Barbie Girl."

I Googled "Samanda" to see if there was some historic, linguistic, symbolic or hidden meaning. All I found is that it's sometimes picked as a baby name to be a mashup of Samantha and Amanda.

FYI - Sydelle Noel is an American actress, former athlete and former model. She is 5' 9" (age unknown). 

Her IMDb page: 
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1999504/

Her twitter:
https://twitter.com/sydelle_noel

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I hate even to bring this up, but do you think that making the FBI agent a female is another bad sign for Lyla's survival - or the survival of the Diggles' marriage - this season?

Yes, I know that not every new (or old) female character has to be a love interest for someone. But not too long ago, we were speculating that the FBI agent would be male and a potential love interest for Dinah.

If Samanda ends up becoming an ally of Team Arrow, then it's not out of the realm of possibility that she could also become romantically involved with someone on the team in the future. If Olicity spoilers are to be believed, Oliver is taken.  Sydelle Noel is too tall for Rene. However, she is not too tall for Diggle. 

Edited by tv echo

Remember this spoiler by SA from June? We now know that there will be multiple villains (group of villains) so that's the lie. We also know that the rift is between Oliver and Diggle, so that's a truth. So can we now assume that Oliver is indeed outed as the GA this season?...

-- On 2 truths and 1 lie about Season 6, SA: "Well, I've only read Episode 601, um, so okay -  hang on, I can do it. Um. Uh. There is a single Big Bad this year. Um, there will be a giant, uh, rift between Oliver and one of the original team members. And, Oliver - his identity as the Green Arrow is revealed. You guys have no idea what's going on." (HVFF-Portland, Jun. 24, 2017: Video in WeAreSecondU tweet, Soulfire post, ShippingAcademy tweet and latinasmoak tweet, page 1545 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

It could also be a misleading truth. Like Oliver is outed by Samanda Watson as the GA, but Diggle dons the Green Arrow outfit so that people see him out on the streets while Oliver is in jail. So then no one believes Samanda.

I do find the spoilers about Oliver and Diggle's relationship confusing. DR has said that there's a huge fracture in their relationship. But he and SA have also said that Oliver helps and mentors Diggle for a change.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, tv echo said:

It could also be a misleading truth. Like Oliver is outed by Samanda Watson as the GA, but Diggle dons the Green Arrow outfit so that people see him out on the streets while Oliver is in jail. So then no one believes Samanda

I had a feeling that this was it. That Oliver being outed would just be a catalyst for Diggle who then would have to be the GA and then confront his issues (and then probably set Richard Dragon on the path to want to take out Team Arrow). It wouldn't be a huge thing as much as a small arc that pushes Diggle's plot along and allows Oliver to do more plot stuff not involving be the GA from a writing stand point (the dad plot, being mayor stuff, confronting the FBI agent as Oliver Queen, etc.).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

I had a feeling that this was it. That Oliver being outed would just be a catalyst for Diggle who then would have to be the GA and then confront his issues (and then probably set Richard Dragon on the path to want to take out Team Arrow). It wouldn't be a huge thing as much as a small arc that pushes Diggle's plot along and allows Oliver to do more plot stuff not involving be the GA from a writing stand point (the dad plot, being mayor stuff, confronting the FBI agent as Oliver Queen, etc.).

Agreed, I had the same thoughts after we found out Diggle will be in the GA costume for a few episodes.

• Love 1

Perhaps whatever emotional or psychological difficulties Digg is going through causes Diggle to do something as GA that Oliver is totally opposed to? He kills Dragon's whatever against Oliver's advice? Maybe something along Felicity's Helix storyline. 

• Love 3

"Samanda" reminds me of Stargate SG-1.  I believe there were fans of Samantha Carter/Amanda Tapping who called themselves Samanda fans.  It took me a while to place why it sounded so familiar though. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, bijoux said:

I forgot about the speculation about the FBI agent being a love interest for Dinah. Although, nothing in the canon prevents her from being bi.

It would be cool if Dinah turned out to be bisexual - except that we've already had a Canary on the show who has a sonic cry, who fights with a bo staff, and who is bisexual. It would just make it even more clear that Dinah is a mashup of Laurel and Sara (looks like Laurel, other stuff Sara).

I bet that TPTB are regretting that they killed off Sara in S3 in order to make Laurel the BC. I also bet that, if CL wasn't starring on LoT, they would've brought her back to Arrow after Laurel was killed to become the Black Canary (again).  Instead, they had to introduce a new BC and try to make her into Sara 2.0.

• Love 4
On 5.8.2017 at 1:46 PM, bijoux said:

I forgot about the speculation about the FBI agent being a love interest for Dinah. Although, nothing in the canon prevents her from being bi.

Dinah defined herself as heterosexual in 5x20, but I suppose they could still write a storyline where she suddenly finds herself drawn to a woman. I just don't have much faith that they would handle it with care, though. 

Edited by strikera0
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

I bet that TPTB are regretting that they killed off Sara in S3 in order to make Laurel the BC. I also bet that, if CL wasn't starring on LoT, they would've brought her back to Arrow after Laurel was killed to become the Black Canary (again).  Instead, they had to introduce a new BC and try to make her into Sara 2.0.

I doubt they're really torn up about it, since they still managed to use her to launch LoT.

26 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Dinah defined herself as homosexual in 5x20, but I suppose they could still write a storyline where she suddenly finds herself drawn to a woman. I just don't have much faith that they would handle it with care, though. 

You mean heterosexual? I honestly don't remember her saying anything one way or another. And my comment was tongue in cheek, really. I didn't think about Samanda being paired up with anyone when I read the casting news, I just thought it was nice that they hired a woman of color for a role that could easily have gone to a man.

Edited by bijoux
12 minutes ago, bijoux said:

You mean heterosexual? I honestly don't remember her saying anything one way or another. And my comment was tongue in cheek, really. I didn't think about Samanda being paired up with anyone when I read the casting news, I just thought it was nice that they hired a woman of color for a role that could easily have gone to a man.

Oops, of course I meant heterosexual. She made that comment to Curtis over the coms when she overheard him talking to Rene about his love for a young Marc Singer. 

3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

"Samanda" reminds me of Stargate SG-1.  I believe there were fans of Samantha Carter/Amanda Tapping who called themselves Samanda fans.  It took me a while to place why it sounded so familiar though. 

Yeah that's what I thought of.

44 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Oops, of course I meant heterosexual. She made that comment to Curtis over the coms when she overheard him talking to Rene about his love for a young Marc Singer. 

True, although if they wanted to they could always ignore it or say she meant she knew she was also attracted to men due to Marc Singer. I doubt they will though and I hope they don't since it's almost the only thing they haven't used from Sara and pasted on to later Canaries (apart from Syn) not that Sara has to be the only bisexual person in the Flarrowverse.

The role doesn't sound like it needs to be a love interest, plenty of cop antagonists in roles like this aren't. I guess it depends on the state of everyone's relationships as her character develops. Though anyone who dates the FBI agent investigating Oliver/GA is as dumb as Oliver dating the reporter investigating him/covering City Hall. I guess he did also date McKenna who was on the anti Hood task force but his cover was a lot less shaky then and Diggle was allowed to point out how dumb it was. And it only went on 2 episodes or so.

They already have a bi-Canary and a lesbian cop in the Arrowverse. Plus they had the fry and milkshake "flirting" with Laurel and Nyssa that had a chunk of fans shipping them. I know that is out of story but still.  I hope they don't go this route with Dinah. 

• Love 1

Regarding the Huntress, Guggenheim said, “I want to say, ‘Absolutely.’ Jessica De Gouw has expressed an absolute willingness to come back. Jessica’s a favorite actor of mine, and the Huntress is a favorite character of mine. I want to make it happen in Season 6. We’ve got some plans for the later half of the year that I think she will fit into really well, so we’ll see.”

I'll believe it when i see it, they've been trying to get Huntress/Jessica back since S3 (she appeared in S2).  I know the actress isn't hurting for work but, i also don't think she's as eager to return to Arrow as MG makes it sound.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Huntress again, but I don't particularly care if we don't. I know she was in the 2.5 comics, but considering how they just ignored the 1.5 comics with 419, I honestly have no idea what we should even begin to expect if they do bring her back.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the Huntress again, but I don't particularly care if we don't. I know she was in the 2.5 comics, but considering how they just ignored the 1.5 comics with 419, I honestly have no idea what we should even begin to expect if they do bring her back.

I think they want to do another BOP episode.

41 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I think they want to do another BOP episode.

Maybe use it to test the audience? I have a feeling they might cancel LoT and greenlight a BoP series (with CL, JH, JDG (maybe), KC-ish)

25 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Maybe use it to test the audience? I have a feeling they might cancel LoT and greenlight a BoP series (with CL, JH, JDG (maybe), KC-ish)

No way IMO will they cancel Legends.

• Love 3

LoT is expensive and it doesn't make up the money the way Arrow, Flash and Supergirl does in post views and merchandise. However, I don't see them planning to kill LoT for a potential BoP spinoff. 

To be honest I don't even think DC would give them BoP. I think they'd save it for movies as part of the Gothem City Sirens

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I've never seen anyone connected to the show or network say this. Even if it is, imo it's not getting canceled.

There were whole articles written about the fact that Legends was expensive and the network were freaking out about the low ratings during season 1.

Just now, Proteus said:

Even if it is, imo it's not getting canceled.

No one can really say it for sure... Me saying it may get canceled is just as much conjecture as you saying it won't. 

We'll see when the time comes... For me it's just a feeling.

2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I've never seen anyone connected to the show or network say this.

I think you can make an educated guess on how expensive it is. The amount of CGI LoT has far surpasses the amount of CGI Flash/SG have. Not to mention Routh/Garber/McDonough must be really expensive to keep on.

Anyways here's a couple of links that say it's expensive:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/28/why-legends-of-tomorrow-is-now-the-cws-best-dc-comics-series

The shorter season length also helps Legends consolidate its resources. It's an expensive series, to be sure. You have an entire team of superheroes, several of whom have pretty flamboyant metahuman powers. And where The Flash, Arrow and Supergirl usually remain confined to the same downtown Vancouver setting each week, Legends is constantly dragging its cast from one far-flung time period to the next. Add another half dozen installments to the mix, and suddenly we might be seeing a lot more cheap, pointless bottle episodes.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/27/the-morning-after-the-night-before-on-supergirl-and-constantine/

I’m hearing from another well connected source that the show is incredibly expensive and they’re not sure if they’ll go with a second season, and instead replace it with a totally different show for it.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/12/03/legends-tomorrow-best-dc-comic-tv-shows-cw/

With recent news that Legends of Tomorrow is soon moving to Tuesdays following The Flash, some fans are worried that the show could be on its last chance to find more solid ratings.

While there is no solid evidence that Legends is actually nearing cancellation, there is a discussion to be had about where it ranks in the DC TV lineup. No doubt some will disagree, but Here's Why Legends of Tomorrow is the Best DC TV Show (at the moment). 

I don't think they're canceling LOT either. It's not making them the money the other DC shows do but it's not exactly tanking either. What happens if they cancel LOT and BoP bombs? Too much of a risk, I think. They might try BoP but I agree with @Morrigan2575 that they're likely saving it for the movies. 

I'm kinda meh on the Huntress. If she comes back, OK; if she doesn't, it's not like I'm missing her. 

• Love 4